logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 26 June 2022 16:35:31(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Signpost” (feat. Bellows)
Artist(s): Kara Romero
Release Date: June 26, 2022
Format: Digital Download, Streaming, Airplay, 12” Single, CD Single
Recorded: Basement Studios, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Genre(s): RnB, Rap
Length: 5:39
Label: Just Record / Dahlhouse Entertainment
Writer(s): Kara Romero, Brayton Carter
Producer(s): Kara Romero, Brayton Carter, Jadyn Ghalen, Jamal Ghalen

“Signpost” (feat. Bellows) is a song from the Spanish-American musician/rapper ‘Kara Romero’ featuring fellow rap and hip-hop artist Brayton ‘Bellows’ Carter. The song was originally released on June 11, 2022 as a solo single from Kara as the lead single from her upcoming sophomore album, the track received positive reviews and saw the artist find her highest charting performance so far as it went straight to number one, marking the first time she had received this feat for a single. The artist was interviewed by Ashford York for Half-Moon Music days following the songs release where she confirmed that she would be releasing an alternative version of the track which will feature the rap talents of Bellows, known as one third of the hip-hop trio ‘Orion’. She confirmed that he had stepped into the recording booth after the initial song had been completed and delivered a couple of verse which tell the other perspective of the songs story, something that Kara was determined to point out was the driving force of the song being that there are usually two sides to every story.

Prior to the remixed version of the singles official release Bellows took to Instagram live to talk about the track, he had the following to say about the latest version of the song, “Man, I always knew the girl had that in her. Huge props to her for finally claiming the number one, they finally giving her the flowers that her talent deserves. That’s all her on this one, no doubt. But she said it herself that she wanted momentum this time around so we gotta pump that shit out. I’m jumping on the track and it’s dropping in the next couple days, thought I’d give it from a difference perspective but we’re keeping true to the original track. Couple little changes but nothing too major, just trying to find the space to get a couple of verses from ya boy on the hit. Not sure if we can eclipse the original version but we’re gonna give it a go.
Ain’t gonna lie, it felt like the track was incomplete to me. Like ya’ll were hearing just one side of the argument and people been out here having this battle for a real long time, it felt right to highlight both sides with this one. Us dudes get a reputation for being simple minded and only after one thing, it was a trip to get to jump on the track and show that we can be involved in shit that was one sided too. Looking for a little more feeling, a little more love and not getting it. End of the day though, an open relationship only works if ya’ll are both playing the game. If ya’ll are calling it an open relationship and only one of you is fucking around wit some other then that shit is gonna crash and burn pretty hard. Real talk. I think this version shines a light on that.”

This track was written by Kara Romero alongside friend and collaborator Brayton Carter otherwise known as ‘Bellows’ from the rap group ‘Orion’, the pair became close friends after he was hired to DJ a birthday celebration for Kara back in 2019 prior to the groups breakthrough in 2020. The track was originally released on 11 June, 2022 and peaked at number one on the Weekly Airplay Singles Charts, marking Kara’s very first number one single. The latest version of the track was produced by Kara alongside Bellows and the other two members of Orion in Boa and Circuit and features two additional rap verses from the Orion member ‘Bellows’. The track was recorded at Basement Studios in Brooklyn, New York and is set to be released on 26th June, 2022 through Just Record and Dahlhouse Entertainment. It will serve as the lead single from Kara Romero’s upcoming sophomore studio album which is expected later in the year and this latest single will be made available via Digital Download, Worldwide Streaming, Weekly Airplay as a 12” Single and as a CD Single both limited to just 500 copies.

Song Description;

The song begins with a repeated dreamwave-esque keyboard sound with a soft drumming beat heard faintly in the background, it’s not long before the opening lyrics are delivered by Kara in a smooth RnB vocal style which allows her to really give the theme and feeling of the song from the very outset as she sings over the RnB tinged music, “I know we never liked to label things/But all the signs seemed to indicate that we were something/I kinda thought we were good/Thought we were just trying to avoid the word love/Just so shit wouldn’t get complicated/We fucked almost every night that you were in my home.” which immediately give the tone of the track, despite her softly spoken delivery it’s clear that there’s an anger and frustration coming from the lyrical content as she sings about an understanding of both people not wanting to put a label on the relationship at the risk of ruining a good thing, despite all the evidence pointing clearly to the fact that they were indeed something.

The music continues in a similar vein as we progress to the chorus early on, the speed of the backing music has increased slightly as she switches up tone slightly to deliver another RnB tinged vocal delivery but this time with a little more assertiveness and anger in the tone, giving the feeling that we’re hearing her side of the argument, “Don’t even try to tell me that I should have seen the signs/When there wasn’t a single signpost/Don’t try to tell me that I should have read the signs/There wasn’t a single signpost/I guess I was the one/That was played the most.” and this gives us the very message of the track, drenched in confusion and skirting around the idea of saying what you truly feel, leaving one person comfortable and the other confused in a situation. The tone shift in vocal delivery matches the lyrical content as we delve deeper into the breakdown of a relationship.

The pace switches up completely as the chorus ends, the modern day RnB tone of the backing music fades out and we’re given a very beat heavy sound, drums and a bass highlighting this section of the track and as the music changes the vocal delivery does so too as Kara moves into full assertiveness as she jumps on the beat and delivers a rap verse that highlights the frustration and anger that lingers beyond the surface, “For all intents and purposes, we were together/You can try to manipulate the situation/Keep saying we ain’t had that conversation/But actions speak louder/Everybody could fucking see it/We were exclusive in every fucking way/You were with me almost every god damn day/It’s just something we didn’t wanna say/Because we’ve seen how once it’s said you ain’t ever truly get that magic back/You can call me naïve/But I won’t take that personal attack/You can come around here/Trying to make amends/But I won’t fall for that bullshit/Just so we can fuck again.” and it’s clear that the tender RnB vocal style is linked to the idea of her trying to understand and rationalise the hurt that she feels and the rap vocal delivery is her allowing herself to be angry.

The beat increases slightly to accommodate the inclusion of Bellows with a slightly more aggressive beat drop on this version of the track, “Nah, listen to me now/What we had was real fuckin good/But you’re the one that kept on saying that you don’t want feelings to fuck this up/You seemed happy to keep serving me pussy/Like you out here serving looks/Always screaming out how much you love this dick/But never about how much you love us.” he takes a break for a few seconds to let his opening delivery sink in before he continues, “I know we used to hang/Cause you always felt like one of us/Smoking blunts/Ya’ll were always down to fuck/Relentless on that pussy shit I thought that was all you wanted/Bouncing on it like a trampoline/You never disappointed/But I ain’t had you down for the feelings type/Ya’ll never pressed in close on those long fucking winter nights/You kept it superficial for the longest fuckin’ time/How am I supposed to know this shit?/I ain’t got the ability to read your fucking mind/Truth be told/I thought you were only in this for a good time/If it ain’t too bold/I felt pretty empty after I came inside.” and it does exactly what was set out by Bellows, to deliver another side to the story as he delivers a verse that shows the situation from his side of a relationship that to him felt a little cold and empty, essentially giving the audience the opportunity to decide for themselves.

The music switches back as we return to the songs chorus, “Don’t even try to tell me that I should have seen the signs/When there wasn’t a single signpost/Don’t try to tell me that I should have read the signs/There wasn’t a single signpost/I guess I was the one/That was played the most.” but this time is accompanied by a bridge which continues in that softer RnB delivery but with the lyrical content continuing in the assertive nature of the rap verse as she sings, “I’ve seen this shit happen before/But didn’t think I’d be the one to fall for it/Didn’t think that was your MO/But I should have fucking known it/Shouldn’t have been so trustin’.” we’re given the songs chorus once more before we move into the final section of the song.

The final section begins with Bellows as he delivers one final verse, essentially acting as his final argument before leaving the decision with the audience to decide which side of the relationship they fall into, he effortlessly drops in on the beat with this verse as delivers his final statement, “I don’t think you can pin this on me fully/Whenever I’d bring up the topic you’d just say “we’re having fun, aren’t we?”/I think it’s bold of you to think that I couldn’t love you/If you’d have opened up/I really think I fucking could do/But I ain’t gonna complain if all you wanna do is fuck/But just know I can get it elsewhere/With a little more love/So I’mma fuck around for a bit/Until you grow the fuck up/Maybe somewhere down the road/There may be a destination for us/But until then I’ll just put my deuces up/And say the pussy was good.” and with that we move into the final verse, to be delivered by Kara.

The track switches tone again as we head into another rap verse, the softness making way for the drum heavy and faster paced verse as Kara moves into rap mode once more, “But you know me enough to know that once you’re out/You ain’t ever getting back in/I can be stubborn as fuck when I need to be/I know you keep calling me to talk/To try to smooth this shit over/But I can’t tolerate you loving me, when you’re fuckin’ wit another/It hurts inside/But I’ll keep my emotions undercover/Give me a moment to hurt/And then I’ll get over this/I’m strong enough to move past this shit/I take it as a lesson/To help me grow stronger.” and the internal calmness at accepting that she’s essentially done now, and that she’s said what she needed to say and let out whatever anger was needed to be let out is followed by one final return to the RnB vibe as she sings the songs chorus once more to play it out.

“Signpost” (feat. Bellows)
Written by Kara Romero, Brayton “Bellows” Carter
Produced by Kara Romero, Orion

“I know we never liked to label things
But all the signs seemed to indicate that we were something
I kinda thought we were good
Thought we were just trying to avoid the word love
Just so shit wouldn’t get complicated
We fucked almost every night that you were in my home

Don’t even try to tell me that I should have seen the signs
When there wasn’t a single signpost
Don’t try to tell me that I should have read the signs
There wasn’t a single signpost
I guess I was the one
That was played the most

For all intents and purposes, we were together
You can try to manipulate the situation
Keep saying we ain’t had that conversation
But actions speak louder
Everybody could fucking see it
We were exclusive in every fucking way
You were with me almost every god damn day
It’s just something we didn’t wanna say
Because we’ve seen how once it’s said you ain’t ever truly get that magic back
You can call me naïve
But I won’t take that personal attack
You can come around here
Trying to make amends
But I won’t fall for that bullshit
Just so we can fuck again

(Bellows)
Nah, listen to me now
What we had was real fuckin good
But you’re the one that kept on saying that you don’t want feelings to fuck this up
You seemed happy to keep serving me pussy
Like you out here serving looks
Always screaming out how much you love this dick
But never about how much you love us
I know we used to hang
Cause you always felt like one of us
Smoking blunts
Ya’ll were always down to fuck
Relentless on that pussy shit I thought that was all you wanted
Bouncing on it like a trampoline
You never disappointed
But I ain’t had you down for the feelings type
Ya’ll never pressed in close on those long fucking winter nights
You kept it superficial for the longest fuckin’ time
How am I supposed to know this shit?
I ain’t got the ability to read your fucking mind
Truth be told
I thought you were only in this for a good time
If it ain’t too bold
I felt pretty empty after I came inside

I guess I was the one
That was played the most

I’ve seen this shit happen before
But didn’t think I’d be the one to fall for it
Didn’t think that was your MO
But I should have fucking known it
Shouldn’t have been so trustin’

I guess I was the one
That was played the most

(Bellows)
I don’t think you can pin this on me fully
Whenever I’d bring up the topic you’d just say “we’re having fun, aren’t we?”
I think it’s bold of you to think that I couldn’t love you
If you’d have opened up
I really think I fucking could do
But I ain’t gonna complain if all you wanna do is fuck
But just know I can get it elsewhere
With a little more love
So I’mma fuck around for a bit
Until you grow the fuck up
Maybe somewhere down the road
There may be a destination for us
But until then I’ll just put my deuces up
And say the pussy was good

But you know me enough to know that once you’re out
You ain’t ever getting back in
I can be stubborn as fuck when I need to be
I know you keep calling me to talk
To try to smooth this shit over
But I can’t tolerate you loving me, when you’re fuckin’ wit another
It hurts inside
But I’ll keep my emotions undercover
Give me a moment to hurt
And then I’ll get over this
I’m strong enough to move past this shit
I take it as a lesson
To help me grow stronger

I guess I was the one
That was played the most”

Sound Alike;

Kehlani – “Serial Lover”

Credits & Personnel;

CREDITS

Produced Kara Romero and Orion
Engineered by Jadyn Ghalen, Brayton Carter
Mixed by Kara Romero, Brayton Carter
Recorded at Basement Studios, Brooklyn, New York, USA

PERSONNEL

Kara Romero – vocals, lyrics, composition, production, mixing
Brayton “Bellows” Carter – vocals, lyrics, production, engineering, mixing
Jadyn Ghalen – production, engineering
Jamal Ghalen – production
Ignacio Santos – composition, bass, programming
Augustine Francis – drums, percussion
Rebecca Lowell – photography, art direction
thanks 7 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
2001clay on 26/06/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 26/06/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/06/2022(UTC), freestylechamp on 26/06/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/06/2022(UTC), erich hess on 08/07/2022(UTC), kandii on 10/07/2022(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#2 Posted : 26 June 2022 16:45:11(UTC)
2001clay

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Tika Mays: I love your voice it has that smooth creamy tone of your and love that you feature Bellows to the song. Overall I think I might need some drink while I’m listening to your song!

Marianne: Oh wow I didn’t know Bellows could turn up the heat already! Alright so original is perfect but the remix oh my god perfect all the way Yass

Occ: I love it
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 27/06/2022(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 03 July 2022 05:37:36(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Billy: Dustyn was spamming me with links to the original version like I wasn't already all over that shit. Huge fan of that original record as well as your back catalogue. I'm loving this remix as well. Everyone knows how much I champion Orion so Bellows is a much welcomed addition. Love how the track skirts an odd line between horny and tragic. Some filthy lines in here against some gut-wrenching realisations. Perfect combination and I'm always a fan of when time and effort has gone into a remix and not just a random verse shoehorned in at the eleventh hour. Wonderful track.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 07/07/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 08 July 2022 18:08:53(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Tika Mays: I love your voice it has that smooth creamy tone of your and love that you feature Bellows to the song. Overall I think I might need some drink while I’m listening to your song!

Marianne: Oh wow I didn’t know Bellows could turn up the heat already! Alright so original is perfect but the remix oh my god perfect all the way Yass

Occ: I love it

Kara: Thanks sis, it's a pretty intense song if you've lived that sort of thing before. Drinking is often recommended when listening to my music. Glad you liked the track, much love!

Bellows: Yo Marianne, appreciate the love! Just felt right to jump on the track and give it another take!

OOC: Thanks!
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 08 July 2022 18:17:35(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Billy: Dustyn was spamming me with links to the original version like I wasn't already all over that shit. Huge fan of that original record as well as your back catalogue. I'm loving this remix as well. Everyone knows how much I champion Orion so Bellows is a much welcomed addition. Love how the track skirts an odd line between horny and tragic. Some filthy lines in here against some gut-wrenching realisations. Perfect combination and I'm always a fan of when time and effort has gone into a remix and not just a random verse shoehorned in at the eleventh hour. Wonderful track.

Kara: Thanks man, appreciate all the love that you and Dustyn have showed over the years, really means a lot! The remix idea came through naturally in the studio rather than it being a requirement from executives so it was only ever going to be released if it added another dimension to the original which I like to think that it did. Bellows changed the whole tone of the song when he hopped on, don't get it twisted he's got that dirty side to him just as much as the rest of us and from my experience horny and tragic intertwine a lot more than you'd expect. I like that the track can be seen as a song about fucking but also gut-wrenchingly real. I actually love that concept as an idea. Again, thanks for the love!
Offline Famouss7x7  
#6 Posted : 14 July 2022 11:12:04(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Damn you SNAPPED. Your descriptions are to die for. I love to read through them, each so unique to the other and really gives a background of the premise to the song and it's sound. Really good job, I love the original but adding Bellows was a nice touch as well. So consistently excellent. Nice work!! :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

thanks 1 user thanked Famouss7x7 for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 15/07/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 16 July 2022 16:39:23(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Famouss7x7 Go to Quoted Post
OOC: Damn you SNAPPED. Your descriptions are to die for. I love to read through them, each so unique to the other and really gives a background of the premise to the song and it's sound. Really good job, I love the original but adding Bellows was a nice touch as well. So consistently excellent. Nice work!! :)

OOC: Thanks, I say it a lot but the further that I dive into this type of music the more I'm finding that I'm enjoying it and becoming more and more fascinated by it. It sometimes feels like a million miles from my comfort zone but as always hopefully it feels slightly authentic to the genre because I'm by no means an expert. Glad that you enjoy it, hopefully many more to come! :)