logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#1 Posted : 21 February 2010 12:33:33(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Despite the controversy surrounding his interview with Rolling Stone, released earlier this week, Ryan Ross Hernandez hasn't let the criticism get to him as he continues working on his upcoming EP, titled If Home Is Where the Heart Is... and his full-length LP, Everything Is Amazing & Nobody Is Happy. Which the singer/songwriter is working on simultaneously while touring across his Dark Secret Love U.S. tour.

The most loved and hated artist right now, has expressed his interest in having guest vocalists on his forthcoming new material.

"I've never really ventured into collaborations in past work, but I'm hoping to include a few on both my upcoming EP and full-length. It is really important for me to get the guests just right, I don't want to make another mistake like my last collaboration which was abysmal. But at the same time I don't want to overdo it, I don't want to have six tracks on either projects with featured guests. I don't have a definite amount of numbers of guests, I'll have to see what number feels comfortable. I still want it to be a Ryan Ross Hernandez record not a Ryan Ross Hernandez and Friends record. But right now I feel like 3 guests on the EP and 2 or 3 on the full-length is a decent amount."

Hernandez also gave a little more info on what we can expect on the EP/LP coming later this year.

"I'm obsessed with time lately, constantly crunching the numbers to get some sense of where I stand in the continuum. I've written most of these songs by myself, in solitary refinement. I've never experienced anything like the recording process involved in making Everything Is Amazing & Nobody Is Happy, my third-album-to-be. And musically, my major musical inspirations will show on the new album. Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, Ray Charles, Sting, Fleetwood Mac. It isn't going to have these huge layers of different genres, it's simply blues-rock with some blue-eyed soul that is about it."

The bluesman declined to comment on what song subjects when can expect on the records were about due to fear of early leaking online.

UserPostedImage

(OOC: If you want to be featured on RRH EP or full-length, please reply here or PM me. It isn't on a first-come first-serve basis so, just because you contact me first wanting to be featured doesn't mean you will be. If I want you on the record, I'll contact you back with a batch of songs that from there you can pick from which fits best with your character. By the way it can be any genre.)

Edited by user 21 February 2010 12:39:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#2 Posted : 21 February 2010 12:47:04(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Sounds good .... I could do vocals or guitar/bass for you if you could make room! (:
-ravenesque.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline PANIC!  
#3 Posted : 21 February 2010 13:06:12(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

bikz wrote:
Sounds good .... I could do vocals or guitar/bass for you if you could make room! (:
-ravenesque.

"I'll be in contact with you soon. Definitely a collaboration I would want to see on the record."

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.
UserPostedImage
Offline TheCDs  
#4 Posted : 21 February 2010 13:10:32(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Tim Dunn: Mike and I would love to be involved. We could provide guitars, piano, bass, doublebass, drums, and/or vocals.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline PANIC!  
#5 Posted : 21 February 2010 15:08:33(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

TheCDs wrote:
Tim Dunn: Mike and I would love to be involved. We could provide guitars, piano, bass, doublebass, drums, and/or vocals.

"I'll contact you guys sometime tomorrow and we can arrange something. Glad to see the musicians I wanted to see on the record be interested to work with me."

UserPostedImage
Offline the strom  
#6 Posted : 21 February 2010 16:19:42(UTC)
the strom

"i would by happy to play a guitar solo or rift if you want"

-ben (the strom)
UserPostedImage

HELL YEAH METAL FOR LIFE

THE STROM

the strom website here
the rockstar game music Here

bands

the strom (thrash metal) breaking up?
Band members
Ben
Ray
isacc
psyco
ryan
dlyin

Rp bands
Mind game (prog metal/alt metal)
Ben (guitar)
King (vocalist)
Jace (drums)
Luke (bass)

Offline Taylr  
#7 Posted : 21 February 2010 19:56:55(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
the strom wrote:
"i would by happy to play a guitar solo or rift if you want"

-ben (the strom)

Taylor: He doesn't do that kind of stuff. Anyway, Ryan, we'd be happy to join in.

Edited by user 21 February 2010 19:58:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline old.gregg  
#8 Posted : 21 February 2010 21:18:21(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I'll come along and play piano or do some backing vocals or something! Sounds awesome.

- Jakey Comatose
-
Offline Marksy  
#9 Posted : 21 February 2010 22:32:57(UTC)
Marksy

Man

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 113 post(s)
I would love to give some vocals, or play piano in one of your songs

- Kieran Marks
Offline Synxhard  
#10 Posted : 22 February 2010 05:30:51(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hey man, I know what I said about your Rolling Stone interview was kinda harsh and all, and it actually isn't in my best interest to be involved with media battles. Aint "metal", ya know? Well anyways, I know a good deal of people have already asked for spots, but I just was thinking it would be a good chance to bury the hatchet if I added some vocals to a track. Let's not let our egos get in the way of making great music. Contact me if you're interested.

-Matt
Black Gold Reign
Offline PANIC!  
#11 Posted : 22 February 2010 06:04:13(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

"Wow didn't expect to receive this much interest in working with me. I'm currently juggling work on the new material with touring but I'm working hard to get back in contact with everyone that has contacted me in due time, personally."

@Taylor - "Haha, that's where your wrong man. This is going to be my first top-to-bottom blues album so, probably every song on the record will have a guitar solo. I can't say it'll be a ala-Nimrod twenty minute guitar solos but they will be a decent-length for a blues artist. I'll sent you an e-mail over soon (OOC: PM)."

@Ben - "Thanks, but no thanks. It's gonna be really soulful guitar solos on it, but I'm gonna be taking care of all of them."

@Jakey - "A Jakey Comatose and Ryan Ross Hernandez collaboration, that shit sounds like a hit already. I'll send you over some rough home demo's I got that could use some piano on the final mix."

@Kieran - "Haven't made up my mind on how many tracks on the album will actually have piano but once I get that figured out I'll keep you in mind."

@Matt - "Hmm.... Let's see what we can work out. I'll contact you once I got some rough drafts that could work for your vocal ability., then we'll go from there."

UserPostedImage
Offline old.gregg  
#12 Posted : 22 February 2010 06:17:55(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Great stuff man, looking forward to it!

- JCx
-
Offline Taylr  
#13 Posted : 22 February 2010 06:22:49(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
PANIC! wrote:
"Wow didn't expect to receive this much interest in working with me. I'm currently juggling work on the new material with touring but I'm working hard to get back in contact with everyone that has contacted me in due time, personally."

@Taylor - "Haha, that's where your wrong man. This is going to be my first top-to-bottom blues album so, probably every song on the record will have a guitar solo. I can't say it'll be a ala-Nimrod twenty minute guitar solos but they will be a decent-length for a blues artist. I'll sent you an e-mail over soon (OOC: PM)."

@Ben - "Thanks, but no thanks. It's gonna be really soulful guitar solos on it, but I'm gonna be taking care of all of them."

@Jakey - "A Jakey Comatose and Ryan Ross Hernandez collaboration, that shit sounds like a hit already. I'll send you over some rough home demo's I got that could use some piano on the final mix."

@Kieran - "Haven't made up my mind on how many tracks on the album will actually have piano but once I get that figured out I'll keep you in mind."

@Matt - "Hmm.... Let's see what we can work out. I'll contact you once I got some rough drafts that could work for your vocal ability., then we'll go from there."

Taylor: He's on about metal like solo's, seeing as they are a heavy metal band.... But if I'm wrong... Ah well sue me. :P
Offline Regan  
#14 Posted : 22 February 2010 13:27:46(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I would love to be on any song of your choosing. I could do some vocals and help produce if you want.

-Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline PANIC!  
#15 Posted : 22 February 2010 14:14:27(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Regan wrote:
I would love to be on any song of your choosing. I could do some vocals and help produce if you want.

-Regan Futrell

"After I arrange the rest of the guest, I'll see what is the batch of songs left and we'll go from there. I'd love to produce a couple of tracks with you, we gotta talk about it 'cause I'm currently constantly moving from place to place on tour just got a lot of demo's so once I settle into a studio I'll call you up and see where our schedules fit in."

UserPostedImage
Offline Regan  
#16 Posted : 22 February 2010 14:17:03(UTC)
Regan

Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
PANIC! wrote:
Regan wrote:

-Regan Futrell

"After I arrange the rest of the guest, I'll see what is the batch of songs left and we'll go from there. I'd love to produce a couple of tracks with you, we gotta talk about it 'cause I'm currently constantly moving from place to place on tour just got a lot of demo's so once I settle into a studio I'll call you up and see where our schedules fit in."

Sounds good to me man. Just keep in touch.
-Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline PANIC!  
#17 Posted : 23 February 2010 09:59:11(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

"All spots taken! If you've expressed interest and I haven't contacted you yet I will in the coming days."

UserPostedImage