logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 10 April 2022 05:11:38(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

LEGENDS NEVER DIE
an album by STEPHANIE FIERCE

UserPostedImage

OFFICIAL ALBUM COVER

Artist: Stephanie Fierce
Album: Legends Never Die
Release Date: May 1, 2022
Tacks/Length: 24; 100 Minutes and 13 seconds
Writers: Stephanie Fierce, Daniel The Freenerd
Additional Writers: Throat Killa, Alicia Lena, FANGZ, Ryan Ross Hernandez, Younghood
Producers: Stephanie Fierce, Daniel The Freenerd, FANGZ, Throat Killa
Formats: Streaming Only (HER app)
Label: Hot Eye Records

"LEGENDS NEVER DIE" (Also known/stylized as LND) is the 10th Studio album by American singer-songwriter, producer and music mogul Stephanie Fierce set to be released May 1, 2022 under Hot Eye Records through the HER app. Stephanie Fierce worked and collaborated with FCA award winning producer Daniel The Freenerd solely on the project to write and produce; tackling close to 30 songs in the course of 9 months; 17 of those which made the album. Aside from the collaborators vocal contributions; the album was mostly written by Stephanie Fierce and Daniel The Freeenerd respectively. Collaborations on the album include Throat Killa, Alicia Lena, Younghood, Ryan Ross Hernandez and Jay-C. The album uses the voice of Billy Holmes, Ertha Kills and Djay for certain track titles on the project.The album also includes an additional 7 additional narrative pieces that are only included on the Deluxe edition of the album.

The album will not follow a standard commercial album release and will be released exclusively on a self made app titled "HER". Due to this, it will make it the first album released by Stephanie Fierce that will be un-trackable by the Top 20 Chart Heat Albums chart or any chart upon it's initial release. The album will become available on all other streaming platforms in May 2023 and will be made available for tracking at that time. A music video was filmed for all 18 songs and 7 narrative tracks on the album; with a projected budget of 20 million; is it considered one of the most expensive budget for music videos for an individual project. This also makes it the first project by Stephanie Fierce to include a music video for each individual track on the album upon it's initial release.

HISTORY & BACKBROUND

After the release of "Lost in Electronica" in May 10, 2020; the singer began drafting up concepts for her tenth studio album. First hints of the project were presented in June 2021 when Fierce announced on Instagram that she had been working on music despite the death hoax tragedy that had resulted in her disappearance for over 9 months. Fierce turned herself into a behavioral facility to seek professional treatment for her trauma and after a month of treatment she was discharged. Before she could begin official work on the album Fierce presented a lawsuit to her old management team whom had legal rights to her music and revenue. Fierce would go on to win the lawsuit of over 250 million; including obtaining the ownership of her entire music catalog and masters. This would give Fierce complete ownership including any revenue in her respective credited work. This was also a crucial step in order for Fierce to launch her self made app "HER".

Once the legal battle was over, this allowed Fierce to put her full focus on the album which resulted in creative renaissance for the singer. Fierce saw her new music she had written as her "outlet" and wanted to put her feelings into the music but she also didn't want to create what she would consider a "sadistic" body of work similar to what she created with "Free".
The initial intent of the record was to create a follow up to "Lost in Electronica" but Fierce felt that each era in her catalog shouldn't feel like a follow up to the next. "I want each era of my albums to stand on their own two legs. It's the reason why I don't revisit Free and create what people call a 2.0. I can't never say never but that's pretty much the approach I always try to take". To incite excitement and curiosity of the project, Fierce posted various jigsaw puzzle pictures of some of the tracks that would be on the album. While the tracks weren't posted in any specific order; Fierce wanted fans to understand that some of the songs had some special significance in the project.

While the album isn't considered a "concept album" as there isn't a driven intentional concept but the album as a whole seems to touch on artistic themes such as opulence, sex, celebrity status, love, heartbreak, betrayal, anger, betrayal, forgiveness, alter-ego personas, and reggae culture. Fierce clarified that the album would not have a concept or idea but will be more of a statement when she announced the album. The statement is in the album title "Legends Never Die"; serving as a pun to the death hoax that took place before the album began production.

Each song on the project will contain a different mood, though most of the album consists of R&B, Pop Dancehall/Reggae, Trap and Alternative Pop tracks. The album structure does seem to separate certain mood or sounds with a few group of the songs. For example the first portion of the album seems to dwell more on the Reggae sound, while the next section focuses more on R&B and trap. The final section of the album contains more of an alternative grown up pop sound. However; as Daniel expresses on the opening track; Fierce and himself wanted to approach the project as if they were "new artists" by tackling a new sound that Fierce had yet to touch in her career. The sound being "Reggae/Dancehall". After completing the album; Fierce and Daniel describe the album as more of a journey rather than a concept.

The album reached a point of near completion various times. However; once a deadline was placed to wrap up the project; Fierce exposed to the general public that the album will not have a traditional release via Twitter. With that came the official announced that the new album will be released on the HER app. The HER App is a free subscription-based streaming service app owned by Stephanie Fierce available on the APP store through Apple devices and Google Store through Android devices. The company was initially founded in May 2020 and had been in development since then but officially launched on April 2, 2022. "Legends Never Die" will be the first body of work to be released exclusively on the app.

"When I work on an album like this one; I try to give myself a time limit so I actually feel some sort of pressure; otherwise I take my time and overthink the process; which sometimes isn't good. I've had albums where that worked like Free and I've had albums when I didn't feel so confident like "Love is Lust". I took my time with that album and it turned out to be something I wasn't proud of. I have never admitted that because I know some of the songs on that album are what fans consider some of my best artistically. However, with this one, I had many moments when I thought I was finished and then I realized I wasn't. At some point I have to stop myself and say ok, this is good enough, you did good enough Stephanie.".

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

CREATING A VISUAL ALBUM

This will be the first album by Stephanie Fierce to feature ongoing commentary throughout but it will also be the first to include a music video or visual for each track. The idea of creating a visual album had been lingering for nearly a decade but with past contract obligations and budgets; the idea seemed nearly impossible. Now that Fierce stands are her own artist; Fierce was able to put up a proper budget to ensure the vision of each visual was executed properly. While the idea seemed insane to her new management team; as video began to film; the vision become more clear and possible. Shooting over 18 music videos and 7 visuals; the budget came to nearly $20,000,000 dollars. The most expensive music video budget Fierce put out for a project.

"A huge part of my artistry is how I marry the sound with the visual. It's something I've always been extremely passionate and vocal about. My music video catalog is lengthy because of that but I've never tackled a project to this extreme. In a Covid-19 world, it definitely brought a lot of challenges to the music video shoots. Ensuring that everyone on the team was safe, healthy and taken care of was my number one priority before all of the wigs, outfits and traveling we did".

COMING UP WITH THE ALBUM TITLE; "LEGENDS NEVER DIE"

The album's title seems to make a bold statement; especially coming off a highly controversial death hoax. Once Fierce was freed from the tragedy she was forced to be in, she sat down to think about the music she could make and what her next steps would be.

"In July of 2021 is when I came up with the title for this album. I didn't however think of the sound right away. I was writing this song titled "Beautifully Broken" which now shares the same title of the album. That's when this feeling began in me to think of something bold and something that isn't necessarily conventional for an album title. An attitude started to grow inside of me but I also started thinking about forgiveness and healing. I've grown so much as a person but there were certain people that were getting the best of me. Then I started thinking about how people view me as and immediately thought about Stephy Fierce. This person who I created years ago almost nearly become who I really was but she's far from who I truly am. However, what if I bring her back to show people how things would be if I was indeed the old me. I've grown but some people need to be shown and reminded what the old me would do and maybe then they could understand the contrast between who I am today and who I was then. And if they don't, oh well haha".

The album also uses the word "Legend"; which is something Fierce had continuously denounced in the past because she felt she hadn't earned the title.

"In my career and in my interviews I always felt weird when people would call me the queen of pop or a music legend or anything prestigious like that until now. I know that I paved the way and did so much for this industry and for the first time I'm embracing it cause I know I put in the work. So I said fuck it let's have some fucking fun now. Let's celebrate that accomplishment and that's the energy I'm giving with this album. It's not a party album, though it starts off that way but eventually you get to the darker side of the album and you feel the energy and the message I'm trying to give".

OFFICIAL TRACKLISTING:

1. HER REGGAE FT. DANIEL THE FREENERD (Narrative)
2. PU$$Y DA ONE FT. THROAT KILLA (Dancehall)
3. FWEAKY GAL (Dancehall, Reggae)
4. THE BOY TOY FT. BILLY HOLMES (Narrative)
5. TROPHY BOY (NA, NA, NA) (R&B, Pop)
6. ADAM & EVE (Pop, Dancehall)
7. COMPROMISE FT. ERTHA SKITS (Narrative)
8. USE MY NAME (R&B)
9. 24/7 (R&B)
10. NOT A LADY FT. ALICIA LENA (R&B) / PULL UP (Outro) (Trap)
11. COMFORT ZONES (Narrative)
12. WELCOME TO MY HOOD (interlude) (Dance-Trap)
13. PSYCHO HOE (R&B, Trap)
14. SEX ICONIC FT. FANGZ (Trap, Pop)
15. JIGSAW (R&B, Trap)
16. OPULENCE FT. YOUNGHOOD (R&B, Hip-hop)
17. GARDEN OF MY SINS (Narrative)
18. FLOWERS FT. RYAN ROSS HERNANDEZ (Rock, Alternative)
19. PRAY (Alternative)
20. LEGENDS NEVER DIE (Pop, Gospel-Soul)
21. DEATH POP VALLEY/RIP (Narrative)
22. RISEN (Pop-rock, Gospel)
23. LEGEND SHIT/DON'T PISS A LEGEND OFF FT. YOUNGHOOD & JAY C (R&B-Trap, Rap)
24. A NEW BEGINNING (Narrative)

UserPostedImage

OOC: Track by Track posting will follow this initial post :)

Edited by user 12 April 2022 03:35:13(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 6 users thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
2001clay on 10/04/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 10/04/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 10/04/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 10/04/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 10/04/2022(UTC), RadioVine on 11/04/2022(UTC)