logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline asdf  
#1 Posted : 22 February 2010 16:33:57(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
CHAPTER ONE - AN ALLEYWAY

One night after a small gig in New York Johnny Johnson was walking through the alley ways of the city when he stumbled upon a fight between two young men and an older fellow who seemed to be drunk. Johnny watched as the man attempted to fend the two off but looked away as they slammed beer bottles into his head and he fell to the ground. They had picked up ball bats when Johnny stood up and walked from behind the building.

Johnny: What the hell do you punks think your doing huh?

The kids both looked at him and pulled out pocket knives.

Johnny: You kids think you scare me with that crap? I have seen way worse than anything you got hidden in your pockets. Here...got one of these?

Johnny pulled a small pistol out and the punks ran off in fear. The man was still on the ground now coughing up blood and crying.

Johnny: Come on old man, get up off the ground.

Man: I dont need your damned help kid....(coughs up more blood)

Johnny: Come on now.

Johnny picked him up off the ground and drug him to his car which was parked just a few blocks away. They drove off to Johnnys home as the old man fell into sleep.

CHAPTER TWO - "WHO THE HECK IS IN OUR BED?"

Johnnys home was a small cottage just passed the borders into Canada and he had to carry the old man inside through the rain and bitter cold. He set him down in the gues bedroom and walked back to the living room to sleep for a while. It was nearly morning and Stephanie arrived just before the break of daylight. John faintly heard her walk into the hallway to head for their bedroom but a loud screech of a holler was heard and she came running into the living room to wake him.

Stephanie: Who is that bum in the gues bedroom?

Johnny: Uh...well hes a bum I found on the street.

Stephanie looked him in the eyes for a long time waiting for some sort of explanation and John wanted to give her one but really, that was pretty much all he knew of the guy.

Johnny: Listen, I saw him get his arse kicked in an alley way and I felt sorry for the guy...is that so bad?

Steph: John! He is a bum, you dont know anything about him. Why was he fighting huh? He could have started it!

John: Why would he have started a fight when he is so weak and drunk?

Steph was completely in shock now as she recalled a time not so long ago when Johnny had done the same sort of thing before he came clean.

Johnny: Listen...I will talk to him tomorrow and then we can decide what to do but for now...he looks like hes knocked out pretty good and I doubt he will be going on any sort of murderous rampage tonight...can we get some sleep please?

Steph shook her head in disbelief but headed his decision and they walked to their bedroom. John peaked into the guest room to see the man laying naked now and closed the door quickly before she could see.

Stephanie: Whats wrong?!

Johnny: Wrong? Well we arent in bed yet and its 6 AM thats whats wrong, come on lets go. (he smiled crookedly and hurried to the bedroom.)

TO BE CONTINUED

OOC: I need to talk to Stephie as you see by the fact that Stehp is now dead....and yet alive...so this may be all for naught...

Edited by user 22 February 2010 16:34:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline asdf  
#2 Posted : 23 February 2010 14:33:28(UTC)
asdf

Man

CHAPTER THREE - WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DO YOU EAT?

The next morning Johnny was the first to wake and he spent a good three hours drinking coffee and watching t.v. before Steph or the bum got up. Finally though a shadowy figure walked into the room and sat down next to John.

Man: Why did you bring me here?

Johnny: Oh...well I saw you were in some trouble last night and I...I don't know I felt bad for you.

The man looked at John with a strange glare and then stood up.

Man: Well, thank you. I guess I will be going now do you want anything I...don't have any money but...

Johnny stood up and smiled.

Johnny: No, but you don't have to leave yet. Stay for breakfast at least. Please?

Man: Well I don't know now....I have places to go.

John gave the man a questioning look and walked to the kitchen. After a while the man followed with his head looking to the ground. Embarrassed he asked what was for breakfast.

Johnny: I don't know, pancakes and bacon probably. What do you like....what is your name?

Man: Jack...Jack Jameson.

Johnny: Well, what do you want Jack?

Jack: Pancakes will do quite nicely I think.

They both smiled and Johnny got out the pan, still feeling sorry for the poor fellow he cooked as many as he could before Steph woke up and they ate a hearty breakfast
telling jokes and watching the morning news.

CHAPTER FOUR - THE JAM SESSION

Jack: You're that rock star that just got married aren't you? Singer or something?

Johnny didn't want to be recognized but knew it was soon to happen so he shook his head yes and smiled.

Jack: I hate your music. It sounds like a bunch of pigs sqeeling at each other.

Johns spit out some of his coffee at this and began to laugh.

Johnny: Oh? I suppose you have some credentials to judge my music eh? Who are you to say that?

Jack: I can outplay anyone of you're lousy bands members. Give me that guitar there.

His wrinkled hand wrapped around its neck and he took a deep breath before beginning. When he did he played "Too Tough", one of The Rockers biggest hits of the 80s and Johnny gasped as he listened. The arrangement was slower, darker and much more sincere. Jack began singing in a somber voice that seemed to echo with its growly tones and deep range. Johnny listened as the guitar seemed to weep its notes and cry out with a passion like he had never heard.

Johnny: Where the hell did you learn to do that?

Jack: Son, I have been doing that for near forty years. It used to be my profession.

Johnny: Really? Who did you play with?

Jack: Play with? I was a solo artist friend and I was the best around. I sold millions of records in my day. That was before she died though.

Johnny: She? You were married?

Jack: Yea I was married thank you very much! She was Angel, and I loved her since before I could talk, we met at a flower shop when our parents talked over the roses. From there things blossomed and we got married at 17. I loved her more than anything in this world. I was 31 when she died of cancer...I retired then too.

Johnny: Why?

Jack: The way that pain makes you feel...its like no other...its the big one, the biggest pain there is. I couldn't take it you see. Now if you don't mind, I would much prefer to speak of something else.

Jacks eyes gleamed with sadness and Johnny did not want to press on. They turned to the t.v. and continued eating. Still...Johnny was interested in this Jack Jameson.

TO BE CONTINUED

OOC: As you may know, this is now what took place shortly before Stephanie Fierces death.

Offline asdf  
#3 Posted : 03 March 2010 18:58:17(UTC)
asdf

Man

CHAPTER FIVE - WAS A NICE MORNING

Johnny was sitting in the living room strumming his guitar when Stephanie woke up and walked out to see what they were doing.

Johnny: You aught to have heard what I hear this morning Hun.

Steph: I hope it was the noise of the door closing behind that guy.

John: Er...not exactly no.

Right that moment Jack walked out and greeted her with smiles.

Jack: Good morning ma'm. Lovely day don't you think?

Steph: Yes it was.

Jack looked bewildered at this but sat down anyway to sip his coffee.

Johnny: Let me show you guys something I have been working on for a while.

Johnny played a quick burst of a solo that had the typical rock mood and feel to it but Jack frowned deeply.

Jack: Give me that hunk of metal and let me show you how to do it right.

John was angered but agreed and handed the guitar to him. Jack took a deep breath and began playing a smooth chorus like solo that sounded like the quire of a thousand Churches. John and even Steph looked at him in amazement.

John: Damn Jack, how do you do it.

Jack: Hahaha, you got to feel it my boy, within you. What your doing, its "cool" but it doesn't have the spirit. Music has to live.

John sat back and laughed.

John: Yea, Jack if you don't mind, I want you to stay here for a few more days. Would you please, we would love to have you.

Stephs mouth dropped but Jack smiled widely and agreed to stay leaving her no chance to say no.

CHAPTER SIX - NEW IDEAS

About two weeks passed and Johnny continued to ask Jack to stay with them. Jack offered what little money he had for food but Johnny continued to refuse. Steph remained a bit angry until the second week when he showed her how she could reach a lower octave in singing. She slowly took to him.

Johnny: Jack, I have been thinking about it for a while, and I want to retire my band.

Jack: Why? You're doing good aren't you guys?

John: Yes, but I don't feel it anymore ya know? The funs gone.

Jack: Ahh yes. You should do it then, never stay in something you don't enjoy anymore.

John shook his head in agreement but then sat back up with a slight smirk.

John: I want to start a new one. Something different, a bid more acoustic, maybe even country.

Jack: Really? Your voice could do well there.

John: I need a guitarist, and a backing vocalist.

To this Jack frowned and stood up.

Jack: I know where you're going, and the answer is no.

He walked away and John sat back unhappy. He thought about it for a while and turned out his light to take a nap. He was tired and he had a large show to do the next day.

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#4 Posted : 03 March 2010 23:35:54(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
OOC: nice, people need to comment on this yo....
Offline asdf  
#5 Posted : 04 March 2010 08:06:14(UTC)
asdf

Man

OOC: Lol, thanks. I guess that means its good though, as all the "good RPs get ignored" so I dont know if I'm disappointed or happy....

Offline asdf  
#6 Posted : 10 March 2010 09:24:28(UTC)
asdf

Man

CHAPTER SEVEN - YOU STILL DONT GET IT

The show went great and Johnny returned home feeling confident and wanting to play around with some song ideas. He was sitting playing his guitar when Jack came walking in again.

Jack: How was your show?

Johnny: Fine, great crowd and we played well.

Jack shook his head and walked to the front door.

Johnny: What are you doing?

Jack: Leaving.

Johnny: What? Why?

Jack: I have mooched off you long enough. Besides I got things to do.

Johnny knew he was lying and stood up quickly to stop him.

John: You are not leaving, I want you to help me with my music.

Jack: For the last time I am not helping your music. What part of that dont you get?

John: Jack, please. I know I need help but I dont know with what...please help me find whats wrong.

Jack: There's no soul in the music, I have told you that already.

John: How the hell do I do that? How do you put soul in music?

Jack scowled and again grabbed the guitar from Johnny's hands. He went on to explain what he was doing.

Jack: This is how you would play this bit...

He played a short little soloesque bit of notes with a sound very much like Johnny would have played it. It was brass, and heavy with a bit of a twang.

Jack: Here is how you should.

He then replayed the same notes in a different way. This time they were drawn out a bit and more clear. He left them with a sense of peace and harmony. Again Johnny looked at him with wonder. He saw what the problem was, but still didnt know how to fix it.

Jack: You still dont get it, its not whats played, its how you play it son. Feel it, if you feel it you will get somewhere. Thats all you got to do.

He then stood up and nodded as he walked out the door. Johnny wanted to stop him again, but he was deep in though and he collapsed into the couch after a while of standing completely still.

Offline asdf  
#7 Posted : 24 March 2010 09:19:01(UTC)
asdf

Man

The following is a summary of what happened over the following months.

Johnny went on with his touring and recording and still planned on starting a new band with or without Jack, who he had not seen since the night he left. Stephanie was happy and also continued on with her life as normal. Jack was all but completely forgotten until one day John was in his home studio working on a new song. Jack walked in and sat down in the chair beside him.

The two of them sat there for a good 10 minutes before one of them spoke. John started but was interrupted.

Jack: I want to tell you I'm sorry...you gave me a chance that I didnt deserve and I acted a fool. I didnt plan on coming back, in fact I was glad to be on my own again. But then I got drunk for the first time again...I stumbled into a cave. I dont know how long I was there but I saw things...

John: Jack...

Jack: No, let me finish....I saw her face...I saw God. They both spoke to me and be it the alcohol or what...but I swear they told me in clear voices that I was doing wrong and that they were both upset with me...I wasnt brought up to live like this and it was like being smacked in the face. I realized what I had done, and what I should be doing...it took me a while but I made my way here and I hoped you could forgive me...

John: Of course...does this mean you want to help me.

Jack: I already got two songs ready.

Over the next month they shared song ideas, music philosophy, and Jack showed John things about music that he had never thought about. In more ways than one, Jack showed John what God meant. He explained how no musical style can express a persons feelings unless that person is willing to admit them to himself. They worked and worked until they worked out a good number of songs.

After one month Johnny asked Jack if he had anyone in mind that would be a good drummer for the band. Jack expressed that his Nephew would be perfect and John agreed to meet with him. Jacks nephew was named James Creten and was about the same age as John spare a few years younger. He had learned to play when he was young and received the same lectures from Jack early on. John and Jimmy found they had a lot in common and the decision was not a hard one to make.

Together they went into the studio to record a few demos to try and work out a sound for themselves. John sang and played the piano, Jack played guitar and sang. James sat at his drums but when asked to sing, he declined. Stephanie got home early that night and walked down to listen. John asked her to join them but she refused throughout the night. At about midnight they decided to call it a day and to continue tomorrow.

John still wanted Stephanie to sing with them and decided to ask her again after dinner.

John: Steph, please reconsider. It would be a whole new experience for you. I swear if you dont like it right off the bat, you can quit.

Steph: Johnny....I dont like Jack, I think I have made that clear.

John: Steph, please you barely know him. Give him a chance, I think he's really changed and you have not heard the things hes told me...I found a new life down there in the studio.

Steph: I dont care...hes a crazy old man and you are a fool for listening to him.

They went to bed that night upset at each other but John smiled as he fell asleep..."she wants to sing with us."

TO BE CONTINUED

#8 Posted : 24 March 2010 09:28:49(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

OOC: that made me giggle. Good job! I don't care if no one is reading these or supporting this. This is fucking good. Keep it up.
Offline asdf  
#9 Posted : 24 March 2010 09:33:41(UTC)
asdf

Man

OOC: Lol, thanks. Considering I rushed this part and wasnt very proud of it, thats a huge complement. :)

Offline Aj  
#10 Posted : 24 March 2010 09:35:10(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
ooc: I read it, just don't see the point in commenting because I hate it when people comment on my roleplays that go on longer for one post because it just means all the parts are spread out with little ooc comments inbetween and because I have an OCD I think it looks ugly :P
Offline asdf  
#11 Posted : 24 March 2010 09:36:41(UTC)
asdf

Man

OOC: Eh, I dont mind it really. Afterall, this is the fourth one in a row. lol

#12 Posted : 24 March 2010 09:52:46(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

asdf wrote:
OOC: Lol, thanks. Considering I rushed this part and wasnt very proud of it, thats a huge complement. :)

You're welcome. People bullshit, the wont comment unless they see someone commenting, because they feel like they have to comment or they'll look bad.

Edited by user 24 March 2010 09:54:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline asdf  
#13 Posted : 24 March 2010 15:42:13(UTC)
asdf

Man

The Next day John, Jack, and Jimmy joined again in the studio determined to get one song recorded for an official release. They chose a song called "Mercy" which was one of the songs Jack wrote in the caves and was about his own redemption. Jack sang while the others played a soft rising melody. The song was deemed good by the band but missed something until Stephanie walked in. She listened to the song per Johns request and suggest that it needed strings. John disagreed but Jack stepped in.

Jack: John, shes right. Toward the end would be great. During your piano solo.

John: Whatever....

They hired some people John knew and the song ended up exactly what Jack wanted it and John too agreed that Steph knew what she was talking about. Things went like this for over two weeks before finally Steph walked into the studio and sang duet with John on a song called "Risen" The song is about Christ but also about how Stephanie saved John from himself. John wrote the song years before, but could never figure out the arrangement. Finally he knew, to just have it be him, his guitar, and Stephanie.

Before they knew it they had recorded 17 songs and were being asked by the record company what their plans were. John was still working on his last albums with The Rockers and told them to wait. It was during this period that great sadness would be brought to the band...and most of all Johnny.

Stephanie Fierce was announced dead a few days later. John was told very little as he was not at the scene when it happened and he wouldn't find out much more over time. He had looked at her as his rock who would always be there. She was his saving grace and she was his only meaning for life. Jack tried his best to council him into being happy, but it was a lost cause. John was lost in a depression deeper than the oceans lowest floor.

Inevitably John turned to drinking again, something he had not done in many years. Steph had helped him stop. John to went wandering around on day and ended up in his old church in Missouri. He sat at the feet of Jesus for hours wondering to himself what he was supposed to do now. Memories haunted him and his mind ached from the pain of love lost. Finally, he fell and knocked himself out.

What are you doing? What kind of sign of love is this John? I am disappointed.

I'm sorry...I cant go on...take me with you please. There is nothing left for me here!

No. Do not presume that. There are people on Earth who still need you. Look for them.

John woke up with a pain in his head and upon sitting up he found Jack and Jimmy looking at him.

John: I...have to go to the studio.

#14 Posted : 24 March 2010 16:35:48(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Stephanie at that moment was excited about the project but for some reason didn't want to admit it. To her it was more realistic than her Pop stuff. She was in self denial. However, as time passed she felt more comfortable with it. Johnny could sense it since he knew Stephanie more than anyone else alive that knew her. But was Stephanie ready to drop her pop stuff and take a 180 in her music? Was she ready to handle the press and the response from her fans who knew her only for her fierce music? All these concerns worried Steph making her a little jumpy and some what defensive.

But deep down inside this was what Stephanie wanted. She was over the whole pop thing. While her fierce music was nothing but the truth, it was sugar coated with all the pop stuff. People wondered, how in the world did this two very different people fall in love.They seem to have nothing in common. those people were so wrong it wasn't even funny. Yes Steph and Johnny didn't always agree on things but one thing was understood each other more than anything and that's what sparked the connection. Stephanie and Johnny's romance was kept private because that's how it should be. It's not that they didn't connect, its because they kept it private.

At the recording session, once again Steph and Johnny disagreed on something. Just a minor disagreement. Nothing big, something that Hot topic would of probably taken out of proportion. And when Jacked stepped in and defended Steph, Steph was some what shocked. She didn't expect that from the older man. At the moment, Steph thought the man would probably despise her in everything since Steph made it clear that she didn't like him. However the wise man did the complete opposite and that slapped Stephanie right across the face. But it was a good slap because she now began to like him. And she felt more comfortable now.
Offline asdf  
#15 Posted : 25 March 2010 05:07:49(UTC)
asdf

Man

OOC: Wasn't expecting that, nice.

#16 Posted : 25 March 2010 06:58:21(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

asdf wrote:
OOC: Wasn't expecting that, nice.

OOC: hehe, thank you thank you *bows*. :) Since you have three characters to work with i thought it would be nice to help you a bit.
Offline asdf  
#17 Posted : 25 March 2010 09:49:54(UTC)
asdf

Man

OOC: Thanks, I was wondering how I should juggle Jack and Johnny's similar stories and with Stephanies death/missing.

Offline asdf  
#18 Posted : 25 March 2010 11:52:04(UTC)
asdf

Man

The following brings us up to date and at the end any further postings by me will be set in the present.

Johnny spent most of the next two months in the studio. Jack and Jimmy did their best to support him and so did Joey as they completed the last album for The Rockers. The album went on to become a huge success and Johnny felt happy. He was still being followed by a shadow that refused to leave but he pressed on. He immediately started working on the editing of the Savior recordings. He narrowed it down to 10 songs. 3 were duets of him and Stephanie. 2 were of him and Jack. 3 more were just him, and the last two were just Jack. He edited them into what he felt were some of the best songs he had ever wrote, and recorded. Finally a bit of joy returned to his face as he walked into the record label to pitch the album.

Cody: What the he...what were you thinking with this?

John: I wanted to take a different path, this is how I feel and this is what I am going to be doing from now on.

Cody: John, buddy...I have supported you through a lot of changes but this is completely different. This is...gospel country? What is this?

John: Its the blues...its country...its folk...its me. If you dont like it I will go elsewhere. This is who I am, this who we as a band are. This is where I'm at.

Cody: Where your at? John, I swear to you now, this will not sell!

John: It doesnt have to sell...I just want it out there.

Cody looked at the tapes on his desk and thought for a long while about the words he head heard.

Cody: John, I swear this is the last risk I take on you. You need to make up your mind on who you are and stay there. One man can not be twenty.

John: Dont worry. I aint changing.

Cody took the tapes and walked into the other room. When he returned John was gone and the room was quiet. John was on his way home, gently crying. He had done it...perhaps for the last time.

#19 Posted : 25 March 2010 11:56:32(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

OOC: Hmm. Interesting. Din't expect that from John at all. Gospel country sounds very interesting indeed.
Offline asdf  
#20 Posted : 25 March 2010 11:59:21(UTC)
asdf

Man

OOC: Well I thought it was obvious where I was going with it judging by who Jack is and what not. Remember, this is form Stephanie too now. ;)