logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bikz  
#1 Posted : 06 September 2009 01:23:34(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Hey, Rayne Berry here. Yes, I do still exist! (:
For those who don't know, I've written a bestselling autobiography, "Have Your Cake (And Puke It Too)", which includes a lot of things about my life as a musician, learning to sing and play drums, joining Moronic Changeling, becoming a soloist, releasing my album, falling down and getting up again .... also, there's been a lot of talk about whether you started out with nothing or had it all thrown into your lap.
For example, take the Kitena Dale vs. Kamikaze Kate rivalry, four years ago. Kitena grew up in the lap of luxury, and had everything she wanted straight out of the box, fame as soon as she stepped on the scene. Kate had barely grown up, and she was very poor, she had to fight to get her name out. Are you a Kitena or a Kate, or somewhere inbetween? Also, about family support. Though Raven Comatose had a tough time, her family wanted her to be a musician more than anything - while Madbirds' Nick's mother wouldn't even let her strike a drum in front of her. What were your family like?
What about any defining moments? The moment that Raven was sure that she wanted to be famous, was when her brother died - she's told me before, she does it all for Nathan. For Firecracker 47, it was Joshy Firecracker getting dropped from his first record label and wanting to sing a big "fuck you" at them. For me, it was the first time I went into remission from anorexia. I wanted to do something with my life, and be remembered as someone, not just waste away.
Sorry if this is a bit "probing" .... but what are your stories?

(OOC : This is mainly out of interest. I have loads of backstories for my artists and like reading things like this, I wondered if anyone else has made anything up!)
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Aj  
#2 Posted : 06 September 2009 01:34:39(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Well I and the rest of the band are all Romani-Gypsy's, so we generally all stuck together in school. We used to get picked on alot, so feel free to call us gypo's or whatever lame and overused insult you want to throw at us. But yeah, our families were all very close and the community was generally very close knit. My dad was a complete prick, but my mum was lovely. My dad was the kind of guy who would be generally quite consistant as a father and then all of a sudden he'd hit the bottle and then hit me and my mum, sometimes the order being switched around. When I was fifteen my uncle turned up out of the blue, and he was basically my dad for the rest of my life. He got rid of my blood father and then just sent us money and looked after us and things. So yeah we all grew up on the move and so never really concentrated in school and as a result none of us can write a note of music, so we just hum tunes to each other and if we like it we just put it all together and play it and I guess people kinda like it. My mum always supported me, throughout it all. My uncle kinda thought it was weird but said he'd back me in whatever I wanted to do. But yeah my mum was the most supportive. She gave everything for the band and getting us things. As a person I think I'm generally okay. I smoke too much weed and fag's but apart from that I have no serious hard drug problems but yeah I guess I'm probebly going to die of lung cancer at 30 but anyway. I'm a rockstar. You're no good if you don't.
Sorry, kind of went off on one.

Billy//Failed Youth
Offline Captain Insano  
#3 Posted : 06 September 2009 01:39:10(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Well, my story is of one from been dirt poor to making something of my self. I've scraped by trying to earn a living, not been able to afford to have even dinner sometimes and going without because I had spent every last cent I had on making my bands debut album. Us guys then lived in a caravan (we were too proud to ask our parents for help) and parked it up and slept whever we could to try and save some money when we travelled to gigs. We got arrested several times for theft, did short jail stints, stole some more and didn't get caught. The band nearly broke up on three seperate occasions before we got our debut album out and along the way the guys in the band we had just dropped away. Firstly the drummer who was a violent alcoholic maniac, then the bassist who was a lying, backstabbing scum fuck and then it was my time...my darkest period in life...when the band effectively ceased to be when I was jailed for assaulting my ex wife who I had divorced several months before hand. That was as low as it could get; your liberty been taken from you and you been at the mercy of the state officials who controlled everything you did. Still, she was an utter slut, deceitful and manipulative and I probably should have pushed her down the stairs.

Thankfully I hadn't fucked up too bad and I was able to leave and make my way elsewhere. I could restart the band, bring in new musicians who did not know of the past and shared my new found passion for music and now the journey continues on taking us to along different paths all the time. I could go on but I wouldn't want to bore you.

Rick Fisher
The Black Gates
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline The Nimrods  
#4 Posted : 06 September 2009 01:43:02(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
OOC:I just realized I'm in like four signatures!

Jimmy:Well none of The Nimrods were ever poor that's for sure.Basically all of our parents were higher upper class which is good.We all live in moderately sized houses and we didn't get everything we wanted whenever we wanted but Christmas and Birthdays got us pretty much what we wanted.Seeing as we grew up in So-Cal the music scene was huge already so it wasn't hard to get out there really.I guess we got really big when we went to the UK mainly because that's where we developed our original style and the people there were a bit more surprised with the stupid shit we'd do on stage.I guess sorta how Jimi Hendrix got big when he moved to England.We never really had to struggle though.Not very interesting.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline herrfische777  
#5 Posted : 07 September 2009 00:00:28(UTC)
herrfische777

Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Herr Fische probably wouldn't have been if it wasn't for a sequence of events that brought us all together. Most of us attended the same secondary school in our home town of Hartlepool but none of us really knew each other. In fact, Kii Kii and I hated each other. She used to hang around with the wrong crowd you know smoking and drinking behind the bike sheds and taking people's dinner money. She used to take my money and bully me but since she was a girl it was kind of embarrassing to admit that to other lads or teachers. Anyway one day we were in a music lesson and she was again bullying me (we sat next to each other). Anyway I snapped and told her and the teacher to fuck off or words to that effect. She then attacked me but the teacher intervened. We were both given detention and we had to write and perform a piece of music that was to be used in the school show later that year (which I think was around 2001/2002). So we were forced to work together. She was a complete bitch who tried to take over but after about 3 weeks, the ice thawed and we started to be able to work together. I wasn't particularly bright at school but music was my strong point. However, Kii Kii hated music and saw "no point in it". I knew how to read music and write it so I helped Kii Kii try to understand it. There was a turning point when I asked Kii Kii if she played any instruments. She said she could play guitar. It turned out she was a kick ass guitarist as her dad was a member of several local bands and a Hells Angel and taught her how to play. So we wrote a piece based around the guitar and piano. We later used it on our first album in a song called The Madagascar Plan. It went down a treat at the school show and we became friends. Our music teacher who was as mad as a box of badgers encouraged us to start our own band. He also gave us some advice which has stuck with me ever since. He said something like "Don't tie yourselves down to a particular genre because you'll become boring and cliched". He also said something like "Music is another world so explore it". So we did. We advertised around school and local area and got nowhere at first. The first person we recruited our former keyboardist Leeroy Jones aka Zoo just because he was the first to enquire. After a few weeks we got nowhere but then two foreign exchange students, Hetti Steinberger and Helga Borgen enquired. They were at our school for a couple of weeks from Frankfurt in Germany. Hetti could play all sorts of instruments, some i'd never even heard of and Helga could play bass. So now we were a 5 piece band but we still had no drummer. However, Kii Kii knew someone who could play drums. This turned out to be Brenda Hatch aka B*Atch. Anyways we wrote more music and after about 6 weeks or so we played our first gig at school. We were terrible in my opinion but it was a great feeling to be onstage. The teachers and other students loved us too. After our first gig, we were approached by another two people. These were Thomas 'TomTom' Thompson and another dude who shall remain nameless. They were in a band that had played earlier in the night but they had just split up. It turned out Thomas was a rhythym guitarist and Mr Unknown was like Hetti a multi instrumentalist. So now we were an 8 piece. So we continued to write music as we studied for exams and shit. We played a few more gigs here and there and got quite a name for ourselves over the years as we studied at college. Hetti and Helga moved to Hartlepool to go to college and we fired Zoo after he stole some of our cash to buy dope. We replaced him with my brother Paul and the rest they say is History.
UserPostedImage

HERR FISCHE

Featuring the following bunch of freaks:

Chris 'Herr Fische' Fisher: Vocals/Keyboards/Piano etc
Paul 'Foetus' Fisher: Multi Instrumentalist/Electric Wizard/Audio Abuse
Kii Kii Lii: Lead Guitar/Sitars/Background Vocals
Thomas 'TomTom' Thompson: Rythym Guitars/All other stringed instruments
Mr Unknown: Bass Guitar/ Double Bass/Background Vocals
Brenda Hatch: Drums/Drum Machines/Percussion

Band Status:

Building Bridges
Offline gumba  
#6 Posted : 07 September 2009 00:28:40(UTC)
gumba

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I've told this story a fair bit before, but I'll happily tell it again.

As a teenager I listened to a lot of British bands. Oasis were gods to me, I wanted to be some sort of Liam and Noel incarnate. I also listened to bands like Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, Hard-Fi, Klaxons. Bands that (with the exception of Arctic Monkeys) just 'have it' on stage. I thought losing your shit on stage as thousands of people lose their shit to songs you've written is definitely the best way to make a living. So I started to learn guitar off the internet and write some songs. To start with they were shit but when I wrote Can't Sit Still I felt like I was on to something. There was a local high schools Battle Of The Bands coming up so I got some friends together to form a band. I'd intended on being the front man. Nick wasn't great on guitar and we pretty much had three guitarists so the plan was to lose him, but then he insisted on singing one rehearsal and when he did I was like, "wow, he's a frontman." Neither Tristan nor Stephen actually knew how to play their instruments when we started the band but they sort of learnt their parts to the song, then learnt the instrument from there.

The song was a real success, we won the Battle of the Bands. Afterwards we had a meeting and I somehow managed to convince everyone to drop out of school (we'd just finished our second last year) and do the band thing full time to get good. My folks and Stephen's folks were cool with that and really supported us with whatever we needed. The others had a bit of tension with their folks over it. Nick's Mum kicked him out and he stayed with me briefly then with some other people before getting his own place.

To start with I was the only song writer, I was encouraging Nick to write his own songs too coz as the singer I thought he should. His first song Satellite amazed me, I thought it was mad-genius. When he continued to just write bonkers songs I thought it was an outlet for some ingrown insanity. After the second or third album he explained in an interview that he just liked seeing how nuts song lyrics he could come up with that people would sing back to him.

Stephen also started writing his own songs and he amazed me with his ability, but he's not quite as productive as me and Nick.

So that's the story of early Pilot (although we were initially called Fusion, then changed our name when we realised that was a shit name seeing our music wasnt fusing anything) and the song-writing partnership of myself, Nick and Stephen that continues to be the core of Pilot

Peace

- Clint Walkingshaw
Pilot are: Nick Edmondson (vocals, guitar), Clint Walkingshaw (guitar, vocals), Murrray Catalano (guitar, keys), Andrew Blackwell (bass), Stephen Holland (drums, vocals)

Pants Festival are: Andrew "Rooster" Dunnell (vocals), Kuhilan "Ku" Gounder (guitar), Stephen "Popa" Poepjes (guitar, vocals), Clinton "Gandy" Gandy (bass), Matt Hanson (drums, vocals)

Labrats are: Milton Mitchell (vocals, synths, guitar), Lara Branik (guitar), Liam Mitchell (synths, turntables), Preston Abelford (bass), Bonnie Snell (drums)