logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 23 February 2010 09:41:11(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8625 time(s) in 2703 post(s)
New Hampshire, Verizon Wireless Arena Gig
Heroes & Cons opened the first night of their US tour with a bang.
Their support act Heroes For Hire warmed up the audience and maybe even gained some new fans themselves but then 7 minutes after Heroes For Hire finished their set the lights went out and the crowd went silent.
The excitement began to build between the audience members and then with a huge bang a spotlight shined on stage and out came the act we all came to see standing with their guitars at the ready was bass player Joey Pritchard and lead singer Aaron Joe and behind them was drummer Frank Black with his thumbs aloft and then he counted the band in and the evening begun with a fast paced and rockier version of Rebels With A Cause which featured as a B-Side demo version on their first single, The vocals were just about perfect.
They finished their first song and before they begun the second song Aaron Joe stepped back up to the mic “New Hampshire are you ready for the night of your lives” which was met with deafening cheers “This next song is called If I Ain’t Got Sin, Then I Ain’t Got You” the guitar intro marked the beginning of the song and although the crowd probably hadn’t heard the song before the were enjoying it as though it was their signature song.

They flew through the next couple of songs first Hallelujah Is A Word I Won’t Use “This is a song by the 4th Street Band and they’re a huge influence on us” this cover could be a potential hit for the band and it seemed to go down well. Next up was two songs played without stopping the first was Calling My Girl From A New York Hotel Room which finished and led straight onto the intro for (F-Y-I) I’m A Lot More Normal Than You Think which was played slow than most of the other songs this evening and before you knew it the pace had picked up again and Aaron Joe led the band into Epic Love Story’s Don’t Happen “When I wrote this song I actually believed everything I was writing and I still did up until last week” He changed the final lyrics in the song to offer hope rather than loneliness.
“This next songs by The Junction and It’s called Teenage Heartland” cue more screams, it was a pretty basic cover and before we knew it they had finished the song said thank you and left.
The audience applauded the loudest they had all evening to get the band back onstage and they were back quick enough to give an extended encore “We haven’t actually played the next three songs live before so please bare with us”.
Ballad Of A Lost Love (Part 1) then (Part 2) was the new songs before a cover of another 4th Street Band song Look Around Son, This Is Yours and you couldn’t tell if there was any mistakes on those new songs and the final performance of the night was one which everyone was singing along to Class Of 13 the song which just missed out on the top 40 singles charts but was number 1 in the arena this evening, the screaming was deafening during this final song and the band certainly left the crowd desperate for more.
After the gig there was an announcement from the tanoy system “Thank you for showing up tonight and if you want to meet the band stay seated and they’ll be out in 20 minutes to speak to you” a lot of the audience stayed seated this evening and I was one of them and credit to the band they spent time talking with pretty much all of the people who stayed seated not only was it a fantastic performance but the fans they left wanting more got more when they got to meet “Their New Favourite Band”.

Setlist
1. Rebels With A Cause
2. If I Ain’t Got Sin, Then I Ain’t Got You
3. Hallelujah Is A Word I Won’t Use (4th Street Band Cover)
4. Calling My Girl From A New York Hotel Room
5. (F-Y-I) I’m A Lot More Normal Than You Think I Am
6. Epic Love Story’s Don’t Happen
7. Teenage Heartland (The Junction Cover)
8. Ballad Of A Lost Love (Part 1)
9. Ballad Of A Lost Love (Part 2)
10. Look Around Son, This Is Yours (4th Street Band Cover)
11. Class Of 13
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 23 February 2010 22:04:11(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

I Managed to take this photo of the band from last nights performance
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 23 February 2010 22:47:54(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

OOC: It's my first gig review I've done so if you have any suggestions for future reviews please let me know.
Also just let me know what you think about it, Thanks.