logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 15 January 2023 15:33:32(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Drove Me Crazy
Length: 3.08
Genre(s): Nu metal, Hard rock, Pop, Avant-pop
Label: La Famila
Written By: Amy-Jayne
Produced By: Clarence Clarity, Jonathan Gilmore
Taken From The Album: Evolution

“Drove Me Crazy” is the second single lifted from American singer-songwriter Amy-Jayne’s yet to be released third studio album now rumoured to be called Evolution. The track is the follow up to her hugely successful comeback hit last year “I Don’t Mind” which reached #3 on the charts and saw Amy take a new more experimental direction with her music and “Drove Me Crazy” is know different. “Drove Me Crazy” was written by the 32 year-old herself and was produced by Clarence Clarity alongside Johnathan Gilmore with the former working exclusively with the singer on the entirety of her new album, so with this single and previous single being quite contrasting in sound it showcases the overall direction which her album is likely going to take.

The song showcases an array of genres that we have never seen from the singer before as the song is a Nu Metal, Hard Rock, Pop and Avant-Pop based track which sees the singer showcases her incredible vocal ability, lyrically the song talks about being crazy about a significant other and being somewhat obsessed. The track has a total runtime of just three minutes and eight seconds making it a much short track than the aforementioned lead single. “Drove Me Crazy” will be released worldwide on the 15th of January through La Familia and distributed to all major streaming services.

Critical reception to “Drove Me Crazy” has be mostly negative to mixed with many critics not quite understanding the sound direction taking with this new single. James Mackfall of DigitalSpy wrote in his review. “Okay so single #2, not quite sure about this one if I am honest this might be a bit too far out there for her fans to really get behind, like don’t get me wrong it’s a great song for an already established metal act, but for Amy this just seem so different”. Jenna Graham for NME wrote a favourable review of the track. “Come through Amy let out that inner bad bitch rock star out, this song has such an early Evanescence vibe and I am living for it, do I think it will confuse her fans yes, but will it bring a whole new audience to the singer absolutely and that surely can’t be a bad thing…solid 8/10”. Fabian Jose of Idolator also wrote a less than favourable review. “Colour me confused who’s idea was it to rebrand Amy as a rock/metal singer, I was confused by her last single and this one confuses me even more was this her managements decision or maybe Payton’s decision, this single could definitely be career suicide for Amy just when she was just making a comeback 2/10 for me can’t see this performing well.” Another positive review came from Johnny Carson who wrote in his hugely successful music blog. “Wow strangely I can vibe to this, this actually is catchy and punchy sure it’s totally different from what we are used to hearing but it’s a breath of fresh air to see Amy just enjoying her music and exploring so much with his new record, I STAN it! 9/10”. Gemma Khan also wrote a mixed review to the single. “Is this a great early 2000s sounding metal track absolutely, do I think this screams Amy-Jayne to me, absolutely not she’s known for big upbeat dancy bops and this is just so polar opposite to that, the one saving grace is that killer powerhouse voice that she possesses that still manages to punch through in this song, I’ll give it a 6/10 it’s would of had more success for an already big rock act but could struggle against the rest of Amy’s discography”.

Amy Talks “Drove Me Crazy” wrote:
So single #2 “Drove Me Crazy” I told you guys I was going to shock you with this album and ya girl wasn’t kidding, this honestly was such a fun track to create, it’s so different from anything I have anything I have ever released or recorded in the past and yes this could fail miserably but for me creating music is a form of art and I just wanted to have fun and enjoy myself making this album and this song was definitely one of those tracks, plus who doesn’t have that inner rock chick in them, I also feel like those this song does have a harsh sound to what is normal for me, if you pay attention to the lyrics the song is extremely relatable because who hasn’t been crazy about someone in their life, so single number 2 is out there I hope you enjoy this new side to me!

LYRICS

Now that I got a taste
I think that I'd suffocate
For every second that you aren't by my side
But now I'm stuck at the gate
Of Lucifer's estate

I fell in love with a boy I met in Hell
Thinking about all the things
The way you pull my strings
I love the way you turn me on
He ain't Hades but I'm the Queen
I'd do anything
So that I could take you home

He drove me, drove me crazy, yeahah

Ring around the rosie
Pocket full of posies
Imma fucking blow all the ashes down
Ring around the rosie
Pocket full of posies
Imma fucking go crazy for you now

Ring around the rosie
Pocket full of posies
Ring around the rosie
Pocket full of posies

Now that I got a taste
I'm gonna hallucinate
I think I am tripping off your love
Started playing your game
As you got me in a checkmate
Now you are the King and I am the pawn

Thinking about all the things
The way you pull my strings
I love the way you turn me on
You're the King so let me be your Queen
I'd do anything so that we could rule the world

Ring around the rosie
Pocket full of posies
Ring around the rosie
Pocket full of posies

Ring around the rosie
Pocket full of posies
Ring around the rosie
Pocket full of posies

Go crazy for you now
Blow all the ashes down

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
2001clay on 15/01/2023(UTC), C4AJoh on 15/01/2023(UTC), BrownSugar on 16/01/2023(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 16/01/2023(UTC), Welat65 on 17/01/2023(UTC), kandii on 18/06/2023(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 28 January 2023 00:34:35(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19114 time(s) in 7586 post(s)
Chicago Nobody: Loving the new direction you are taking with your music. Fuck any criticism that may come your way. Be the artist you want to be. The results are clearly showing with the success of this track. Looking forward to the album, Amy!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 28/01/2023(UTC)
Offline 2001clay  
#3 Posted : 28 January 2023 18:10:24(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3540 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Liam Russell: Yo i got mad respect for you girl cause you took it to the next level so well done!

Edited by user 28 January 2023 18:13:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 28/01/2023(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 30 January 2023 02:16:51(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8533 time(s) in 2672 post(s)
Ashford York: I did not expect this release from you. I didn't think your voice would fit this heavier type of sound, but any true blues voice has that grit and power within it, so I'm happy enough to concede defeat on this one. This is a very strong track, it's one of those songs that shakes your foundations when it comes on and I applaud such a different vibe. Brilliant stuff, looking forward to hearing more.
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 30/01/2023(UTC)
Online AmyJayneXoX  
#5 Posted : 30 January 2023 10:57:05(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3949 time(s) in 1347 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Chicago Nobody: Loving the new direction you are taking with your music. Fuck any criticism that may come your way. Be the artist you want to be. The results are clearly showing with the success of this track. Looking forward to the album, Amy!

Amy-Jayne: Believe me I always take what critics say with a pinch of salt I don’t make music to be rich and famous I make music because I love it and want that creativity, I hope you enjoy the full album!

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Liam Russell: Yo i got mad respect for you girl cause you took it to the next level so well done!

Amy-Jayne: Thank you so much!

Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
Ashford York: I did not expect this release from you. I didn't think your voice would fit this heavier type of sound, but any true blues voice has that grit and power within it, so I'm happy enough to concede defeat on this one. This is a very strong track, it's one of those songs that shakes your foundations when it comes on and I applaud such a different vibe. Brilliant stuff, looking forward to hearing more.

Amy-Jayne: Yeah this album got me is the most out there and creative I have been so I am looking forward to the world hearing a new side to me, glad you are liking the track!

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
2001clay on 30/01/2023(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 18 June 2023 02:58:47(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
Allison: This is my favorite song of yours to date!!! OMg!!!! I knew you were talented when you made R&B and pop music but your rock music is giving me such a new perspective of your artistry! Bravoo