logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline freestylechamp  
#1 Posted : 04 September 2021 11:33:44(UTC)
freestylechamp

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Album: Untold Stories
Artist: Younghood
Genre: Rap
Label: FREEDOM
Format: CD, Digital Copy
Release: September 2021

Untold Stories is the first studio album from YoungHood and FREEDOM. it has songs like "Tune it Up," "Voices," Featuring Payton, and "Flipping it". Working on this album he has gotten features from Payton, Kyle, and Kidd Amaze all the while working on features for other artists. This album was to be released at the start of the summer last year but it was redone under this current name. Younghood posted the cover of his album on September 1, to let everyone know that he was going to be releasing his solo project this Friday which didn't have a rollout for it. When it was brought it if some of the singles from the previous album made it through Younghood shook his head "I didn't really like how that work was coming together and really it as a project that I spend too much time on trying to do something that I didn't want to do. I went back into the studio and worked on things differently and I'm more comfortable with this work and how it came out. Maybe I might do something with the tracks later but I just didn't see the need to carry so much negativity on my project."

This album has been worked on since 2019 and while it was scheduled to come out summer of last year Younghood reworked the album with it being now a collection of stories that are passed around from his friends. Unreleased tracks might come out in the future but he doesn't expect them to come out any time soon saying "It doesn't fit with the new space that the project is in so it would have to come out somewhere else." He worked with a lot of producers from the Detroit area and it is an ode to home and what he wants to take with him wherever he goes in life.

The album starts off with the lead single of the album Untold Stories it is a mellow vibe and it talks about growing up in an environment like the ghettos of Detroit. He talks about a harsh violent situation where it is hard to escape from and since he is one of the few to make it out he wanted to be able to tell the stories of those that haven't made it out so people could know. following behind is the track called Couldn't Afford it it comes as a changeup and is almost like a freestyle with its limited chorus and hook. It talks about how not making it out of the situation that he was in wasn't an option in his mind and it was the only thing that he needed to do was to get himself and his family out of the bad neighborhood that they were in. Track 3 Got Nothing on Me shifts the tone as it is from the perspective of a man that lives his life and his adaptability to any situation. This has a chorus that talks about his problems but he doesn't sweat any of it. Track four is the hit single Tune It Up Someone who has made it and has come back to the city trying to give classic advice of living life and not saving people that don't want to be saved. Track five Talk your Shit is a collaboration with Younghood and Rapper from BYS Kyle where the two of them go back and forth talking about how they need to say what is on their minds and not bowing to no one. This Collab really got set in motion weeks before the release of the album and was a late addition to the reworked album but it still carried a lot of the same energy as the old work. The next track Voices is the Second Track released as a single and was performed with YoungHood and Payton. Confidence has never been a thing that either of these guys lacked and it was a track that was one of the first to get done on the new album. Who Want It is Track 7 and it has Younghood getting ad-libs from Tyron Aka Big Stacks on it. This single flow with the last two singles before it and this is still an "I'm on top of my game" vibe/feel. He has made it and he is ready to take on the world, anyone can get it. Track 8 Features the production of Beatfreakz titled Flipping it, The song talks about how he has grown something out of nothing and reflects on what he has achieved so far in his career and how much more he has to offer. How now nothing is a struggle and things have gotten easier for him and his family. Commerical Success is the final track and it features a verse from Kidd Amaze, who has recently finished his last season of professional Basketball. This single talks about what it was like to be considered a success story and what fame both inside and out means to the artist the business as a whole and to fans. This album finishes in under 30 minutes and only comes with Nine tracks there is a bonus track for streaming Slept On that isn't a part of the physical or digital copy that was part of the original project before it was reworked.

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 10 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 04/09/2021(UTC), erich hess on 04/09/2021(UTC), 2001clay on 04/09/2021(UTC), C4AJoh on 04/09/2021(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 05/09/2021(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 07/09/2021(UTC), PANIC! on 08/09/2021(UTC), kandii on 15/09/2021(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/09/2021(UTC), Welat65 on 30/09/2021(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#2 Posted : 05 September 2021 08:10:10(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Perfect timing of this album release. Having Young Hood hop on the Layla single (which looks like a bonafide hit) and following it up with the release of Young Hood's is promo in itself. Nice to see Young Hood releasing an album, can't wait to see what else you have in store for him. Also really happy to have Payton be apart of this project ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#3 Posted : 07 September 2021 09:34:08(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

ooc: Not sure if I’m commenting prematurely (if so please forgive me) but this an outstanding layout of this album! Very straightforward, simplistic but I can get the overall sonic vision of the album even without sound a likes!

Offline TishaJackson!!!!  
#4 Posted : 14 September 2021 08:02:35(UTC)
TishaJackson!!!!

Was thanked: 1322 time(s) in 637 post(s)
Tisha: Congrats on everything friend!
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline 2001clay  
#5 Posted : 14 September 2021 08:11:07(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Paige Wesley: Hiya Younghood I wanna say congrats on your success of your debut album & hopefully we could collaborate together soon also love your album by the way so please stay true to yourself & hope to see you soon!

Cosmic Blue: Hey we’re cosmic blue & we love your album so we’re hoping to heard your new music soon until then we gonna rocking to your album 💿
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 25 September 2021 15:58:53(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Kara Romero: Man, you've killed it with this one. Right now you're the go to guy if you want that rap flow on your track, really creating an incredible legacy for yourself with every thing that you do right now. Quickly becoming the godfather of the game, keep em' coming man. Can't get enough!