logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

420 Pages«<360361362363364>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline _Python_  
#7221 Posted : 12 September 2012 08:06:20(UTC)
_Python_

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DistortedAudio Go to Quoted Post
Cannot get into SoA still. Breaking Bad however, it just feels like it's for casual fans and film fans. The cinematography is great and at points there's the drag-on shots that only serve for character emotions.

UserPostedImage

As a writer myself I find the dialogue (scripts) very good and the twists can still jump on me.

All of this talking about shows reminds me that I still have to watch Oz.

Try watching SoA from season 1. It introduced the characters, and started to buildup some hype for the rest of show and it wasn't just "casual but a bit intense" as I like to describe the newer seasons of SoA. Once you watch the first two seasons, I think you'll be a bit more in touch with the newer seasons. SoA season 1 & 2 with a bit of season 3 were probably the best episodes of the whole series.

UserPostedImage
Offline Raphaela  
#7222 Posted : 12 September 2012 09:11:52(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
I'm at the beach :)
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline _Python_  
#7223 Posted : 12 September 2012 09:15:13(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

The beach? That's living... And I thought last night at the creek I was having a bitchin time.
UserPostedImage
Offline DistortedAudio  
#7224 Posted : 12 September 2012 09:31:47(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
I watched the pilot and I couldn't get too far into it.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline _Python_  
#7225 Posted : 12 September 2012 09:35:22(UTC)
_Python_

Man
United States

Maybe you just don't like it then lol.
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#7226 Posted : 13 September 2012 07:51:19(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
It has always been a dream of mine, as a professional writer, to take my love of the written word to the next level and write a novel. Last night I literally dreamt up what I think is the perfect ploy for my first novel, almost in full. I am about to start having a go at writing a first draft. Rather excited and optimistic now that I've written out my full plan of action and my plot, theme, characters etc.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 13/09/2012(UTC)
Offline Raphaela  
#7227 Posted : 13 September 2012 09:05:51(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Originally Posted by: _Python_ Go to Quoted Post
The beach? That's living... And I thought last night at the creek I was having a bitchin time.

And you know what's best? My uni (the government) is paying for everything. Even what we eat. Everything is free <3
I own:

Offline Gildermershina  
#7228 Posted : 13 September 2012 13:53:55(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
It has always been a dream of mine, as a professional writer, to take my love of the written word to the next level and write a novel. Last night I literally dreamt up what I think is the perfect ploy for my first novel, almost in full. I am about to start having a go at writing a first draft. Rather excited and optimistic now that I've written out my full plan of action and my plot, theme, characters etc.

I've had a bunch of half-ideas for novels rattling around in my head for years and years. At least one of them has been in there bouncing around ten years now, and that's bad. With NANOWRIMO coming up, I'm going to finally try and nail that one onto the page, even if it turns out to be a bunch of crap.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline DistortedAudio  
#7229 Posted : 13 September 2012 23:07:43(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Originally Posted by: Gildermershina Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post

I've had a bunch of half-ideas for novels rattling around in my head for years and years. At least one of them has been in there bouncing around ten years now, and that's bad. With NANOWRIMO coming up, I'm going to finally try and nail that one onto the page, even if it turns out to be a bunch of crap.

I've written several scripts before, it's quite fun when you can actually translate your ideas.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline genocidal king  
#7230 Posted : 14 September 2012 00:34:48(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

I've written various series of short stories over my time, one of which was so deep in character and plot that a high school teacher accused me of plagiarising. This is my first attempt at writing a full length novel however.
UserPostedImage
Offline DistortedAudio  
#7231 Posted : 14 September 2012 00:36:35(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

All the writers I've known have gone through a ton of drafts, so be ready to flesh out your ideas more and more.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline genocidal king  
#7232 Posted : 14 September 2012 00:38:31(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Oh yeah, I'm fully expecting it to take a long while. I intend to write something quality, and it may well take me years to complete. I won't be a James Patterson still three books a year chump. Plus, with writing news all day at work, I often get home and think that I can't be bothered writing more that night. So it may well take bloody ages.
UserPostedImage
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#7233 Posted : 17 September 2012 22:27:45(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

These cookies are awesome! Too bad I can't have em :(

UserPostedImage
Offline Raphaela  
#7234 Posted : 18 September 2012 13:58:29(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Earlier today I started coughing so hard I puked. It's not the first time it happens for the past weeks, I may have pneumonia and that'll make me miss Pantanal next week :((((
I own:

Offline forkboy  
#7235 Posted : 19 September 2012 05:13:33(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Well I'm on a downer. The 2 founders of Bioware have finally done it, & left the studio they created way back in the mid-90s. So aside from Bethesda (who really do a different sort of thing anyway) where am I getting my western-style RPG action from now? I mean Dragon Age 3 is out next year but I was so let down by the 2nd that I honestly have no expectations for it. I'm sad. Knights of the Old Republic remains one of my favourite games, & Jade Empire on the original Xbox was real under-rated. Mass Effect was obviously great, but it was the excitement I felt of Dragon Age: Origins, a genuine attempt at a classic fantasy RPG dragged into the 21st century. It was wonderful, I was hopeful for a whole new age. Think I bought every piece of DLC they put out for it.
Offline Gildermershina  
#7236 Posted : 19 September 2012 13:42:49(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: forkboy Go to Quoted Post
Well I'm on a downer. The 2 founders of Bioware have finally done it, & left the studio they created way back in the mid-90s. So aside from Bethesda (who really do a different sort of thing anyway) where am I getting my western-style RPG action from now? I mean Dragon Age 3 is out next year but I was so let down by the 2nd that I honestly have no expectations for it. I'm sad. Knights of the Old Republic remains one of my favourite games, & Jade Empire on the original Xbox was real under-rated. Mass Effect was obviously great, but it was the excitement I felt of Dragon Age: Origins, a genuine attempt at a classic fantasy RPG dragged into the 21st century. It was wonderful, I was hopeful for a whole new age. Think I bought every piece of DLC they put out for it.

How much creative control did the Doctors actually assert over Bioware games? It's hard to say exactly what direction Dragon Age 3 will go in, but given the (slightly over-reactionary, but valid) response to 2, EA knows they're just going to alienate people more if they head too far in that direction.

Of course I'm still really bitter about what happened when EA fully absorbed Bullfrog not too long after Peter Molyneux departed, and it's plenty possible that could happen here. Let's hope not though.
Offline Gildermershina  
#7237 Posted : 19 September 2012 13:43:46(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Raphaela Go to Quoted Post
Earlier today I started coughing so hard I puked. It's not the first time it happens for the past weeks, I may have pneumonia and that'll make me miss Pantanal next week :((((

Just take a whole bunch of drugs or whatever and I'm sure it'll all be fine.
thanks 1 user thanked Gildermershina for this useful post.
genocidal king on 19/09/2012(UTC)
Offline Rincewind  
#7238 Posted : 19 September 2012 18:21:28(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
ahhh i love jade empire as well... no idea why it wasn't more popular!

Dragon Age origins was ok, but i didn't like the player limitations, ie you could be this person or this person.... but not a mix of the two... apart from that, crackin ganme and the second one did just spit down on it.... unless all it was doing was setting up an epic third game.
and while bullfrog was swallowed up, look what molyneux went on to do.... Fable (i love fable)
i still think baulders gate needs another sequel.... fuck me i love baulders gate..
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline forkboy  
#7239 Posted : 19 September 2012 19:24:17(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
They are remaking Baldur's Gate & when I say "they" I mean a team that consists basically of ex-Bioware employees, based in an office on the same street Rejigged & "enhanced" but basically that classic RPG. That somehow I didn't play at the time it came out. Due November. Actually thinking about it, our family PC was just not going to be powerful enough to use the Infinity Engine at the time. I do have a copy of Neverwinter Nights though, actually found it recently.

And yes Paul, you are of course right. I've no real idea what the doctors did, but it's kind of symbolic I guess. This is not the Bioware that I grew up with anymore unfortunately. Business changes, I get that, but I don't have to be happy about it. Oh well, Extended Baldur's Gate & then the sequel due next year. And maybe they could redo other Infinity engine games like Planescape Torment or Icewind Dale.
Offline DistortedAudio  
#7240 Posted : 19 September 2012 23:41:10(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Originally Posted by: Rincewind Go to Quoted Post
ahhh i love jade empire as well... no idea why it wasn't more popular!

Dragon Age origins was ok, but i didn't like the player limitations, ie you could be this person or this person.... but not a mix of the two... apart from that, crackin ganme and the second one did just spit down on it.... unless all it was doing was setting up an epic third game.

I haven't played 2, and I don't know if there are Game Informers in the UK (I know Edge is sorta big down though) but the Game Informer cover story for Origins hyped that game like there was no tomorrow. It was telling me that depending on the decisions you made on the night you become a Grey Warden (after Loghain does that thing and so on), you'd get dedicated followers later on and rivals as well. So when I popped in the disc and got all the way to the final dungeon (if you could call it that) I was disappointed in that feature being left out. The supporting cast wasn't as rich as KOTOR's, or hell even a godamn JRPG. I didn't really care all that much about Alistair because he went from wise-cracking fun to douche way too quickly. Only characters I really enjoyed were the Handmaiden and the Quarian.

Now that I think about it, I didn't really enjoy Skyrim either as the story fell a bit flat for me. Last Western RPG that really roped me in story-wise was probably Dwarf Fortress or something, but only because you could form your own story and so on.

Oh yeah, and strange enough I enjoyed Fable III totally, the entirety of the Steampunk artstyle, the control scheme and even the story.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY