logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 23 October 2024 04:32:29(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8696 time(s) in 2731 post(s)
Amy Meyer | Lydia Santangelo
“fire walk with me!”

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

Sitting in the sound control booth, Amy Meyer listens back to one of her vocal takes with her producer, engineer and mixer. Nodding her head slightly she appears content with what she’s hearing, “Sounds alright, I guess. I’ve got an idea of what I want to do with it.” She checks the time on her Apple Watch. It had been a long day of recording so far with more to continue, but she makes the decision to take a little break from the recording sessions. “I’m going to have a break, guys.” She says before leaving the sound control booth and heading to the bands recording room, she pops her head into the room as a group of musicians are relaxing and messing around, “Take a couple of hours, we’re shutting it down before the night shift.” She says with a warm smile, giving a playful inflection on the phrase ‘night shift’.

A couple of moments of chatter between Amy and her band as they start to disperse, she’s left with Lydia, she places her hands on both of Lydia’s shoulders and let’s out a happy sigh, “Hang out with me?” she says with a little chuckle.

Edited by user 23 October 2024 05:23:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Head South Records on 23/10/2024(UTC), erich hess on 23/10/2024(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 24 October 2024 02:57:20(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18014 time(s) in 10475 post(s)
Lydia sits on the couch as amy speaks to the band. She half listens since she's more of a hired gun than a member of the band. Mostly she pays attention to the dynamics of Amy and everyone else. Its vastly different than the weird sorority house thing the harlots have going on. Not better or worse,just different. She perks up when she hears the night shift is on."Recording... At night." Lydia quips,putting special emphasis on at night. she wasn't above a SpongeBob line.

Lydia says little else as the band says their goodbyes. Its never been brought up,and everyone has been sweet,but Lydia didn't want to seem like she was trying to worm her way into the band. This thought quickly vanishes when she feels Amy's hands on her shoulders. It was hard not be starstruck when Amy Meyer is RIGHT THERE. Lydia deeply blushes,looking slightly Christmas themed against her green hair. Lydia playfully leans her head against Amy's arms." I hope I have the energy. This Amy lady is a real hard ass. My fingers have been worn down to nubs. Nubs!" Lydia giggles, holding up her fretting hand and wiggling her bent fingers.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 24 October 2024 03:38:24(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8696 time(s) in 2731 post(s)
It was a strange situation for Amy, having spent the majority of her career in an actual band in ‘Riot!’ and now doing her solo thing, she knew the dynamics were different since they were primarily session musicians with the main job of effectively creating whatever it was that Amy required for her own stuff. It wasn’t a collaborative project or a collective, it was essentially a backing band following Amy’s direction. She didn’t feel all that comfortable with it and tried to keep things pretty relaxed and enjoyable for everybody involved. Amy scrunches her nose and lets out a little chuckle as Lydia delivers the SpongeBob line. Despite being in the early stages, their relationship had continued to develop pretty quickly during their time working alongside each other, Lydia bringing her unique personality to these sessions had certainly made the process a lot more enjoyable for everybody involved.

The group of session musicians consisted primarily of Charlie, Sara, Dillon and Jacoby whom had all supported Amy previously with Lydia being added to the mix as a newbie and rotating cast of others who helped out from time to time. Amy smiles as Lydia briefly rests her head against Amy’s arms, “Oh my god!” she says in mock shock, grabbing Lydia’s hand and softly inspecting her fingers, “I had no idea! … What have I become?” she says, pausing for dramatic effect, “I’m a monster!!” she says with a chuckle as she inspects Lydia's fingers once more, switching back to her normal voice, "You really are no use to me now, huh?" she says playfully.