logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 27 July 2022 09:17:11(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3970 time(s) in 1355 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Makes You Lonely (Never Give Up)
Length: 3:39
Genre(s): Indie-Rock, Indie-Pop, Alternative Pop
Label: Ruff Round Records
Written By: Malik Jarvez
Produced By: Fredrik Sonefors, Martin Bjelke
Taken From: Falling Into Place

“Make You Lonely (Never Give Up)” is the third single by Puerto-Rican American singer Malik Jarvez, it is the follow up to his two hugely successful singles “I Got It Now” and “Ex In My Bed”. “Makes You Lonely (Never Give Up)”. Also serves as the third single to be taken from his debut studio album. “Falling Into Place” which is set for release towards the end of 2022. “Makes You Lonely (Never Gives Up)” follows on the lines of his previous single “Ex In My Bed”. The track was written by Malik Jarvez himself and was produced by Fredrik Sonefors, Martin Bjelke the same two men responsible for the production of his previous single. Musically the track has a more rock sound and vibe than his two prior single so fans are really getting a true insight and understanding of what his album as a whole is likely going to sound like. Lyrically the track discusses the loss of someone special weather that be a lover, a loved one or a friend it is unclear but could be related to all three which makes the track just like his previous singles very relatable.

Upon its release “Makes You Lonely (Never Give Up) received mixed reviews from critics with many of them claiming that despite his last single going to #1 that this track was his most adventurous yet, but also his most non-pop offering so far. Leslie Maxwell for 4Music wrote in her review, “This songs production is gritty and a lot more rock oriented that his previous efforts but I feel like personally looking at him, deep down you know that he has a more rock/indie vibe and has tried to go the pop route to try and get his foot in the door, but this track plays more on his true sound that we could possibly see from a second album from him, if we get one”. Max Allred wrote in his review. “Man this guy is just getting better and better, he can be that hit pop boy and then make it dark and rocky with a track like this one, is there nothing he can’t do, I do fear that this song may not resonate with fans of his last two singles as this is far more on the alternative/rock side rather than a pop sound so could struggle in the charts but if his fans are loyal then he shouldn’t have an issue. Macy Green wrote in her review. “Who commissioned this track sure its has a nice rock vibe but seriously that is all it has going for it, lyrically the song is lackluster, the production is good but not Pop enough for his fans to get it, honestly this could be a blemish on what had been a stellar few hits for this young man. Disappointed by this one”. Jamie for NME wrote. “Ya know what this is first offering I have paid attention to, it’s dark, it’s gritty and has a rock vibe which in my opinion his voice was made for, what is there not to like plus he looks like a rocker at heart and a hot one at that so I am here for this one hopefully he has a few more rock oriented tracks on his album, I am low hoping for a full rock based second album from his young man.”

Lyrics

I wake up again at night
And I can start to cry
I think that fits
But ask me how can that be
Remember times
Remember you
And once I was alone
I knew yes she was thinking of me

That feeling of warmth
I miss that feeling
Because for me there was only one
She was the only one that matters

I wish for the time back
Because you only live once
I'll write this song for you
Because when I think I am lonely
Never give up, no don't give up
Because your life goes on
Nostalgia is good though
Just thinking makes you lonely

I go out and meet people
Everyone was a stranger at one point or another
You never know who will be important
Hope for a happy ending

Miss this warmth
Somehow we are all the same
Looking for the one
Emotions make us get bullied
No matter what you do
Who meets determines the time
and yes I think a lot
But know that someone stays lonely

I wish for the time back
So I'll write this song for you
Nostalgia is good though

I wish for the time back
So I'll write this song for you
Nostalgia is good though

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 27/07/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 27/07/2022(UTC), freestylechamp on 27/07/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 28/07/2022(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 28/07/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 28/07/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 02/08/2022(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#2 Posted : 27 July 2022 09:55:47(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3572 time(s) in 1279 post(s)
David Dankworth: I didn't know you would gone from pop to pop-rock so hey honest i love this song so good on you

Mr DJ Hurricane: Ayo this is why i signed you cause you my boy have the potential 4 shure! They ain't ready for this shit cause when that album drop everyone gonna know what's up!
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 29/07/2022(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 29 July 2022 04:06:43(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19202 time(s) in 7631 post(s)
Oscar: Absolutely adore the production on this track. Heard it on the radio this morning and had no idea it was yourself. You're pulling something new out of the bag each time and I really admire that. You're one of the freshest, most exciting new acts to arrive in recent times. Wonderful work here. It's my favourite of the three thus far and I look forward to hearing what else you have in store. I know for a fact you have many more tricks up your sleeve. Wishing you all the best!
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 29/07/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 30 July 2022 17:01:39(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8625 time(s) in 2703 post(s)
Ashford York: Malik, you're on a roll right now, my friend and it's beautiful to see. I think this style fits very well, the pop genre alone is a rather crowded place, I think it's good to have something that sets you apart and your vocals have a brooding rasp that gives it that edge. I think this is a very strong track, I like that the lyrics are relatively open ended and you can attach a lot of your own situation to the song, I think that's the mark of a very good song. I'm definitely looking forward to the album if this is an indication of the direction, even greater things coming. I'm sure! Great work as always!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 30/07/2022(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#5 Posted : 30 July 2022 18:28:29(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3970 time(s) in 1355 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
David Dankworth: I didn't know you would gone from pop to pop-rock so hey honest i love this song so good on you

Mr DJ Hurricane: Ayo this is why i signed you cause you my boy have the potential 4 shure! They ain't ready for this shit cause when that album drop everyone gonna know what's up!

Malik: Yeah David I feel like my voice quite suites a rocky vibe, so that is why this song came about so I am glad you like it!

Malik: I honestly am both excited and nervous for the album but I cannot wait to get it out there because I am so proud of it!

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Oscar: Absolutely adore the production on this track. Heard it on the radio this morning and had no idea it was yourself. You're pulling something new out of the bag each time and I really admire that. You're one of the freshest, most exciting new acts to arrive in recent times. Wonderful work here. It's my favourite of the three thus far and I look forward to hearing what else you have in store. I know for a fact you have many more tricks up your sleeve. Wishing you all the best!

Malik: My god man thank you so much for the kind words, yeah I feel like my album as a whole has something for everyone to enjoy I am glad you are loving this track!

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Ashford York: Malik, you're on a roll right now, my friend and it's beautiful to see. I think this style fits very well, the pop genre alone is a rather crowded place, I think it's good to have something that sets you apart and your vocals have a brooding rasp that gives it that edge. I think this is a very strong track, I like that the lyrics are relatively open ended and you can attach a lot of your own situation to the song, I think that's the mark of a very good song. I'm definitely looking forward to the album if this is an indication of the direction, even greater things coming. I'm sure! Great work as always!

Malik: Man thanks so much yeah I don’t know why but my voice has always had a really rich rasp, guess it makes it quite the fit for the more edgy rock sound I am glad that you are liking it!
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
2001clay on 30/07/2022(UTC)