logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline forkboy  
#21 Posted : 15 December 2009 07:59:19(UTC)
forkboy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Listen to music however you want. If you want disposable background noise then go for it. If you want stuff that really needs to be the main focus of your concentration, go for it.

Whatever the fuck makes you happy.
Offline ianprower  
#22 Posted : 24 January 2010 15:28:42(UTC)
ianprower

Actually, I do a bit of both. I'll listen to some Sublime or early Flaming Lips stuff on the bus from school to home. And sometimes during the weekend, i'll pull up a Pink Floyd or later Beatles album and listen to the whole damn thing on iTunes(Usually while doing homework or just killing time online).

I do pirate a lot of music, but this is because I am still a teen and neither I nor my family is in possession of very much money right now. I'd buy it legally, but unfortunately I really can't.

So basically, I don't care how other people listen to their music, or what music it is for that matter.
The Heard Mentality

Members:

John Stillwater - Lead Vocals/Rhythm Guitar
Ian Vandam - Bass Guitar/Backing Vocals
Stanley Emmetts - Lead Guitar/Backing Vocals
Jordin Emmetts - Percussion
Austin Echoman - Synth
Offline Aj  
#23 Posted : 27 January 2010 05:47:32(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
ianprower wrote:
Actually, I do a bit of both. I'll listen to some Sublime or early Flaming Lips stuff on the bus from school to home. And sometimes during the weekend, i'll pull up a Pink Floyd or later Beatles album and listen to the whole damn thing on iTunes(Usually while doing homework or just killing time online).

I do pirate a lot of music, but this is because I am still a teen and neither I nor my family is in possession of very much money right now. I'd buy it legally, but unfortunately I really can't.

So basically, I don't care how other people listen to their music, or what music it is for that matter.

The point people will make though was that your not meant to, and the amount of music that is accessible is beyond the point where you still appreciate music as an art form, because it SHOULD be something you tighten your wallet to buy or to save up for. Personally I think the amount of music out there is great, and I still have to save up for shizzle just now I can find the songs I really like rather than buying say an entire Bob Marley collection to get the right songs, I can click on the ones I want and get them within seconds, and with bands that you can tell want them to listen to the whole album I only ever do that at home so I'll just use youtube or something else if I can't buy the entire album.
Offline Thorgrim  
#24 Posted : 27 January 2010 14:21:10(UTC)
Thorgrim

Man

ianprower wrote:

So? What kind of excuse is that for pirating? Can't you just wait until you have enough money for the CD(s) you want to buy? You could always get a job, like delivering newspapers or something. Besides, I can tell from experience that you'll value something a lot more when you actually had to wait or work for it (after all, the chase is better than the catch. Just ask Lemmy).
Offline The Nimrods  
#25 Posted : 28 January 2010 06:13:45(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
I'm not gonna lie, the only album I've ever bought was Dookie and boy was it worth it.But I pirate all my music and I don't think it takes away the value of it, I find it stupid to say that because I didn't buy my music I don't appreciate it,m plus I can get lots of demos and EPs and what not that are hard to find.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline TheCDs  
#26 Posted : 28 January 2010 10:18:34(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The Nimrods wrote:
I'm not gonna lie, the only album I've ever bought was Dookie and boy was it worth it.But I pirate all my music and I don't think it takes away the value of it, I find it stupid to say that because I didn't buy my music I don't appreciate it,m plus I can get lots of demos and EPs and what not that are hard to find.

We never said you don't appreciate it, we said you would not appreciate it as much as someone who actually had to save up and make a choice between three, four, or five albums.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline Captain Insano  
#27 Posted : 28 January 2010 19:30:37(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I download a little bit of music but I have to agree, there is nothing quite like saving up the cash, having it in your hand and then making a choice as to what to buy.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.