logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Regan  
#1 Posted : 01 March 2010 13:34:45(UTC)
Regan

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Regan Futrell has recently told a magazine about the new A Static Theory album and it's line-up.

When asked about how the line-up will change directions from last time they left off Regan had this to say:
"Just because this is a new line-up doesn't mean our sound direction will change. This is the 3rd incarnation of A Static Theory and will be it's last unfortunely but this line-up is more tighter and more openess to each of the band members. It's hard writing songs with a band this is a 7 or more member band. I learnt that the hard way."

He talked about the album aswell:
"We're now in the beggining stages of the album. In fact I sent some song titles out to some of the members and I hope to have the sound more progressive, experimental, and industrial. I've wrote one song called Bloodlines that might make the album might not. But the album is defintely under way."

When asked when to expect the album he had this to say:
"Well we hoped to have it out early spring but it's looking towards before or begginning summer. We have to have time off of our other bands schedule to be able to work around all this so we've been thinking about how we're gonna do this. I'm hoping to release a remix album of it afterwards. I wanted to do that with Quarantine because I would love to hear the music of that remixed by people but I think we might actually do it with this album. I'm also working on my solo album at the same time that I've held off for a while. Then you have the next Quarantine album which I was hoping to have a new album out by summer but that might get pushed to winter or fall of this year. Hoping to go very experimental with the new A Static Theory album unlike anything I've done. I feel a huge hit coming this way."

When asked about who will be producing the new albums he is expected to be making he said A Static Theory will self-produce the new album and his solo album will most likely be produced by him and Jakey Comatose(Not confirmed though), and for the next Quarantine album he said the band might self-produce the album themselves.
thecerebral_collection:
quarantine | thewaitingroom | bunker18
Offline Gorloche  
#2 Posted : 01 March 2010 20:44:43(UTC)
Gorloche

Mark and I would love to play bass and drums with you guys again. If you remember, we played on the very first AST album, doing the rhythm tracks, and we put in a heavy, progressive feel. We're freeing up our schedule very soon to get to work on recording new material, and so this gives us a perfect chance to work on tracks with you, if you'd like. We really enjoyed working on that very first album, but there was never really an opportunity to do that again, given conflicting schedules and you wanting to take AST into a different direction for the second version. But this sounds fun! Tell us if we can, if you would.

- Langdon
Offline Regan  
#3 Posted : 02 March 2010 05:59:56(UTC)
Regan

Man

Gorloche wrote:
Mark and I would love to play bass and drums with you guys again. If you remember, we played on the very first AST album, doing the rhythm tracks, and we put in a heavy, progressive feel. We're freeing up our schedule very soon to get to work on recording new material, and so this gives us a perfect chance to work on tracks with you, if you'd like. We really enjoyed working on that very first album, but there was never really an opportunity to do that again, given conflicting schedules and you wanting to take AST into a different direction for the second version. But this sounds fun! Tell us if we can, if you would.

- Langdon

We already have a full line-up but you can lay some bass and drums on some tracks we'll have soon. And I remember!
-Regan Futrell
thecerebral_collection:
Offline Gorloche  
#4 Posted : 03 March 2010 20:08:00(UTC)
Gorloche

That sounds fantastic! Send us over the tracks and we'll get working right away. It'll be great to be working with you again. Perhaps we should cut an album together at some point. We're not singles-oriented people, but the idea of working together with you for a full album or even a full single is nice. Maybe one of your solo records.

- Langdon
Offline Regan  
#5 Posted : 08 March 2010 14:13:41(UTC)
Regan

Man

Gorloche wrote:
That sounds fantastic! Send us over the tracks and we'll get working right away. It'll be great to be working with you again. Perhaps we should cut an album together at some point. We're not singles-oriented people, but the idea of working together with you for a full album or even a full single is nice. Maybe one of your solo records.

- Langdon

Alright. I do have a new solo album that is going to be experimental and dark that you guys can add some heavy bass and drums to if interested.
-Regan
thecerebral_collection: