logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline GirlSpice  
#1 Posted : 13 March 2010 05:03:34(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Worldwide successful American singer-songwriter Miss Vanity who has sold over 37 million records worldwide is back with new album Perfectionist, taking her away from the sounds where she blended pop and metal together and more towards the experimental darker sounds of electronica.
"I took some time out due to my knee injury that happened on tour and I was just given a lot of time to reflect and kind of experiment with what I wanted and to become inspired. I'm really inspired at the moment by Japanese fashion and also dark electronic sounds, sounds that give you chills and sound quite haunting and epic all at once. I've really wanted to do something different as that's what I always strive to do as a pop artist, push the limits and give my fans something completely different each time I make a new album and reinvent my style and my music, it's the key to stay relevant in this industry."

Miss Vanity describes the album as a step in a new direction for her, haunting electronica sounds that build climax.
"I was listening to a range of electronica music and I was hearing some of it and it was just giving me chills, something about it captivated me though and kept me hooked, it really mixed with my emotions and made me want to cry. Such chilling and beautiful sounds and that's what I wanted to base my album on."

Miss Vanity releases lead single "Bittersweet" later this month and is a perfect example of the chilling and haunting electronic theme of the album.
"I realise that this style isn't very mainstream, radio stations wouldn't wanna play this compared to some average pop track that talked about taking off your clothes and having sex. But I've already sold so much in the time period I've been around and there just comes a point where you stop caring after you've achieved that much, you just want to do something fresh and exciting for not only your fans but also yourself."

Vanity also apologises for the cancellation of her tour but promises to make it up to those who had to suffer from a cancelled show.
"I know it sucks and I realise that, but I will make it up to all of my fans, there will be a tour to support this album and it will be a whole new one, I won't be continuing the old tour so if you bought tickets to them shows then hold on to them because you can see the new tour instead and it'll be 10 times more amazing, better costumes, a bigger stage and the visuals will just blow your mind away, I can't wait to share it with you all and me and my creative team are already gathering ideas. I'll also be performing at the upcoming Aftermath festival so there is a lot to be excited about, my performance will be incredible."

Below is the album cover for Perfectionist and single cover for "Bittersweet". Lead single "Bittersweet" will be released 15th March, with the release of the album happening later that week on 19th March.

UserPostedImage
Album cover.
UserPostedImage
Single cover.

Fans can also visit the update official site for Miss Vanity by clicking here
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline bikz  
#2 Posted : 13 March 2010 05:18:05(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Pop's pushing up the daisies. Duh. Metal invasion's on, you dim cow. Go crawl back up your mother's vagina because we all wish you'd never been born.
-Machete

OOC : Isn't she delightful? :P Welcome back! (:
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline troymazing  
#3 Posted : 13 March 2010 05:18:20(UTC)
troymazing

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
"FINALLY! I'm so excited for this new album. Something completely new to listen to!"

- M. O'Leary
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

Offline bikz  
#4 Posted : 13 March 2010 05:23:35(UTC)
bikz

Woman

troymazing wrote:
"FINALLY! I'm so excited for this new album. Something completely new to listen to!"

- M. O'Leary

Mache : Yeh, I'd want something new to listen to if my music was as boring as yours. You're worse than Miss Vanity.
Kate : Now now Macheteeeeeeh, be nice to the retards. They're fucking retards, they don't know what they're doing.
Mache : You have a point, Kami. My apologies, Madison. Here, let me clean the dribble off your face.

Edited by user 13 March 2010 05:24:07(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline troymazing  
#5 Posted : 13 March 2010 07:16:20(UTC)
troymazing

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
When you make it big and sell millions of records, you make enough money to hire people for that. I already have a designated drool-wiper. Sorry.

- M. O'Leary
GirlSpice wrote:
Oh well.. she sits outside then. LOL!

Offline bikz  
#6 Posted : 13 March 2010 07:46:12(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Kate : Good at wasting money eh? Well. Next time you've got some disposable income and are thinking about getting something completely fucking pointless, throw a bit of money to The Madbirds Mission - it's costing a lot to work on our current campaigns.
UserPostedImage
Offline Moquel  
#7 Posted : 13 March 2010 08:06:10(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" I'm very excited about this album and aiming for a new sound and also hearing something that can be very inspiranal to many future artist is really amaxing for an artist to do that.. I'm happy to see you come back"
- Holly Zona
UserPostedImage