logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 28 April 2021 02:06:55(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

UserPostedImage

OFFICIAL ALBUM COVER

“This album consists of 12 carefully chosen tracks that were written and produced in the span of 8 months. This album was created in honor and memory of Stephanie Fierce. Tracks are not to be duplicated or sampled.” - The Architect

OFFICIAL TRACKLIST:

1. PLANET NERD
2. A DAY IN SPACE (live from 999 Radio with Radio Mine)
3. ALONE IN THE DARK (ft. radio vine as 'radio mine')
4. DANCE.PARTY.HARD (999)
5. ARCHITECT

6. THROB (ft. fangz as 'fangz')
7. SEX OUT OF THIS EARTH
8. INTERMISSION/LABOR OF LOVE

9. MECHANICAL LOVE (ft. silver spoons as 'space cowboy' and xxx as '3x')
10. SAVE YOURSELF (ft. zion as 'zion')
11. DEATH OF THE ARCHITECT/DEATH OF DISCO
12. DON'T LOSE YOUR MIND
(ft. erich hess as 'space elvis')

“The Architect Tapes” is the second (fifth studio album overall) by Daniel The Freenerd under his independent label Freenerd Music set to be released on May 28, 2021. The album will become available for free streaming and download (therefore will not become eligible to chart since no sales tracking will be determined); despite its heavy commercial push with singles and visuals. The album was solely written and produced by Daniel The Freenerd at his home recording studio Freenerd Studios in Orlando, Florida during the length of an 8-month studio session. The album was originally intended to be a collaboration album with Daniel and Stephanie Fierce and they would begin work as early as August 2020 but due to Fierce’s illness/death Daniel commenced work on the album on his own late September 2020. The concept of the album slightly changed due to this unfortunate tragedy but in honor of Fierce; Daniel pays homage to the singer on the back cover of his album and in various but subtle references in many of the album’s visuals.

HISTORY/BACKGROUND & CONCEPT/ART

After the release of "Milking The Pop Stars", commercial success of "Monster in Your Bed", and various other projects Daniel put his focus on in 2020, Daniel held a meeting with his band and team to focus on creating a new “secret” project. While the project was in its early stages Daniel knew exactly what he had in mind for the overall visual concept of the project and it was something he knew would be out of his team’s comfort zone.

"It’s always exciting when you start a new project but this one felt different because my approach was very calculated and organized which in my world is unheard of. I am not polished in any sense of the word, that is why a lot of my projects are all over the place. Coming into this project I had something in mind. I knew I wanted to create a universe that I always envisioned from fantasies that have lived in my dreams since I was younger. I wanted to involve other up and coming artists and create some sort of movement in a sense with this world I created. A lot of the characters are inspired by real people in the music industry. People who I love and admire and even some whom I have faced some unfortunate encounters with. It is all done in love and light of my art.”

In early October 2020 early stages for the creation of "The Architect Tapes" began to take place in the form of a comic book story. Daniel enlisted iconic comic book artist Bernard Chang who has worked on various comic book heroes for the DC/Marvel world. Daniel was drawn by Chang's work in "Deadpool" specifically which led him to work with the illustrator. In the course of 6 months, Chang worked closely with Daniel in development of the illustrations for "The Architect Tapes" which evolved over time once the budget for the project was increased due to Daniel’s interest in bringing the project to new heights.

"We started with the comic book first because we wanted the visuals to kind of be the source and inspiration to create the actual direction and sound for the album. Visuals always keep me inspired and I get the best result of creating music by visualizing it. It’s kind of my gift with creativity but it also holds me back in the sense that not everything can be a visual. I have always been a fan of Guardians of The Galaxy and Deadpool which served as a huge inspiration into creating the Architect Tapes; however, I wanted to create my own original story and working closely with Chang the story sort of evolved over time without me even wanting it to. I was really submerged into the world I created, and it is just became something bigger than I initially anticipated. I knew that coming into it people wouldn’t understand who The Architect was and what that actually references and I think the mystery behind that at first felt so thrilling”.

After a few months of sketching, writing, and developing the sound and image for “The Architect Tapes”, Daniel was convinced with the selection process of choosing a lead single. Before choosing a single Daniel spent over two weeks working with close friend Chris Cunningham to photograph Daniel in his new designed character “The Architect”. The futuristic look was one that took the project to a new level in terms of budgeting and resources. In the midst of pandemic it brough forward a challenge to both his team and his own independent handled finances. The Architect character first made its debut at the Pepsi Super Bowl LV Halftime Show when Daniel was featured as a DJ for the performance of “Psycho Love”. Despite the general public not having any knowledge of whom The Architect was; it was all in plan to start the birth of a new era for Daniel.

The LP’s first single “Architect” was released almost spontaneously out to the internet on February 23, 2021 with no prior announcement or promotional push. The song officially introduced a new-found persona or alter ego “The Architect” to his core base of listeners. The release shocked fans with a new image and commercial sound that Daniel had never approached with his prior releases. The production on the lead single was also met with favorable reviews from critics and fans citing “a refreshing new direction, clean and digestible to the average music listener in comparison to previous releases”.

“The first single was kind of my way to break out of that indie persona people often label me as and just throw myself out there to the wolves of pop music. I sat down with my team and I told them I was going to finally release an album that is intended for the masses and almost no one believed me. I think for me I never genuinely wanted to be famous as much as I project that on all the work I do for other singers. That is why I created an alter ego persona so I can pretty much put the weight of fame on that persona and not myself. The Architect is a fictional character, but he also carries a lot of me in him; so, in a sense he is almost like an extension of who I am in a parallel universe that really does not exist. But there is a bit more to that. There is a layer of egoness in there somewhere that I have never had the opportunity to show people because I always lived through other people’s work, I help create but my own. It’s both exciting and empowering.”

With the success of the lead single “Architect”, Daniel continued work on “The Architect Tapes” which completed on April 20, 2021. The album’s cover and track-list was confirmed on April 21, 2021 via Twitter and Instagram.

WRITING / VOCALS / PRODUCTION

Production and writing for “The Architect Tapes began as early as October 2020 at Daniel’s highly secured home recording studio in Orlando, FL. While Daniel did not enlist other producers or songwriters to contribute to the overall creation of the album, music artists Radio Vine, FANGZ, Silver Spoons, XXX, Zion and Erich Hess lent their voices as featured vocalists. Each respective artist will play a character that’s based off The Architect Tapes. While their roles are only highlighted in their featured tracks; the characters are also featured in the comic book booklet included in the packaging release of “The Architect Tapes”.

Daniel spent most of the fall and winter of 2020/early 2021 writing and producing “The Architect Tapes” aside from all the production work he was working for other upcoming artists on the Freenerd Management roster. His hefty schedule put a strain on his mental and physical health, inspiring the track “Don’t Lose Your Mind” which originally was not going to be included on the track-list but was added at the very last minute.

The album mainly consists of genres rooted from the dance music scene and disco clubs in the 80’s. The album explores the use of electronic dance-house, Noise, R&B, post-disco and alternative rock/pop sounds and features many different vocal styles and use of vocoded vocals. The use of vocoded vocals were heavily used to support the human/hybrid form of The Architect. The use of synthesizers, digital instruments and sound boards are very prominent throughout the album, but real instruments are included in the productions as part of the layering of the songs. Each song contains an atmospheric soundscape to make listeners feel like they are in a different environment than they are when listening to the songs.

The album was also specially engineered with 360 audio technology, making listeners feel like they are physically in the environment that the track was recorded in while listening to the album. Listeners will have the option to turn off this feature when listening via streaming devices like Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal ect and this feature will become compatible with most headphones.

"All the visuals on this album are well crafted and polished but when it comes to the sound, I specifically wanted to step away from the indie like mentality I sort of always carried in my approach to recording music as much as possible. With "Architect" I took one of the most iconic beats; Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" and sort of expanded and merged that into my world. I think as far as the sound we were going for an electronic dance disco sort of record. One that is altered by other genres of music.

I wanted to bring sounds to dance music that are not typical. If you hear Architect, it has a very traditional snare like beat reminiscent to Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" but then you hear these quirky "too-too-too-tooo" like sounds in the background and a heavy synthesizer drops and feels very climatic. You also have the disco production and violins putting the track on an even bigger pedestal than it honestly deserved to be.”

WELCOME TO PLANET NERD

Planet Nerd is a planet located in a parallel universe where gaming, technology, intelligence, and architecture thrive. The planet is primarily outnumbered by males, though various female citizens contribute a great deal of importance to the planet. Technology in this planet is far more advanced in comparison to planet Earth. While the life expectancy for males in the planet is 169 years, its 201 for females. Since the limited female population live longer, they serve as an importance to procreate as much as possible under the sexist laws by the dictator of the planet.

PLANET NERD, STORYLINE & CHARACTERS

Born in Planet Nerd; The Architect (ID 1069) is an underground dance music DJ who looks after his father “The Disco King of Planet Nerd”. Combining Disco with underground beats he brings forward an infectious new sound that Planet Nerd habitants love.

The planet’s ruler Mr. Genocide serves as dictator of the once open-minded atmospheric planet. Within his rulership, all inhabitants can procreate but marriage between a male and a female is banned. The play and creation of dance music is also illegal. In retaliation, The Architect puts his focus on creating illegal dance music; and playing it live at underground Club 999 where Planet Nerd citizens can escape and have a night of fun.

The planet’s first female citizen Radio Mine is discovered by The Architect upon performing at one of his underground sessions at Club 999. The Architect develops Radio Mine as a superstar and in the midst of creating his new album the two fall in love. Once it is discovered that music is being created at the underground club, Mr. Genocide sends his army to capture The Architect and Radio Mine to have them killed. Once they are captured, Mr. Genocide attempts to kill Radio Mine with a lethal weapon, but The Architects breaks her death and is killed instead. Mine manages to escape with the help of a warrior princess named FANGZ.

Moments after his death, The Architect’s music tapes/outfit blueprints are discovered by Daniel. To keep “The Architect’s” legacy alive he decides to create a robot/human hybrid of “The Architect” and bring him back to life so that dance music on Planet Nerd can continue to thrive and live in its own right.
Upon his revival, The Architect reunites with Radio Mine who initially tries to destroy him before discovering it is The Architect in hybrid form. Once Mine learns that The Architect is revived, they team up to have Mr. Genocide killed so that Planet Nerd can be brought back to its original culture and atmosphere. Their adventures are illustrated in a comic book titled “The Architect Tapes”.

MAIN CHARACTERS:

- DANIEL

The Architect’s creator Daniel designs advanced protective head gear, weapons, and other protective equipment. He develops “The Architect” after “1069’s” death by Mr. Genocide. Daniel’s discovery of the music tapes left from 1069’s unheard music sessions inspire him to develop a human/robot hybrid whom he titles “The Architect”.

- 1069/THE ARCHITECT

“1069” is a fictional character from Planet Nerd; a planet where only male creatures roam to form an advanced society. The Architect is essentially a human/robot hybrid revived version of “1069” that features robotic headgear and metallic gloves but is mostly of human properties. Prior to his death in his spare time, he worked as an underground DJ at Club 999 where he used his creativity to engineer music under his ID name “1069”. “1069” is held captive and killed by the planet's leader Mr. Genocide. While most of the tapes are destroyed, various tapes are then found by Daniel who secretly works to keep 1069’s legacy alive by re-creating a robot/human hybrid called “The Architect”.

- RADIO MINE

Planet Nerd’s first female citizen who is discovered by 1069 and made into a global superstar. Mine falls in love with 1069 in the midst of creating new music. Her love for 1069 is quickly disrupted by Mr. Genocide who captures the singer and holds her hostage. She escapes with the help of Warrior Fangz.

- MR. GENOCIDE

Planet Nerd’s dictator/ruler who captures and kills the Architect’s human form “1069”.

- OTHER CHARACTERS: SPACE ELVIS, FANGZ, SPACE COWBOY, 3X & ZION.

Power vocalists from other planets featured on 1069’s music tapes before he was killed by Mr. Genocide.

CROSSOVERS/PRODUCT PLACEMENT

The Planet Nerd world will experience crossovers/product placement with other artists; specifically in music videos.

FANGZ - Voodoo ; Planet Nerd is featured as the base location of the music video; not limited to a video game titled "Fangz: Planet Nerd". The storyline in the video game and music video is a reference from the overall storyline of “The Architect Tapes” comic book.

Silver Spoons- Country Ass; a product placement of Planet Nerd is seen on a billboard in one of the scenes of the music video.

TBA – More crossovers will be unveiled and announced in the coming time.

Edited by user 15 May 2021 07:55:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 7 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
2001clay on 28/04/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 28/04/2021(UTC), erich hess on 28/04/2021(UTC), freestylechamp on 28/04/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 28/04/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 28/04/2021(UTC), chaotic_princess on 28/04/2021(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#2 Posted : 28 April 2021 02:36:00(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
UserPostedImage

OOC: So excited for this, that even Erich did a song? I want this so bad

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 28/04/2021(UTC), erich hess on 28/04/2021(UTC)
#3 Posted : 15 May 2021 07:53:30(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

1ST S I N G L E
A Freenerd Studios Production

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Title: “Architect”
Album: The Architect Tapes
Release Date: February 23, 2021
Length: 4:01 (Minutes:Seconds)
Formats: Digital Download, Streaming
Recorded/Production: October 2020; Freenerd Studios Orlando, FL
Genres: Dance-Electronic
Label: Independent
Writers: Daniel The Freenerd
Producers: Daniel The Freenerd

A R C H I T E C T is the lead single from Daniel The Freenerd's upcoming studio album titled "The Architect Tapes"; which is set to be released May 2021 as an independent release. The album is set to be a concept album that will have a comic book illustration feel and storyline. The official song premiered on February 23, 2021 and immediately became available on all streaming/digital platforms. The song was solely written and produced by Daniel The Freenerd at his home recording studio Freenerd Studios in Orlando Florida.

C O N C E P T : I N T R O D U C I N G T H E A R C H I T E C T

The Architect: Featuring robotic headgear and metallic gloves, The Architect is an electronic robotic DJ that uses his creativity to engineer music for a planet called "Planet Nerd". The Architect is held captive and killed by the planet's leaders. While most of the tapes are destroyed, various tapes are then found by one of the planet's undisclosed fans.

"I always felt it was kind of cliché and gimmicky to create an alter ego. I always tried not to do that in the past because I didn't want to create a character within my music. I wanted each song I created to kind of stand on it's own two legs and not be dependent on an alter ego or some gimmicky character but I learned over time that sometimes that's no necessarily a bad thing. I know I've done that for other artists I've worked with for fun and to add personality to a record but I can't say this character is an "alter ego" per say. For me I wanted to create a new musical persona that's not necessarily an extension of me like an alter ego but just a made up character like the one from a comic book. I don't know if its one that I will revisit and continue in the future but just something I created out of pure fun".

W R I T I N G / L Y R I C S

With a play on words, the song talks about an architect obsessed with one of his designs. The song also introduces The Architect and his lewd obsession over one his designs Radio Mine. The character is heavily inspired by Radio Vine whom Daniel dated and managed during her early music career.

"I wanted to write a song about creators. People that like to create art and just kind of turn that concept into a love song. I would often think of myself as a music architect. A lot of my music I've created on my own and the songs I've done for other artists as well. However, I've had experiences in the past when I created a song that I didn't want to give away. It's kind of like love. You want to hold on to someone you know it's not destined to be with you. Letting them go just kind of becomes the challenge. That's what The Architect faces with his design Radio Mine".

P R O D U C T I O N / I N S T R U M E N T A T I O N

Daniel began production for the song as early as October 2020 at his home recording studio Freenerd Studios in Orlando, FL. The song was the first to be written and recorded to set the tone for the album. Initially the song was expected to be a fast paced dance electronic record but the song's pace was slowed down to combat the cliché comparisons to his aspirations.

The song starts with a standard drum beat and hi-hat, that similar of Michael Jackson's "Billy Jean" but is quickly joined by a disco flavored violin. The drum beat is then joined by a deep thumbing bassline and electronic keyboards that mimic horn sounding instruments. A quirky flute like sound is also heard throughout various parts of the song. Various handclaps are also heard subtly throughout the song. In 80's fashion the song's productions draws inspiration from Disco and vintage alternative electronic sounds.

In signature fashion, Daniel's vocals are low and effortless. Despite its relaxed fashion Daniel is heard vocalizing and belting during the choruses of the song but most of the track has a settled pitch that is almost monotone.

"The sonic personality of this song is that of a throwback feel but it also has that indie dance scene vibe that I'm know for in my early albums. I think it was appropriate to dive into that direction. I usually don't like to remake my old sounds, but I think with this recording it was done to elevate what I've previously done. That's kind of my comfort zone when I think of music I want to make for myself and not for other artist. I think the drum beat is what makes it stand out from anything I've ever done. I don't usually go that pop and basic but It just feels right with his track. I was definitely inspired by Michael Jackson's Billy Jean for that."

A R C H I T E C T
UserPostedImage
You're my cruel obsession
I want to study all your veins and nerves
cruel but sweet obsession
study all your shapes and curves
I want you as my proud possession
my greatest drawing board session
let me be your architect

I'm most creative when I'm taking the pissing
cause you give me something I'm missing
You fill up my bloodstream with intensity
You got me riding off insanity
cause you know I need it
you could be radio vanity

We were the creators, young gods in disguise
cut them so deep baby with your influential eyes
and you could of chosen any other guy
but something about it keeps me hypnotized
So praise the architect
praise the architect
All I want to know is
Would you like to get in the mind of the architect
Architect, architect
praise the architect
praise the architect

No matter what season
No matter what time of day
I'm always craving you
cause you got me daydreaming
daydreaming of my greatest design
your sharp edges and lines
My sweet radio mine

So praise the architect
praise the architect
All I want to know is
Architect, architect
praise the architect
praise the architect

no one could design such a love story
with all its heartbreak and all its glory
felt so lonesome til god created you
I've traveled around the world but no one comes close to you

You're my cruel obsession
I want to study all your veins and nerves
cruel but sweet obsession
study all your shapes and curves
I want you as my proud possession
my greatest drawing board session
let me be your architect

So praise the architect
praise the architect
All I want to know is
Architect, architect
praise the architect
praise the architect

God took his time making you but maybe the God was me
Do you wanna feel my blueprint
I'll be your architect baby

Sounds Like:

UserPostedImage

thanks 4 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
2001clay on 15/05/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 15/05/2021(UTC), erich hess on 15/05/2021(UTC), RadioVine on 25/05/2021(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 15 May 2021 08:53:08(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18003 time(s) in 10469 post(s)
Erich: usually architects are the poster children of dull. Even Frank Lloyd right was fairly lame in person. Sure,he'd tell the tale of the time he backhanded Shirley temple,but after th third time hearing it? Who cares. this Daniel cat is building shit that's almost as great as waterfalls. What? Frankie was a dork,but thats a damned cool house
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 15/05/2021(UTC)
#5 Posted : 15 May 2021 10:58:57(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: freestylechamp Go to Quoted Post
UserPostedImage

OOC: So excited for this, that even Erich did a song? I want this so bad

OOC: Thank you kindly sir! I have all of the song worked out but having so much hesitation on releasing this and I don't know why. It's like im battling myself and being my worst enemy with this project but its coming! Hope it lives up to your expectations! :)

Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erich: usually architects are the poster children of dull. Even Frank Lloyd right was fairly lame in person. Sure,he'd tell the tale of the time he backhanded Shirley temple,but after th third time hearing it? Who cares. this Daniel cat is building shit that's almost as great as waterfalls. What? Frankie was a dork,but thats a damned cool house

Daniel: You complementing me (even if the most subtle kind of way) I'll take it! Thank you sir and once again its an honor to have you on "Don't Lose Your Mind"! I know I did that on such short notice so I thank you!

OOC: As always a chuckle is let out upon reading your crazy comments lol
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
erich hess on 15/05/2021(UTC)