logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 08 March 2010 07:11:35(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Review:
Part 1: Judges & Performances <----
Part 2: "Plugging" (in Like the Birdies).
Part 3: Judging Round 1 (Begins March 15, 2010)
Judges if voting, must vote someone for every category. Judges may NOT vote for themselves or anyone they were once relevant of. For exmaple, even if you were in the band before and you are no longer part of them, you may not vote for that band.
Part 4: Nominations Announced
Part 5: Judging Round 2
Once the nominations are announced. Judges if voting, must vote for every category. Judges may NOT vote for themselves or anyone they were once relevant of.
Part 6: Award Show Ceremony

*Judges will vote on their own discretion, even though there are still some guidelines they must follow*

Attention Judges:
Votes will be PM'd to the Hot Topic manager of votes Cody OOC: (ASDF).

Judges:

Tracy Perks
Jimmy (Black Gold Reign)
Ryan Ross Hernandez (PANIC!)
Aurora Fortin
Hugh Marvin (GMG)
Johnny Johnson (The Rockers)
Kathy Mason (The Chickmunk Girls)
Andrew Hayes (The Voyd)
Mystery Judge

Categories:
Best Collaboration
Best Pop/or Country Song
Best Pop/or Country Album
Best R&B/Hip-hop Song
Best Vocal Performance Male or Female
Best Jazz/Folk/ or Blues Song
Best Jazz/Folk/ or Blues Album
Best Rock/Metal Performance
Best Rock Song
Best Rock Album
Best Metal Song
Best Metal Album
Best New Artist
Best Solo Artist
Best Group or Band
Best Lyrics on a Song.
Best Single Artwork
Best Album Artwork
Best Fashion Award
Best Music Video

Procedure:
Part 1 & 2: If you want to be a judge at the 4th HTC Awards simply, reply with your name and comment. Once All the Judges have been decided we can move on to Part 2, which is "plugging" like the Birdies.

Edited by user 10 March 2010 07:16:30(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline TheCDs  
#2 Posted : 08 March 2010 07:21:49(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
So if I didn't release, or don't plan to release an album using the game then it is not eligible for nomination even if I roleplayed it hardcore?
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
#3 Posted : 08 March 2010 07:26:20(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

TheCDs wrote:
So if I didn't release, or don't plan to release an album using the game then it is not eligible for nomination even if I roleplayed it hardcore?

This is how it goes and you judge that:
A release (meaning in game or RP) is up for a nomination. you plug in what you think deserves to be nominated. The judges vote on who they think should be nominated. Votes are counted and the nomination list is released. The judges vote on who they think should win the category. The ceremony then happens and you find out who wins.
Offline TheCDs  
#4 Posted : 08 March 2010 07:28:21(UTC)
TheCDs

stephaniewazhere wrote:
TheCDs wrote:

A release (meaning in game or RP) is up for a nomination. you plug in what you think deserves to be nominated. The judges vote on who they think should be nominated. Votes are counted and the nomination list is released. The judges vote on who they think should win the category. The ceremony then happens and you find out who wins.

Then I guess the better question is, are you going to look at in-game sales and ratings when you judge nominees?
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
#5 Posted : 08 March 2010 07:28:59(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

TheCDs wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
TheCDs wrote:

Then I guess the better question is, are you going to look at in-game sales and ratings when you judge nominees?

That's in the judges hands. There is a secret criteria to follow though and you must be a judge to know.

Edited by user 08 March 2010 07:30:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline TheCDs  
#6 Posted : 08 March 2010 07:30:57(UTC)
TheCDs

stephaniewazhere wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
TheCDs wrote:

That's in the judges hands. There is a secret criteria to follow though that you must be a judge of to know.

Well since you mentioned the importance of sales in the original thread I am going to go ahead and assume you are being secretive for the sake of making the winners seem less from formula and more from actual debate. As such I guess the Jazz All-Stars and the Axiom catalog won't be making a push for nomination.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Offline Laurelles1  
#7 Posted : 08 March 2010 07:31:49(UTC)
Laurelles1

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Ah, that's a problem for me. I might of accidentally gone RP-only.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
#8 Posted : 08 March 2010 07:33:14(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

TheCDs wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
TheCDs wrote:

That's in the judges hands. There is a secret criteria to follow though that you must be a judge of to know.

Well since you mentioned the importance of sales in the original thread I am going to go ahead and assume you are being secretive for the sake of making the winners seem less from formula and more from actual debate. As such I guess the Jazz All-Stars and the Axiom catalog won't be making a push for nomination.

Sales don't apply anymore. It's just like the birdies, stop making it seem like you are out to get me or something. Can you please PM this stuff btw, you are flooding my thread.
Offline TheCDs  
#9 Posted : 08 March 2010 07:35:34(UTC)
TheCDs

stephaniewazhere wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
TheCDs wrote:

Sales don't apply anymore. It's just like the birdies, stop making it seem like you are out to get me or something. Can you please PM this stuff btw, you are flooding my thread.

If sales don't apply why didn't you say that earlier instead of telling me the judging process was secret. I was not out to get you, I was trying to find out information on your judging process so I could know if any of my projects had a shot at nomination. Since I am not the only person who does most (or all) of their releases as RP only I felt that it was an important enough question to bring up for all to see in the thread.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
#10 Posted : 08 March 2010 07:39:38(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

TheCDs wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
TheCDs wrote:

If sales don't apply why didn't you say that earlier instead of telling me the judging process was secret. I was not out to get you, I was trying to find out information on your judging process so I could know if any of my projects had a shot at nomination. Since I am not the only person who does most (or all) of their releases as RP only I felt that it was an important enough question to bring up for all to see in the thread.

You're the one that brought it up, obviously sales in real life do apply in the sense of rank. They are not going to nominate in real life a person who has sold 200 albums.
But good question just ask me on PM because you know yourself that you are flooding my thread.

And I wasn't born yesterday i know what you are trying to do.
Offline TheCDs  
#11 Posted : 08 March 2010 07:43:54(UTC)
TheCDs

stephaniewazhere wrote:
You're the one that brought it up, obviously sales in real life do apply in the sense of rank. They are not going to nominate in real life a person who has sold 200 albums.
But good question just ask me on PM because you know yourself that you are flooding my thread.

(OOC: In your mind everyone is always out to get you Steph. I asked an important question that affects a number of people. I voiced my displeasure with the idea of using sales and my displeasure with the "secret" judging rules. I would have said the same thing to anyone else. Why would I try and make you angry when I have every intention of plugging myself for nominations now that I know sales are not required?)

Edited by user 08 March 2010 07:44:49(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Axiom is
#12 Posted : 08 March 2010 07:48:58(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

TheCDs wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

(OOC: In your mind everyone is always out to get you Steph. I asked an important question that affects a number of people. I voiced my displeasure with the idea of using sales and my displeasure with the "secret" judging rules. I would have said the same thing to anyone else. Why would I try and make you angry when I have every intention of plugging myself for nominations now that I know sales are not required?)

OOC: Well it seemed like it, since you always says something smart to say in my threads, and I'm not the only one that has realized that. Anyway that doesn't matter right now.
IF you have any more question just PM, instead us flooding the thread and I'll make sure anything else is aware to everyone.
Offline TheCDs  
#13 Posted : 08 March 2010 08:12:44(UTC)
TheCDs

Best Band-Axiom: Kind of a long shot here but we have produced 2 critically acclaimed albums, 2 critically acclaimed EPs, and a covers album (although that wasn't to well received). Also created and promoted a festival (Rock for the World: New Year's Eve) and are working on the second of the biannual festival slated for June/July.

Best Collaboration and Best Band-The Jazz All-Stars: What is more exciting that a jazz sextet made up of superstars from every genre of music and several huge bands. More than just a song or a single this is an entire album that allows these fantastic musicians a chance to play music they would not normally get to play. Tim hopes that this can become more than a one-off thing and intends to continue recording music as the Jazz All-Stars as long as there is interest from all involved.

Best Jazz Album- The Jazz All-Stars "Under A Blue Moon"
The Jazz All-Stars bring together a wide range of styles and sounds on their debut album. Ranging from classically influences pieces, to Latin jazz, and even funk, blues, and fusion, the "Under A Blue Moon" mixes the styles and ideas of classic jazz into a contemporary and exciting album full of great melodies and lead lines, virtuoso soloists, and in-the-pocket grooves.

Best Jazz Song- Three potential nominees, all from the Jazz All-Stars
Jazz Ain't Just Swing A Latin jazz piece. The tempo is fast, the band is tight, and the drums are insane Features a drum solo by Paul Smith, a tenor sax solo by Tim Dunn, and a guitar solo by Jon Sanford. Click here for an idea of the sound and style of the song.

Forefathers This song takes an influence from classical music. The song switches between classical motifs and swing style grooves. Features solos from James Kairiri on the doublebass, Roxy Firecracker on the acoustic guitar, and Brandon Carter on the Trumpet. Click here for an idea of the sound and style of the song.

Electroswing A modern take on classic swing. Using electric instrumentation (electric bass, electric guitar, and electric piano) classic swing styles are given a dynamic contemporary sound. Lots of great riffs and featuring solos from Xan Alexander on the electric piano, Jose Lugo on the electric bass, and Jon Sanford on the electric guitar. Click here for an idea of the sound and style of the song.

Links to Axiom Info (RP's)
Web site
Introduction and First EP Release
Debut Album Release
Second EP Release
Sophomore Album Release
Covers Album Release
Tim Dunn Hospitalized
Dunn's Surprise Show
Auto-Effect Release
Tim Dunn Radio Interview

Links to Jazz All-Stars Info (RP)
Jazz All-Stars

Edited by user 08 March 2010 08:13:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Offline Synxhard  
#14 Posted : 08 March 2010 08:24:14(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hey, I think I responded on a different thread, but I would enjoy judging for these awards, if that's cool with you.

-Jimmy
Black Gold Reign
Offline genocidal king  
#15 Posted : 08 March 2010 08:27:24(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
If you are in need of assistance with judging, then I'd be happy to assist,

hugh marvin - GMG
UserPostedImage
#16 Posted : 08 March 2010 08:30:53(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Good. Keep it coming guys!
Offline PANIC!  
#17 Posted : 08 March 2010 08:41:10(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
"Already got experience judging wise from the Birdies, so I wouldn't mind being one for the HTC Awards as well."

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.
UserPostedImage
#18 Posted : 08 March 2010 08:52:51(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

OOC: The Judges list will be released tomorrow, if anyone else would like to be judge reply or PM me. That way plugging in could actually begin. To anyone who already did don't worry, you got a freebie.
Offline bikz  
#19 Posted : 08 March 2010 09:17:39(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
LEECH. FUCKING LEECH. How dare you take advantage of a situation like this!?
I always hated tabloids like Hot Topic, and this just proves how disgusting you are.
-J.G.Firecrackerface.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Mt. Epic  
#20 Posted : 08 March 2010 09:29:22(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Best Rock Song-"3am" by Clear Vision-Everybody though that Clear Vision were basically dead, but then they made a surprising comeback with this Cross Atlantic hit.

Best Group of Band-Clear Vision-Clear Vision has had massive exposure in a short period of time, and they have been through a lot, with Johnson's drug addiction, to Lenti's leave, to Kemp's HIV.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!