logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline freestylechamp  
#1 Posted : 22 January 2022 02:13:11(UTC)
freestylechamp

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 6113 time(s) in 2662 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Artist(s): Japanese Cartoon
Tittle: Crash Pilots
Format: Digital download, Digital Streams, CD, Vinyl Record
Genre: Rock, Alternative Rock
Label: Independent

Japanese Cartoon is a rock band formed in 2019 with co-singers and writers Chris Walker and Sarah Walker from the now HBOMAX show the Catch-Up. The band was first introduced by Chris writing the first single with the band, Dopamine Rush Junkie or D.R.J., which was released in December 2020 on SoundCloud. In 2021 the band would make its TV debut on the Catch-Up season finale with Sarah singing the second song, Cold World, which didn't get released anywhere but got people's attention for what was going to happen with the band. Finally, it was known to the world that this band was going to get action where they appeared on Culture Uncut to get the band into the spotlight again. This EP comes with the two songs D.R.J. and Cold World as well as three new unreleased tracks and one that is going to be the premier single of the EP Young Again. This EP has been in the works for some time with music and composition coming together late last year and was supposed to come out earlier but it was pushed back as fans of the Catch-Up show was already had a list filled for pre-orders that they had to go and make more. With this group being an Independent group they had managed to squeeze money out of their pockets to go a little bit over budget to make sure people will get a chance to get what they preordered

Tracklist
1. D.R.J.
2. Cold World
3. Cary Me Through
4. Young Again
5. Kick Down

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 11 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
2001clay on 22/01/2022(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/01/2022(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 22/01/2022(UTC), erich hess on 22/01/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 22/01/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/01/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 22/01/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 22/01/2022(UTC), BigPapi on 23/01/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 25/01/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 29/01/2022(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#2 Posted : 22 January 2022 02:37:30(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Track 1.
D.R.J

Dopamine Rush Junkie is the first single this band has ever done but it is also the first single on the EP. Chris was the only writer here as there and from his words, this was going to be a one-shot thing.

Quote:
Really I never expected that I was going to do the whole singer thing. I was happy in my own world, doing my own thing, but I had to admit I had been around a lot of talented people that love doing music. I see who they are and it made me want to do it. When this song was done, the guys wanted to do more stuff but I was like 'Okay I had my fun, time for to get back to doing comedy skits.' I had meetings with award shows. I had my own shows that I had to do so I really pushed this to the back. Lucky for them Sarah was watching and she started working with them getting vocal lessons, and then she came back to tell us "I want to do my own song to end the show, that's my sister so I'm not going to say no, thankfully it all worked out and it all started because of this song right here.

Sarah talked about how she heard this song for the first time.

Quote:
Chris has always bounced around from idea to idea, he is really creative like that. He never shown an interest in doing music but I'm sure being with his boyfriend and watching a lot of others really sparked his interest. I thought it was good for someone who had never done music before but there were a lot of things that I wanted to do differently, the self-promotion and hearing the name of the band in the back, I wanted to have it like a real band thing. Have the music talk for us. Really the guys that we have on the drums and guitar are really good and I wanted to showcase them more. I had to work at it and take lessons and really come out with a style I think that goes more towards the music of it all, that's why there is this shift between the song Chris did and the song I did.

UserPostedImage

Your heart is pounding now
With sweat dripping from your brow
Your muscles tense on the ground
Ears picking up all kinds of sounds
To rev up for you to wind it down
The pressure is climbing, tension rising,
All or nothing bets, what you will find is,

We're all living just to die
So let’s go out with a bang
If we make it through this
We’ll have people singing our name (come on)

Your fear is running high,
It’s vast and dark as the night sky
You take anxiety for the ride, you are a
Dopamine Rush Junkie

We're all living just to die
We’ll have people singing our name

Dopamine Rush Junkie
Dopamine Rush Junkie
Dopamine Rush Junkie
Dopamine Rush Junkie
Dopamine Rush Junkie
Dopamine Rush Junkie
Dopamine Rush Junkie

We’re all living just to die

Your mind is running wild
Your heart isn’t slowing down
Your eyes start to dilate
Your muscles pulsate
Your senses are heighten
Your focus is tighten
Your mind is running wild
Your heart isn’t slowing down
Your eyes start to dilate
Your muscles pulsate
Your senses are heighten
Your focus is tighten
And your fear
Fear
Fear
Fear
Fear don’t mean shit

We’re all living just to die

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 8 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
2001clay on 22/01/2022(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 22/01/2022(UTC), erich hess on 22/01/2022(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/01/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 22/01/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/01/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 22/01/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 25/01/2022(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#3 Posted : 22 January 2022 03:11:56(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Track 2.
Cold World

Cold World is the second single and while it wasn't released to the public it was performed live on HBOMAX by Sarah and Japanese Cartoon, the first time that has happened and Sarah's first written song. She talked about that moment and what it meant for her.

Quote:
I was nervous, I thought it should have kept my mouth shut. Nobody knew we were planning and only me and the guys have been working on the music and what we wanted it to sound like. I didn't go into a booth because Chris pays us peanuts, no in all honesty I didn't know where else to do the song. I wanted it to be a surprise but I also wanted to get in front of people as much I can. I was happy that I could do it in a safe place but also have people see all the hard work and effort that we put in I was ready when they started playing and I just had to go out there and give it my best.

[Lyrics]
Eyes are open, wide awake
Red strings of fate around my neck
Leading to those golden gates, I must return
Colors bleed into the void
Lives of others, this thing destroy
I carry on in black and white
As days drag on by
Drag on by (x2)
Drag

(Hook)
Who will save the day?
Who will make a way?
Who would come to your aid?
When your back against the wall
Who will shed a light?
Who will make things right, in this
Cold, cold world

Sands of time slips through the crack
Haunted from the actions of the past
Doing everything to escape, that what chains you (That what chains you)
Marching on out of control
Playing part in your given role
Never knowing what could be
Given up on being free
Feeling empty
Feeling empty
Void

(Hook)
Who will save the day?
Who will make a way?
Who will shed a light?
Cold, cold world

(Bridge)
One Day it will come
Bring life to the kingdom
And you will know about your
Cold, cold
Cold, cold
Cold, cold world

(Hook)
Who will save the day?
Who will make a way?
Who will shed a light?
Cold, cold
Cold, Cold world

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
stephaniewazhere on 22/01/2022(UTC), erich hess on 22/01/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 22/01/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 22/01/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/01/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 22/01/2022(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 23/01/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 25/01/2022(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#4 Posted : 22 January 2022 03:40:24(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Track 3.
Carry Me Through

One of the new singles this single deals with someone being in a dark place, be it mentally, physically, or emotionally and how important it is to have friends and family and loved ones to carry you through it so things can get better. Chris is the lead vocalist on this track and he talks about how this song was a guide on how he was and is still leaning on people that love him.

Quote:
I have bipolar and while it is something that I don't let it to myself too much, I do have to take medication and I have a therapist that I see that suppose to keep me leveled. It's hard because at one point you have all this energy and you feel great and you can do anything and the next minute you feel like the world is ending and you're worthless, that the planet is better off without you. That is the reason why I think this song means a lot to me because the first part is you being high, it's not good. When you have a manic episode it's like being on a drug and thinking you have the gold star in Mario. Sure in your head you think 'Nothing can wrong, I just got the gold star so nothing can touch me,' you still have that voice that's saying 'stop, don't do this, think about it first,' but you don't listen to it. Then comes the down where the voice that was saying all those things about how untouchable you are is looking at you like 'Man you are dumb, you really thought that would work out, that's what you decided to do, your such a waste.' I don't know what I would have done if I wasn't around people that loved me to help me through that.

(1st verse)
I can feel the glares behind my head
The darkness that creeps underneath the bed
The voices that shoutout within the void
The screams that come with the white noise
They gnawing at me

(Hook)
Carrying me through this time that I’m in
Cause I feel no more
This suffering
Cause I feel no more
This suffering

(2nd Verse)
I can see the colors washing away
With life around me in this depressing grey
This dark cloud looking to be here to stay
pressing me down hoping my body gives way
It's pulling at me

(Hook)
Cause I feel no more
This suffering
Cause I feel no more
This suffering

{Guitar Break}

(Hook)
Cause I feel no more
This suffering
cause I feel no more
this suffering

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
erich hess on 22/01/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 22/01/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 22/01/2022(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 22/01/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/01/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 22/01/2022(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 23/01/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 25/01/2022(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#5 Posted : 22 January 2022 03:59:25(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Track 4.
Young Again

Young again is the single that is going to be the lead single for this EP with Sarah being the main vocalist on the song. this song is about a couple that has gone into a rut and wants to spice something up,

Quote:
I wrote this because everyone wants to fall in love. but falling in love and staying in love are two different things. This couple has been in love but they want to have that spark back like before and even though they are grown up and have responsibilities from themselves, others, or just society in general they can still take time out and keep that love just as passionate and hot as it was when they fell in love with each other. I think the music goes great with it and I hope that people listen to it when they are with their partner.

(1st verse)
I've been waiting all-day
Just for you to come home
We use to do whatever we like
But now we seem to conform
(Oh Yea, oh yea, oh yea)

(hook)
Let’s be young once again
Let’s fuck all the rules
Put some spice in our life
Before it gets boring soon
Do whatever we want, lets our egos choose
What you want to do to me as I would do to you

(2nd verse)
I know work is important
bills piling up at the door
I just want to see you
Throw all that and take me on the floor
(Oh Yea, oh yea, Oh yea)

(hook)
Let’s fuck all the rules

(bridge)
If you really love as much as you say
Then you shouldn’t have a problem
Showing me in a physical way

(hook)
Let’s fuck all the rules

(2nd hook)
Time shouldn’t matter
Let's escape into our world
Would you rather be working
Or do you prefer the latter
Tell me all of your needs, share all your fantasies
I would do them for you as you would do for me

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
erich hess on 22/01/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 22/01/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 22/01/2022(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 22/01/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/01/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 22/01/2022(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 23/01/2022(UTC)
Offline freestylechamp  
#6 Posted : 22 January 2022 04:20:03(UTC)
freestylechamp

Man
United States

Track 5.
Kick Down

Track five is the last song on the EP with Chris again being the lead vocalist. With this last song, he talks about getting chances to be what you want to be in life. Chris and Sarah had this to say about this song.

Quote:
Chris: Oh man, this is really a song about us. A song about me and my friends and the people that I met. this is like the anthem about being told about what you should do and how you always dreamed of what it would be like to do what you want instead of what you should. Like you just waiting for that chance and how if you been preparing for your moment and not forgotten about it. When it comes time there is going to be a chance and you take it. There is no better feeling than someone feeling like "I been waiting for this moment," and they never look back. Now I'm not going to say that happens all the time, there have been times where you get your shot and you miss, or it was harder than you thought, but you don't let that stop you. You keep going and it going to come around where you think to yourself, I got this all I need is just the chance to prove it to people.

Quote:
Sarah: I thought this was going to be the lead single honestly. A song about hope and getting to make the most of the chance that was given to you. I know that Chris was wild and young but given the chance to do something he has always done well with his chances, and he has opened the door for a lot of us. I know that he jokes about being a nobody early on but he really built himself up. Launched a lot of careers and has made things that a lot of people didn't think weren't going to amount to anything. Really proud of him and what he has done for himself and for others.

(1st verse)
I've been waiting for my time to come finally step in
To have my voice and vision hear
to have my thoughts and opinions matter
I didn’t know how it would happen but I was determined
To make my dreams on true, and show them to the world

(hook)
Finally, got to the door, kicked it down
Guy come with me, this is our chance

(2nd verse)
All we need is a chance, cause we have been planning for that day
To show what can really do, we won’t waste our shot
Just give us misfits a try, we have been overlooked for too long
We can make it through then there is no stopping us

(Hook)

(Bridge)
Oh, I have dreamed of this day
When I could finally say
That it is my time
And run with it
Whoa, I just needed my chance
For you to see
Just how it could be
When given the opportunity

Get ready for it (x6)

(hook)

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
2001clay on 22/01/2022(UTC), erich hess on 22/01/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 22/01/2022(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 22/01/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/01/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 22/01/2022(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 23/01/2022(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#7 Posted : 22 January 2022 08:26:32(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19289 time(s) in 7677 post(s)
Chicago: That's my fucking baby and I'm so proud!! Your talents know no bounds, my love. You and Sarah are a force to be reckoned with when you're together. I love your bond so much. Listening to your project, I can tell this is a real collaborative piece. I enjoy how you switch up taking leads and how both of your personalities come through in the EP. It is an excellent project but I want to specifically highlight "Carry Me Through". Takes a very brave and special person to be so open and honest to the world. Wishing you both all the love, luck and success in the world with this endeavour!

OOC: What a nice surprise! Always a pleasure to see new output from you and this is rather different to other projects you've released before. Love it when someone does something new. This is a really interesting and exciting new project. Can't wait to see what you do next :)
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 22/01/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 22 January 2022 23:25:19(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8676 time(s) in 2722 post(s)
Adam Benjamin: Delightful to hear alternative rock getting some traction in the mainstream. Completely unexpected release and the quality of these tracks are clearly something to keep coming back to. Always enjoyed your work on Catch-Up, it showed the unique and creative minds that you both possess. Never knew you had hidden talents when it came to creating music too but I can guarantee that you have big things if this is the path that you choose moving forward. I will definitely be keeping an eye on you guys for future releases.

OOC: Loved reading through this because it brought something different to the table, a forgotten genre and style on here. Can't wait to read more!
Offline Famouss7x7  
#9 Posted : 23 January 2022 09:12:04(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Suzie: To my friends over at Catch up <3 Yessss. I said in a recent interview that I really wanna see more artists to take risks and I think you definitely did here with this. It feels like a revival in some ways with this type of sound, it’s totally different. Love the fact that you guys went there with this EP. slay!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 23/01/2022(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#10 Posted : 25 January 2022 13:18:55(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17998 time(s) in 10465 post(s)
Karoliena: my little Chris is growing up.

Erich: * starts singing* cats in the cradle and the silver spoon. Little boy blue and the man in the moon. when you coming home,son? I don't know when. But we'll get together soon. *Weeps* my... boy..was.. just like...me.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 26/01/2022(UTC)
Offline PANIC!  
#11 Posted : 13 February 2022 08:28:57(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan: I love going blindly into a project and digesting it for only the music. I had no idea some of the folks behind Catch-Up made up this group. Echoing the thoughts shared on the internet, seeing a rock EP at #1 on the album charts in 2022 is an impressive feat and one that's well earned after spending the last few weeks listening to it. "Cold World" and "Carry Me Through" standout for me. The latter is a perfectly executed testament of what it means to live with any sort of mental disorder. I'm excited to see what is next for ya'll.

OOC: This was a great read and loved seeing how it came out of nowhere. As others have said, given the pop-centric vibes of the forums now, it's always nice to see someone tackle genres that don't get as much attention.
UserPostedImage
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#12 Posted : 19 February 2022 02:38:51(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
OOC: Yay, more rock music! You did your thing with this. I can't pick a favorite though, but if I was being forced I'd probably go with Kick Down. I like the message behind it :)

Hayden: This is great, I really enjoyed listening to this and I would like to request a FULL album next time.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar