logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 23 February 2010 00:29:00(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8625 time(s) in 2703 post(s)
He’s a new name to many rock fans and he’s already got himself a reputation as someone who doesn’t give a fuck. He was given the option as to where to have this interview and he chose a record studio in Los Angeles, California where the band is set to record their debut album in later this year they’ve got their room in the record studio and have already started personalising it with pictures of family and friends and a huge American flag is up on the wall which has been written on by the band. They’ve got this record studio room until August 27th 2010, nobody will be allowed in the room without the permission of the band which Aaron Joe doesn’t agree with “It’s apparently to stop people from stealing demo’s of songs we’ve recorded, It’s happened a lot to various bands recently, but if I’m honest I don’t agree with the rules that people have to ask our permission to enter the room, it’s a bit fucked up to say the least, but it’s a measure that had to be taken”. He leads me to the couch in the record studio which the band decided to put in the room “We spend a lot of time away from the performance area and because I’m constantly writing and re-writing songs I decided that we should have a couch and a coffee table in it, it gives it a more comfortable feel and it’s definitely better than kneeling on the floor to write lyrics“. As we sit down there’s a knock at the door, it’s a small man who asks what drinks we would like, We have two coffee’s and within 2 minutes the waiter is back with the coffee’s and we begin the interview properly.

Q: So the tour’s about to kick off are you nervous?
Aaron Joe: Not so much really, It’s the part of the job I’m most comfortable with, It’s like therapy for my soul, it’s the place where I feel most comfortable.

Q: So what part of the job are you not comfortable with?
AJ: The media interest is a bit of a downer but I can handle that and I don’t want to seem like a clichéd ungrateful musician who complains about being followed everywhere. But it’s a bit daunting preparing for our debut album there’s a bit of pressure on us to create a great album the labels took a chance on us and we don’t want to fail.

Q: So does that kind of pressure stunt your confidence in your song writing ability?
AJ: Well we’ve got a few songs which have built up since we formed but the song writing is an easy thing for me. It’s that pressure of putting yourself out there and being shot down which I’m afraid of.

Q: So beyond the confident exterior your racked with self doubt?
AJ: To an extent yeah, but I think a lot of musicians have self doubt but what makes them successful is the fact that they go out and do it anyway, you have to have a massive ego or no sense of fear at all to be a musician.

Q: There’s been reports that your dating Megan Walker what do you think of the attention your currently getting because of it?
AJ: It’s new to me not just the attention but being in a meaningful relationship in the past I’ve just really had one night stands I’ve never been in love with anyone until now. But the attention isn’t really going to harm my chances of success.

Q: The relationship seems to have begun very quickly, is it true that you had only known her for a day?
AJ: No not at all we had met a few times before in the past and I first met her in June 2009 after Max Armstrong introduced me to her. We’ve also been to a few party’s in California where we spent time with each other and had fun, there’s always been a connection between us. We met up at a party on 16th Feb 2010 and spent pretty much the whole evening together and things just happened from then onwards.

Q: Ok so this is a relationship your hoping will last longer than previous?
AJ: Well yeah, We’re not asking questions or anything we’re dating and we’ll see what happens really, we don’t have a plan. But who knows what the future holds.

Q: Could we maybe see a marriage or kids in the future between you two?
AJ: I Dunno maybe, I’ve always known that I wanted to get married and have kids eventually but I’ve never been in love before. I’m certainly happy at the moment and anything can happen in the future.

Q: Ok so we’ll get back on track with the music. Your debut album is expected to be out this year what can you tell us about it?
AJ: It’s gonna be tough to explain because we haven’t chosen any songs for the album yet. At the moment it’s just gonna be 10 of the best songs we’ve written put together. It’s not gonna be a concept album or “Rock Opera” but that kind of album is something I would be interested in, in the future but not for our debut album.

Q: And you’ll be touring the world in support of it?
AJ: Yeah that’s the plan at the moment, it’s set to be a massive tour which could last over a year and a half.
It’ll probably be the biggest tour we’ve done.

Q: Your touring the USA and opening the tour tonight and ending it in May is that gonna be a tough couple of months?
AJ: It’s obviously gonna be harder now that I’m in a relationship but that’s something we’re be prepared for. We haven’t been together long so it’s gonna be a good test for our relationship but we’ve already practiced phone sex in case we get lonely.

Q: Is there not any worries that one of you will falter and end up cheating on one another?
AJ: I wasn’t expecting that question, but we both just have to trust each other, I know I definitely won’t be cheating on her because there’s nobody who could even come close to her and I’d like to think that she won’t cheat either I’ve heard about Skype and that could play a big part in keeping our relationship going.
But I think that if we can’t get through a couple of months without cheating then the relationship isn’t worth fighting for but I’d never cheat on her so I don‘t think it would be an issue.

I’d like to thank you for your time and wish you look on your tour, debut album and your relationship.
Offline infinite135  
#2 Posted : 23 February 2010 03:50:12(UTC)
infinite135

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Greg: Good luck with you on your new relationship! I'm looking forward to your debut album. I've also been to a few of your live shows, and i have to say; keep up the good work!
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 23 February 2010 04:00:45(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

infinite135 wrote:
Greg: Good luck with you on your new relationship! I'm looking forward to your debut album. I've also been to a few of your live shows, and i have to say; keep up the good work!

"Thanks mate, We've been touring a lot in the last few years and it's the people who used to come to see us in the small clubs who've helped keep this band alive".
- Aaron Joe
Offline infinite135  
#4 Posted : 23 February 2010 04:25:55(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Greg: Oh, i know the feeling. Well, if you ever need a support band for your tour, we'd be glad to fill in.
Eric: And... we'll have just have to hope the audience doesn't hate us.
Greg: We'll be playing in clubs for most of the week, so come check us out if you get the chance. Tickets don't cost too much.
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 23 February 2010 04:38:11(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

infinite135 wrote:
Greg: Oh, i know the feeling. Well, if you ever need a support band for your tour, we'd be glad to fill in.
Eric: And... we'll have just have to hope the audience doesn't hate us.
Greg: We'll be playing in clubs for most of the week, so come check us out if you get the chance. Tickets don't cost too much.

"Yeah I'll try to drop in if I've got time, Obviously the tours gonna make it difficult"
- Aaron Joe
Offline PANIC!  
#6 Posted : 23 February 2010 06:48:42(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
"(shakes head) When will these new kids on the scene learn? You never start to date actresses until you, yourself are famous. If not then it's clearly a publicity stunt to gain attention. Ah, I miss naive love. Although if I had to give this guy advice, love or no love never, and I mean NEVER mention marriage or kids when you've been in such a short-term relationship. That is relationship suicide right there, if you really want kids and/or get married get rick quick and retire when your 30 which is my plan right now.

On a side-note, phone sex? That's pretty fucking creepy, at least video chat or something if you wanna have fictional sex.
"

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 23 February 2010 07:40:43(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

PANIC! wrote:
"(shakes head) When will these new kids on the scene learn? You never start to date actresses until you, yourself are famous. If not then it's clearly a publicity stunt to gain attention. Ah, I miss naive love. Although if I had to give this guy advice, love or no love never, and I mean NEVER mention marriage or kids when you've been in such a short-term relationship. That is relationship suicide right there, if you really want kids and/or get married get rick quick and retire when your 30 which is my plan right now.

On a side-note, phone sex? That's pretty fucking creepy, at least video chat or something if you wanna have fictional sex.
"

"Thats kind of why I mentioned the skype thing, I'm not that sure what it is exactly but I've been told about it. And also I was asked the question about marriage and I said that someday maybe I'll get married and have kids I didn't say it was in my current plans that's a long time away and believe me this isn't a publicity stunt. And I don't really think you should be giving relationship advice".
- Aaron Joe
Offline Aj  
#8 Posted : 23 February 2010 08:27:08(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
C4AJoh wrote:
PANIC! wrote:

"

"Thats kind of why I mentioned the skype thing, I'm not that sure what it is exactly but I've been told about it. And also I was asked the question about marriage and I said that someday maybe I'll get married and have kids I didn't say it was in my current plans that's a long time away and believe me this isn't a publicity stunt. And I don't really think you should be giving relationship advice".
- Aaron Joe

This.

Ben