logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 24 February 2022 03:18:04(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3971 time(s) in 1356 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Ex In My Bed
Genre(s): Synth-Pop, Alternative
Label: Ruff Round Records
Length: 3.34
Written By: Malik Jarvez
Produced By: Fredrik Sonefors, Martin Bjelke
Taken From: Falling Into Place

“Ex In My Bed” is the second single from Puerto-Rican American singer song-writer Malik Jarvez. The song is the follow up to his hugely successful debut single “I Got It Now” which peaked at number #2 in the charts late last year and is still within the current top 10 of the charts. Malik first teased “Ex In My Bed” at the beginning of the year, the single marks his first official single with Ruff Round Records signing with them following the release of “I Got It Now”. Musically “Ex In My Bed” follows a similar sound to his debut however it has a little bit of a more pop vibe overall. The track is the second to be taken from his debut album “Falling Into Place” which is set for release later this year. “Ex In My Bed” was written by Malik Jarvez and was written about a past relationship and how he just couldn’t help himself hoping back into bed with her, the track has a run time of three minutes and thirty-four seconds. From a production standpoint Malik once again called in the swedes as once again two Swedish producers worked there magic on the track, in the form of Fredrick Sonefors and Martin Bjelke.

Unlike his debut “Ex In My Bed” has received mostly positive reviews from critics. James DeLuca from DigitalSpy wrote in his review. “Must admit I feel like this should of been his big debut hit, not that his debut was bad, but this track is a bop and then some.” Julia Mattews wrote in her review. “Okay okay hold up where did this guy spring from both singles he has dropped so far have been masterpieces, not only is he nice to look at but the boy has pipes for days apparently, another absolutel tune”. Katie Maxwell wrote a less favourable view on the 4Music website. “I just don’t understand the hype this guy seems to be getting like sure the song is okay but is it that groundbreaking it sounds like a throwaway hit that could of been made by literally any one else, his not that creative in my opinion”. Oscar Clarke wrote. “Dang this guy is gonna be huge if his entire album is full of little bops like this one, plus as a guy this song is so relatable from a lyrical standpoint so that’s just another postive in my eyes”. Neil Patrick for NME wrote. “Lyrically this song is not a creative or as strong as his debut but the production value is second to none once again, I could even go as far as saying that this song could be stronger in that sense than his debut offering.” Jasmine Cahill wrote. “Okay come through with another bop, plus isn’t he just a cutie pie…plus so humble but as for the track yet again can’t fault this out of ten I’d give this a solid 8 out of 10.” Harvey Jackson gave a less favourable rating of 2 out 10 on the NME website. “Bland, boring, predictable, recyclable track plain and simple”

MALIK’S TAKE ON “EX IN MY BED”
Quote:
Hey guys it's me Malik here, I honestly can't thank you enough for the support you guys have given me so far with my first single...honestly it has blown my mind that the single has done so well so far, I have so much more coming in 2022 speaking of...I can now reveal that my next single is called "Ex In My Bed", now I know what you guys are thinking this song was written before I fell in love with Rose, it is about my ex and how even after we divorced there where times well...the title of the song kinda says it all but of course now this would never happen because I am a loyal man and loyal boyfriend, but I feel like guys will be able to relate to this song because let's be honest who hasn't got back in bed with there ex even if it was a drunken mistake or not a drunken mistake either way I feel like the song is relatable even too women I'd imagine it's relatable too, I also have another little surprise for you guys I can give you a little sneak peak at the track with a cheeky little preview so I hope you guys like and let me know on twitter @Malik_Jarvez what you think positive or negative I will take it all on board.

EX IN MY BED

Don’t know why I can’t fight the temptation
My head says no, my body always says yes
Falling into old habits, going at it like rabbits
Why am I such a fool for you affection
We are over but I can’t help the flirtation

What is wrong with me
someone please tell me
Why oh why do I keep jumping into bed with my ex
My body keeps ruling over my heart and head
I know this is wrong but I can’t help myself
I can’t fight her wicked eyes
Can’t fight her wicked lies
Ex in my bed, she has that power over me
Ex in my bed, oh yeah we throwing shapes again

Here we go again hating on each other by day
Making love under the moonlight by night
We both know this is wrong, we can’t help ourselves
Why do I fall for your advances, like a fool
You just want me for one thing
No other man can give it to you better
My head and heart must stop letting this happen
But I can’t help the temptation

What is wrong with me
someone please tell me

Need to learn to fight the advances
Stop making me look foolish
Can’t seem to help myself but to play your game
It’s like cat and mouse we go around and round
We both need to move on, what we are doing is wrong
But I can’t fight the feeling of us

What is wrong with me
someone please tell me

SOUNDS LIKE:

Edited by user 24 February 2022 04:52:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 9 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
2001clay on 24/02/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/02/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 24/02/2022(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/02/2022(UTC), erich hess on 25/02/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/02/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 09/03/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 30/03/2022(UTC), kandii on 19/06/2022(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 25 February 2022 22:00:27(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19202 time(s) in 7631 post(s)
BLOOM: Ayyyy been waiting on this one for a while, my friend. This shit goes OFF. That chorus is catchy as hell, my brother. Can feel it in my bones that this is just the tip of the iceberg and many great things are heading your way. Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve. Judging by these first two singles, I know the album is going to be epic, my man.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 19/03/2022(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#3 Posted : 08 March 2022 19:23:18(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3971 time(s) in 1356 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
BLOOM: Ayyyy been waiting on this one for a while, my friend. This shit goes OFF. That chorus is catchy as hell, my brother. Can feel it in my bones that this is just the tip of the iceberg and many great things are heading your way. Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve. Judging by these first two singles, I know the album is going to be epic, my man.

Malik: I am glad you like it dude, haha I am glad you find the chorus catchy and I am honestly so excited to drop my album!
UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 18 April 2022 08:15:14(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Great work! I love how consistent you've been with Malik, he's really killing it. As for the song, I love the lyrics and the song content. It's definitely relatable and I find that if it were a real song, it'd definitely be a success. Nice work :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 19/04/2022(UTC)