logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 13 September 2009 09:08:50(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Failed Youth’s new album, titled ‘Various Occurrences Whilst Intoxicated by Various Substances’, will be released on 15th of September. The album has been called by Billy a more ‘calm’ side of the band who are known for their fast guitar playing and insane drum solo’s. Billy has also said he’ll be keeping screaming to a minimum on the album. Below are the artwork, the track descriptions, and an interview with the band will be coming soon.

1. I’ve Become Impossible
- The album begins very softly. It’s just Tiny on the drums playing a simple beat, Jack playing the flute and then I’m singing. Very simple song which we recorded first time we played it which was exciting. You wouldn’t know it was me unless you’d listened to ‘Youths in Capes’, the vocals are very quiet and stay quiet throughout. Intriguing song that will hopefully make people want to hear more.
2. Illusion
- This songs a lot faster and couldn’t be more of a contrast to the first song. Jack picks up his guitar again and the drums are prominent in it. I don’t scream, however I do verge on it. More shouting than screaming. Also we’ve added a few synthesizers which gives this song quite an eerie, physcadelic feel to it.
3. Mr. Maker
- Keeps up the pace, however I play the acoustic guitar on this which slows it down a bit. No screaming or shouting in this, actually singing (shock, horror). This should shut up the critics. I like this song, it was good fun recording and it’s a good cheerful tune.
4. God Bless You
- Ironic song to be honest, because I hate all religeos beliefs and I’m a true aetheist, so we wrote this one about a pop star who constantly tries to help the world, and it’s basically about how everyone wants to hear you sing, but no one wants to hear you talk.
5. We’ve Failed You
- Hard, harsh song about parenthood really. Puts you in the spot of a mother who’s a heroin addict and constantly relies on their child to care for them. Really quite emotional lyrics, and I play the acoustic guitar on this and Jack just hits a tambourine. This ones got screaming in it, but only at the start of verse’s.
6. They Told Us To Come In Numbers
- Anaaaarrcchyyyyy! About my years as an anarchist and an activist as we called ourselves. Pretty much a fun, real punk tune with brilliant lyrics if I do say so myself. The Prisoners will like it.
7. Revolution!
- This ones the opposite of the previous one, and it attacks ‘hardcore’ anarchists when they just like the status it comes with. This ones the most hardcore on the album, with lots and lots of lovely juicy screaming and solos left right and centre.
8. Kill, Kill, Kill
- Strange song, no singing. We took the synthesizers with this and just played some simple chords on guitars and messed around with them. We overlapped about 5 different guitars to make a thick, strange sound which is really very creepy. The song builds up to a huge crescendo and then just lets you down slowly. Experimental is the best word.
9. Keep It In Your Sights
- Quite an emotional song, very slow for us. Real ‘spliffs up n sway’ song. Memorable, catchy lyrics and a good melody and tune should make this a more pop favourite. You’d think we were Panic! after this. No screaming, just singing. Dare I say it – a pop song? No, I won’t. Because you still know it’s punk. Just it’s catchy.
10. My Original Plan - Basically a song about my life. Keeps up a fast finish to the album and features a lickle bit of screaming at the end but still quite simplistic without an electric guitar. We throw a couple of brass instruments into the mix with this.

Billy described the album's genre as 'indie-punk'. Pick it up on the 15th!

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 19 September 2009 03:40:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Raphaela  
#2 Posted : 13 September 2009 09:23:59(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Aj wrote:
Billy has also said he’ll be keeping screaming to a minimum on the album.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
You guys just broke my heart :'(

-Favorite Son [The Prisoners/Possible ex-fan]
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline bikz  
#3 Posted : 13 September 2009 09:27:28(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
OOC : What's not nice about the art? That you spelt "occurrences" wrong on it? :P
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Aj  
#4 Posted : 13 September 2009 09:43:11(UTC)
Aj

Man

Interview with the band...

I: So what’s the new album all about?

B: Well, pretty much depressing stuff really. Apart from one song, it’s mostly nasty stuff – it’s great! Brilliant album to kill yourself to. Brilliant album end of if I say so myself. Our last album, ‘Heroes’ was all screaming and guitars, not without a message, just the message was hard to understand. Whereas with this it’s very clear, so you have no excuses. It’s dark and evil but I believe it’s quite a triumph. It was good fun recording and doing something different. There’s still some screaming but it’s more normal punk than hardcore.

I: Is this your permanent new direction then?

B: Definitely not. This is just experimental, to see people’s reactions, a bit of fun. We love our hardcore stuff and we’ll never leave that as our abandon that.

I: What do you say to critics who say you’re ‘selling out’?

B: Fuck them. Heroes sold over a million copies why would we need to sell out? People who say that are idiots. Go wank over a Stephanie Fierce album cover. People who say that just can’t take that sometimes the best bands in the world need to take a different angle at their music. People who say the best bands don't need to are idiots.

I: What are you going to do after the albums been released?

B: Well we’ll probably just tour loads then release a few singles and just you know spread the word and shit. We’re already more popular than we could ever have imagined we could be so we just want that to keep going on and on pretty much. Don't expect us to leave any time soon.

ooc: It's meant to be spelt like that... And well it's a heroin user nodding out.

Edited by user 13 September 2009 09:44:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Aj  
#5 Posted : 15 September 2009 04:47:09(UTC)
Aj

Man

The album is now going to be released on the lovely Boslepel record label. Just thought I'd tell you all that. Oh yeah, and we're really happy to have signed with them. There cool guys. So yes, buy the album. It'll be totally freeekin awesome maan.

Jack//Failed Youth
Offline bdylan88  
#6 Posted : 15 September 2009 04:52:51(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
this album is going to be freaking sweeeeetttt!!!
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

The Bards are signed with HOT EYE RECORDS

Offline Lepelbos  
#7 Posted : 15 September 2009 06:47:07(UTC)
Lepelbos

On the third floor on our London HQ we played the entire album over and over again. All the girls at the administration are wild about this one. And i must say, me personaly think it's a good record. Happy that we signed you.
Vincent Nabov
Boslepel Records
B O S L E P E L R E C O R D S
NEW ALBUMS

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Lepelbos  
#8 Posted : 16 September 2009 11:14:46(UTC)
Lepelbos

The Various Substances album probably will get serial number 0018-068ABLR (Dragon Dancer from the Bards is ABLR0017). Not sure yet if we decide to release an Oldman/Furlong album first.
Jack Lepelbos
Boslepel Records
NEW ALBUMS

Offline Aj  
#9 Posted : 17 September 2009 04:38:18(UTC)
Aj

Man

We're real sorry we couldn't get on last night to blog anything, but we were all a little tipsy! So yes, the albums been released and we really hope you all love it. It's fresh and exciting and something we've never done before so hope it goes down well. We're just waiting for the sales results and after that we'll bathe in our infinate glory. Right now, I'm getting some paracetamol.

Billy
Offline Aj  
#10 Posted : 19 September 2009 03:44:26(UTC)
Aj

Man

Wheeheyy, we have chart updates! And HUZZAAH! We've got to NUMBER 8 IN THE WORLD!!! IN THE FRRREEEEKIN WORRLD MAAAN!!! We're a lickle bit dissapointed with not getting number 1 in Canadia, but then again tis probebly because of our switch from hardcore to an indie punk style. By the way, we'll be releasing three singles off the album, of which I'll list later today. Still, charts...

UK - 9
USA - 11
Canada - 2
AUZ&NZ - 10
Sth. America - 13
Asia - 13
Europe - 33
World - 8

Billy//failed youth.
Offline Lepelbos  
#11 Posted : 19 September 2009 03:49:04(UTC)
Lepelbos

This is what we want to see.
It will cost us a lot of royalty payouts. But we will do this with a big smile. At the moment you are our best selling band.
Jack Lepelbos
NEW ALBUMS

Offline Aj  
#12 Posted : 19 September 2009 09:03:43(UTC)
Aj

Man

Lepelbos wrote:
This is what we want to see.
It will cost us a lot of royalty payouts. But we will do this with a big smile. At the moment you are our best selling band.
Jack Lepelbos

Wow! Brilliant, thanks. Thats amazing! We've only been signed a few days as well! We're not really in it for the money anyway, we've never had much and we're not in a hurry to change that.
Okay, so, singles...

1 - Illusion - 19th September
(B-Sides - I've Become Impossible; We've Failed You)

2 - God Bless You - 23rd September
(B-Sides - Mr Maker; Kill Kill Kill)

3 - They Told Us To Come In Numbers - 26th September
(B-Sides - Revoloution; Keep It In Your Sights)

Edited by user 19 September 2009 19:45:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Lepelbos  
#13 Posted : 06 October 2009 12:14:20(UTC)
Lepelbos

Illusion, serial number 0058-076SBLR, has sold more than 1,540,000 copies worldwide. This single is the first BLR single that cost us 20% selling royalties. We have to pay you €3,079,523,39 for this one.

Greetings Vincent Nabov
NEW ALBUMS

Offline Aj  
#14 Posted : 06 October 2009 22:03:04(UTC)
Aj

Man

Lepelbos wrote:
Illusion, serial number 0058-076SBLR, has sold more than 1,540,000 copies worldwide. This single is the first BLR single that cost us 20% selling royalties. We have to pay you €3,079,523,39 for this one.

Greetings Vincent Nabov

Wow, we'll donate it to charity or something. Or you can keep it. I don't even know what to do with 3 million euros! I've already got all I want, but thank you for giving us the oppurtunity to work with such a great label!

Billy