logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 21 June 2024 01:18:47(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8661 time(s) in 2716 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: “Love Dealer”
Artist: Younghood, Kara Romero
Release Date: June 20, 2024
Length: 5:03
Format: CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single, Weekly Airplay
Recorded: Basement Studios, Brooklyn, New York
Genre(s): Rap, Hip-Hop, RnB
Label: Just Record
Written: April 2024
Writer(s): Abella Diaz, Kara Romero, Younghood
Producer(s): Kara Romero, Younghood

“Love Dealer” is a song by Spanish-American artist ‘Kara Romero’ and rapper ‘Younghood’, taken as the lead single from an upcoming collaborative project between the two artists. The two have previously worked together on the track “DTF” taken from Kara’s sophomore studio album “Post-Traumatic” which featured ‘Younghood’ on the track, peaking at number two and eventually sowing the seeds for this latest effort between the pair. Following on from her recent studio effort “Post-Traumatic” and its subsequent world tour, Kara found herself looking for inspiration on her next move and her close friendship with ‘Younghood’ led to the two meeting up in New York to throw some ideas around in the studio together, before eventually realising that a collaborative partnership between the two beyond just a single could be a potential direction. They initially began working on the project around two weeks after the first ever Universal Music Awards in late March and quickly realised that they had enough ideas for a larger scale project, eventually leading them to set their sights on releasing a collaborative E.P together. An ideal scenario for both artists with Kara reluctant to go back into the studio to record another full-length solo album so soon after her previous effort and ‘Younghood’ looking to work on various projects to challenge himself throughout 2024, in a meeting of minds it became clear that the project would suit both artists.

Although little is known about the project, it’s rumoured that with the release of the lead single “Love Dealer” we will see information follow about the project, with confirmation on the Tracklisting and whether this is a one-time collaboration or something that could potentially continue throughout the years. The tentative title for the E.P is “The Bedroom Sessions” (Vol. I) which would suggest that it’s being left open to continue further down the line. It’s also in keeping with Kara’s previous solo E.P “The Therapy Sessions” (Vol. I). So the team up of Younghood and Kara Romero could be one that we could see often over the years. In the build-up to the singles release, both Younghood and Kara briefly spoke about the track with Younghood stating;
“This is a toxic place that a lot of people have been in. You don't know what kind of relationship you have with a person because there are boundaries and you want to cross them. That person that you like but emotions and feeling get tied up and you become obsessive, and jealous when it was supposed to be something less. It the right person wrong time.”
While Kara spoke about the creative process of the track, “Legit, this is the first one that we actually worked on and finished. I had the idea of the song and wanted it to blend a sort of RnB and Rap vibe. We brought my friend Abella Diaz into the studio sessions early on in the process and me and her wrote the hook and the chorus, kinda feeling this sort of chilled out, low-energy vibe. But I ain’t been one for big choruses and shit, but for this I wanted something that could get stuck in your head and I think we managed to get that part down. Nire (Younghood) stepped in and delivered his verse and his tone and delivery just took that shit to another level. Eventually I put a verse of my own to it, but we were gonna leave it with just the hook and chorus and his verse. I’m proud as fuck with the track, working with my girl Abella on the RnB vibe and it set the tone for working with Nire on this E.P. I think it’s a perfect representation of what we wanted to create with the project and I think we pulled it off.”

The track was written in April 2024 by Abella Diaz, Kara Romero and Younghood and was recorded and produced by Kara Romero and Younghood. “Love Dealer” was recorded at Basement Studios in Brooklyn, New York and will be released under ‘Just Record’. The track will be released on June 20, 2024 and will be made available via CD Single, Digital Download, 7” Single as well as being made available to Weekly Airplay and Worldwide Streaming.

Song Description;

The track begins with a soft low-fi drum beat with a little bass in the background giving the track an immediate chilled out RnB sort of vibe as Kara opens things up with the songs intro, sung in her smoothest RnB singing voice to kick things off, “Man, I wish we coulda talked more through all those times/Always hit a blunt to keep you off my mind/You’d say you fuck with me and you’d make me believe/I know I’d be feeling broken every time you’d leave/It was always my point of view that you couldn’t see/You’d always find a way to convince me/That we’d be better off as good friends or fuck buddies/But sometimes in this room it gets real lonely.” and immediately sets the tone of the track as quite laid back, chill out vibes.
She quickly continues into the songs hook, “Cocaine in my system and weed in my mind/Alcohol in my bloodstream to help me leave my fears behind/I have nightmares and thoughts get confused/I need my fix and my fix is you.”. She’s then joined by Younghood as the songs chorus kicks in, with the low-fi drum beat and bass combination given a little more energy with a slight increase in speed and some programming wizardry as they sing in harmony the brief chorus, “Love dealer, you’re my sweetheart/You’re the drug I’m needin’/So I don’t fall apart/Love dealer, you’re my sweetheart/You’re the drug I’m needin’/So I don’t fall apart.” the combination of vocals sung by the two predominantly rap artists shouldn’t work but does in this chilled out setting.

As we arrive at the opening verse from Younghood, the beats per minute increase and the bass sounds slightly more prominent as fires along perfectly in keeping with the slight tempo change but maintaining that chilled out vibe as he raps, “The hardest drug there is to overcome/The overdose/Feeling like you are on a forever run/Thinking that pain is fun/Trap in Stockholm, everyone is nice/It a syndrome where I try to be polite/Caring about you more than I do me/Pricing out things with an adding fee/Of bringing you with me/Being around you is a gift/I don’t take for granite/But I know you like marble tops better/Higher quality, and the feel when you lay on it/I think it perfect, that why I paid for it/I’m trying to play it cool, not desperate/Seeing you with a plus one, knowing we separate/Only bring dark thoughts, brings the mood down/Make me want to cut in, leaving no one else around.” which adds a little more energy and urgency to the track as it progresses before moving back into the songs hook and chorus combination once more.

Following the songs hook and chorus combination, the beats revert back to the slightly slower pace heard at the start as it’s Kara’s turn to deliver her verse and nail home the songs message about an addictive love in all of it’s glories, both good and bad, “I ain’t ever been one to fuck around with feeling/Until you’d come and go, you got me reeling/I’ve enjoyed other dick before but ain’t ever had a dick that does healing/You got that magic shit, that gets a bitch screaming/It ain’t ever been tough for us/Always on the same vibe when we link up/Feels like we always been pretty chill/I can count on you for good advice, I can count on you for a real good time/And fuck yeah, we ain’t ever felt the need to label this shit/We just come together when we both need a little of that dopamine hit/My therapist says I have addictive tendencies/I tell her I’m no addict/But every time you come around/I just gotta have it.” which is then followed by the songs hook and chorus combination once more before the song fades out to it’s end.

“Love Dealer”
(w. Abella Diaz, Kara Romero, Younghood)

Kara Romero
Younghood
Together

“Man, I wish we coulda talked more through all those times
Always hit a blunt to keep you off my mind
You’d say you fuck with me and you’d make me believe
I know I’d be feeling broken every time you’d leave
It was always my point of view that you couldn’t see
You’d always find a way to convince me
That we’d be better off as good friends or fuck buddies
But sometimes in this room it gets real lonely

Cocaine in my system and weed in my mind
Alcohol in my bloodstream to help me leave my fears behind
I have nightmares and thoughts get confused
I need my fix and my fix is you

Love dealer, you’re my sweetheart
You’re the drug I’m needin’
So I don’t fall apart
So I don’t fall apart

The hardest drug there is to overcome
The overdose
Feeling like you are on a forever run
Thinking that pain is fun
Trap in Stockholm, everyone is nice
It a syndrome where I try to be polite
Caring about you more than I do me
Pricing out things with an adding fee
Of bringing you with me
Being around you is a gift
I don’t take for granite
But I know you like marble tops better
Higher quality, and the feel when you lay on it
I think it perfect, that why I paid for it
I’m trying to play it cool, not desperate
Seeing you with a plus one, knowing we separate
Only bring dark thoughts, brings the mood down
Make me want to cut in, leaving no one else around

So I don’t fall apart
So I don’t fall apart

I ain’t ever been one to fuck around with feeling
Until you’d come and go, you got me reeling
I’ve enjoyed other dick before but ain’t ever had a dick that does healing
You got that magic shit, that gets a bitch screaming
It ain’t ever been tough for us
Always on the same vibe when we link up
Feels like we always been pretty chill
I can count on you for good advice, I can count on you for a real good time
And fuck yeah, we ain’t ever felt the need to label this shit
We just come together when we both need a little of that dopamine hit
My therapist says I have addictive tendencies
I tell her I’m no addict
But every time you come around
I just gotta have it

So I don’t fall apart
So I don’t fall apart”

Credits & Personnel;

CREDITS

Produced by Kara Romero, Younghood
Engineered by Younghood
Mixed by Younghood
Recorded at Basement Studios, Brooklyn, New York, USA

PERSONNEL

Kara Romero – vocals, lyrics, production
Younghood – vocals, lyrics, composition, programming, production, engineering, mixing
Abella Diaz - lyrics
thanks 6 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 21/06/2024(UTC), Head South Records on 21/06/2024(UTC), 2001clay on 22/06/2024(UTC), erich hess on 22/06/2024(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 23/06/2024(UTC), RadioVine on 15/07/2024(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#2 Posted : 22 June 2024 03:19:42(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19265 time(s) in 7664 post(s)
Billy: New Kara? New Young? Another collab? This is exactly what my soul would need if I had one. Absolutely love the lyricism on this. You both really pushed your pen game here. This is exactly how I enjoy my love songs; wrapped up in drugs and fuck buddy talk. The track isn't just a great vibe but there's a story running through that has me hooked. The pair of you have an undeniable chemistry that just fucking works. Really happy to learn that we've got more Kara and Younghood on the horizon to look forward to. Devastatingly beautiful track here.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 2 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 22/06/2024(UTC), freestylechamp on 22/06/2024(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 23 June 2024 05:09:48(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8661 time(s) in 2716 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Billy: New Kara? New Young? Another collab? This is exactly what my soul would need if I had one. Absolutely love the lyricism on this. You both really pushed your pen game here. This is exactly how I enjoy my love songs; wrapped up in drugs and fuck buddy talk. The track isn't just a great vibe but there's a story running through that has me hooked. The pair of you have an undeniable chemistry that just fucking works. Really happy to learn that we've got more Kara and Younghood on the horizon to look forward to. Devastatingly beautiful track here.

Kara: Man, it's crazy how working with such a strong lyricist on an in-depth project like this pulls a different type of standard from you. Every time that 'record' light goes on you know you've got to be at your fuckin' best because if not you're about to get fuckin' humbled as soon as it's Younghoods turn to step up to the mic. If this is how you want your love songs, you're in for a treat with this whole project. There's a few filthy tracks in there too, specifically for you hahaha but legit, this all came together so naturally and it still fuckin' blows my mind that I get to tap into this dude's mind whenever I need to. Thanks so much for the kind words, always appreciated!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 23/06/2024(UTC)