logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bikz  
#1 Posted : 01 March 2010 20:44:56(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
20th International Music Awards (Birdies)
14th March 2010

Yesyesyes, the Birdies are still going in 2010. This is the thread where you say how great you are. Be completely shameless. ;)
Posting here does not guarantee you a nomination, but you're like, a million times more likely to get one if you do. Or something.
DO NOT OVERDO THE IMAGES. If you have a lot, please use montages and/or links. Or I'll eat your soul ....

The categories are -
Best Band
Best Solo Artist
Best Band Member
Best Underground Artist
Best Newcomer
Best Artwork
Best Album
Best Single
Best Collaboration
Best Website
Best Live Act
Best Gig/Tour/Festival
Most Attractive Male
Most Attractive Female
Best Record Label/Management
Best Personality
(I hope the four new categories are good.)

And the judges are -
Katy-Soph (Bikki) Hetestien, Pyromasochist
Billy Jacobs, Failed Youth
Johnny Johnson, The Rockers
Nick Edmondson, Pilot
Pauli Schwartz, Transferium Project
Ryan Ross Hernandez
Regan Futrell
Angel (Le Fierce)
Jimmy Him, The Nimrods

How to judge (OOCish) -
1. Pick 1-3 nominations in each category. Do not vote for yourself.
2. PM them to old.gregg (do not send them to me, or post them publicly) on or before 7th March 2010.

If you need to know anything else, just ask Jakey or me,
-b.k.x.

More About Plugging & Nominating ....
You may be wondering, why is everyone showing themselves off? Why should I do that? Isn't it just cocky, shameless, etc. to nominate yourself?
1. Plugging yourself in this thread is not nominating yourself, you aren't guaranteed a nomination if you post and show off here. However, it does help .... how? Because there are a lot of us. Judges are unlikely to have the time and/or stamina to go trawling through a ton of threads to pick. So, if you write here, in a nutshell (or maybe the whole nut if you're really going for it), what you want to achieve and why you should, then you're much more likely to get your nominations.
2. It's true, nobody likes a showoff. But we make exceptions here - a good cocky, shameless show-off of a roleplay is GOOD! Remember, YOU ARE THE BEST!

Edited by user 08 March 2010 02:17:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline asdf  
#2 Posted : 01 March 2010 20:48:11(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
OOC: Judging work the same way, as in no voting for ones self until round two?
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline bikz  
#3 Posted : 01 March 2010 20:56:09(UTC)
bikz

Woman

asdf wrote:
OOC: Judging work the same way, as in no voting for ones self until round two?

Yup. Just added that.
UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline troy211619  
#4 Posted : 01 March 2010 21:01:23(UTC)
troy211619

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
bikz wrote:
20th International Music Awards (Birdies)
14th March 2010

Yesyesyes, the Birdies are still going in 2010. This is the thread where you say how great you are. Be completely shameless. ;)
Posting here does not guarantee you a nomination, but you're like, a million times more likely to get one if you do. Or something.
DO NOT OVERDO THE IMAGES. If you have a lot, please use montages and/or links. Or I'll eat your soul ....

The categories are -
Best Band
Best Solo Artist
Best Band Member
Best Underground Artist
Best Newcomer
Best Artwork
Best Album
Best Single
Best Collaboration
Best Website
Best Live Act
Best Gig/Tour/Festival
Most Attractive Male
Most Attractive Female
Best Record Label/Management
Best Personality
(I hope the four new categories are good.)

And the judges are -
Katy-Soph (Bikki) Hetestien, Pyromasochist
Billy Jacobs, Failed Youth
Johnny Johnson, The Rockers
Nick Edmondson, Pilot
Pauli Schwartz, Transferium Project
Ryan Ross Hernandez
Regan Futrell
Angel (Le Fierce)
Jimmy Him, The Nimrods

How to judge -
1. Pick 1-3 nominations in each category. Do not vote for yourself.
2. Send them to Jakey Comatose (OOC : PM them to old.gregg - do not post them publicly) on or before 7th March 2010.

If you need to know anything else, just ask Jakey or me,
-b.k.x.

Could I nominate Reckoner for:
Best Newcomer
Best Live Act
Best Underground Artist
Best Band
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Gorloche  
#5 Posted : 01 March 2010 21:04:46(UTC)
Gorloche

I'd like to formally put up Enoch, Sudan, Pharaohs, and the Theosophical Society (henceforth known as the Theosophical Society Collective) up for Best Band and Best Underground Band. We've been nominated for Best Band and Best Album numerous times, but have never won a single album amongst any of the various groups making up the collective. We've recently released a comprehensive 4-album compilation series of archival, unreleased Enoch material, a 3-album compilation series of a working album by Sudan that was never assembled, despite all the songs being written, a new studio album from Sudan, the third of three three-disc albums by the Grand Society, and two new albums from Pharaohs. We've been around for gobs of time and are widely considered the greatest progressive collective around. Our work has inspired people from award-winning groups like Herr Fische, Waterlelie, The Black Gates, and the Nimrods, yet we have not yet won a single award. Personally, that makes us feel like an Icon and no further awards for us ever would be the most fair, but that is honestly some vanity! Anyway, we think we've done well enough to warrant a Best Band for the collective, or at the very least, Best Underground Band.

Best Album

Sudan - Engines of Decay

The guys from Sudan worked long and hard on this one, piecing together songs over the 65 weeks their compilation series had been released bit by bit. It features a new sound for them, rooted in much more direct songwriting that still contain progressive and technical structures. It's fast, heavy, progressive, and technical, and is a clear indicator of their place at the top of the progressive metal movement currently working on the charts. See HERE for more details.

The Grand Society - The Sandman / Lucifer / Transmetropolitan

We aren't suggesting all three should win, but are putting each up individually. The entire Theosophical Society, as well as Herr Fische and the Black Gates, came together to form the second version of the Grand Society and, over the course of over a year of trading tapes and flying to our studios in America, Australia, and the UK, came up with three separate three-disc long albums, each a massive concept piece in their own right and the first two being related storywise indirectly. These are each easily the most demanding, complex, lavish, rich, and intricate pieces ever put to tape, possibly being exceeded only by the albums of the first iteration of the Grand Society. And since the combo of The Celestial I / II didn't even get a nod last time, it would be a crying shame if we were passed up again.

Come to think of it, we'd like to put up The Grand Society Mk. II for Best Collaboration. Can we put up the supergroup itself or do we have to pick a specific album/song?

And remember us for the Icon!

- Langdon
Offline bikz  
#6 Posted : 01 March 2010 21:07:03(UTC)
bikz

Woman

troy211619 wrote:
Could I nominate Reckoner for:
Best Newcomer
Best Live Act
Best Underground Artist
Best Band

You could talk about them here and say why you think they deserve these awards, but there's no guarantee of a nomination.
UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#7 Posted : 01 March 2010 21:08:44(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Gorloche wrote:
Come to think of it, we'd like to put up The Grand Society Mk. II for Best Collaboration. Can we put up the supergroup itself or do we have to pick a specific album/song?

I haven't really gone through that .... I'll say yes, collapse award can be a group, album or song, as long as it's some sort of multiple thing ....
UserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#8 Posted : 01 March 2010 21:10:36(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Best Band - THE ROCKERS

Best Band Member - Johnny Johnson

Best Underground Artists - Steel Blue

Best Artwork - The Rockers "The End Part Three"

UserPostedImage

Best Album - The Rockers "The End Part Three"

Best Collaboration - The Waiting Room with (a bunch of people including Johnny Johnson)

Best Label - V-Records, MTN Records, MolotoV Records

Best Tour - The Rockers "THE END"

Best Live Act - The Rockers

Best Personality - Johnny Johnson

- Plug finished, lol.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline troymazing  
#9 Posted : 02 March 2010 02:12:22(UTC)
troymazing

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Best Solo Artist
Aurora Fortin - with 24,000,000 singles sold and 9,500,000 albums shifted, Aurora has made a major impact in pop music. Her last two albums went #1, and her third is sure to do the same. She's played in huge stadiums, and entertained people all over the world. She's also given birth to twins and come out of the closet during all of this. Who else could do the same?

Best Artwork
Madison O'Leary - "Ecstasy"
UserPostedImage

Best Album
Aurora Fortin - The Price of Fame
Written solely by Aurora Fortin, The Price of Fame chronicles her life at the top of the pop industry and the things she's gone through. In the time that she created The Price of Fame, she carried twins, came out to the world and found love. What else could she have done? The inspiration is evident in the album, which charted at #1 in Australia/New Zealand, Asia and Europe. It also debuted at #1 on the world charts.

Best Collaboration
Madison O'Leary & Sexy Star - "The Glamour, Glitter & Tears World Tour"

Best Website
Madison O'Leary's official website

Most Attractive Male
Sexy Star

Most Attractive Female
Aurora Fortin

If the award title is blue, the line below it is clickable link.
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

Offline Taylr  
#10 Posted : 02 March 2010 03:16:34(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Best Band - Dead Roses. since 2001 (ooc: I know I've been around since 2007 but 7 albums in three years is odd :P), all 7 of their albums have reached the top 100 in some area of the world, and have reached #7 in the UK for Friends That Can Fade, also they are finishing their band this year at the Aftermath festival and still have never won anything, yes, feel sorry for us. :P - Matt.

Best Band Member - Any of us really, Taylor is the most useful one as he produces our music. - Jay.

Best Album - Friends That Can Fade - Reaching #7 in the UK, #55 in the USA and #137 world-wide, this is by far the best selling Dead Roses album ever. Selling almost 1 million copies, so it's a platinum in the UK from 509,721 sales but not even a platinum in the USA from 399,277 sales.

Best Single - You've Got The Gun - Top 50 in the UK, USA and Canada, and in the top 130 everywhere else, and #67 world-wide, this could be the best single of Dead Roses' 9 year run as a band. The single features the original version of the song, a live version from from Midsummer Mashfest '09 and an acoustic version on BBC Radio One's Live Lounge.

Best Collaboration - One Man Down, One World Left to Go - Dead Roses and Moronic Changling.

Best Website - http://www.wix.com/Dead_Roses/Dead_Roses_Official - Still under slight construction.

Best Live Act - Dead Roses - We'll make you laugh with Matt's Princess-Guy act jokes, we'll play at our best, and what else do you need :D. - Taylor.

Best Gig/Tour/Festival - Aftermath.

Most Attractive Male - Any of the Dead Roses members, if you wanna see some non nude photos, go onto our website. - Matt.

Best Record Label/Management - Obviously going for our record label, MoltoV. - Jay.

Best Personality - Any of the band members, we are all lovely people, untill we're sober. :P Kidding. - Matt.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#11 Posted : 02 March 2010 03:19:07(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Best Band- The Chickmunk Girls

Edited by user 06 March 2010 10:50:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline old.gregg  
#12 Posted : 02 March 2010 03:20:45(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Vote me for best whatever, and I'll make you happy with my mouth.

- Jakey Comatose x
-
Offline Laurelles1  
#13 Posted : 02 March 2010 03:35:46(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Most Attractive Male - Jason Smith of Mind
UserPostedImage
How is that NOT sexy?

Best Newcomer - Mind have done a lot since the last IMAs. We've released a couple of successful albums, gained support from a lot of our influences. In a matter of months, we've gone from a little known band to supporting some of our favourite bands on tour.

Best Underground Act - Yeah yeah, support and success and stuff, however Mind aren't as commercially successful as they are critically. Their charting pales in comparison to many of the more successful rock and pop artists and since Underground is where we've gained our success, this is where we feel we belong.

Best live act - Burning flags and shooting fireworks out of our asses. On stage.

Best website - You may be constantly annoyed at the fact that we fill it up daily with useless crap, however, we take caare of it and make sure all our fans are informed through the power of the interwebs.

I hope i've done enough :)
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline herrfische777  
#14 Posted : 02 March 2010 03:41:25(UTC)
herrfische777

Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Herr Fische would like to be nominated for Best Band, Best Album and Best Live Act. We are currently touring the USA and Canada in support of our latest album Zebra and we always try to put on an amazing show for our fans. For this tour, we have brought along our friends from the Northern Sinfonia Orchestra who have been amazing in reacting to the frequent and last minute changes that we have a habit of doing!! They perfomed on Zebra which we would like to nominate as best album. We believe that this is the best album we have made so far and we are really happy that our fans and critics like it too. We are all about audience participation and regularly hold our dance off competitions and have given away loads of prizes from money to cars to winners. I love getting into the crowd in my big hamster ball even though it does hurt sometimes. I'm sure the fans also like it. We are also very experimental and we aren't afraid to change our sound for each gig that we play. We recently played a blues set whilst in New Orleans and yesterday we played a grunge set whilst playing in Seattle. We really enjoy this aspect of our shows/tours. You'll never get the same Herr Fische show twice!! We would also like to nominate Kii Kii as sexiest female. We've posted a recent pic of her below. Just look at her. She's gorgeous!!!

Anyhoo enough of the plugging now

Herr Fische

UserPostedImage
Kii Kii Lii looking fine

UserPostedImage
Our latest album artwork, Zebra

UserPostedImage
Chris Fisher and Hamster Ball

UserPostedImage

HERR FISCHE

Featuring the following bunch of freaks:

Chris 'Herr Fische' Fisher: Vocals/Keyboards/Piano etc
Paul 'Foetus' Fisher: Multi Instrumentalist/Electric Wizard/Audio Abuse
Kii Kii Lii: Lead Guitar/Sitars/Background Vocals
Thomas 'TomTom' Thompson: Rythym Guitars/All other stringed instruments
Mr Unknown: Bass Guitar/ Double Bass/Background Vocals
Brenda Hatch: Drums/Drum Machines/Percussion

Band Status:

Building Bridges
Offline ExitMusic  
#15 Posted : 02 March 2010 04:56:59(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

Best Newcomer: Exit, obviously. All our releases from the first album made it to at least the top fourty, and only one didn't reach the top 20. A number 6 single, a number 11 single and our debut album came in at number 5(UK Charts).

Best Artwork: Exit-Three Months

UserPostedImage

Best Album: Exit by Exit purely for the impact the debut album made selling so many for a debut release. Has propelled Exit to fame.

Best Single: Exit-Three Months for the lyrics really. The opening to the song 'She's had three in three months, she thinks it's an achievement, the type who flirts with other blokes at family bereavements' really sets the song off to what is just an honest song about what a lot of women are becoming, fat slags.

Best Live Act: Exit. Their gigs aren't fancy, not really many flashing lights, just an all round sing a long where everybody joins in and gets pissed.

Best Record Label/Management: Molotov :D

Best Personality: Mike Widdows, just for sunbathing in the rain.

Edited by user 02 March 2010 04:59:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Exit: Indie Rock, Alternative Rock, Punk...
Offline uberdaveman  
#16 Posted : 02 March 2010 05:17:44(UTC)
uberdaveman

Man

I would like to shamelessly nominate Sage Thrasher for Best Newcomer and Best Underground Artist. Here is my reasoning: We have consistently volunteered for every opportunity to perform that has presented itself, including a brutal schedule that includes supporting CD of Iron, playing at Walpurgis, and at Mashfest. And we've only been around for a few weeks! We even thought about putting Jimmy up for that Jazz All Stars thing, but then we remembered that he can't play jazz. Musically, we recently finished our first song "15 Minutes of Silence Followed By a Single Dog Bark" which sounds like this combined with this, and that's just so awesome it's beyond words.

As for Best Underground Artist, we take that term to the x-treme!! We literally play, practice, and live underground in a Cold War-era bomb shelter that we've retrofitted to be an all around music studio and living space. More abstractly, we are so damn underground that no one outside of small liberal arts colleges in the Pacific Northwest has even heard of us, much less seen us play live. However, those that have seen us say that it was the longest two hours they've ever expirienced.

In conclusion, Sage Thrasher for President, Prime Minister, and Dogcatcher.
I hate signatures, but I love you.

Sage Thrasher:
Leon "Vocals" Henderson - Vocals
Jimmy Von Noodlenose - Guitar/Backing Vocals
Horton Q - Bass
Jon "Replaceable" Jones - Drums
Offline bvgf  
#17 Posted : 02 March 2010 05:27:30(UTC)
bvgf

Man

Rather than advertise for a chance at a nomination i'm just gonna say I hope we win.

-Zachary Barr
Offline PANIC!  
#18 Posted : 02 March 2010 07:01:58(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Best Solo Artist:

Ryan Ross Hernandez

Best Artwork:

UserPostedImage

Best Album:

Dark Secret Love by, Ryan Ross Hernandez
Final Sales: 4,468,781

"The album is called Dark Secret Love and that's because it incorporates a lot of the lessons, a lot of the observations, and a little bit of advice. Like a heartbreak handbook."

In Game Info: http://www.therockstarga...o_album.asp?AlbumID=2797

RP Info: http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=3216

Best Single:

"A Never-Ending Trip to Heartbreak" by, Ryan Ross Hernandez
Final Sales: 1,784,474

In Game Info: http://www.therockstarga...single.asp?SingleID=8492

Lyrical Meaning

"The first track off the album, and I think it was like the second or third song I wrote for the record. After I had written it I knew I had a direction for the record. It sort-of brought together, very cohesively what I was trying to achieve with the idea of heartbreak and love, sort-of bringing that war-feel to a heartbreak. When you can't get through to somebody by loving them, the next choice is to get through to them hurting them and that is what A Never-Ending Trip to Heartbreak, is about. I don't recommend it. I'd recommend full-on global thermal nuclear war, before I'd recommend trying to make a lady jealous on purpose. It doesn't end well."

Music and structure

The song marked some changes from the music that Ryan Ross Hernandez was known for, which was the soft blues influence in his previous albums. Songs like this song from Dark Secret Love, along with "Love Is Really Nothing But a Dream" and "Fight On Until the Darkness Over Takes Us" went more towards Hernandez's more rock-oriented sound, which he showed more on Dark Secret Love.

Musically, the guitar riff and overall sound are very similar to the U2 song "Bad". Hernandez has admitted that while "A Never-Ending Trip to Heartbreak" may in fact resemble "Bad", he was not intentionally referencing it while composing his song.

Best Live Act

Ryan Ross Hernandez, is known for having many banters with his audience at a show. Most banters are very dirty, about sex, women. Some not so raunchy banters are when he speaks out on the media, his fan base, current events. Hernandez can be as serious and soulful at a show just as easily as he can be playful and make many suggestive jokes about sex and his penis.

At live shows, for most songs, Hernandez adds a very bluesy/soulful guitar solos to his tracks that go on much longer than the studio versions giving it a unique sound live to each. Ryan's collection of over 200 guitars, that he brings out on the road with him call for him to change guitars between every song he performance. He can easily be playing a acoustic tune one second, to a rock tune another and finish a show off with a gospel outro that gets the whole crowd singing along.

Most Attractive Male

The sexiest, most stylist motherf*cker in the industry right now.

Ryan Ross Hernandez
http://tryjm.com/wp-cont...09/11/BattleStudies4.jpg

Most Attractive Female

Ashley Perry
http://www1.pictures.zim...estival+3k_A0mOAOQZl.jpg

Best Personality

Ryan Ross Hernandez
(Just read any of his interviews.)

Info: http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=3746
Info: http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=3450
UserPostedImage
Offline Gethsemane  
#19 Posted : 02 March 2010 07:29:55(UTC)
Gethsemane

Man

Gethsemane would love to go up for Best Underground Band, mostly because there's not that much competition. We don't even have a record label!

~Nate
BANDS:
Gethsemane - A Lot Of Band Members (Frontmen Are Tim Drik, Nate Barretta)
Emergency Porn - Jackie Roan, Quincy Shevir, Dwight Lelan, Rick Pearson
Offline The Nimrods  
#20 Posted : 02 March 2010 07:30:25(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Best Album:Bleed,Be Obscene,or Sinister visions by The Nimrods
Best Live act:The Nimrods
Best Band:The Nimrods
Best Band Member:Jimmy Him
Best Tour:Jakey comatose,Quarantine,and The Nimrods US Tour
Most Attractive Female:Jimmy Him
Best Personality:Jimmy Him

OOC:I figure if I plug for everything I'll win one lol
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....