logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 09 June 2021 11:32:09(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Artist: Kato
Title: A Rush of Blood
Genre(s): R&B, Pop
Length: 17:36
Writers: K.Comyns, C.Hudson, O.Washington
Producers: Kato, Orion Washington, BLOOM
Format(s): Digital Download, Streaming, CD, Vinyl, Cassette
Label: Tric-Jam Records
Singles Released: Him [TBC]

A Rush of Blood is an EP by Welsh singer-songwriter Katriel Comyns, better known mononymously as Kato. Comyns released the EP on June 8th, 2021 to all streaming platforms as well as some physical music retailers without any prior announcement. "A Rush of Blood" was recorded throughout the spring of 2021 between a small team of four people; Kato, co-writers Christopher Hudson and Orion Washington, as well as producer, BLOOM. Comyns himself also had a hand in production for the first time, serving as executive producer too. The EP was written and recorded in Kato's family home in L.A. where he resides with girlfriend and fellow singer Victoria Black as well as their twin children, Blue and Willow Rose. "A Rush of Blood" is a pop and R&B record with influences of electronic and synthpop. The EP marks Kato's first release in almost six years, following his second studio album "For the Record" in September 2015. The project serves as a precursor to his upcoming third studio album and focuses on themes of love, sex and compassion. The EP's lead single "Him" was released simultaneously alongside the full body of work.

The extended play is Kato's first project to earn a "Parental Advisory" label due to some strong language and themes of a highly sexual nature. "A Rush of Blood" consists of five songs which were intended for Comyns' third studio album. However, due to some of the songs no longer fitting his vision for the full-length album, Kato decided to piece together an EP following the themes of love and sex instead, still allowing an official release for songs he was proud of. Lead single "Him" and the title track "A Rush of Blood" were recorded specifically for the EP while the tracks; "Candy", "Start a Fire" and "The Body Electric" were pre-existing tracks cut from the forthcoming album.

The opening track and leading single "Him" is about Kato trying to outdo the ex-lover of his current partner, wanting to know their past sexual exploits so he can outperform. Second track "The Body Electric" continues the sexual themes, this time seeing Kato rush home from work in order to worship his partner's body. Third track "Start a Fire" diverts from sexual themes and moves more towards justice and a wider sense of love. The track champions the LGBTQIA, inspired by Kato's friends within the community as well as his own experience and knowledge of bigots within the church. "Candy" is by far the most sexually explicit song on the EP in which Kato takes on a submissive role to his partner and performs whichever acts they desire. The closing and title track "A Rush of Blood" is an ode to Comyns' girlfriend, Victoria Black. He sings about the positive impact she has had on his life and reflects upon the negative mindset he used to have as a teenager within the music industry.

Marketing for the EP has thus far been unconventional. Despite being a major comeback after six years away from the music scene, Kato did not make a prior announcement regarding the project's release or mere existence. The singer's social media pages remained dormant for over two years until the release of the record. Physical copies of "A Rush of Blood" were secretively sent out to retailers such as Targer, Walmart and HMV. Whilst some stores stocked the EP, with many shocked and ecstatic fans picking up copies and posting pictures on social media, reports of certain retailers rejecting the shipments also circulated. It is believed that many stores did not have room for the unexpected stock with some simply refusing to accept shipments of an unknown product. However, physical copies also became available on Kato's official website and the EP was also released to streaming and digital platforms without fault.

Kato wrote:
"It's odd knowing I have new music out there. I remember a time where I quit music point blank. I didn't make any big announcement about it. Only a few close friends and family knew what was going on for real. I just quietly retired and focused on being a father. It was what felt right for me at the time. I couldn't see music in my life. However, I think if you're a performer, you're always a performer. That bug might be dormant for years but eventually, it worms its way back into your system. Last year, when COVID hit, I started to toy around the idea with writing again. Seeing other artists do things independently and taking note of all the different ways to create really inspired me. I wanted to do something productive throughout lockdown. I didn't make any big declaration and I never even said to myself that I'm making an album, a big comeback or anything like that. It was just a case of dipping a toe back into the water. I was rusty beyond belief. Damn. It wasn't until this year, 2021, where I really got into the swing of it."

"I'm now fully aiming towards an album. Again, not putting any high expectations on my shoulders but it's still a goal I'm well on my way to achieving. I have amassed quite a folder of songs over the last six, seven, eight months and naturally, things progress and evolve. That's how "A Rush of Blood" was born. The more I recorded and grew confident, certain songs I love started to get shunned and no longer aligned with the new flow I was on. Instead of binning them completely, I came up with the idea of releasing an EP. I salvaged those songs and decided to build a new concept around them so they still had a use and could have a moment of their own rather than just being lost to time. I think coming out with an EP also suited me better because there's less expectations. If you listen to lyrics, I've definitely grown in many ways musically but also as a person. My art is different but so are my goals. I'm a father and inching closer to 30. My teeny bopper days are behind me. I'm no longer worried about numbers. "A Rush of Blood" is a project I created, that I'm proud of and that I'm giving to you in one fell swoop. Doing the whole "teasing", big lead single, all the fanfare around a new album era...all that is not for me."

"New music, new rules, new Kato."

T R A C K L I S T

UserPostedImage

Him
The Body Electric
Start a Fire
Candy
A Rush of Blood

Edited by user 09 June 2021 11:35:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 9 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
2001clay on 09/06/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 09/06/2021(UTC), erich hess on 09/06/2021(UTC), freestylechamp on 09/06/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 09/06/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 09/06/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 10/06/2021(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 17/06/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 15/09/2021(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 09 June 2021 11:32:47(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Him
Genre(s): Pop
Length: 3:08
Writers: K.Comyns, C.Hudson
Producer: Orion Washington
From The EP: A Rush of Blood

Him is a song by Welsh singer-songwriter Katriel Comyns, known mononymously as Kato. It was released on June 8th 2021 as the lead single from his EP "A Rush of Blood" without any prior promotion or announcement. "Him" also serves as the opening track on the extended play and marks Kato's first official single since the joint release of "Gentleman" and "The Game" on June 11th, 2015 - almost six years to the day. The track was written by Kato alongside acclaimed singer-songwriter Christopher Hudson. Production was handled by Orion Washington. "Him" was created in the spring of 2021 after Kato formulated the idea of releasing an EP centring around themes of love and sex whilst using pre-existing songs that were initially going to be completely cut from his upcoming album. "Him" was one of two new tracks specifically written for "A Rush of Blood". Predominantly a pop song, the song has an underlying R&B beat which runs alongside light electric synthpop lines. Kato uses his lower register in the verses whilst making use of his falsetto tone in the chorus. "Him" is about Kato trying to outdo the ex-lover of his current partner, wanting to know their past sexual exploits so he can outperform him.

Kato wrote:
"I think we all have that curiosity when it comes to our partners' previous love life. At least I hope everyone does. I could be sounding like a major creep right now! I think we all want to know your significant other's past, their stories, how they were treated and what went wrong with their past relationships so you don't screw up in the same way. For "Him", I wanted to take that idea and make it a little...edgier, naughtier. You want to show your partner that you're the best they've ever had. Even better than that bum that came before you. Fuck that guy, or girl, or whoever. Obviously, a great deal of it is for your lover's benefit. You want to make them feel good, treat them like they deserve to be treated and express your love in the most passionate ways. However, ego does come into the idea too. Of course you want to one-up the last person. You want to make it known that they have absolutely nothing on you. There are a lot of songs out there which compare people in a more negative light. It's always beating yourself up and how you'll never be like "him". On this track, however, it's a total ego boost. You're GLAD you're not "him" and you just know you're better. Had a lot of fun with this one."

"HIM"

Don't mean to dwell on past life specifics
Hope it's not coming across too twisted
But you know I have a competitive streak
Sorry if I'm sounding a little egotistic
Speaking in jealous boyfriend linguistics
Just curious about what I have to beat

You know I gotta be;
Hotter than the daily pics he sent
Living in your mind, forget the rent
Anything he can do, I can do better
He made you hot but I'm gonna make it wetter

Bet I made you think that butter wouldn't melt
Learned a thing or two, stacked up under this belt
Teach me more, show me your ways
So many things I wanna hear your body say
I'll make you forget all about him
Baby, it's my name that you're gonna sing

There's so many different ways to misbehave
And each and every one, I'm gonna embrace
Taking you to places that you truly deserve
Can you believe there was once another in my place?
Let's flip the room to erase any trace
My fingerprints all over what he tried to preserve

You know I gotta be;
Your safe space, your personal haven
The only taste that you're craving
Anything he can do, I can do better
He made you hot but I'm gonna make it wetter

Have you singing; "Hallelujah! Oh Lord!"
Like a choir of angels singing my favorite hymn
No place in Heaven for an ex like him

I'm sorry if bends lovers etiquette and rules
But one day I'd like to thank him for being such a fool
'Cause now it's me who gets to wake up to you everyday
Joking with your loved ones as we spend the holidays
Your friends even forget there was someone before me
Damn right, that's the way it's supposed to be

Like a choir of angels singing my favorite hymn
No place in Heaven for an ex like him

Can Be Compared To:

UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 09/06/2021(UTC), erich hess on 09/06/2021(UTC), 2001clay on 09/06/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 09/06/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 09/06/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 10/06/2021(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 17/06/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 15/09/2021(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 09 June 2021 11:33:19(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: The Body Electric
Genre(s): Pop, R&B, Funk
Length: 3:22
Writers: K.Comyns, C.Hudson, O.Washington
Producer: BLOOM

The Body Electric is a song by Welsh singer-songwriter Katriel Comyns, known mononymously as Kato. It serves as the second track on his comeback EP, "A Rush of Blood". The track was written by Kato alongside acclaimed songwriters; Christopher Hudson and Orion Washington. Upcoming producer and close friend BLOOM handled the production of the track. "The Body Electric" was written in January 2021 over a Zoom session between Comyns, Hudson and Washington. The track was originally intended for Kato's upcoming third studio album but was ultimately cut due to the themes of the project shifting. Not wanting to discard of the song completely, Kato decided to piece together an EP centred around love and sex, giving the song a new purpose. "The Body Electric" is a pop/R&B track with light elements of funk displayed within the guitar chords. Much like opening track "Him", "The Body Electric" sees Kato switch between his lower register and into his falsetto from the verses to the chorus. "The Body Electric" also continues the sexual themes, this time seeing Kato rush home from work in order to worship his partner's body.

Kato wrote:
"This was actually Christopher Hudson's idea, the dirty boy! I had a Zoom studio session with him and Orion that day and we were actually working on something else. It was OK but we could tell that all three of us weren't exactly vibing with it. We decided to put the track to one side and I asked Christopher if he had anything in his folders. Of course he did. He played the demo of "The Body Electric" and that was that. It was a vibe and it just immediately clicked. He pretty much already had the chorus, the loose melody of the verses as well as that amazing, stuttering "oh-oh-uh-ah-ay" chanting part already down. Orion and Chris actually do backing vocals on that part for this version. We just snowballed the track from there. It was rather odd how quickly and confidently we wrote such a filthy track pretty much on the spot. I also haven't even met Orion in person yet, so there's that too. Think lockdown had the guys cooped up and feeling some sort of way. The track pretty much says it all. It's one for the freaks. Times are hard. Treat yourself."

"THE BODY ELECTRIC"

Something salacious scribbled on the wall
Hot under the collar as I pick up your call
Hope I don't go and catch a speeding ticket
Can this work day just hurry up and fucking finish?
Fantasizing about you has never felt so intense
Distance between us only adds suspense
Better clear the road 'cause I'm coming through
Nothing in this world will disturb this groove

I'm ready to slide out of these clothes
Your body is a wonderland I'm ready to explore
Always looking to take things up a notch
Up against the window to see who's keeping watch

Tonight we're gonna sing The Body Electric
Tonight we're gonna feel The Body Electric
Every touch perfectly in time
Impassioned words wrapped up in rhyme
Something about it is oh so poetic
Embracing every passage like The Body Electric

Something special in the fourth drawer of the dresser
First hit is hard, the second like a feather
In the furore, there is no time for hesitating
Moving to the rhythm as everything is pulsating
Wasn't hungry until you were laying on my plate
Drooling like a Neanderthal as you sit on display
Dirty talking, directing me with verse and prose
Head back into the pillow, screaming out, curling toes

Life's so much better when we're naked
Exposed, exhilarated and awakened
Catch a glimpse of us in the mirror's reflection
Wanna have that cake and eat the entire confection

Oh-oh-uh-ah-ay
Oh-oh-uh-ah-ay
Oh-oh-uh-ah-ay
Oh-oh-uh-ah-ay
Oh-oh-uh-ah-ay

Watching your body going down
Stroking whilst you make those sounds
It really is a thing of beauty
We should make this into a movie
Obviously, you're gonna be the star
I'm just happy to play my part

Oh-oh-uh-ah-ay
Oh-oh-uh-ah-ay
Oh-oh-uh-ah-ay
Oh-oh-uh-ah-ay
Oh-oh-uh-ah-ay

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

Famouss7x7 on 09/06/2021(UTC), erich hess on 09/06/2021(UTC), 2001clay on 09/06/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 09/06/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 09/06/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 10/06/2021(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 17/06/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 15/09/2021(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 09 June 2021 11:33:52(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Start a Fire
Genre(s): R&B, Pop, Gospel
Length: 3:35
Writers: K.Comyns
Producer: BLOOM, Kato

Start a Fire is a song by Welsh singer-songwriter Katriel Comyns, known mononymously as Kato. It serves as the third track on his comeback EP, "A Rush of Blood". The track was written solely by Kato. Comyns also co-produced the song alongside BLOOM, whom he has been working closely with since his return to music. "Start a Fire" was first loosely written in February 2021 by Kato in his L.A. home. After presenting the idea to BLOOM, the pair began working on a track, thus allowing Kato to complete the rest of the song and perfect the melodic structure. The track was originally intended for Kato's upcoming third studio album but was ultimately cut due to the themes of the project shifting. With a powerful theme of love, "Start a Fire" was perfect for the new EP project. The track is a Pop and R&B crossover with smatterings of synths woven throughout. The song escalates to a brass section and a backing choir are later introduced, giving the song a "euphoric" and "gospel" sound. "Start a Fire" diverts from sexual themes and moves more towards justice and a wider sense of love. The track champions the LGBTQIA, inspired by Kato's friends within the community as well as his own experience and knowledge of bigots within the church.

Kato wrote:
"I think that this is one of the most important, if not thee most important track that I've ever recording. We live in really trying times. Even though we're continuously progressing, it just feels as though more ugly, negative shit just keeps rearing its head. Being a straight, white Christian, I've lived a life of total privilege. I have never been a bigot but I have certainly been blissfully ignorant to many issues as I've never had to live them. Getting older, meeting more people, educating myself and seeing more of the world, I've come to meet and love so many wonderful people, a whole lot of them in the LGBTQIA community. An abundance of fan letters and tweets from gay and trans fans also opened my eyes to a bigger and, sadly, nastier picture. So many of my friends and contemporaries are subject to horrific abuse, scrutiny and barbaric laws and mindsets. I think people are amazing and I just love...love! I'm proud to be an ally of the community and will fight for what I believe is right. "Start a Fire" is about wanting to free everyone. Free people from prejudice and also free others from their toxic minds. We have a long way to go before that is a reality but we won't stop."

"START A FIRE"

"I just want everybody to be able to express themselves
Do what you wanna do, when you wanna do it, how you wanna do it;
Whoever you wanna do it with and at the time you wanna do it"

It doesn't matter where you come from
I'm not that wrapped up in religion
It's not your God I wanna worship
Everybody should be free to choose;
What they wanna do and with whom
So go on out there and find your person

I start a fire for freedom
I start a fire for free love
I start a fire to free them
I start a fire to free us

Can't police what makes us all human
Can't bend the arrow shot by cupid
Lethal statements without any proof
Beautiful people just trying to live their truth
Keep on burning, that flame will never die
Start a fire in the name of you and I

Too many people blinded by tunnel vision
It's only one-way for a cataclysmic collision
Justify it with something contradictory
I fight this one for all my friends
I'll fight you until the bitter end
There'll be no peace until there's victory

They can take your sun but you'll still grow
Try to dim your light but you'll still glow
Manipulating those who are feeling empty and hollow
Filling them with shit and telling them to follow
A bright spark that they can't diminish
Something Holy Water can't extinguish
I don't follow the words of any preacher
But when it comes to you, I'm a firm believer

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#5 Posted : 09 June 2021 11:34:20(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: Candy
Genre(s): Pop, R&B
Length: 3:33
Writers: K.Comyns
Producer: BLOOM

Candy is a song by Welsh singer-songwriter Katriel Comyns, known mononymously as Kato. It serves as the fourth track on his comeback EP, "A Rush of Blood". The track was written solely by Kato. Production was handled by BLOOM, whom he has been working closely with since his return to music. "Candy" was written by Kato in February 2021. An initial rough version of the track existed on Kato's computer with just acapella vocals. After BLOOM provided the singer with a pack of beats which he had been working on, Comyns reworked the song in order to fit the track he selected. The song was originally intended for Kato's upcoming third studio album but was ultimately cut due to the themes of the project shifting. Not wanting to discard of the song completely, Kato decided to piece together an EP centred around love and sex, giving the song a new purpose. "Candy" is a sexually explicit pop and R&B track with elements of trap and dance music incorporated throughout, creating a "breezy" and "summery" feel to the production. "Candy" is by far the most sexually explicit song on the EP in which Kato takes on a submissive role to his partner and performs whichever acts they desire.

Kato wrote:
"Oh, "Candy"...yeah. Now this is a song that I know will get a lot of fans talking. I've sang about sex and romance in the past before on many occasions but it has always been in a PG-13 kind of way. Always sugar coated things and not just for the sake of young fans but for myself too. I wouldn't have been comfortable putting a song like this out back in 2015 or even just a couple years ago. However, I've grown and sex is part of life. We all get freaky and this is something to really get freaky to. I don't think I really need to explain what this song is about or the inspiration behind it do I? Let's just say I was in one of THOSE moods when creating this record. On a couple other sexy tracks, it's very much me being in control and trying to show off so I thought that with "Candy", I'd flip the script and just become putty in my girl's hand. Sometimes that's best. BLOOM couldn't believe what he was hearing when I first sent him the track but hey, it's not like he's an angel either. This one is for the ladies who like to take control."

"CANDY"

I'm not scared of a little roleplay
You make a mess and I'll be the maid
Damn right, I'm gonna clean up (clean up)
Call the shots and take the power
I'll sip it up like it's Happy Hour
Too much is never enough (never enough)

My favorite color just happens to be pink
And yes, that means exactly what you think
Damn right, we're gonna show off (show off)
Shorter fuse the bigger the length
Patience has never been my strength
But I'll fight this when it gets tough (gets tough)

Wicked games that have me on my knees
Rope burn words that taunt and tease
But I'll bite my lip, not a single plea
In this moment, I merely exist to please

Tantalize me with a scent of black cherry
Give me something laced with your strawberry
Wondering what's at the centre of your candy
You said; "Boy, you'll have to suck it and see"
Melting into a sugar-glazed kiss
Life doesn't get much sweeter than this

Baby, you can decide when I'm exhausted
'Til then, I'll make you the most exalted
Damn right, I'm gonna raise you up (raise you up)
Neighbors think they're hearing some cruelty
But I'm only down here loving your pussy
Revving you up to set you off (set you off)

Wicked games that have me on my knees
Rope burn words that taunt and tease
But I'll bite my lip, not a single plea
In this moment, I merely exist to please

And I don't have to cum to have a good time
Just a caress of your flesh and the pleasure's mine
I'm here to do whatever you like
Making a fantasy come to life

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

Offline BrownSugar  
#6 Posted : 09 June 2021 11:34:47(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Title: A Rush of Blood
Genre(s): R&B, Pop
Length: 3:58
Writers: K.Comyns, C.Hudson
Producer: BLOOM, Kato

A Rush of Blood is a song by Welsh singer-songwriter Katriel Comyns, known mononymously as Kato. It serves as the closing and title track from Comyns' "A Rush of Blood" EP. The track was written by Kato alongside acclaimed songwriter Christopher Hudson. Comyns co-produced the track alongside upcoming Colombian producer and friend, BLOOM. "A Rush of Blood" was created in the spring of 2021 after Kato formulated the idea of releasing an EP centring around themes of love and sex whilst using pre-existing songs that were initially going to be completely cut from his upcoming album. "A Rush of Blood" was one of two new tracks specifically written for the EP. The last to make the cut, Comyns decided that not only was it the perfect way to end the project but also an appropriate title. "A Rush of Blood" is predominately an R&B and pop crossover with 1980's inspired synths lightly incorporated in the verses before taking a more prominent role in the chorus. The song is an ode to Comyns' girlfriend, Victoria Black. He sings about the positive impact she has had on his life and reflects upon the negative mindset he used to have as a teenager within the music industry.

Kato wrote:
"There's no better way to end a project all about love than focusing on the love I'm feeling right now. Of course, other songs on this EP are inspired by my beautiful girlfriend and mother of my children, Victoria. "A Rush of Blood", however, is a more direct and much sweeter ode to the woman of my dreams. While the friskier songs do have a lot of truth in them, they're ironically more implicit. I wanted this track to have a much more personal feel. Christopher and I got on a call and I told him that I wanted to write a song about the elation I feel whenever Victoria is around and just how much she means to me in general. Chris is also good friends with her so he was on board with it and incredibly helpful and heartfelt with his ideas too. We wanted to tone down the sexual flare and focus more on the head and heart. When we met, I was really at a crossroads in my life. The fame and pressures were weighing on me. I was confused with where I wanted to go in life. I was surrounded by a lot of negative temptations and shady people. If Victoria hadn't come along and loved me for who I really was, I dread to think what 2021 Kato would be like. She didn't try to alter me. She has always just listened and nurtured, allowing me to grow into the person I am today. I now have two beautiful children, a very happy family and a new, positive outlook on life. Victoria walked into my life, set my pulse racing and gave me that much needed rush of blood to act and do something. Forever indebted and grateful to my Queen."

"A RUSH OF BLOOD"

Can't help but smile at the man in the mirror
That dumbass kid really hit the jackpot
No heavy head from the Devil liquor
Derailed that destructive train of thought
You're the silver lining that made it clearer
Came along when my system needed that shock

I still get all of those little butterflies
Could honestly count a hundred different kinds
See, my experience with love was Shakespearean
Glimmers of hope but ultimately a bitter end
Then you came along and...

A rush of blood to the head, to the heart
A rush to the whoa, just like that
Never thought I'd fall in love again
Accepted that I'd just keep on playing pretend
Still a clown but not painting all the smiling
Can't believe I have someone to confide in, try with
Someone to ride or die with

People thought I once had the world at my feet
When I really bit off more than I could chew
Everything in abundance yet it was all bittersweet
Best friends wondered why I was so aloof
Felt a little safer living life in the backseat
Then you came and brightened my lustreless hue

Could honestly count a hundred different kinds
See, I used to look in the wrong places for feelings
Influenced by a back catalog of bad decisions
Then you came along and...

Think I got used to bathing in my own misery
Started seeking out things that'd make a mess of me
I'm so happy that you somehow gave the benefit;
To a washed up teenage has-been and brown-bagging pessimist
Now, here we are, on a blank and crisp white page
Ready to paint a new picture within the empty space

Could honestly count a hundred different kinds...

Can Be Compared To:
UserPostedImage

Offline PANIC!  
#7 Posted : 12 June 2021 15:14:57(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan: Goddamn! I thought my last solo album was the sexy pop record with an unfiltered approach to songwriting and production. 5 fucking songs and I feel like this EP takes the entire sexual, love, and basic human nature concept and blows my idea out of the water. It's bullshit, yet I love it and want a redo on my own work. A surprise drop with each song having potential to be a hit song is damn impressive. "Him" was the correct lead single and my personal favorite from the project. It is a gem. It's a #1 hit regardless of what the charts may end up saying. It's brilliant. This whole damn EP both upsets me and inspires me as a singer, songwriter, and musician.

OOC: Holy shit, Sean! The fact that you were able to complete this entire vision you had in 24 hours is absurd! The sheer quality of it in every aspect is ridiculous. You continue to set a high bar with each act and project you tackle. Excellent work, my friend.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 13/06/2021(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#8 Posted : 20 June 2021 21:36:24(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: PANIC! Go to Quoted Post
Ryan: Goddamn! I thought my last solo album was the sexy pop record with an unfiltered approach to songwriting and production. 5 fucking songs and I feel like this EP takes the entire sexual, love, and basic human nature concept and blows my idea out of the water. It's bullshit, yet I love it and want a redo on my own work. A surprise drop with each song having potential to be a hit song is damn impressive. "Him" was the correct lead single and my personal favorite from the project. It is a gem. It's a #1 hit regardless of what the charts may end up saying. It's brilliant. This whole damn EP both upsets me and inspires me as a singer, songwriter, and musician.

OOC: Holy shit, Sean! The fact that you were able to complete this entire vision you had in 24 hours is absurd! The sheer quality of it in every aspect is ridiculous. You continue to set a high bar with each act and project you tackle. Excellent work, my friend.

Kato: Well, the last thing on my mind when creating the material was to make an acclaimed singer-songwriter insecure about his own work. No offence but you know what? I'll take that as a major compliment ;) "A Rush of Blood" was mostly composed of songs I had left lying around that I loved but were too far removed from a bunch of the newer material I have been working on lately. If those 5 tracks evoked such a response...no pressure for the full album then, huh? Ha! Thank you so much, Ryan!

OOC: Honestly I think I work better when acting out of impulse. I usually overthink too much and scrap things several times over as you know haha. Sure forcing out an entire EP in one day may impact my sleeping schedule but it's a small price to pay if it means finally getting a project out there haha. Thank you so much for the kind words and continuous support!
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
PANIC! on 21/06/2021(UTC)
Offline Welat65  
#9 Posted : 29 June 2021 00:39:20(UTC)
Welat65

Groups: Registered
Man
Germany

Was thanked: 2936 time(s) in 783 post(s)
Yumi: It's been so long that I am actually screaming!!!! This is so Good, I feel like I am back to my Teenager years even though it's so different from past releases. The lyrics make me feel some type of way and overall I am just obsessed. Definitly Songs to have for light nights alone..for me atleast! I can't tell you enough how good this is! Thank you for always delivering GOOD music. Not everyone can say that!!
Aliya RoseBarbie DollEzra Allan • MOON • NicoleYumiRealTalk.com (Talk Show)

• VENUS •

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Welat65 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 29/06/2021(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#10 Posted : 03 July 2021 19:24:58(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Alexis: KATO! This one totally caught me off guard, so nice to see you putting out music once more and with so much depth, meaning and consciousness. I think this is a real fucking important release and beyond every superlative and metaphor anyone can come up with, I can sum this whole E.P up real neatly, "It is fucking human". It's literally the most real collection of songs I've encountered in a long time, from the opening track, "Him" that feeling of competitiveness against exes, to show that you're something above and beyond whatever has gone before, that's pure heart and fucking soul right there, my friend.

The passion that comes through in "The Body Electric", the fucking entire message to "Start a Fire" is done so eloquently and beautiful and is already an LGBTQIA anthem and in my opinion the most important and powerful song of the year so far. I hope you don't mind if I start covering that one every single chance I get? Then we get to "Candy", that feeling of total lust, boy, you know what that tracks gonna do to your fans? Jesus! But it's so well written to describe that true passion that moment that you want to have over and over again. And you end with "A Rush of Blood" it's a beautiful love song pure and simple, that's what the lifelong search is for and a perfect way to end the E.P.

As I said, it's the perfect five song collection of human feeling. One of the best releases of the year so far, but beyond all that fangirl shit that must be getting old for you now, it's universal and it's so fucking real! Love it, love you, can't wait for the album!

thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 03/07/2021(UTC)