logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline 2001clay  
#1 Posted : 26 February 2022 03:37:46(UTC)
2001clay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3572 time(s) in 1279 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Hey Diego, thank you for joining us today. How are you?!

Yo thank you for having me & i'm vibing honestly I just chill man

How does it feel having just released your new single “Blaze It Up” with none other than Payton!

Felt amazing & i couldn't be happier having Payton on my song so other than that i'm felt bless

How did the song come about?

Well in 2021 I was at my home after the beat came in from Mr DJ Hurricane & I started writing on this song & it felt like it needed flavor like more flavor than the other in the past. So it took me an like 2 hour to finish writing song but stuck on the title cause i originally title song called "Rise It Up" but at the last moment the word Blaze got my head stuck from singing chorus so i changed the word from Rise to Blaze so honestly i like "Blaze It Up" is it so once i come up with the right song then i'll record

Isn’t Blaze It Up your first release under La Familia? How does it feel being signed to a new record label? Does it feel different from where you were previously?

Being signed to La Familia i mean it's fucking insane & shit so honestly i would say it does kind feel different from the label that I was on cause Big Diamond Records they said like this is your song that you gonna release & i felt like this isn't the song that i would particularly release but on La Familia they're like treating me like a prince & giving me some advice that i need & which it felt different so yeah

How did the record deal with La Familia happen?

After La Familia label is taking off I was like damn what the fuck i should've been signed to Payton label so i did express to him like i need management deal i mean that was like in 2020 at FCA after party then after i release Deja Vu & peaked to number 3 he called me on the next day & he finally ready to signed me to La Familia so honestly i didn't know how to react other than saying yes so that made my day

Are you still signed with your former label?

Still signed to label

I want to talk about the new song for a bit. We can’t help but love the Reggae and Latin mash up on Blaze It Up. Is this a style you’re going to delve in with your debut album?

Maybe but i mean it depend on how the sound work well with the album so whatever it fit my style then it'll fit the sound for my album

Can you tell us alittle more about “Blaze It Up”? What exactly is the song is about?

Blaze It Up is about we're gonna blaze it up aka rise it up also it talk about how i'm living rich, where i'm representing from & you just gotta celebrate that you are meaning gotta blaze it up

What made you want to hop in the studio with Payton? Was it something that just authentically happen or did one of you contact the other?

When i submit the song to Payton & he say i'm liking the song but felt like it was missing so in my head i was thinking oh shit he gonna like scrap the song but really he said even though I like the song i gonna hop in to studio so i can lay down my verse on your song so it could make the song better. I was excited to the point where i need a shot & he lay down his verse & final results of this song came out like damn!

On the song Payton says “They swear the game is theirs but we on different levels” and you say “She got that body and it made me feel ridiculous”. We’ve got to know! Are you two talking about anyone in particular in your verses ?

*laugh uncontrollably* well on my part it mean like she got that sexy ass body & i'm gonna crazy over sexy body but Payton part i honestly don't know because he could be talking about someone else which i really don't even fucking know who & who so i mean yeah

UserPostedImage

I love songs where the listener has to unpack the lyrics and really think about it. Is this what you always go for as a writer?

Well it's depend on whosever or anything i mean i'm fine with writing song for other artist if that song ain't for me but it is that song for then no i could never give anyone my song unless if i gonna give the song to other artist then yeah i need royalty & credit on the song for the song that i wrote

Fans have been waiting for your album for quite some time now. What can you tell us about your debut project? Do you have a name for it and a release date?

Um... my album was originally supposed to release in Winter 2020 but I took a second listen to completion of my album & I felt like this sound has got to changed cause r&b music wasn’t originally my sound in beginning however I love r&b music but Latin Pop is me cause I not tryna to act like I’m somebody else I just me and don’t get me wrong I love r&b but it felt like that what Big Diamond want for my image to be not me cause I told the label like scrap that sound cause people are gonna be confused with me so I wanted to change sound before my album or single could be flop so got the wish that I was begging & this is the new sound that is me also name for the album is still same also I do have release dates but not yet so we can just say it either release in Spring or Summer 2022

I’m sure fans will be reeling about that! It’s clear you have potential to do really great things in this industry. Do you have any goals as an artist?

Yes & no *laugh* I got goals but I normally forget of what is my goals sometime & then you remember like oh wait a minute now i know my goals & for my goals is like never let anyone try to get into your head, always stay focus on your dreams, having successful life & stay out of trouble

Where do you currently see yourself in the current climate of music. There’s many successful young male pop artists. We’ve got Kato, Austin Nimmo, Joshua Grimmie, Lincoln, Billy and more. Do you see yourself making an impact like these guys or do you plan on just taking it slow?

Both cause really i do see myself making impact like male artist but i wanna to like kinda take it slow because i don't wanna rush into everything that i know it gonna happen so crossing my fingers on that one

You’ve had quite success already with Deja-Vu reaching #3 on the charts. How important is success to you in the industry?

Actually it is important to me that i wanna have my single out perfectly cause I don't wanna put out sone shit ass single that already cheesy song so I make sure that it come out the way that i wanted so whatever happen it happen

Who are some artists in the industry that you consider influences or inspirations of yours?

Dominic Brown, Payton, Michelle Green, Enrique Iglesias, Don Omar & LUXX these are the artist that i'm influences

We’ve got to ask about your love life! Rumors have been going around for a while now that you are dating Naomi! We need an exclusive here man. Are you dating Naomi?

"*laugh* Alright alright i gotta confirm the rumors since everyone want the rumors out from me. Yes i'm dating Naomi from SYNCO cause she is fucking amazing girl alright? Cause really she is like the one for me so I love her for the way she is"

What an answer. It’s been nice speaking with you.

No probs i'm having good time already

What are your plans for the rest of 2022?

Um... touring is what i'm planning on so yeah maybe tour, having release parties of my album "Ridiculous", hopefully i can find an upcoming artist so i can manage them & put them on my opening act slot if there was an tour which it hasn't been plan yet but soon so yeah that my plan in 2022

Good luck! I’m sure the fans are definitely excited for that. Without further or due, you’ve got to introduce the new single for us. Right here, on air! Drop it for us! And to all the fans listening, enjoy!

Cool, Aye what sup I'm Diego Lopez & your listening to my brand new joint "Blaze It Up" featuring Payton right here on Apple Music so check it out!

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

occ: Credit to Famouss7x7 for interview questions

Edited by user 26 February 2022 07:59:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 6 users thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
erich hess on 26/02/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/02/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/02/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 26/02/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/02/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 27/02/2022(UTC)