logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1 Posted : 12 June 2021 09:01:58(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Artist: Lincoln, Eilidh
Title: Tears of a Dancefloor Darling
Genre(s): Pop, Disco
Length: 3:16
Writers: L.Keaton, C.Hudson, O.Washington, S.Hollywood
Producer: Khalil Ferreira
Label: Permanent Reminder
From The Album: TBC

Tears of a Dancefloor Darling is a song recorded by British-Azeri singer Lincoln Keaton-Paria, known mononymously Lincoln, and American singer-songwriter Eilidh. The song was released on June 11, 2021, after being announced by Lincoln via his Instagram page on the 7th. The single serves as the fourth release from Lincoln's long-awaited forthcoming debut album which is set to be released in the third quarter of 2021. It follows another collaboration in the form of "Big Talk" which featured Austin Nimmo and went on to became Lincoln's third consecutive #1 and Nimmo's 6th overall. "Tears of a Dancefloor Darling" also sees Lincoln return with "Big Talk" co-writers Orion Washington and Sara Hollywood, alongside other frequent collaboration Christopher. The production of the upbeat disco-pop song was handled by Khalil Ferreira. "Tears of a Dancefloor Darling" is an inspirational track which sees Lincoln and Eilidh with a heartbroken and insecure friend on a night out, helping them grow and heal through music and the disco culture.

Speaking on the red carpet of the Fan Choice Awards VIII in April 2021, Lincoln revealed to interviewer and The Jollies member David Hernandez that he was "excited" to meet Eilidh again at the event and that he "[had] a song" in mind for her. Even prior to the recording and conception of "Tears of a Dancefloor Darling", many fans eagerly anticipated and called for a collaboration between both Greene and Keaton due to their natural rapport. Whilst Lincoln hosted the pre-show for the FCA VII in 2020, he interviewed Eilidh for a segment which then went viral due to the comedic nature of their interaction. Lincoln and Eilidh secretly met up again in May 2021 to record together and shoot promotional pictures for the single.

Lincoln wrote:
"It was super fun to work with Eilidh! She is really nice to me and real funny but she also has one of my favourite voices to listen to. I always feel things when she sings. It's like I really believe every word she says and because this song is quite a heartfelt one, I knew she would be amazing on it! I had this idea for the song about Christmastime and so I called up Christopher to help me out with it. There was a lot of Christmas music on the radios and I realised just how much they make me feel stuff! Some made me super excited and ready for presents and snow. Others made me feel real sad. I wanted to write about the power music and dancing has. How it can change your mood and also express how you feel better than words. I am not the best at my words but when I hear a song that says stuff that I feel in my heart...wow! Christopher got my good writing friends Orion and Sara involved and then we just started to build this story about this person and their friend, maybe even a guardian angel, going out and just forgetting about the big, bad world. I hope everyone feels as carefree and safe when they listen to this song. Music is always there for me and I want it to be there for you too, OK?"

"Tears of a Dancefloor Darling" is a disco-pop song with a prominent heavy bassline. Electric guitar, synthesisers, layered harmonies and handclaps also make up key elements of the upbeat production. The soundscape of the single incorporates elements of 1980's pop alongside modern and futuristic quips and refinements, now seemingly Lincoln's trademark sound. "Tears of a Dancefloor Darling" was initially finished as a solo track. After being approached by Lincoln and his team, Eilidh agreed to re-record the second verse, pre-chorus and the first few lines of the bridge. Keaton and Greene also recorded backing harmonies together which were not originally present on the first incarnation of the track.

Critical reception of "Tears of a Dancefloor" has been almost universally positive since its release. After branding it as a "sugar rush of pop" and "as glossy as expected from two big pop heavy hitters" Cathy Front of The New York Times compared it to previous collaboration "Big Talk", stating that even though "Tears of Dancefloor Darling" is "easier on the ears" and "less ballsy", the track had "more heart and conviction". Ruth Tyrell from NME dubbed the song as "devastatingly beautiful", commending the inspiration lyricism against the "shimmering" and "euphoric" production before calling it a "dancing with tears in your eyes anthem". Writing for Consequence of Sound, Terry Morgan opined that "even though it's clear Lincoln's writing team had a heavy hand in the vocabulary and phrasing, there are fewer pop singers with as much conviction and emotive delivery as Lincoln and Eilidh." He then called the pairing of Keaton and Greene a "match made in pop heaven".

"Tears of a Dancefloor Darling"

Lincoln
Eilidh
Both

Tears reflecting under the disco ball
Lost souls standing up against the wall
Drunken revelations going on in the corner
Heart to hearts underneath the streetlights
Records spinning that express how you've felt
This wasn't a card you wanted dealt
Most bathroom stalls are out of order
But the world still turns tonight

You got hurt but you're not the first
And where that came from, there's plenty more
But I know where the pain can be nursed
So let's rip it up like it's Studio 54

Just keep on dancing with those misty eyes
Who even cares about your Monday morning?
When it comes to the heart, never apologise
Just keep on spinning, my dancefloor darling
Move to the beat from off my shoulder
Show them all a real rock and roller
Now that's my dancefloor darling

They always say that it'll get better in time
Until then, go ahead and add a wedge of lime
Salvation comes when they play that right song
The sky parts and starts raining glitter
About to witness a transformation sequence
Watching you move like a symphony in sequins
Hope you keep that buzz when the lights turn on
You don't need another early winter

You got hurt but you're not the first
And where that came from, there's plenty more
But I know where the pain can be nursed
So let's rip it up like it's Studio 54

Another track and liberation's in sight
Is he still clogging up your precious mind?

Have you found your people in this crowd?
Tell me what you wanna do right now

Can Be Compared To:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 6 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
2001clay on 12/06/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 12/06/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 12/06/2021(UTC), erich hess on 12/06/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 21/06/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 15/09/2021(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 12 June 2021 11:29:25(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17910 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Erica: you know,I expected more kangaroos and nuggets. Why aren't there nuggets and kangaroos,?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 2 users thanked erich hess for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 12/06/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 15/09/2021(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#3 Posted : 12 June 2021 12:05:40(UTC)
2001clay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Fatima Amari: I'm really enjoy listening to your new song Lincoln & i had strongest feeling that you'll be the next superstar in my eyes so good job!

Tom Joong: Hmmm this could be my guilty pleasure song so i like it
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 12/06/2021(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#4 Posted : 19 June 2021 17:13:42(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan: Some of my favorite one-name artists joined forces and did not disappoint! I love the juxtaposition of an infectious pop song having lyrics that don’t match the danceable gloss the music has on the surface. I can’t even begin to count how many times I’ve been teary-eyed on a dancefloor! I love what everyone involved did to create this summer bop. Now which club will allow me to hit the dancefloor while this plays?

OOC: The fact that you keep churning out top-notch material for all your acts is baffling and something I will remain jealous of. This is another fantastic song.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 19/06/2021(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#5 Posted : 20 June 2021 21:27:54(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Originally Posted by: erich hess Go to Quoted Post
Erica: you know,I expected more kangaroos and nuggets. Why aren't there nuggets and kangaroos,?

Lincoln: Hehe! That would just be silly, Ms. Erica and I am not a silly boy. I am a smart boy. That is what my dad and my Aaron tell me :)

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Fatima Amari: I'm really enjoy listening to your new song Lincoln & i had strongest feeling that you'll be the next superstar in my eyes so good job!

Tom Joong: Hmmm this could be my guilty pleasure song so i like it

Lincoln: Thank you Fatima, that means so much to me! I would like to be a superstar because it seems fun and nice. Thank you too, Tom!

Originally Posted by: PANIC! Go to Quoted Post
Ryan: Some of my favorite one-name artists joined forces and did not disappoint! I love the juxtaposition of an infectious pop song having lyrics that don’t match the danceable gloss the music has on the surface. I can’t even begin to count how many times I’ve been teary-eyed on a dancefloor! I love what everyone involved did to create this summer bop. Now which club will allow me to hit the dancefloor while this plays?

OOC: The fact that you keep churning out top-notch material for all your acts is baffling and something I will remain jealous of. This is another fantastic song.

Lincoln: Hi, Mr. Ryan!! I don't know what some of your words mean but that is OK because I still feel like they sound like nice words and you are being nice to me which I like! I really wanted this song to make other people feel what I sometimes feel when I play music. It's like so many emotions in one! I can't wait for you and people to dance to this in clubs. It's a shame that the corolla virus ruined a lot of that stuff :(

OOC: Thank you, Gabe! Haha, I don't know about top-notch but I do always try to do something different with each new release. Appreciate the kind words :)

Edited by user 20 June 2021 21:29:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 2 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
2001clay on 20/06/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 21/06/2021(UTC)