logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 15 August 2021 00:13:50(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

ORION – “ROOKIE OF THE YEAR” – MUSIC VIDEO

UserPostedImage

Title: “Rookie of the Year”
Artist: Orion
Format: Music Video
Premiere: August 14, 2021
Length: 5:50
Genre(s): Rap, Hip-Hop
Label: Tric-Jam Records
Director: Orion, DeAndre Patton, Sara Brie-Loren
Starring: Orion, Sofia “BitchWat” Mendez, Elena Pinter, Various NFL Players
Platform: VEVO / Apple Music Videos / YouTube

The video begins with two young women outside of what looks like an exclusive nightclub, the women are portrayed by popular influencer BitchWat and an upcoming Danish model Elena Pinter. They can hear the muffled beats coming from outside of the club and they turn to look at each other with anticipation, “This is the start of the rest of our lives.” says Elena to her friend, “Bet. Someday we’re gonna fucking run this town.” states BitchWat emphatically and assertively as she places her hand out to Elena with palms facing up in the air, Elena enthusiastically slaps her hand down on top of her friends as they hold hands as they make their way inside of the nightclub. As they walk through the hallway leading to the main room, the music becomes louder and more prominent as the opening dreamy electro-beat of the brand new “Orion” track blare out over the speakers.

Starry eyed, the pair of young women glance around the room as people are dancing and having the time of their lives. As they walk hand in hand through the club their eyes are lighting up at the joy in the room and they find a space on the dancefloor as the music really kicks into gear with the energetic beats of the hip-hop track, the pair begin dancing with each other as the video cuts around the room and shows the crowd going crazy to the track. BitchWat confidently dances with her friend, playfully giving the stank face and double middle fingers to her friend as they dance, it’s a term of endearment and it becomes possible that the pair are closer than just friends as they start to get real close to each other on the dance floor, holding each other and grinding against each other, even teasing a kiss between each other before dramatically turning away to the beat of the music.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

(Bellows)
“All the talk in the build-up revolves around us
Green arrows pointing upwards signalling our expected trajectory
The rumours indicating that we’re a definite first round pick
But we know we ain’t just settling for that shit
We’re aiming for first overall
Cause that’s where the real bag is
They say you can fail at the shit you don’t love
So why not go all out for the shit that you want the fucking most
And the experts suggest that our stats don’t add up
But you can’t learn what we’ve got inside
From numbers on a white board
You can’t judge someone’s determination and drive
On stats written down
You gotta see us in the heart of the action
When the clocks running down
And then you’ll realize we’re in the running to take the fucking crown
Cause you already know
We run it up
And then we shut em’ down”

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The scenes cut between the two girls partying in the club and the action shots from the NFL with the track and video likely to get heavy rotation throughout the Football season as the official anthem for the upcoming season. We see BitchWat and Elena dancing with each other to the song in the nightclub and action shots of the young rookie from last season Chase Young as he makes a last ditch block just outside of the end zone in his debut season in the NFL, we also see a couple more action shots from young NFL stars from days gone by which also includes a celebrating Lamar Jackson. The music is high energy, the type to get club goers and athletes both pumped up which is essentially the vibe of the video, showing the two very different sides appreciating the music in their own unique ways. The underlying metaphor of the track and video is the idea in having both Orion who in their breakout year have been seen very much in the same way as an early round draft pick in NFL would be seen and BitchWat who has seen her influence on social media see her very much in that similar way as she’s become an established name and voice within the industry in what has been a breakthrough year for her.

(Orion)
“You know this is all I’ve got
And I’ve worked my whole damn life for this
Ain’t just here to blend in
You know I’mma fucking go for this
And I’m aiming for the top from the very beginning
On that rookie of the year shit
You know we’re fucking built for winning

(Circuit)
Where we come from, that’s the shit that drives us forward
Underestimating and overachieving
You should all already fucking know that
Made it to New York on our own dime already running up our road miles
They say if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere
But when Hollywood comes calling
With an open suitcase and all the doors flung open
You know we’re gonna take it
Cause that’s where the real bag is
They say you can fail at the shit you don’t love
So why not go all out for the shit that you want the fucking most
Label execs, suits, checks and private jets
It’s a world away from where we come from
But we know we’ve earnt it
From day fucking one”

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

As the verses come thick and fast amidst the massive backbeat of the song, the scenes return from action shots back to the nightclub scenes, this time we’re met with the appearance of the guys from Orion in the club, it looks like the trio find themselves in the same place as BitchWat and Elena but in a more private area of the club with show girls dancing in booths we can see Boa interacting with one of the women through the booth and rapping as she dances behind him, we have Bellows looking down onto the dance floor where BitchWat and Elena are in the middle of the packed dancefloor and Circuit is sat at his table with drinks and women surrounding him. We then cut to the dance floor as the two girls continue to flirt and playfully dance with each other, laughing while doing it showing that they’re having a fun time with no real care in the world.
Again a subtle metaphor finds it’s way into this scene and the contrasting environments as Orion have their own world up there and the girls have their own world going on down on the dancefloor, two groups of people at what could be considered the peak of their life so far, in the same location, same business and living separate lives despite being the poster-boys/girls in their respective fields. It feels like it’s a way of saying that everybody’s success look different.

This becomes evident once more as the video crowbars in some more Football footage as we see New Orleans Saint’s running back Alvin Kamara bursting through a sea of defensive opponents to claim a touchdown and six points for the Saints, a couple of the rookie’s from this years draft see some of their moments from their college games highlighted with the likes of Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields and Ja’Marr Chase making appearances before the football portion of the video ends of who else but Patrick Mahomes flexing.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

The scene switches for the final time to the nightclub as a security guy stood at the bottom of the stairs singles out a group of girls from the dancefloor, two of which include BitchWat and Elena as they’re offered the opportunity to go up to the private area of the club upstairs. They make their way up and grab bottles of the free drinks on offer, they see Boa across the room vibing to the music flanked by a number of half-naked girls, he gives a nod across at BitchWat as if to suggest she heads over towards him to join the party at which point she shakes her head, declining the offer. Boa nods back at her almost in approval at her not becoming one of those girls and as BitchWat and Elena turn to leave, they grab as many of the bottles as they can before racing downstairs being chased by one of the security.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

{Boa}
Stated this shit before, already staked our claim
We ain’t just passing by
We’re first ballot hall of fame
We don’t just exist
We’re here to change the fucking game
So if you on that come-up, change the playbook up
And maybe try out again
You could make the team next year
With the lessons that you learn

Orion
You know this is all I’ve got
And I’ve worked my whole damn life for this
Ain’t just here to blend in
You know I’mma fucking go for this
And I’m aiming for the top from the very beginning
You know we’re fucking built for winning”

Credits & Personnel

CREDITS

Directed by Orion, DeAndre Patton, Sara Brie-Loren
Lyrics by Orion
Story by Orion, Sara Brie-Loren, Sofia “BitchWat” Mendez
Produced by Sara Brie-Loren
Filmed on Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, California, USA

Bellows – himself
Boa – himself
Circuit – himself
Sofia “BitchWat” Mendez – party girl
Elena Pinter – party girl

PERSONNEL

Bellows – actor, writer, director, concept artist
Boa – actor, writer, director, concept artist
Circuit – actor, writer, director, concept artist
Sofia “BitchWat” Mendez – actress, concept artist
Elena Pinter - actress
DeAndre Patton - director
Sara Brie-Loren – director, producer

OOC: Music video's are the thing that I hate writing the most on here. But hopefully it's good enough and makes some sort of sense. Back to your regularly scheduled programming after this one :)
thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 15/08/2021(UTC), BrownSugar on 15/08/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 16/08/2021(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 29/08/2021(UTC), erich hess on 29/08/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 31/08/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 16/09/2021(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#2 Posted : 15 August 2021 04:05:05(UTC)
2001clay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Ciara Lovett: Okay i see you Orion! This video is tight so i must this video could be legit hit!

Slim Money: Ooh-wee i gotta congratulate to you man cause i wouldn't put it off but it is what it is so keep on hustle my bro

OCC: I was blown away! the visual is coming together & this has to be my favorite so amazing work
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 15/08/2021(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 29 August 2021 15:53:01(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Ciara Lovett: Okay i see you Orion! This video is tight so i must this video could be legit hit!

Slim Money: Ooh-wee i gotta congratulate to you man cause i wouldn't put it off but it is what it is so keep on hustle my bro

OCC: I was blown away! the visual is coming together & this has to be my favorite so amazing work

Boa: You know how we do, Ciara! Mad respect to everyone that makes this shit their priority, it ain't easy!

Circuit: Thanks man, it was a trip but it came out alright. We'll keep doin what we do, you know how that goes.

OOC: Thanks! The music video roleplays aren't really my thing, but hopefully it came out alright.
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 29/08/2021(UTC)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#4 Posted : 30 August 2021 22:19:08(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Stephanie Fierce: Tell me how this music video is giving me all the life that I needed. Bitchwat is a baddie!

ooc: Every time I see Orion posted in here I come running lol I just love what you’re doing with these guys! In all seriousness though, I think you have potentially created one of the greatest groups here! I really do genuinely enjoy your work with them ☺️

I loved the visual! I know this is not your thing but I think you capture the song very well. This is definitely still stepping outside of the box and doing something fresh! Loved how you included cameos of a TRSG influencer and just made this video seem realistic for what it was! Great job!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 31/08/2021(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 31 August 2021 17:00:49(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post
Stephanie Fierce: Tell me how this music video is giving me all the life that I needed. Bitchwat is a baddie!

ooc: Every time I see Orion posted in here I come running lol I just love what you’re doing with these guys! In all seriousness though, I think you have potentially created one of the greatest groups here! I really do genuinely enjoy your work with them ☺️

I loved the visual! I know this is not your thing but I think you capture the song very well. This is definitely still stepping outside of the box and doing something fresh! Loved how you included cameos of a TRSG influencer and just made this video seem realistic for what it was! Great job!

Bellows: Appreciate the love. She's a firecracker, got that hustle that we respect!

OOC: Thank you, it's been a fun period of building them up! Definitely neglected my other characters though, but there's still a few more things to come from them with the album on it's way!

Yeah, it was more of a way to add an extra layer onto the release, so it's not something that'll be happening regularly as I try to avoid creating video rp's. But it was a fun addition to the single release and I did enjoy the idea of them bringing in a popular influencer to be part of the whole thing. Hopefully I did it justice!
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 05 September 2021 07:59:03(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
BitchWat: WHO IS THAT BITCH?????? BITCH....ITS BITCH WATTTTTTT!!!!!! This came out wonderfully boys. You really fucking changed my life with this one and I cannot thank you enough. You can also thank me for being that girl and bringing even more eyes to this video of a number one fucking song. We really fucking did that didn't we? Our power!!!!

OOC: I love everything you have done with Orion so far. The way Bitch Wat's inclination into the video with it all starting on Twitter was really fun and nice to see come alive. Great work on this video and thank you for having BitchWat be apart of this. She's super hyped. Also cannot forget how great the track is as well. You always deliver such strong lyrics. Awesome work :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 06/09/2021(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#7 Posted : 13 September 2021 01:22:21(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan: I've spent 20 years trying to become the official theme for an NFL season to no avail. I will blissfully take comfort that I'm probably Tom Brady's favorite artist. Congrats on getting that NFL bag and creating a song worth hearing pop up for the next 5 months. You three never disappoint. I vaguely recognize one of the leads in the music video but I can't quite place my finger on who she is.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked PANIC! for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 13/09/2021(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 25 September 2021 15:42:23(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
BitchWat: WHO IS THAT BITCH?????? BITCH....ITS BITCH WATTTTTTT!!!!!! This came out wonderfully boys. You really fucking changed my life with this one and I cannot thank you enough. You can also thank me for being that girl and bringing even more eyes to this video of a number one fucking song. We really fucking did that didn't we? Our power!!!!

OOC: I love everything you have done with Orion so far. The way Bitch Wat's inclination into the video with it all starting on Twitter was really fun and nice to see come alive. Great work on this video and thank you for having BitchWat be apart of this. She's super hyped. Also cannot forget how great the track is as well. You always deliver such strong lyrics. Awesome work :)

Circuit: For real, you killed it. Great to work with you, keep getting that bag!

OOC: Thanks, I enjoyed how naturally the whole thing unravelled. It was fun to change it up a little and come up with a video rp. Thanks for being part of it!
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 25 September 2021 15:49:14(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: PANIC! Go to Quoted Post
Ryan: I've spent 20 years trying to become the official theme for an NFL season to no avail. I will blissfully take comfort that I'm probably Tom Brady's favorite artist. Congrats on getting that NFL bag and creating a song worth hearing pop up for the next 5 months. You three never disappoint. I vaguely recognize one of the leads in the music video but I can't quite place my finger on who she is.

Bellows: Man, it was a trip getting involved with this one. For real, I could see you being a few of the guys favorite artists, you got that street cred, no doubt. Thanks again man, appreciate the support!