logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

420 Pages«<361362363364365>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Raphaela  
#7241 Posted : 22 September 2012 05:55:11(UTC)
Raphaela

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Me and my best friend had a minor misanderstanding, but because another friend decided to meddle in, she won't even talk to me anymore. I sent her a message today saying I would like to talk to her, if she also wanted to, but it's been 10 hours ever since and I haven't got an answer yet.
She was like a sister to me, I can't believe this is happening :'(
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline Rincewind  
#7242 Posted : 22 September 2012 06:04:10(UTC)
Rincewind

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
all about the original.... although i did love the second one as well... to be honest i think the third one felt a bit flat and rushed to me... i did like the moral conundrum towards the end but meh...

Baulders gate one and two are the best RPG's i have ever played.... i invested so much of myself and my time into Nemo (my dude obviously)... Never played it when it first came out, was introduced to it by an ex GF. Do like Neverwinter Nights as well.
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline asdf  
#7243 Posted : 22 September 2012 06:24:44(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
I'm playing a song at a talent competition at my cities anniversary festival. First time playing in front of anyone...nervous as hell.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline Gildermershina  
#7244 Posted : 22 September 2012 12:46:57(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
I don't really like WRPGs that much. I don't really like the combat systems they tend to have, the whole pause and queue actions shtick. I wish more RPGs had systems like FFXII's gambit stuff, that was a neat hybrid of automation and active control. You would pre-program actions for each character to do stuff like automatically cast cure on a party member under a certain health level, or cast fire on a fire-weak enemy. A version of that where you could have multiple cues set up and could switch on the fly, that'd be the ideal for me.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline forkboy  
#7245 Posted : 22 September 2012 21:10:46(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
I've definitely always loved the turn-based style, pause & queue actions system. Makes for fulfilling gaming far as I'm concerned. But then I enjoy Paradox strategy games.
Offline DistortedAudio  
#7246 Posted : 22 September 2012 23:35:29(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Think I like JRPGs because they have a nice way of mixing up the combat systems. Played this one called Resonance of Fate which was hard to wrap my head around (I only rented it for like a week too), but I feel like if I did get the two types of damage you can do down, I'd love the game.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline forkboy  
#7247 Posted : 23 September 2012 22:17:14(UTC)
forkboy

Watching the World Championship cycling Road Race on the BBC just now. Heroic effort by Cavendish setting the pace early on. Also nice that David Millar is on commentary. Still, don't think GB will win, Belgium have 2 of the favourites depending on the circumstances of the finish. Gilbert if he can breakaway, or else Boonen.
Offline asdf  
#7248 Posted : 24 September 2012 01:54:00(UTC)
asdf

Man

Originally Posted by: asdf Go to Quoted Post
I'm playing a song at a talent competition at my cities anniversary festival. First time playing in front of anyone...nervous as hell.

... I took first. Won a hundred dollars. It's been a strange couple days.

thanks 2 users thanked asdf for this useful post.
Matticus on 24/09/2012(UTC), erich hess on 24/09/2012(UTC)
Offline forkboy  
#7249 Posted : 24 September 2012 04:26:50(UTC)
forkboy

Well I was right, Phillipe Gilbert won it in the end, with the Norwegian Edvald Boassen Hagan 2nd & Alejandro Valverde of Spain 3rd. Britain's Jonathan Tiernan Locke ended up in a very respectable 19th place, considering it was his first Worlds appearance. But Gilbert just hit his top form at the right time. He was unstoppable in 2011, & looked poor most of this year in comparison, but ended up coming good during the Vuelta in August. Won 2 stages & that propelled him to the rainbow jersey. Happy for him, he's a good rider, & clearly popular in the peloton.

Edited by user 24 September 2012 04:28:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Raphaela  
#7250 Posted : 24 September 2012 12:20:04(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Wow Cody, that's awesome!! Really nice work, keep it going!

I own:

thanks 1 user thanked Raphaela for this useful post.
asdf on 24/09/2012(UTC)
Offline asdf  
#7251 Posted : 24 September 2012 12:29:59(UTC)
asdf

Man

Originally Posted by: Raphaela Go to Quoted Post

Wow Cody, that's awesome!! Really nice work, keep it going!

Thank you! It's been weird. I don't even really remember much about being up there on stage. Lol.

Offline asdf  
#7252 Posted : 25 September 2012 11:29:54(UTC)
asdf

Man

Here's the video. My guitar was a bit out of tune, but everything turned out good so... :)

thanks 1 user thanked asdf for this useful post.
erich hess on 25/09/2012(UTC)
Offline DistortedAudio  
#7253 Posted : 25 September 2012 12:01:45(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Good job mate, first performances are always hard.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
thanks 1 user thanked DistortedAudio for this useful post.
asdf on 25/09/2012(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#7254 Posted : 25 September 2012 12:07:23(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18010 time(s) in 10472 post(s)
killer.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Raphaela  
#7255 Posted : 26 September 2012 15:06:29(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

I think I'm addicted to an anti-emetic. Some days ago I went to bed feeling fine, but then started to think about taking one (it induces sleep). After a lot of consideration I decided against it, but then I started to feel physically ill, nauseous and whatnot. A lot of feelings about buying an IV anti-emetic went through my head and only stopped when I finally took a pill.
I'm scared.
I own:

Offline Gildermershina  
#7256 Posted : 26 September 2012 15:21:07(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Maybe rely less on drugs for stuff?
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Gildermershina for this useful post.
Aj on 26/09/2012(UTC)
Offline Aj  
#7257 Posted : 26 September 2012 16:40:46(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I think I'm addicted to an anti-emetic. Some days ago I went to bed feeling fine, but then started to think about taking one (it induces sleep). After a lot of consideration I decided against it, but then I started to feel physically ill, nauseous and whatnot. A lot of feelings about buying an IV anti-emetic went through my head and only stopped when I finally took a pill.
I'm scared.

Literally all you talk about on here these days is drugs, and your surprised you've fucked your body up? I can see why people in Scotland take heroin, but in Brazil? Seriously? You have like the most amazing animals, plants, culture, seems a waste to spend all of it fucked.
Offline genocidal king  
#7258 Posted : 26 September 2012 17:17:39(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aj Go to Quoted Post
I'm scared.

Literally all you talk about on here these days is drugs, and your surprised you've fucked your body up? I can see why people in Scotland take heroin, but in Brazil? Seriously? You have like the most amazing animals, plants, culture, seems a waste to spend all of it fucked.

Are you serious? We have some of the world's most attractive and scenic landscapes and most beautiful countryside anyone's ever seen. We have a country steeped in history that most of the world would envy. I would argue that people in Scotland have a hell of a lot less reason to take heroin. In the grand scheme of things, the economy isn't all that bad, and I'd estimate that Brazil is probably affected by a shit load more poverty than Scotland is. Sure, the unemployment rate in Brazil is lower, but in general, there is a lot more depravity and destitution in some of the lower class areas of Brazil than there is anywhere in Scotland.
We might not have the weather, but we have plantlife, culture and wildlife to potentially rival any country in the world.

What an absolutely fucking moronic thing to say.

It's also important to note that if we look at the population of this forum, there are four Scottish people post on here, all four of whom I'd gather from previous posts are completely against drug abuse. Meanwhile, there are two Brazilians that I know of, one of whom has more narcotics in her system on a daily basis than Amy Winehouse's apartment. Per capita, I think it speaks for itself.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Taylr2 on 26/09/2012(UTC)
Offline Rincewind  
#7259 Posted : 26 September 2012 23:08:53(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
I'm scared.

Are you serious? We have some of the world's most attractive and scenic landscapes and most beautiful countryside anyone's ever seen. We have a country steeped in history that most of the world would envy. I would argue that people in Scotland have a hell of a lot less reason to take heroin. In the grand scheme of things, the economy isn't all that bad, and I'd estimate that Brazil is probably affected by a shit load more poverty than Scotland is. Sure, the unemployment rate in Brazil is lower, but in general, there is a lot more depravity and destitution in some of the lower class areas of Brazil than there is anywhere in Scotland.
We might not have the weather, but we have plantlife, culture and wildlife to potentially rival any country in the world.

It's also important to note that if we look at the population of this forum, there are four Scottish people post on here, all four of whom I'd gather from previous posts are completely against drug abuse. Meanwhile, there are two Brazilians that I know of, one of whom has more narcotics in her system on a daily basis than Amy Winehouse's apartment. Per capita, I think it speaks for itself.

yeah.... but at least the brazilians can afford trousers!!

;)

i do agree saying people who live in Scotland have a reason and excuse to get fucked up on heroin etc... such a trainspotting thing to say.

i think if you fuck your body up that much with different drugs etc of course sooner or later your going to fuck your body over...
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Aj  
#7260 Posted : 27 September 2012 01:53:37(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: genocidal king Go to Quoted Post
I'm scared.