logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RadioVine  
#1 Posted : 26 March 2021 04:32:28(UTC)
RadioVine

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1064 time(s) in 342 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Shoot Photographer: Niguel Baker
Set Design: Elliot Davis
Creative Director: Max Martin
Creative Direction: Deja Lovesick
Stylist: Christin Den

In the middle of the seemed battlefield of pop records roaring though popular mainstream, the year is 2020, a year where all greatness and survival was tested. It’s the year the pandemic of COVID became our sad reality. But what’s the most epic thing you can continue to do during these depressing times? Music is the key to our souls and the dictionary of our emotions. The pop world had several leading ladies continuing to shuffle and challenge pop music. It’s one vocalist- that did that back in 2007, with her single ‘Color Me’ remembering the strong pop stamp of her record, she described perfectly her mental illness in simple terms- the terms of a coloring book. The bizzare yet clever idea bought the eyes needed to see this talent. Not only her strong vocalist handed her 3.2 million copies debuted album, thought her career, Radio Vine has created a land that was structured just for her, now, in 2021, her name remains even bigger after her sophomore album, ‘ Vineyard’ grew ears and eyes to her visionary talent. The success that grew with the release, once proves her star studded willpower to create and produce some of pops most remembering records to date.

UserPostedImage

The whole world then heard, ‘ Sweet Tea’ and like myself and many, I didn’t know what to expect, I expected very highly but wasn’t expecting to much. Back in 2009, Radio announced her ‘Silence’ album which never released and ‘F.O.M.S” that never completed production in the timely matter in which Studio 60 needed the record by. Radio failed to complete the project and her team pulled the entire album. Going into the summer of 2010, she begins to release just promo tracks, once again engineering her fans up to the beloved star, then goes dark. For years, she then went off the radar, not being seen or heard for almost a decade. The career of Radio went dark along with herself. We went on a searching almost to seek where Radio was. Buried in the valley of Paris, she found her time alone well earned. Working on the creation of Vineyard.. she studied herself and her voice to create a storyline that inspired her rogue days of the singer who which were once pops head girl, quickly being forgetful. She had to reclaim her position.

UserPostedImage

Battling a relationship that only welcomes violence and darkness, her powerful but native mind went towards a monster that’s dressed in fine and tailored false promises and heartbreaks. Radio was intrigued by Frank’s mysterious intentions and good looks. She painted such a seed in this relationship, she’ll do anything to make it grow, if that means hurting herself and others around her. Knowing from Radios past of abuse and only being a foster child at age 6, her real mother and father leaving you to tend to herself mentally and emotionally.. a very sad beginning to hopefully bright future to only be toured and took away from her in the middle of her upbringing.

In fact, at age of six, she barely knew or saw her parents. She was often watched by her grandfather, Elliot that later declined adopting her due to her early mental breakthroughs and her overbearing personality that turn people into the madness Radio wanted as an child. Elliot’s wife. Alle Ainfield took part of Radios life at age 14, soon after dying from cancer, focusing the singer to go back into foster care. Elliot started to visit and show the love Radio never had or experienced, we see the thick love Elliot has grown from her since childhood in her four part HBO special, “ Crazy Lady” that streamed 5.6 million viewers as of March 2021.

UserPostedImage

Having talks with Radio in often very misleading. She explains that she knew this girl named Nova, that grew up just a few blocks from her foster home. A natural blonde, always wearing pretty dresses, parents were both lawyers, lived in a house that looked like a castle. Very fortunate and rich girl. She talked about this girl very many hours with me, to only find out it’s someone she completely made up that inspired parts of Vineyard. Nova wasn’t a real person but the little girl by the name of Alicia was real, based on the illustration of who Nova was inside of her head. “ I use to see this girl name Alicia.. down the street from my house and her parents had this beautiful garden in the front of their house for the world to see and I just... always wanted to play in that garden like her but of course because I was a weird kid, I never got that opportunity..”

The vivid and clear memories she was able to recreate for me though disturbing painting that hangs from the cream walls of her LA home, nicely proves how Radio likes to be reminded of her ill moments of self loathing and damaging decisions. (Track reference- Villa) those colors that orbits into shades of light and dark red hangs perfectly in the spot she wrote most of her music for Vineyard, near the back of the home in a dark passage way that leads to the back of her home.

UserPostedImage

Utterly disturbing and uncomfortable walking back there, but it felt like it was her way of communicating with her ‘ other self’ to be able to bring such vivid imagination to records in her career. The very thing that we all desire in a way, being able to fully put what’s on your mind into the universe in some kind of way. Radio manages to dig into a part of her imagination that is shattering to what people expect from her, and it thrills those who we know what to not expect for her. This album became the unseen imagination of her mind, controlling her passionate fire to be a visionary far apart from just being creative, but taking her vision into a time lapse that stops in the middle of time, focusing on something do’s and don’t’s but not giving a fuck.

UserPostedImage

She seems she wanted to fail by pushing more boundaries in her career then over. What’s it’s like being her? Just imagine wanting to be who you are and not really knowing who you are in just spilt seconds in between the day. (Track related-Day Dream) Having an idea she has. She knows who she is in terms of representation of herself, her music, her art. Knowing that her past is the ultimate prize in her future, being strong enough to come back with a full album creating a strictly produced song for herself to step her apart, she knows what love is when it’s valve to her. The roots of Radio never changes, but the flower beds and the growing does from the bottom up. [Track related- Seeds]

“ I recall just loving to leave for school in the morning to see that garden.. because Ha! Our garden, little fucking garden was all died in the back from dogs and humans not taking care of it so this bought light to my day.. I was so obsessed.” Radio recalls sitting outside during the day to obsess and imagine her life as an gardener with husband and several children keeping her company, ironically later in life having that man that she thought was perfect for that dream she had in mind to only later question if she really wants that man and children lifestyle she always imagined. [Producers included the chorus sample of, “ Just my Imagination” by the Temptations was used in the track ‘Day Dream’ to focus on her imaginary personalities Radio has created in her mind to further explain her childhood and adulthood memories]

As time and life continues to move, it feels Radio is stuck between the trace of herself and her future self. Writing and producing the project for over four years, Radio recorded over 120 tracks over the course of time to perfectly execute the concept behind her lucid dreams and personalities that seems so real to her because often times they are apart of some trauma or experience she has had. She walks though this lucid moments, fighting demons that collects with her mind while she is, what she likes to call it ‘ lucid diving’ diving so deep within yourself , you begin to feel movements,vibration inside yourself.
[track reference- Follow Me]

UserPostedImage

It’s the moment that comes to a sudden dark pause, weary with doubt and fear, ahead can be the happy, go lucky, smart and sassy young women most of us met on ‘Color Me’ then what may be ahead is the brutally honestly, heartless, convicting of a victim but the [Track related-Villan] at times. The sneaky but beautifully moving women that moves like a snake in the grass, sneaking upon her prey... the prey being Frank but her movements of every single one of who she is, moves along with her either their the devil on the left or the angel on the right. [Track related- TWINS]

“ I just imagined me being able to be happy, without no one telling me I’m happy.. I know I have all the deserving in the world to be happy.. until I’m not happy and that’s the issue..”

UserPostedImage

When the dark comes, Radio likes to settle in it. Back in 2014, Radio was taken to the hospital with her music best friend, Allision With as an result to over drinking the night before. Allison recalls Radio extremely emotional about her grandmothers death. Anne has been dead for two decades. Most was confused knowing that Radio never talks about her grandmother because of her stories about her mother that painted such a brutal picture of how much Radio mom loved her. She ran away from the thought of unloving parents, ran away from lovers who used her body as an insecurity, broken her down to her worst product of her self love, to suddenly being able to dance happily with tears falling down her face, accepting her emotional fate that feels like a leech over her life. [Radio recorded, ‘ Peace Knockers’ after being archiving happiness the week that Frank left to be with his ex. She manifest happiness but the dangerous knocks of secretive hate for each other became the outline for the ongoing draining affair.] Peace was never something Radio personally wanted, well sometimes— but maybe she likes to test her strength sometimes. She is like a ray of light, running at full speed, into a much higher speed of light, fearless she comes... fearless she still runs away from the threat of someone bigger and better, much why Frank and her never will be successful. The threats of Egos... [Track Related- Disturbing You]

“ it feels like everyday was hell with myself and other shit.. I didn’t know how to use that energy towards something more postivie so I figure write an album.. fuck it if people don’t like it, I guess they don’t like who they are.. you gotta be somewhat insecure if someone use makes you uncomfortable, right? Hell yeah..”

UserPostedImage

We are in 2013, and Radio is being seen around the UK touring different venues and clubs. This year, the face and element of pop music was changing. The wave of electronic and dance-hall created a diverse rich taste that a lot of pop artist began to mark the start of a new market for pop music. It became even more edgier and brave, but Radio was racing against the darkness. During the year of 2013, Studio60 presented a idea for a bubble gum pop album mixed with some dance hall reflections, focusing on Radio being a little more lighter sound and look wise for her fans. Most exclusives at the label said it would of made Radio more of a mainstream artist instead of the artist who is usually forgotten about soon as she releases anything. “ she had no gratitude or gravity when it came to her music.. it all felt flat..” after hearing the ideas from the label, the record label released an ‘ not to enter’ order on Radio that prevents her from entering the label headquarters after Radio then violently tried to harm the staff at the label.

Studio 60 was deeply hurt by this, Radio then off to her home in Paris, bringing on Frank for the ride, going into such a romantic place for just unromantic intentions, wanting him there just to keep her cope with her down fall. “ I didn’t want to do that shit.. it wasn’t in me! Nothing was. They wanted me to go out there singing music that my nine year old niece could of written and performed..” Radio called it “ disrespecting my artistry because they know who I am and that wasn’t it..” Paris became the encouragement to needs to continue to paint on her already ripped canvas. The house of horror, always directs into her 20,589 square feet home that sits behind a field that’s originally was a field created to make wine, Radio wanted to turn it into a huge garden filled with fruits, vegetables and herbs that she describes as her ‘ safe place’ [Track Reference- Villa]

We are back into the year of 1996, Radio gets up with her foster siblings and walks down to the kitchen where her foster mother sits with her female friends, drinking morning tea. “ I just remember the smell.. it always felt so inviting..” recalling the times of laughter with the women at the table every morning. The way the women will inspire each other, love each other.. Radio thought that was the power of tea..

UserPostedImage

“ I wanted some of that.. they will just sip out of these cups and we will be laughing and just.. having fun, enjoying each other company. Me, young thinking tea does that but what I didn’t realize it that, happiness inside makes you that way.. that’s why trying to make myself do it like it will save me.. it didn’t..” [Track related- Sweet Tea]

Radio recalls her grandfather, Elliot always telling her, “ it’s what’s inside that is seen on the outside..”

Rewind back to 2007, backstage at the Good Mourning Tour with Vanity, the lights and the high volume of cheers roars after Radio walks off stage. Radio walks over and explains to me about a story of a murder, two young girls murdered by their father and then he kills himself. I’ve heard this story plenty of times different ways, but this time she replaces the victims of the story to Radio, Destiny and Nova. Wishing she can kill Destiny to become Radio with the life of Nova. She’ll tell me that story each night before going out on that stage to perform. It was disturbing but something grew her guts in little bit more because she made me so uncomfortable, but when I seen her perform; it made me instantly feel better. [Track Related-Be Careful]

UserPostedImage

This is 2009, in the mist of her suicide scandal, Radio releases, ‘Bones’ in the response to her suicidal attempt. Remembering, she had been off her medication for a few weeks, I confidently knew something was going to happen but I never thought she would of came out and recorded music just shortly after trying to attempt suicide. She bursts though the studio door, she’s angry but not at us- she’s angry at herself. She went in and just sang the whole time without any music at all, then further more she does.. [Track Reference-Empty] that then sent her on a
more darker road that surrenders her ability to even be on track again... [Track Related- No Good For Me]

The morning sky across the Los Angeles pit of the early morning of January 2 is her restructured team of creative surrounds her as she speaks on the shows that will be shooting in the iconic Yankee Stadium, with new routines, costumes music and visuals. “ I want it to be a fantasy.. in a way..” was her clear pitch on the visual concept of the performance. She begins tough rehearsal schedule as she prepares to perform three songs with live vocals. Her vocal teacher, Vil Givens is on her side the entire way. “ she came in with this vision and you know you see her as this person in this industry and people have no idea how brilliant this women is..” said Max Martin, a long time friend and producer to Vineyard. The structure of the performances is an vision come to light in so many different aspects. It’s a diving moment in all of the performances that’s connects you with the album and to have, just to shadow the album in such a powerful way in the roll out of the album was clever and nice, Radio elements as an entertainer was sharpen and proven.

UserPostedImage

Radio self proclaimed as the ‘crazy lady’ of music dives a bit deeper.... it collided with motive, sadness, heartbreak, strength, and insecurity in a place that rips though the thick layer of Radio Vine. It clips just the reality of so many places. It’s rooted into the deepest depths of this earth, On January 22, she released her sophomore album, ‘Vineyard’. that debuted at number one, reviving herself once and all, the masterpiece. The Devine masterpiece... [Track Related: Soda Pop]

Edited by user 26 March 2021 04:34:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

thanks 7 users thanked RadioVine for this useful post.
2001clay on 26/03/2021(UTC), erich hess on 26/03/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 26/03/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 26/03/2021(UTC), freestylechamp on 26/03/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/03/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/03/2021(UTC)