logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 11/08/2288 11:47:34(UTC) Greenleaf  
#1 Posted : 19 February 2010 04:38:57(UTC)
Greenleaf

Groups: Registered

New York Post Introduces Underground Band “Green Leaf”.
Maria (Vocalist)
Leon (Backing Vocals, Drums)
Luis (Guitarist)
Rebecca (Backing Vocals, Bassist)

Luis: Special thanks to New York Post for the over the phone interview, lol. Webcam would have been a lot better but at least it worked. Look forward to the article, which will be published next week. We cannot wait!

Phone interview with “NY Post“ :

How did you guys come about?
Luis: When we were younger, most of us knew each other very well. We were like best friends and one day Trunk and me had this crazy idea of us becoming a band. But It was nothing serious then, just for the hell of it. The only thing was that none of us really knew how to play instruments, so we decided to be more of a singing group. The first song we wrote was called “Green Leaf” and it honestly became our first love. We thought it was the best song ever, even though we only wrote like three songs as a group. As we grew up , we became less of a band and eventually decided to call it quits. However, during senior year of our high school year, the idea of us becoming a band came up again. At first, much doubt got in the way, since “Trunk” had moved out of state when we were in 9th grade and he was like the “core” of the band. But when we finally graduated, we all decided to get together and talk about it in a more serious matter. We then decided to look for our core again. Then “Leon”, Maria’s ex boyfriend came into mind. Leon is a really good singer and he knew how to play the drums, so that would have been a plus for the band, since no one knew how to play the drums. After much plead, Leon agreed to be part of the band. We all decided to rent an apartment to ourselves and here we are! We are very excited to begin working with our music. We haven’t been discovered yet, but we believe we will get there one day. We will posting demos of our songs soon, so look out for that.

What’s unique about you guys?
Maria: Well that’s a very tough question since almost everything has been done in music. Our main focus is to be ourselves. Leon is really our lead and he plays the drums. Usually the drummer is the one in the back, but he’s in the front in the sense of recognition.

Are you looking for fame?
Leon: Not in a negative way. Anyone wanting to be discovered is looking for fame.

Luis: I don’t know about you guys, but I would like to have people singing our songs in a concert one day.

Do you still keep in touch with Trunk?
Maria: Yes! He decided to go to school for “Sound Engineering/Music Business” and is now a part time producer. He might be working with us soon.

What kind of music do you listen to?
Maria: : We like instrumental music. Its our easiest way to get inspiration.

Would you consider yourselves a “Pop band”?
Leon: Well we aren’t “Popular” so, no. But we will touch on the mainstream side of music.

Recently many bands and artists like Tim Dunn, Ryan Ross, Stephen Holland have been trashing each other lately, How do feel about that?
Maria: I think it’s pathetic and sad. Like, Is that really how they want to be remembered. That’s why I think the industry is sad these days. People are more focused on others than themselves. That’s why music is suffering. They spend more time whining about others to sell more records. Its just pathetic. I personally think all their music suck ass. Its more like “Look whose talking”.

Leon: That Ryan guy is funny though.

Maria: No he’s not, he’s a jerk that million of ignorant tweens worship. I think he’s taking advantage of him being really “famous” to talk about others. You didn’t see Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, or any legends talking about others to sell their records.

Leon: Though I don’t agree with what he says, he’s just speaking his mind though.

Maria: But then he whines like a wuss, when the media is on his dick. I personally don’t see what’s so special about him. Blues? Are you kidding me. Since when does “blues” get #1’s on the Hot 100. So hardcore!

Leon: Lol, All right Maria, calm down. I don’t want tweens showing up to our apartment with torches.

Maria: Sorry, but the way he talks to women is annoying.

Leon: I like some of his songs, but that’s the way he is and you really can’t do anything about it.

Maria: Whatever.

If you guys know any events coming up were we can take part of, let us know with an E-mail. We will respond as soon as possible.

Um sorry if this offended anyone. I saw the controversy going on and I wanted to pitch in. I feel a little guilty posting but I wanted to give it a try. I also need feedback on what I should improve on. I would definitely appreciate it :] Hope you enjoy.

Edited by user 19 February 2010 04:39:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......
Offline bikz  
#2 Posted : 19 February 2010 04:48:23(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Controversy my fucking arse, it's no bitchin' without Kamikaze Kate, it's just a bunch of guys whining at each other!
Oh, hi. I hate you already. To get into my good books, you have to - fuck that, I don't have good books.
Yours diabolically,
Kamikaze Kate.

Never mind her, she's a bitch. Hi! (: Welcome to this crazy world we call the music industry. Green Leaf, eh? Do you like - TEA!? :D
-Katy-Soph "call me Bikki" Hetestien, Pyromasochist.

Edited by user 19 February 2010 04:50:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
#3 Posted : 19 February 2010 04:51:08(UTC)
Greenleaf

bikz wrote:
Controversy my fucking arse, it's no bitchin' without Kamikaze Kate, it's just a bunch of guys whining at each other!
Oh, hi. I hate you already. To get into my good books, you have to - fuck that, I don't have good books.
Yours diabolically,
Kamikaze Kate.

Never mind her, she's a bitch. Hi! (: Welcome to this crazy world we call the music industry. Green leaf, eh? Do you like - TEA!? :D
-Katy-Soph "call me Bikki" Hetestien, Pyromasochist.

Maria: You don't have good books, lol? What does that mean?

Luis: Well hello there mrs. Katy Soph I mean Biki. Nice to meet you I love tea!

Edited by user 19 February 2010 04:51:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......
Offline bikz  
#4 Posted : 19 February 2010 05:09:10(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Greenleaf wrote:

Kate : Biktch whatshername lotsanames said it well, I'm a bitch. I fucking hate most people who aren't me.
Bikki : Tea is greater than God or whatever, I think we'll get on OK. Pleased to meet you, and I'm usually called Bikki unless I'm on stage, or Mrs. Him if you only know my bloke haha, he's the small sexy one from "The Nimrods".
Kate : He's sexy? I wouldn't know, I can't see that fucking midget from way up here in giantland. Anyway. Hello. I think that was the point?
Bikki : Yes .... and tea ....

OOC : Good RP to start with, you did alright.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
#5 Posted : 19 February 2010 05:11:16(UTC)
Greenleaf

bikz wrote:
Greenleaf wrote:

Kate : Biktch whatshername lotsanames said it well, I'm a bitch. I fucking hate most people who aren't me.
Bikki : Tea is greater than God or whatever, I think we'll get on OK. Pleased to meet you, and I'm usually called Bikki unless I'm on stage, or Mrs. Him if you only know my bloke haha, he's the small sexy one from "The Nimrods".
Kate : He's sexy? I wouldn't know, I can't see that fucking midget from way up here in giantland. Anyway. Hello. I think that was the point?
Bikki : Yes .... and tea ....

OOC : Good RP to start with, you did alright.

Maria: Why is Kate a bitch?
Luis: I like Kate
Leon: Me too.....

OOC: Thanks, I thought I did comapring to tother RP's. But would still like to improve

Edited by user 19 February 2010 05:12:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......
Offline TheCDs  
#6 Posted : 19 February 2010 08:19:56(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Tim Dunn released a statement through the Axiom website today to comment on a recent interview that will be appearing in the New York Post:

I have been around and working in this industry at so many levels, from running record labels to being in bands as big as Axiom and The Electric Experiment and as small as Groove Machine. With that said I find it frustrating that an interviewer would ask a question such as "Recently many bands and artists like Tim Dunn, Ryan Ross, Stephen Holland have been trashing each other lately, How do feel about that?" I have not trashed either of those people. I made a point to vocalize my praise and admiration for what Ryan Ross Hernandez has done, and the only thing I had to say about Holland was that he has good tastes in liquor. More frustrating however is that some young band would comment on a situation that they obviously did not know about. This is indeed the same issue I was fighting against, publicity and fame taking precedence over the music. I will be remembered for creating, fronting, and being a primary songwriter for three critically acclaimed bands. I will be remembered for starting Souled Out Records and eventually becoming a partial owner/manager of what was once the massive Midnight/Mythic empire. To even insinuate that I was whining to sell records is insulting. Perhaps this band should spend more time working on their music instead of hypocritically commenting on a situation they know nothing about.

Dunn could not be reached for further comment as of press time.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline PANIC!  
#7 Posted : 19 February 2010 10:10:17(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
"Nice start to your career, dissing other musicians that have been here much longer than you have probably longer than you guys ever will be. I don't have a problem with people talking shit about me when they have their facts, correctly, but this Maria chick doesn't. If you would do a little research you'd know that the millions of tweens that love me are with my rock/pop band PANIC!, barely any of which are fans of my solo career because I don't believe listeners under twenty could honestly understand the points I try to get across with my blues work. My tunes might not even be considered blues, I even think Adult contemporary music would be even more applicable. Which in-case you're too musically-irrelevant, is a form of mainstream music. Not all top 40 hits are, pop bullshit.

By the way, I wouldn't say I'm a jerk. Douche bag, asshole, prick, arrogant are much better terms to describe me in the way people that don't know me personally do. Since when does blues-music get number hits on the charts? Since I started making blues music, is the only way I can explain it.

The most ignorant comment in this whole interview is about the way I talk to women. I understand if you don't enjoy my particular speak to women but I think 97% of women in this world would disagree. Even bigger than my apparent solo tween market, my biggest buyers are women. And I'm very fond of that fact.

But really girl, get your shit right next time or a better interviewer. I never knew the New York Post was turning to Us Weekly now. Since when have start been starting between myself, Tim and Stephen? Tim fucking praised me, why the fuck would I criticize him afterward. As for Stephen, sure, we traded some words but everything is alright between us. The careers of the three of us, are probably longer than the ages of your whole little underground band combined.
"

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.
UserPostedImage
Offline The Nimrods  
#8 Posted : 19 February 2010 10:21:51(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Jimmy:Actually Ry, I know you decently well and I think you're a bit of a prick, but that's ok.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline Moquel  
#9 Posted : 19 February 2010 10:34:35(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
OOC: Loved the roleplay and Good luck!
UserPostedImage
Offline Synxhard  
#10 Posted : 19 February 2010 12:03:06(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Well, being that my name wasn't thrown out with the rest and I'm too tied up trying to find Jimmy for an interview I've got in 15 minutes, I'll just assume either someone hasn't checked the Rolling Stone's forums or they understand to some extent the point I was trying to make. Either way, keep me out of this bullshit, I was in a bad mood and flipped, but no way in hell will I take part in the media fest revolving around Ryan.

-Matt
Black Gold Reign

OOC: Nice job, obviously read a couple threads.
#11 Posted : 19 February 2010 12:34:39(UTC)
Greenleaf

Reporter: Due to this whole drama the Green Leaf song has shifted over 20,000 copies! Is there anything Green Leaf will like to say?
GL Publicist: Green Leaf will be making no comments on the matter.

*Meanwhile in the apartment* [This is not a public conversation]

Luis: Um *yells* LEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leon: What?
Luis: Dude you will not believe this!
Rebecca: What is all the yelling about? It’s 2:00am and Maria is freaking sleeping guys.
Luis: Wake Maria up!!!!
Leon: You will not believe that both Tim Dumb and Ryan Wuss Jerknandez actually made a response to what we said. *Rebecca and Luis break into laughter* Like I didn’t even think that what we had to say was that important.
Rebecca: Ryan and Tim actually responded to what we said??? That is awesome!
Maria: *walks in front of the computer* WHAT! *with an angry face* *reads* Oh My god! Oh no he didn’t! Ryan Wuss Jerknandez just talked about us. *Begins to laugh*
Leon: So what do we do next?
Rebecca: Well, we are definitely not going to respond. I don’t want drama.
Luis: Me too.
Leon: But Guys, this can be good for our band. *to Rebecca, already knowing she was going to interrupt him* Listen! If we come up with a good respond that does not necessarily makes us look bad, this can be an opportunity to get our name out there.
Maria: I think this is already the opportunity. I honestly was just being honest in the interview and forgot that it was going to be published for millions to read. It was not my intent to offend them. We need to just move on. Like Rebecca said, we do not need drama. Are we really forgetting what were together in the first place? Were here to make good music and that’s it. I don’t want to be recognized for this.
Luis: I kind of agree man.
Leon: Just saying man gosh.
Leon: Right! I mean Ryan is just talking about people and that is an obvious cry for attention. Why does he feel he need to mention all those artists. Yeah we don’t know him, but we sure know his little “Pop Diva” personality he’s been demonstrating. I don’t think it is necessary for him to say all those things. Which goes back to him being a “”””””””Blues”””””””” artist? Its bullshit to me. His music falls in the border line of “Pop to maybe some R&B”. He’s a pop artist! That’s all I’m going to say on this wuss. I rather just work on our music instead.
Maria: Well, were still in trouble since their fan base is huge. So we are now going to receive a lot of hate.
Rebecca: And we’re going to ignore it. We shall not respond at all. I think we should just stay away from Gossip magazines and the reporters….
Luis: *interrupts* OUTSIDE OUR WINDOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maria: Oh no……….. What did we get into? *Opens the door*
Reporter #1: So Maria Espenoza Martinez, why did you really call Ryan Ross a jerk?
Reporter #2: Maria! Maria! Who is your celebrity crush?
Reporter #3: What do you think of Tim Dunn? Is he a jerk as well?
Maria: *Slams Door* Guys call the cops.
Leon: We can’t call the cops! I’m going to go out there!
Rebecca: You really like the attention don’t you? *Leon looks away* Just don’t go out there we have to call our manager

To be continued………………………………....................

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......
#12 Posted : 19 February 2010 12:40:37(UTC)
Greenleaf

Moquel wrote:
OOC: Loved the roleplay and Good luck!

Thank you!

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......
Offline TheCDs  
#13 Posted : 19 February 2010 12:52:27(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
OOC: Made me lulz. That is fantastic. I am glad there is a story arc that is becoming a board wide event.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline asdf  
#14 Posted : 19 February 2010 13:19:16(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
I think all these new pricks need to open their eyes and respect the people who made this business for them to even have a job doing. This guys is obviously a cocky, arrogant, PI pig who wants his 15 minutes of fame and shame on all of you for taking the time to comment back and give it to him.

- Randy Wilde
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
#15 Posted : 19 February 2010 14:41:56(UTC)
Greenleaf

asdf wrote:
I think all these new pricks need to open their eyes and respect the people who made this business for them to even have a job doing. This guys is obviously a cocky, arrogant, PI pig who wants his 15 minutes of fame and shame on all of you for taking the time to comment back and give it to him.

- Randy Wilde

Rebecca (Green Leaf): Well said!

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......