logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 03 September 2022 02:36:15(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)

UserPostedImage
Single: NakedScaredFree
Artist: Coke
Label: Big Diamond Records, Dahlhouse Entertainment
Release Date: September 2nd, 2022
Genre: Dream Pop, EDM
Written by: Airemese Nicole Smith, Mi Sun Kim
Produced by: GogoGigi
Length: 3:21

NakedScaredFree is a song by singer-songwriter Airemese Nicole Smith from her third studio album, DNR. The single version differs greatly from the album version, featuring a dance mix from Electro-pop female producer Giovanni Gigante, also known as GoGoGigi, who is the newest addition to the Dahlhouse production team. Released on September 2nd, 2022 by Big Diamond Records with additional promotion from Dahlhouse Entertainment, the GogoGigi mix no longer features the standout electronic guitar solo from inZane which serves as one of the instrumental highlights on the album. Instead, GogoGigi takes the song on a Dream Pop adventure rearranging the track so that it gives the power pop chords a chance to shine while the classic beat drop brings the track together. Written by Airemese "Coke" Smith with the help of Mi Sun Kim, the lyrics do not appear to be altered much from the album version, the remix cutting out some of the bridge but still incorporating edited samples of it throughout the song. The rendition of the track is much shorter than the original at three minutes and twenty seconds long which makes it perfect for radio.

Coke wrote:
"NakedScaredFree was actually inspired by something one of my favorite sidereal astrologists said to me. She does divination for liberation. I was attending one of her world-class seminars and she said, 'Humans come out of the womb only knowing how to cry. This makes crying one of the most important tools humans will ever have.' Powerful words. I think when we talk about how bad the state of the world is, we overlook the part that we all play in it. It all starts in the body. Literally, you can feel when something is going wrong and our first instinct is to cry out for help and let each other know there's something wrong. For some reason though, we talk ourselves out of it, we feel ashamed to need each other and look at others crazy when they need us. We are social beings, we can't accomplish anything on this earth without the ability to listen to each other. When we ignore the cries of those around us, we fail the entire human species. The same stands for ignoring ourselves. Listening to each other ultimately means we have to learn to listen to ourselves. We have to stop telling our bodies to suck it up and stop telling our friends to get over it. We have to release the war cry and tell each other what we really need to make living an easier thing for us to do. It's the only way the human race will survive."

Coke

Don't keep it all to yourself..
Don't keep it all to yourself..

Crybaby cry, I finally see
Stay in your body
Every escape makes you wander too far
Rather be somebody else than accept who you are

(You can lean on me)

I talk in circles, can't say what I need
I walk for miles, no place can rescue me
Spent all my life learning these useless things
How do I feel better?

We all come into this world the same

(Naked, scared and free)
Let them fall, this is a safe space
(Naked, scared and free)
Think!
What comes naturally?
It was your first sign of life, bet it could save your life
When's the last time you cried?

Don't keep it all to yourself
First thing we learn how to do is cry for help

Your mind will trick you, blind your eyes
Someone's always there and you don't realize
At war with yourself, call on your allies
Learn to ask for help even after you're denied

(You can lean on me)

I talk in circles, can't say what I need
I walk for miles, no place can rescue me
Spent all my life learning these useless things
How do I feel better?

Think!
What comes naturally?

Lean on me
Together is where we should be
Take my hand
We can live just like we planned

(Naked, scared and free)
(Naked, scared and free)
Think!
What comes naturally?

UserPostedImage
Single: Crybaby, Cry
Artist: Coke
Label: Big Diamond Records, Studio60 Records, Dahlhouse Entertainment
Release Date: September 2nd, 2022
Genre: Nightcore, PBR&B
Written by: Airemese Nicole Smith
Produced by: FancyN
Length: 2:57

Crybaby, Cry is a song by singer-songwriter Airemese Nicole Smith from her debut studio album, Dans Ta Tête (French Translation: "In Your Head"). The debut album was released in 2016 but was neglected by Coke and her team post-release due to an unknown hacker leaking the album before it was ready. Heavily referenced in Coke's 2022 track, NakedScaredFree, Crybaby, Cry was unconventionally chosen to serve as the B-side to NakedScaredFree and re-released on September 2nd, 2022 by Big Diamond Records, Studio 60 Records and Dahlhouse Entertainment over 6 years after it appeared on Coke's first album. Written by Airemese Nicole Smith and produced by Hip Hop/R&B producer, FancyN, for years the song served as a standout track on Dans Ta Tête and was regarded as one of Coke's personal favorites from her discography.

Initially, Crybaby, Cry was a PRB&B song full of snaps, a hard-hitting bass, and a series of synths that sets the track into a daze. Today, it still contains those elements but is now a Nightcore track. Nightcore is a style of electronic music in which producers speed up the tempo and raise the pitch of existing music, usually other electronic music but sometimes pop or rock songs. It is not common that the same is done to R&B tracks but Coke and her team are known for their artistic innovation and backwards thinking. Now pitched higher, Coke's soft voice fades in and out of the track as she torments herself with the lyrics, calling herself a 'crybaby' and claiming that the problem isn't that she's weak, it's that she'd rather play the blame game than take action. "Crybaby, step back/Crybaby, look up" Coke sings, telling herself to look at the bigger picture and see that she's going nowhere fast while she waits on the world to give her what she should be giving herself, which is love. She reminds herself that even though they're young, they won't be young for long and, just like that, the song takes a dramatic turn, the beat going harder and the synths getting louder as Coke scolds herself, saying over and over, "This shit is getting old/Your shit is getting so so old". The earlier track is the complete opposite of the message Coke is trying to spread now with her single, NakedScaredFree and the juxtaposition of the tracks are intentional. Here, Coke shows how much she's emotionally matured over the years by finally allowing herself to feel.

Coke wrote:
"Crybaby, Cry still stands as one of my favorite songs that I've ever written. I go back to it often and have always dreamed of one day giving the song the attention that it deserves. When I mentioned the song in the first verse of NakedScaredFree I knew my real fans would know exactly what I was talking about but still, that wasn't enough. Releasing a more manic version of Crybaby, Cry alongside my new single was a last-minute decision but honestly is one of the best decisions I've made. With these songs standing next to each other, people can truly see the evolution of Coke. Musically, lyrically and emotionally. I'm not exactly the same person who wrote those words so long ago but I feel for her and am so proud of how far she's come. "

Coke

Ne pas essayer
Crybaby, cry until all those tears start to run dry
Crybaby, cry until someone else gets it right
Crybaby, so blue, how could they not love you?
Boo hoo hoo hoo
Crybaby, step back
Crybaby, look up
You'd be surprised what you find
The sky
It moves around revolving for the sun
And while you cry the whole world just carries on
You better get a move on while you're young
I get that you're still young..

But your shit is getting old
Your shit is getting so so old
I get that you're still young
So so old
This shit is getting old
So so old
This shit is getting old
So so old
This shit is getting so so old
Your shit is getting old

Ne pas essayer
Crybaby, cry until they come to wipe it all up
Crybaby, cry, it's their fault you don't know self-love
Crybaby so red ooh, they just don't get you
Boo hoo hoo hoo
Too bad the world doesn't revolve 'round hoes
While you cry the show, it still goes on
You better get a move on while you're young

So so old
This shit is getting old
So so old
This shit is getting old
So so old
Your shit is getting old

Ne pas essayer
Crybaby, cry, soon you'll see that it just don't help
Crybaby, cry, try and pry your way out of this hell
You should know better by now that you're all on your own
If you think Crybabies survive, you're thinking wrong
You're losing ground, dissolving into waste
Toxic acids pouring from your face
You keep this up, you're gonna die young

(I get that you're still young)
So so old
This shit is getting old
(I get that you're still young!)
So so old
This shit is getting old
So so old
Your shit is getting old
Old

Edited by user 04 September 2022 01:12:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 8 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
2001clay on 03/09/2022(UTC), erich hess on 03/09/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 03/09/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 03/09/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 03/09/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 05/09/2022(UTC), freestylechamp on 05/09/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 05/09/2022(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 04 September 2022 19:40:18(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Billy: I was scared at first when I noticed that these were being remixed for the single release. The originals are perfection and I feared that you were going all oontz oontz and bleep bloop for the demonic twinks. Should never have doubted you because, as always, you pulled it out of the bag. These go the fuck OFF! They definitely elevate the original tracks. Adds a whole other, much welcomed layer to the songs. Especially love the NakedScaredFree remix. All the 10s and awards for that cover art too!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
kandii on 04/09/2022(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 20 September 2022 19:44:51(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Kara: You already know how much respect I have for you, watching you and your sis work up close on this tour has been a fuckin' education. The way that you're involved in every tiny detail of your career is insane. You can have all this shit going on around you in your day to day and you can also drop hits like this on a fuckin' dime. Delivering an alternative version of "NakedScaredFree" as the single is fuckin' genius to me. Those lyrics with the EDM backdrop is a total fuckin' vibe for me right now and delivering that track with a remix of an older song with "Crybaby, Cry" is why your fanbase fuckin' adores you!

Also that artwork for "NakedScaredFree". Fuck! If ya'll and Kidd are looking for a third, hit a bitch up! 😜💦
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
kandii on 22/09/2022(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#4 Posted : 10 October 2022 02:56:20(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Damn girl! Both of these songs are vibes. Straight up quality work from top to bottom, especially in the lyrics. Even though I love both tracks, NakedScaredFree really takes the cake for me. It's hard to drop two songs at once without one overshadowing the other. But I must say, both of these songs really raise the bar and were perfect choices as singles. Wonderful job as usual :P
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO