logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rincewind  
#1 Posted : 07 February 2010 01:59:21(UTC)
Rincewind

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
every single year i get excited about this and every single year on here less and less people agree with me on the brilliance of Rugby...

anyway an obvious win for Ireland against Italy, but i don't thin they will be able to pull off two wins in a row..

the best match in my mind is England Vs Wales this week.... should be a fun one.
i reckon England to win it just. maybe 12-9..

France to win the Compeition this year but not as a grand slam, they will might loose to Ireland next week (which should be the best game of the competition) and if not then to Wales..

other peoples opinions?
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline forkboy  
#2 Posted : 07 February 2010 02:42:34(UTC)
forkboy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Blind national pride means I have to say Scotland win the Grand Slam and England get the Wooden Spoon.

Yeah, I know, fucking stupid.
Offline TheCDs  
#3 Posted : 07 February 2010 05:39:16(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have never seen a rubgy match and have always wanted to. It isn't really big here in the States (we have American football of course and it is getting bigger and bigger each year so now high schools are getting teams) but I have heard the two are somewhat similar. Is there a way I can watch any of these matches online, and if so can someone explain the sport to me?

Edited by user 07 February 2010 05:40:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline forkboy  
#4 Posted : 07 February 2010 05:44:30(UTC)
forkboy

http://www.myp2p.eu/comp...=rugby&allowedDays=1

Go there, 10am EST and you can watch Scotland vs France.

As far as the rules go, eh, it's a pretty straight forward game really, certainly when compared to American football which is just very bloody complex!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playing_rugby_union is a decent link for explaining the rules but really, it is just simple. There's no stoppages in play for the ball going down, instead it ends up with a ruck. Actually, I'm going to leave it there as my knowledge of rugby is enough for me to enjoy the game as a spectator but try and explain the rules? Nah.
Offline Rincewind  
#5 Posted : 07 February 2010 06:33:00(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

read a rough guide and watch a couple of games and most of the rules become self evident... a nice easy game to watch and understand...
Scotland have a lot to prove and you never know, they may win the calcutta cup...
but yay England win against Wales puts us in a very nice position i think....
get into it TheCD's its possibly my favorate sport of all time (although my over favorate sports are errr.... more rugby and snow sports)
and im just like:
Offline The Nimrods  
#6 Posted : 07 February 2010 06:45:11(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?&competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=rugby&allowedDays=1

As far as the rules go, eh, it's a pretty straight forward game really, certainly when compared to American football which is just very bloody complex!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playing_rugby_union is a decent link for explaining the rules but really, it is just simple. There's no stoppages in play for the ball going down, instead it ends up with a ruck. Actually, I'm going to leave it there as my knowledge of rugby is enough for me to enjoy the game as a spectator but try and explain the rules? Nah.

American football is complex? How? You have 4 chances to move 10 yards,when the person with the ball runs to the opposite side of the field from where he starts it's called a touchdown and the team he's on gets 6 points.After scoring the team has the chance to kick the ball through a goal post which would give them 1 extra point, or score another touchdown (only from 10 yards) which will give them 2 points.The other team gets the balls and does the same thing or at least attempts to, if the team fails to move 10 yards in 4 plays the opposing team gets the ball this is called a turnover.The ball can be moved by throwing it to another player or handing it to another player and then they run.How is that complex.Al I know about rugby is there's a huddle called the Scrum.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline forkboy  
#7 Posted : 07 February 2010 07:26:23(UTC)
forkboy

The Nimrods wrote:
forkboy wrote:
http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?&competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=rugby&allowedDays=1

American football is complex? How? You have 4 chances to move 10 yards,when the person with the ball runs to the opposite side of the field from where he starts it's called a touchdown and the team he's on gets 6 points.After scoring the team has the chance to kick the ball through a goal post which would give them 1 extra point, or score another touchdown (only from 10 yards) which will give them 2 points.The other team gets the balls and does the same thing or at least attempts to, if the team fails to move 10 yards in 4 plays the opposing team gets the ball this is called a turnover.The ball can be moved by throwing it to another player or handing it to another player and then they run.How is that complex.Al I know about rugby is there's a huddle called the Scrum.

I understand the NFL rules. But I'm sorry, it's anything but simple. I mean things like Holding Penalties. Or the fact defenders can only bump a reciever for the first 5 yards after the line of scrimmage, and after that it counts as a pass interference penalty. And the various other penalties as well. It's a really complex game to understand. Especially when you add in the complicated playbooks. And things like illegal formations etc.

Soccer has nice simple formations, a 4-4-2, 3-5-2, they all do fairly similar things in slightly different ways.
Offline The Nimrods  
#8 Posted : 07 February 2010 07:28:40(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Oh I thought you meant the general concept, but yeah the penalties are really stupid and fuck up games, like last year's super bowl, I wanted the Steelers to win (they're my favorite team) but the Cards did get fucked over.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline Rincewind  
#9 Posted : 14 February 2010 06:41:41(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

so the big match of the weekend is over and France thrashed Ireland... with wales staggering into the lead against Scotland (a game i think Scotland could have and should have won to be honest)...

hopefully Wales find their form before they play France!!

looks like it could be a case of England V France for the Six nations this year in the last game!
and im just like: