logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Marksy  
#1 Posted : 01 March 2010 07:51:57(UTC)
Marksy

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 113 post(s)
When Kieran Marks became lead singer of The Verdict Is Vengeance back in 2007, he had no idea that three years into the future he would be one of the most famous, and looked up to members of his music scene. As he walks around London, where he and his fellow band mates have been recording for a new release (and the location of his record label, Suicide Records) he is only recognised by fans of him or his music, and even then he is not normally approached. “With being an idol, comes this almost invisible barrier, the kids want to meet me, but are intimidated” He explains. As we enter a small looking cafe in Camden, London, only minutes away from Marks’ record label’s headquarters, we begin to see how much of an effect he has had on the small area with the owner giving him and myself the best hospitality ever seen.

Thanks for being here for this interview; we know how busy you have been over the past few months.

Kieran: Thanks for giving me a change in my average day!

Well what is an average day for you?

Kieran: For the past few months it’s been, record [with The Verdict Is Vengeance], then go to Suicide Records and sort out everything, then working on my new project...

A new project? Can we have any details? Or is it on the down low?

Kieran: I’d rather not talk about it right now, but it’s going to be different to what you would think.

Well that’s something we didn’t expect, how are things with the guys [The Verdict Is Vengeance] at the moment?

Kieran: Can’t say that we are get along as well as I would like, but it’s because we’ve been spending too much time together working, We need a break.

Are you suggesting that the band is going to take a break in the near future?

Kieran: We have so many commitments at the moment that we can’t have a break, we’ve got three tours with Chimera over the year, and then we’ve got festivals and other work to do, still in 2011 I’m hoping that we take the break that I’ve been waiting for.

Sounds like you’re ready to quit, is this new project to do with this?

Kieran: Not practically, I’ve made it because I don’t want to be fixed down to one genre of music.

Do you think that the new EP from The Verdict Is Vengeance being released will affect how you feel about the band?

Kieran: I’m not sure, I mean I want to be a part of the band, but at the same time I wish that we could have a break. I don’t want to end up hating the other members because of this band, and if that means leaving and them hating me then so be it.

Ever wonder if the other members feel the same way?

Kieran: Yes, if we all feel the same way then maybe the something would be done, but I can’t see anyone else talking about it publicly, so I’ll have to wait till they read this, or talk to me about it.

You seem to be against the whole band, what has happened to make you feel this way?

Kieran: Nothing has happened, I didn’t want to record another CD just after releasing a debut album, we need to work on material for a full release that had more effort and time put into it, but I got out voted.

Well we hope things get better for you and the band, you can’t quit this early in your career.

Kieran: I’m not promising anything.

Thanks for your time Kieran, hope to hear from you again soon.

OCC: Fan comments would be nice :)

Edited by user 01 March 2010 09:05:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified