logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cooper  
#1 Posted : 11 March 2010 18:30:09(UTC)
Cooper

Groups: Registered

Chicago Alt-rock band COOPER played thier first advertised gig last night and we got a chance to interview the band on thoughts, short comings, and testimonies!

Aaron: we were really nervous but being it was a free show just to get ourselves started, we werent worried too much about people feeling ripped off if we sucked.

Tom: Everybody there seemed to have a good time for the most part id say right? i spent a month's worth of paychecks for booze for the attenders! i was making sure everyone enjoyed themselves. all 20 people

Don: dont kid yourselves, we SUCKED! the vocals were buried behind the sound of TWO out of tune guitars, and a loud mouth bassist who insists on screaming "R U READY TO RAWK!" even before Aaron's sissy ballad.

Aaron: hey that song means alot to me!

Don: im sure it does, but no one even knows who the hell we are so why are they gonna care?

Brandon: i was just so nervous that i really couldnt think...

Tom: You should have drank more! YAYUH!

Aaron: well maybe Don's right, but i have faith that we will get better. we just have to practice harder. ALL OF US.

Brandon: playing is not a problem, it the people.

Aaron: Brandon will get over stage fright, Don will get over himself, and Tom will learn to turn it back a little....

Tom: why would i turn it back when i could be turning it UP! this is ROCK N ROLL!!! WOOOOO!

did anyone attend last night? reviews? thoughts? advice?
......................................................................................................................

Aaron Cooper. guitar, vocals
Brandon Fisher. guitar, backing vocals
Tom Popps. Bass guitar
Don Cafe. Drums
UserPostedImage
Offline SharpySharp  
#2 Posted : 11 March 2010 18:33:01(UTC)
SharpySharp

Woman
Brunei Darussalam

I was there. I thought you guys did really good. Good work and good luck in the future.

- Pete Toro
Offline genocidal king  
#3 Posted : 11 March 2010 18:34:35(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Congrats on getting the first show under your belt guys!

Ryan Lee
BoW
UserPostedImage
Offline Cooper  
#4 Posted : 11 March 2010 18:39:19(UTC)
Cooper

Brandon: thanks for checking us out Pete, next time things will be a bit different. i promise i wont puke 20 minutes in

Aaron: much respect for coming all the way out to the Chi to check out an unknown band! things were a bit shakey but im happy the way it turned out.

Don: i recorded the show through the soundboard and after play it wasnt as bad as i thought BUT theres alot of room for improvement. Less drink, less nerves will create more balls. i'll send you a disc with the show and would like to hear your thoughts on what we could do better.
......................................................................................................................

Tom Popps. Bass guitar
Don Cafe. Drums
UserPostedImage
Offline Cooper  
#5 Posted : 11 March 2010 18:40:48(UTC)
Cooper

Aaron: Thanks Ryan! yeah i feel much better that its over. felt like a gradeschool play, and yes that was my mother who was up front filming us HA!

Tom Popps. Bass guitar
Don Cafe. Drums
UserPostedImage