logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline freestylechamp  
#1 Posted : 15 May 2022 10:48:46(UTC)
freestylechamp

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 6094 time(s) in 2656 post(s)
Coming off of their First EP Crash Pilots Japanese Cartoon has released a music video for their single Young again. The music video features not Chris and Sarah Walker but Karoliena Summers from Atomic War Bride and her partner Cassie. The single is about keeping passion alive and being young no matter your age. It is a love song based on what Sarah says when she wrote the lyrics. The Video includes Karoliena and Cassie in all kinds of situations not able to keep their hands off of each other. The video starts and progresses throughout certain time periods while Japanese Cartoon sings the song without being seen or mentioned. Chris Walker is who directed the film and wrote out how the music video would go with different ideas bounced around but he talks about why they aren't any clues or mention of the band has certain Atomic War Bride clips and nods.

Quote:
Really I thought it would be neat but another about is people don't realize how American culture shaped the early beginning of anime just like how bands and artists help shaped us as a band. I don't think we would have pursued this sound and style if it wasn't for people like Atomic War Bride. So this is kind of a tip of the cap if you will.

Break down of the music video:

UserPostedImage

The video starts off in a 1950s-style home with Karoliena going around the kitchen making food and cleaning the small home as the first verse plays. When the Hook comes in you see Cassie coming in opening the door and is greeted by Karoliena before they start making out. What is interesting about this shot is while they are making out to hear a click from a toaster and Pop-tarts come out. This is from Atomic War Bride earlier works I'll break your fucking poptart! in which Karoliena sings in the song.

(1st verse)
I've been waiting all-day
Just for you to come home
We use to do whatever we like
But now we seem to conform
(Oh Yea, oh yea, oh yea)

(hook)
Let’s be young once again
Let’s fuck all the rules
Put some spice in our life
Before it gets boring soon
Do whatever we want, lets our egos choose
What you want to do to me as I would do to you

UserPostedImage

At the end of the first hook, we pan away to a dinner party this time the time period looks to be in the 1960s. What is strange is there are married men and women at this dinner table but the only same-sex couple is Karoliena and Cassie. The guest doesn't seem brother but gender roles show Cassie in a masculine role wearing what the other men wear as they finish eating and start drinking, while Karoliena is with the other women. On the dinner table is some dessert called Agatha Crispy in the shape of a pie as a nod to Atomic War Bride song A big bowl of agatha Crispies

(2nd verse)
I know work is important
bills piling up at the door
I just want to see you
Throw all that and take me on the floor
(Oh Yea, oh yea, Oh yea)

When the song goes into the hook you see Karoliena take Cassie by the hand and go to the bedroom while the guest are playing party games and they make out in the bedroom as soon as they close the door. With Karoliena being assertive in undressing Cassie

UserPostedImage

(hook)
Let’s fuck all the rules

(bridge)
If you really love as much as you say
Then you shouldn’t have a problem
Showing me in a physical way

During the Bridge, you see a sped-up version in the 70s 80s, and 90s of Cassie and Karoliena making out while the world is happening around them in the 70s on a conveyor belt in a chocolate factory. In the 80s in a cabin at night while a chainsaw is running in the background, in the 90s is in a BDSM room with a lot of sex toys nearby them on a cart.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

During the last part of the song, it takes place on the boat that Erich has and there is Karoliena and Cassie on the boat together. You see the two of them sail out into the ocean giving one last passionate kiss before the camera turns to see the boat sailing off to the sunset.

(hook)
Let’s fuck all the rules

(2nd hook)
Time shouldn’t matter
Let's escape into our world
Would you rather be working
Or do you prefer the latter
Tell me all of your needs, share all your fantasies
I would do them for you as you would do for me

Banners:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users thanked freestylechamp for this useful post.
2001clay on 15/05/2022(UTC), erich hess on 16/05/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 16/05/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 16/05/2022(UTC), kandii on 19/06/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 20/06/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 21/06/2022(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 16 May 2022 01:09:10(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17909 time(s) in 10405 post(s)
Erich: when i'm old and grey,or too bald to get greasy,i'll have this to look back on and know at least someone dug us. ..or if i die,i guess someone would be digging me.

karoliena: at first i thought this was sweet...now i see i am being called old. i guess i know my next show segment. "sex positions for the spicy octogenarian." *laughs * seriously though,i had such a great time. who doesnt love dressing up and putting on a show? it was nice to be asked to do this. cassie and i have that strange industry thing of a marriage that has lasted. so maybe "That" is getting boring after all these years.
no. no,it isnt. *smiles knowingly*
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 20/06/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#3 Posted : 19 June 2022 18:56:07(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Allison: Wow this song is a winner and the video kinda makes me want to fall in love too. I like the feeling your music gives. Keep going

Edited by user 19 June 2022 19:02:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 20/06/2022(UTC)