logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 29 July 2022 17:38:46(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)

UserPostedImage
Single: Don't Ask ft. Drew Westbrook
Artist: Dae Ho Park
Label: Studio60 Records, Dahlhouse Entertainment
Release Date: July 29th, 2022
Genre: K-Pop, Trap
Written by: Drew Westbrook, Dae Ho Park
Produced by: DrewWB
Length: 4:01

Don't Ask is a song by the Korean artist, Dae Ho Park, featuring guest vocals from Drew Westbrook. The song was released on July 29th, 2022 by Studio60 Records with additional promotion from Dahlhouse Entertainment. Written by Drew Westbrook and Dae Ho Park, the song is reminiscent of Park's and Westbrook's 2015 joint mixtape "Quarter Notes N Shit" where the two artists sang and rapped about their love for music and the negativity it has introduced to their lives. Drew Westbrook has been a close friend of Dae Ho Park since before Dae's debut and the singer admits Drew Westbrook has had a big influence on the Korean artist's music. "He's my big bro." Dae comments. "I spent years in the studio with Drew Westbrook. He taught me how to write, how to ride a beat, how to carry myself as a Hollywood heartthrob, and how to fit in with the urban crowd. Eventually, I was pushed to return to my roots and make K-Pop music but I think what made me stand out in the genre are those Hip Hop techniques that were passed down to me."

Four minutes and one second long, Don't Ask is also produced by Drew Westbrook and fuses K-Pop and Hip Hop Trap music. Here, Dae Ho Park creates a sound that honors the Hip Hop/R&B music that had built the initial hype for his career. A lot is going on in this song's instrumental. The beat builds up and drops numerous times throughout the song, it's like a violent sea crashing back and forth from the dark intensity of Trap music to the energetic groove of K-Pop. Dae Ho Park's vocal performance is stellar here, his voice oozing through the soft introduction, showing off his higher register and then slipping back into a more nonchalant tone on the bouncy hook. The extended bridge is the highlight of this song, it's where the song completely breaks down and Dae Ho Park hits more angelic high notes over the old-school R&B-like acapella that features Drew Westbrook and Dae Ho Park harmonizing with each other.

The song's subject matter is obvious to anyone who's been following Dae Ho Park's life for the past few years. Though he is a successful artist with the potential to be one of the hugest pop stars this industry has seen, he is not an outgoing person and doesn't find much comfort in opening up to the strangers of the world. For a long time, he was known as the twin brother of Misu from the now disbanded mega-group, Mi•Mi. In 2014, he kicked off his acting career and became a fan favorite in the haunting HBO series, "Consequences". From there, he was pushed by his team to start taking music seriously, though he resisted for as long as he could. Still, even with little effort, he suddenly had multiple #1 singles under his belt and his #1 debut album, "Crash Course Dummy", is considered one of the biggest records from a male K-Pop artist to date. However, as soon as he fulfilled his contractual obligations with his management and his label, Dae Ho Park slipped right out of the spotlight by choice, refusing to promote his album and making very few public appearances.

Around this time, he also began to date the modern-day superstar, Joshua Grimmie. Though their connection is well received by fans and thought to be full of love, the beginning of Joshua Grimmie's and Dae Ho Park's relationship was clouded with drama. Joshua and his ex-boyfriend Johnny Carter had a very public breakup and exchanged a lot of words and songs over the years. Dae Ho Park has always been one to stay quiet and out of the way while the world around him burns. Joshua Grimmie, unfortunately, lost his sister Ashley Grimmie to a drug overdose. Not even that long after, Joshua's lifelong battle with mental health and drug addiction caught up with him as news broke of a heroin overdose causing his organs to fail. He spent a lot of time in the hospital and rehab once he recovered and not even once did Dae Ho Park make a public statement or interact with questioning fans. Don't Ask seems to be his delayed response, plainly telling fans to never ask him anything about his personal life.

(OOC: somewhere in between these two mixes like if I could take the best parts and mash em together I would)

Dae Ho Park
Drew Westbrook
Both

You sound like a spy
You sound like you work for the FBI
When I see through the disguise
I lie
Can't trust a thing I say
I won't help you build your case
Wrong guy
Pray all the rats die in vain

If you're wondering about my boyfriend, DON'T ASK ME
If you're wondering about my twin, DON'T ASK ME
She wants to get to know me, I can't give that out for free
If you're wondering about anything, DON'T ASK ME

(Please don't ask)
(Snoop too hard, that's your ass)
(Please don't ask)

They in my mentions, asking for opinions
They wanna know what it is, what it isn't
Can't even explain, I don't know why I did it
Tell a campfire story but with all the Holes in it
All the hoes winning cus I make it rain the lottery
She want me to massage her BBL, I love pottery
Gotta keep her round, she from the hood, she'onn tattle
The real stay down and the fake snakes rattle

Who, what, where?
I wasn't even there
Unsatisfied with my answers
What would you like to hear?
Loyalty
My tongue stays behind my teeth
Won't get a peep out of me
Not even a tweet

If you're wondering about anything, DON'T ASK ME

(Please don't ask)
(Please don't ask)

Don't you know the opps lurking?
The paps need a story, they wanna see me swirling
Praying on my downfall so the pot, they all always stirring
Man, I ain't Jamaican but I keep these chickens jerking
I think it get em off every time they hear I fuck up
I fall off, brush it off like "SO WHAT?"
Bread the bare minimum, get them goals up
And if you wanna protect your plans, keep ya mouth shut

Who, what, where?
I wasn't even there
Never satisfied with my answers
What would you like to hear?
Loyalty
My tongue stays behind my teeth
Won't get a peep out of me
Not even a tweet

Don't ask me for info
Don't ask me for info
Don't ask me for info

Don't ask me for shiiiiiii
Don't ask me, I don't know

It's like every time something happens
They run into my mentions, asking
No clarity for the masses
Do I look like the Snitch Captain?
This is my real life
And I don't let everyone inside
They always wanna know too much
They're always asking too much

Dum, dum, dum, dum, dum, dum, dum, dum

Are you a spy?
Do you work for the FBI?
When I see through the disguise
That's when I start to lie
Can't trust a thing I say
I won't help you build your case
Wrong guy
I pray all the rats die

If you're wondering about anything, DON"T ASK ME
thanks 10 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
2001clay on 29/07/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 29/07/2022(UTC), erich hess on 29/07/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 29/07/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 29/07/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 29/07/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 30/07/2022(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 01/08/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 12/08/2022(UTC), RadioVine on 24/08/2022(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 29 July 2022 22:40:48(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17954 time(s) in 10435 post(s)
Erica: we all need someone like dae. Someone who can keep their mouth shut.

Nina: I need to meet someone like that

Erica: what? I'm right here.

Nina: you? You couldn't keep a secret if your life depended on it,love.

Erica: what? I keep all sorts of secrets in my adorable little head.

Nina: yeh? Like what?

Erica: like i know for a FACT that - you almost got me. *Finger guns.*
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
kandii on 30/07/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 30 July 2022 17:14:49(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8625 time(s) in 2703 post(s)
Bada$$ Morales: Be still, my heart. Dae and Drew on the track once more, this is not a fucking drill! Yo, the K-Pop and Trap combination is pure fire, like an adrenaline shot straight to your veins. You created legacy shit together in the past, that's a mixtape that won't ever drop outta rotation for me. Just something about this combination works, although I'm on board for any of the shit that Drew delivers, period. All the obvious things you expect to be there are there, lyrics, vocals, production all on point but it's the minor details that push this shit over the edge. Ya can't relax for a second, beats building and falling in, keeping a bitch on her toes and the switch in the music from dramatic and intense to a fucking HOOK just floors me on every listen.

I can't ... this chica needs a moment!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
kandii on 31/07/2022(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#4 Posted : 04 August 2022 13:15:30(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19202 time(s) in 7631 post(s)
Joshua: This is just sensational, my darling. Not just saying that to be a good partner and blow smoke up your ass. In the many, many years I've known you, I've always been aware of the special bond you and Drew share. Personally, it's brotherly. Professionally, it's magical. Whenever you two create, the outcome is always spectacular and I think this is the pinnacle thus far. The fusion of K-Pop and Trap, the harmonies, the biting lyricism, the chaos of what should be two contrasting genres seemingly bouncing around together perfectly, that VOICE of yours! I adore it. Wonderful work, my love. Drew can get some love too. We're all friends here. Oh and thanks for not spilling my darkest secrets to world. I believe I only have a few shreds up dignity left and it's you who's managed to salvage them ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
kandii on 04/08/2022(UTC)