logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#1 Posted : 05 October 2024 14:03:42(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Groups: Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3999 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Title: Psycho Love Game
Length: 3:00
Genre(s): Pop, Syth-Pop
Label: Independent/Self Released
Written By: Elyar Black
Produced By: Daniel Hansel, Mark Franklin
Taken From The Album: Self Reflection

“Psycho Love Game” is the brand new single by American singer-songwriter Elyar Black. The single is the third to be lifted from his long awaited second studio album “Self Reflection” which is scheduled for release next year. “Psycho Love Game” is the follow up to his previous single “Better Than Me” which was released all the way back in January and became another chart success for the 32 year-old. The track was produced by two of Elyar’s close friends Daniel Hansel and Mark Franklin, the song has a total run time of three minutes exactly. “Psycho Love Game” incorporates and boasts a pop and synth pop beat at its core but the song is a mid-tempo number.

“Psycho Love Game” was written by Elyar himself and has a similar message to his previous bodies of work so far from his era in his career as the song discusses playing with a girls emotions and basically turning her into a “psycho” one line of note is the fact that “breaking hearts is his claim to fame”. It is without a doubt probably written about a number of different exes the star has had over the years but we can only imagine that most of this song was manifested by his two highly publicised relationships with Lexi Marie Taylor and Gemma Kane.

“Psycho Love Game” has received mixed reviews from critics however most felt that vocally this was one of his better tracks across his entire discography. Amy Micknally of NME wrote in her review. “It’s seems this album is shaping up to have a strong theme the first single was about how he messed up badly in a relationship, the second single was about how his girls new man is better than him and now we have this single…which ones again talks about how he has royally messed up in a relationship, I especially love the line “breaking hearts is my claim to fame” because let’s be real his been in the media more for his relationships over the years more than his music career, overall this is another decent track all things considered.” Max Castle of DigitalSpy gave the song a 3/10 writing in his review. “Yes it’s a low score lyrically this track actually isn’t bad, but overall as package this song is mediocre at best…you’d think after all his years away from the spotlight he’d be pumping out much better material than this…like I get that his album is about self reflection but if his album is full of tracks about how his an asshole it is going to get boring super quick.” Lindsey Frank wrote in her review. “Unlike many I actually am here for the fact all of his new music thus far has followed a similar theme, plus it takes guts to be so open and raw about how you have messed up in relationships…like nobody is perfect…chin up Elyar I love this single”. Ricky Mendoza wrote in his review. “This is very mid-tempo usually we are used to more upbeat stuff from the younger Black brother so I am here for the slower nature of this one, plus this track actually highlights the fact that he actually does have a somewhat decent voice, like is he the best vocalist in the world absolutely not but he knows what his voice can and cannot do and he makes it work well and he always has, I love the fact this has far less auto-tune than we usually find on his records…so with that I’d give this a solid 7/10”.

PSYCHO LOVE GAME

Playing with her heart day and night
Never taking her feelings right
Laughing while she falls apart
No mercy in this twisted art

She was sweet like sugar pure
Now she's broken nothing's sure
Tangled up in love's cruel game
Now she's calling out my name

Psycho love game driving her insane
Breaking hearts is just my claim to fame
Turning smiles into tears with no shame
She's a psycho now and I'm to blame

Used to hold her hand so tight
Now she's haunted every night
Ripping up the dreams we spun
Now the nightmare's just begun

Her eyes are wild her mind’s a mess
Caught up in love's dark distress
Can't escape the storm we brewed
Loving me was just a feud

SOUNDS LIKE:
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
C4AJoh on 05/10/2024(UTC), 2001clay on 05/10/2024(UTC), BrownSugar on 08/10/2024(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 05 October 2024 17:34:23(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8696 time(s) in 2731 post(s)
Maliah: Beautiful track Elyar, lyrically it's so damn relatable. Like fuck, it feels like it could be taken from my own messy experiences hahah but it's a great song, super fucking catchy and I love the synth energy, I can see myself singing this at the top of my lungs in the club! Love it x
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 06/10/2024(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#3 Posted : 09 October 2024 05:46:23(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19309 time(s) in 7688 post(s)
Beau: Great track, mate. Love that you aren't shying away from such a subject matter. Lot of people much prefer to play the hero in songs rather than being brutally honest about messy situations. Also really vibing with the production, my man. It's a really chill listen, bro.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
AmyJayneXoX on 09/10/2024(UTC)