logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bikz  
#1 Posted : 14 March 2010 18:35:08(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
ΔΤ BATTLE OF THE BANDS 4
Round 1 [14/3-20/3] : "Snapshot Set"

Why hello thurrr! If you have ended up in this list ....

Black Gold Reign
$uperbad
Pilot
Mind

Axiom
The Rockers
Masters of Destruction
Gethsemane

Ryan Ross Hernandez
I Spy Mudkipz
Infinite
Saburben Sunrise

Holly Zona
Blood Of Wecz
Before Angels Fall
The Infidels!

the strom
Reckoner
Raining Suicide
Clear Vision

Green Leaf
Elsewhere
Insolent Paradox
Exit

.... you are up to play in Delta Tau Battle Of The Bands 4! I am Katie Kairiri and I will be your host.

The basics for now - you play a show and send us the video (OOC : write a roleplay), you vote on whose shows were best, ones doing best go through to the next round.
The rounds get shorter, the shows get harder and the stakes get higher as we go on throughout the contest. Round 1 is a simple "Snapshot Show" - Birdies-length show (15 minutes) in which you show us what you got. (Musically, dotorg not dotcom and all that.) At the end of the week, six of you will be out of the competition.
OOC : a bit more info here - http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=3700

So .... good luck everyone!
-Katieee

Edited by user 21 March 2010 10:54:36(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Laurelles1  
#2 Posted : 14 March 2010 21:15:05(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
So we just post our roleplay here? Sorry, never done a Battle of the Bands before.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#3 Posted : 14 March 2010 21:25:38(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Laurelles1 wrote:
So we just post our roleplay here? Sorry, never done a Battle of the Bands before.

Yup. (:
UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Captain Insano  
#4 Posted : 14 March 2010 21:37:30(UTC)
Captain Insano

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
This is going to end badly for everyone...hehehe

Tomi
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline gregstuna  
#5 Posted : 14 March 2010 22:45:21(UTC)
gregstuna

Captain Insano wrote:
This is going to end badly for everyone...hehehe

Tomi

I agree completely.
$uperbad( a mix of Gorillaz/Nirvana/Rage against The Machine)

UserPostedImage

Gregory D(Electric Bass/ backup vocals)
TJ D(Vocals/Rhythm guitar)
Ronald West(Drums/backup vocals)
Micheal Wright (Electric Guitar)

My other band

Rebel .Inc( Think of the Wu-tang Clan)

Dorothy :D-Female Lead rapper(Lil' Kim)
Joy Ryder-Lead Singer(Trey Songz
Blood Killa X-Electric Guitarist(Jimi Hendrix)
The Mad Hatter-Co-Rapper/Co-Leader( Redman)
DJ Cheap trick-DJ/Turn table (DJ Grandmaster Flash)
MC Clown-Co-rapper (Lil' Wayne)
Jazz E FrEsH-Drummer/Rapper(50 Cent)
MC Tha Prez-O-Dent-Lead Rapper/Co-Leader(2-Pac)
Ray Killa X-Rapper/Bassist(Jay-Z)
Floyd-Hype MAN(Flavor Flav)
User is suspended until 11/08/2288 11:47:34(UTC) Greenleaf  
#6 Posted : 14 March 2010 22:48:58(UTC)
Greenleaf

*Green Leaf decides to record their video in a rented small outside-venue space provided by their manager*
Green Leaf step into the outside stage. They are surrounded by 161 fans personally selected by Green Leaf. Leon steps to the mic.

Leon: Like my darling Maria says “you haven’t heard sound until you heard “Green Leaf”.

Luis: 1……2……..3…….

*As they are about to play, a power outage breakout *

Rebecca: Are you kidding me right now?

Maria: You got to be fucking kidding me?

Luis: Nope. No power. *Gets on the phone with manager*

Leon: Looks like our management forgot to pay the light bill. *A small laughter breaks out as they overheard what Leon said* I ain't joking neither.

Maria: *Maria yells into the audience* Don’t panic everyone……….were going to see if we can’t fix this. But please don’t panic………….well you know unless you’re listening to Ryan Ross Hernandez of course.

Rebecca: Maria, stop that! *giggles break over her seriousness* Who am I shitting? I got to admit that was a tad funny, but does it look like we need to joke right now?

*Rebecca turns around while still whispering, the while crowd looking a bit impatient now* Dude you know if we don’t have power we won’t be able to play…. what the hell do we do? *waves to the crow as if everything was going smoothly*

Leon: Who says? The cam still has 1 hour of battery life. We can always do this home style fashion and just all of us sing.

Luis: Um…I can’t do that. I would just have to have to take over the drums. But, manager says we are going to have to cancel, since he it the owner of the place is on vacation right now.

Rebecca: Fuck.

Leon: Guys as much as I hate to say it, but I think he's right, we’re going to have to do our first cancellation. It’s eventually going to turn into an oven in here. The fans are going to suffocate.

Maria: No… No! we can’t do that! Let’s just work with the crowd and play the old versions of our songs. We can do that and sing at least two three song. Man Fuck the lights, and the effects. Leon can play the guitar while I and Rebecca sing. Luis does the drums this time. We just need some footage at least. *Maria takes a deep breath begins to sing the chorus of “green Leaf” without no mic grabbing the crowd’s attention. And finally, the band begins to play a home made version set-list just like the old times in high school.* Guys we are so sorry but the power has gone out but nothing stops us tonight! We are Green Leaf!. The band finally begins to play hard as they get a cheering response from the crowd.*

*The band manage to play two other Green Leaf well known songs before the cam goes completely dead and edit the video to submit to Delta just in time.

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......
Offline Laurelles1  
#7 Posted : 14 March 2010 23:47:19(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

"Alright guys, we only have 15 minutes on this one. Let's keep the songs short and snappy this time." Barked Jason Smith of Mind as the band prepared to start the video recording. They checked through their setlist and decided on a few songs to play. "Okay... this one... then that one looks good... and finally that one. 'Aight?" They all agreed on the songs and they walked onto the stage as a small anxious crowd gathered to see Mind play their very short performance. Hey, at least it was for free.

As the video started recording, Jason said "Alright guys? This is a very special performance. This is for the Delta Tau Battle of the Bands. Raise your horns in the sky for them!! That's right..." and they then bursted into Cascade of Blood as a burning jolly rodger was hoisted above the stage. "It has no relevance. It just looks cool." As the song finished, a huge roar erupted from the crowd and the band decided to swap instruments.

"Just to keep you entertained... Robert, our drummer, will be taking my place, i'll be taking his place, and Aaron, our lead, will be swapping with Harry, our bassist. This'll be fun. Especially since Robert has a shit voice." Jason laughed. They proceeded to go into an unusually accurate version of Divine Usurper. The crowd were chanting along, which made Roberts job much easier, and mosh pits were emerging in this small venue.

As the flag kept burning away, the owner of the club stopped Mind halfway through the song. "Sorry guys, you can't burn shit in here." he said. "Just a little? Fine. We'll have to put the flag out and just tear it to shreds instead." replied Robert as they continued the song, whilst the crowd were moshing away.

The band returned to their normal positions in which they were comfortable and said "We're still only about 9 minutes through... we're gonna end this crap now... here is a special preview off The Aeronaut, and it's called... The Aeronaut!" Once they said that, they started jamming for a minute and then progressed into the song. Although the crowd didn't know the words or anything, they seemed to enjoy it a lot.

Once they had finished the song, Jason screamed "There is a party in my pants. And urine.... vited! That's all we have time for folks, but meet us by the bar in 10 mins to get your drink on. Thank you, Rochester!" and then they stopped the video. "That was amazing guys, we'll have to come here again on our next tour." said Harry, to which Aaron replied "I suppose, but this was only 15 minutes dude." On that note, they all got into something more comfortable and made their way to the bar.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline troy211619  
#8 Posted : 15 March 2010 03:29:14(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
The crowd inside the venue of the battle of the bands was making Troy shit in his pants as they watched Mind play their set.
Troy:We can do this, I know we can(says nervously as he takes a sip on his drink)
JPC:Are you sure? You look kinda nervous..
Troy: Nah, I'm fine..(obviously nervous)
JC:Well you should be, we're up next!
Troy: Great!
Troy then grabs his Telecaster and goes with the band on stage as they prepare for their set. The "asshole" hormones from the beer quickly take over Troy and as he begins strumming the guitar to check if it works properly, he suddenly becomes the complete asshole within him. He quickly notices the camera recording the whole thing in the middle row and gives it a wink followed by a killer smile.
Troy:Oh yeah.. Hey guys, we're a band called Reckoner, and this is a song called Comatose
Carl then plays his synth guitar as the drum and bass come in. Troy gently sings the song trying to hypnotize the crowd with his voice. The chorus comes in and JC starts playing the piano. After the chorus Troy plays his heavily distorted guitar and the crowd slowly bang their heads to the song. The song progresses to the heavy bridge where both the band and the crowd go wild to the song, the crowd sings with Troy as he goes through the bridge and finally the song descends to just the lonely synth guitar and piano fading away like a dead star. Troy walks up to the mic
Troy:Thank you..(the crowd screams as Troy goes off the mic)
Troy:What should we play next?
JC: Go with Scream.
Troy:OK(goes on mic) This is a song where we would want everybody to be as wild as possible and I want the cameraman to capture every moment of it he can!
The crowd screamed once more as Troy shouted "SCREAM!!!" before banging wildly into the song. The crowd went wild with all those screaming guitars, heavy bassline. and ear crashing drums it was the perfect song for the people. Obviously it was a short yet powerful song and as the song ended, the crowd was left hungry for more, Troy decided to joke with them
Troy:What the f*** do you want more?(crowd screams) That's all we got!(crowd screams even louder and Troy looks at his watch to notice they only have 4 minutes left) Shit!(crowd applauses and Troy brings out a smile)We only have 4 minutes left so we have to keep the next song short, though we really wanted to push through with a monster symphony to end this which would take us the whole day so we'd just end with Negative!
The crowd screamed loudly but it was cut short when Carl began playing the arpeggios keeping them all silent. Troy then began singing the lyrics in his drunken yet smooth voice. The song progressed to the bridge where Troy was going to belch out his powerful scream sending shockwaves to the crowd, but what shocked the crowd most was Troy jumping straight for the crowd leading to his scream making the crowd wilder than ever. The song descends into the outro where Troy sings the song with only a solo piano played by JC, he is then put down by the crowd as the set ended. He jumps back on stage to bid goodbye to the audience
Troy:Good night everybody! Hope you had fun!
Backstage... The kid in charge of the camera goes to the band to give them the footage which is to be sent to DTE, the band attempt to pay him but he refuses and instead, he thanks them for showing him a great time, he then runs off as the band upload the footage to the laptop sending it to DTE..
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline MATTT  
#9 Posted : 15 March 2010 03:45:35(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
Saburben Sunrise

Jenny- Alright ready guys
Rest of the band- lets rock

Jenny- Hello! We are a Band Called Saburben Surise and this song is called Baby I Lo.. Don't Love YOU

The track opens with the sound of Charlie's single guitar. About ten seconds after the entire band comes inn as the crowd goes nuts.
Matt- Thank you alright the next we are going to play for you guys is called The End

As the Song opens the crowd is going crazy wanting more and more. about two minutes into the song Charlie rips out the guitar solo
The crowd is going crazier than ever
When the track ended we all looked at each other and asked What song next.
Dylan-Move on
Nick-Lets do it

The song opens with a scream
The Crowd starts to sing along. during the slow part of the song
Jenny adresses the crowd- This is going to be our final song so right now i want everyone up on their feet jumping and singing along right now!
After she said that there wasnt a single person siting anymore.. Everyone is jumping singing and Going Crazy.
After the song ended
Matt says too the crowd- You guys are FUCKING INSAINE!!!! We love you all! Goodnight!
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline Synxhard  
#10 Posted : 15 March 2010 05:06:19(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
OOC: This is a "bootleg" from one of their early West Coast shows. Takes place in the middle of the show. Bring it on, bitches!

IC:

A fuzzy image fades in, positioned above a mass of hard-core Los Angeles metal fans. The band of the night are at first un-distinguishable, yet the lens soon focus enough to reveal the faces of Black Gold Reign, who in the past months have made an astonishing rise in popularity. They're winding out of a now indiscernible thrashy song, possibly 'Black Phalanx', concluding the track with a few massive chords and the ever cliche massive drum solo. The noise quickly dies down to a low hum of distorted guitars and shimmering drum cymbals, over which Matt approaches the mic to address the crowd.

Matt: You guys hardcore!?!

Crowd emits a massive roar.

Matt: Doesn't sound like it. I wanna keep the whole fucking city of Los Angeles up with our noise. So how about it? ARE. YOU. GUYS. HARD. CORE?!?!?!?!

A near deafening explosion of noise erupts from the floor, and some would go on to claim the whole club shook.

Matt: Well you guys better be, cause this next song is the most rebellious, high energy, fucking intense thrash/punk crossover song in our catalog. I wanna see the biggest circle pit possible.

Matt glances over to David, who's motioning towards some kid in the crowd.

David: Yeah, that's right, make it a fucking wall-of-death

The crowd begins splitting apart, preparing for the oncoming insanity.

David: Okay, when I get to four, you guys are gonna fucking charge. Got it!?! ONE! TWO! THREE! FOUR!

The band rips into a more or less commonly used triplet thrash riff, complete with sharp and knotty guitar riffing, chugging bass lines drop tuned to the point where they're almost inaudible, and endurance testing drum patters, loaded with double bass flourishes and lightning fast fills in the vein of Dave Lombardo of Slayer. Purple and red lights surround the stage, illuminating David and Jimmy, who are head banging viciously. Matt nears the mic, barking out larynx shredding Black Flag-esque vocals, which are backed by an extremely memorable steel bending hard-core riff. As the verse picks up speed, Jimmy and David race up and down the stage, leaping over each other, avoiding collision by only a hair. The guitars and bass cut out, leaving only Corey's wicked thrash grooving. He leaps into a technical double bass fill, over which Matt yells.

Matt: Jimmy! Fucking! Sullivan!!!!!

Jimmy mounts the nearest foot riser, ripping into a shred-tastic guitar solo, and the floor emits into a sea of mosh pits. Matt and David headbang while facing each other, as Jimmy prowls up and down the stage, practically annihilating his guitar strings. Pyro lights up the stage, and the band tunnels out of the squealing solo into a carpal-tunnel inducing speed metal riff, loosely described later by Jimmy as Motorhead on cocaine. They play around with a couple galloping riffs, topped off with a huge drum solo. The song reaches it's peak when they transition to an anthemic chorus/war-chant. David joins Matt on vocals, and the entire crowd channels some sort of Maori warrior spirit, shaking the building with their savage sing along. They trail out of the track woth a couple flashy dueling guitar solos and more war-cries. The 'Black Gold Reign' backdrop falls down, revealing the art to there debut single, 'Dead Skin', which features a gray skinned boy, barely visible in the black and silver 'corn-field' scene, whose face is torn up and brandishing many scars. The crowd goes absolutely nuts upon recognizing whats coming next, and part like the Red Sea, ready to rush into each other like vicious Spartan warriors when given the command.

UserPostedImage
Corey tearing it up

Matt: That's right, that's what I wanna see. You guys better know this one. It's the lead single of our un-released as-of-yet debut album (OOC: Obviously, this show was before 'Archetype'). It's a real blackened-death metal tune, and I can promise you know, there'll be plenty more of this shit on our debut.

Black Gold Reign rips into a single heavy chord, which is followed up by Eastern influenced guitar harmonies courtesy of Jimmy and little double bass-plus-cymbal fills from Corey. They repeat this multiple times, adding more chords here and there, and sprinkling in the occasional harmonic or two. Out of no where, a dominating and unearthly fast drum beat comes in, featuring a simple smashing groove on the ride cymbal and snare and an unstoppable dose of double bass, as always. Matt lays down a chugging riff, over which David and Jimmy create some serious vibes with sinister sounding harmony/riffs that inter-weave effortlessly. Much like Behemoth would, Jimmy continues to play lead-esque parts, while David and Matt transfer to poly-rhythmic savagery, which is backed up by precise blast beating. They cut out and the house lights turn on, giving the band their first full view of the crowd, who are waiting to start the wall-of-death. Matt looks over them, grinning, and then emits a high piched gnarly scream, leading into an atomic verse, and the 2 sides of the crowd collide together, forming a venue wide mosh pit of 900 crazy fans. Seeing the action down on the floor, Jimmy tosses his guitar to Jason, the guitar tech, and leaps head first into the pit, and is miraculously caught, crowd surfing over the sea of bodies. Carrying on without him, the other 3 blaze through the following chorus and verse, before security pries Jimmy free from the crowd in time to rejoin them onstage for the break-down section, which is characterized by evil octave chord progressions with a minute long drum solo. They wrap up the song with a jam, Matt and Jimmy trading shredding solos back and forth, and David smashing the head off his bass. Amid this "rock-star douchebaggery", Corey retreats backstage to down another 40 and smoke some Marlboro's. He returns to begin the next song.

Jimmy: Hell yeah, man! That was awesome! Hey, just a little side note, WE NEED WEED! If you got any, toss it up. Show some love.

A rain of baggies practically engulfs the stage, and Jimmy's eyes widen as his dreams come true.

Matt: Okay, anyways, back on track. Anyone ever heard of a little band called Slayer?

Lots of shouting from the crowd.

Matt: Well we got a tune by them we'd like to play for you. GHOSTS! OF! WAR!!!

The band is only seconds into the lightning fast track, when a bottle flies out of nowhere and knocks Jimmy clean unconscious. The band rattles to a stop, and security comes out to drag the guitarist away. The house lights come on, and after a few tense minutes, David returns.

David: Hey guys, I'm really sorry, but we can't continue the show. Jimmy's being taken to a hospital right now. Shit like that isn't cool man. Sorry...

As David leaves, the crowd emits roars, and kids begin trashing the merch stands, and it isn't long before the whole venue erupts into a riot. Fights carry out onto the street, and fans begin tearing down everything in sight. Suddenly, a kid materializes out of nowhere and rips the camera down. The screen goes blank.

Setlist:

Leather Lungs
Dead Skin
Ghosts Of War (Slayer Cover) [Sort of]

Edited by user 15 March 2010 05:10:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Laurelles1  
#11 Posted : 15 March 2010 05:12:50(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

OOC: Ooooh fuck. I'm hoping that 6 people don't RP now.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Paradox  
#12 Posted : 15 March 2010 09:36:52(UTC)
Paradox

Man

From ? studios in Cuernavaca:

Hector: "Hello people, well while not doing a live show is lame and soulless 1- We are not on tour and 2-it makes me feel like the Beatles. 3- We wont ever be able to top that BGR show in intensity"
Erik: "Indeed, what should we start with?"
Jose: "Well, how about that instrumental thing we outlined yesterday"
Erik: "Fine"

Erik starts with a simple garage drum riff, and later Jose joins him with a jazzy bassline, both of them go on for about one minute with Daniel providing athmospheric keyboard textures, then the drum riff starts growing in complexity, and Daniel and Hector start playing a sludgy riff, while Jose adds slaps to his bass figure, the guitarists start exchanging more complex riffs, then the band goes into a breakdown and then with no advice changes to a slow paced Pink Floyd-like section. Jose then approaches a mic and says:

Jose: "Well, now I'd like Hector to take a little present our producer Jim Garrison gave us,well mainly because he cant give us anything not related to his paycheck"

With the band still playing Hector takes out what seems to be, a sitar!?!??, and then hands it over to Jose and then he takes out another sitar and sits down with it, while the song/improvisation grows in intensity the two start exchanging sitar scales and figures, Jose then takes his bass again and takes the song into a climax with Hector improvising randomly over the song, after the tornado of notes the song fades out.

Hector: "I need some practice with that thing, but I can tell you, it is a bitch to tune that thing"
Daniel: "What's next?"
Erik: "Well I'd like to play One Word, the Mahavishnu thing"
Daniel: "Of course you do, you're a self-involved bastard"
Erik: "So are you"
Hector: "I like you, man"
Erik: "Me too"

Erik starts with a little drum solo after which with Dani on a 8-string guitar, Jose on violin, and Hector on keyboards the band kicks in with the dissonant chords that start the song, after which Jose does a violin solo, the band then repeats the chords and Dani kicks in with a shredding guitar solo, backed up with Hector playing keyboards and bass, then all 4 membersthe band then suddenly stops playing to give all attention to Erik starting a kick ass drum solo that goes on relentless and non stop for about 2 minutes after which he stops and starts playing Latin-styled rhythms, then Daniel joins him with a marimba and the whole band ends the song with a rather unexpected Latin twist with Jose playing a Mariachi violin and Hector doing weird guitar sounds that give the Latin "song" a style more reminscent of the band. Then the band stops again to let Jose finish the song with an awkward marimba solo.

Erik: "That was cool"
Jose: "That's the fifteen minutes"
Erik: "Oh really? we should do shorter stuff"

Setlist:
Untitled Instrumental
One Word
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline Captain Insano  
#13 Posted : 15 March 2010 20:34:05(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
ooc: So how long do we have to post to RP? May struggle currently to do it, due to unforseen circumstances
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline bikz  
#14 Posted : 15 March 2010 22:08:04(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Captain Insano wrote:
ooc: So how long do we have to post to RP? May struggle currently to do it, due to unforseen circumstances

OOC : Six days left (including today) for the first round RP. Then four days of that to vote.
UserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#15 Posted : 16 March 2010 05:11:59(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
OOC: Did I put Savior as my band? I meant the Rockers, they haven't quit yet.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline bikz  
#16 Posted : 16 March 2010 05:19:06(UTC)
bikz

Woman

asdf wrote:
OOC: Did I put Savior as my band? I meant the Rockers, they haven't quit yet.

OOC : You put "Johnny Johnson Project 2", and I assumed that to be Savior. Sorry, I'll change it.
UserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#17 Posted : 16 March 2010 05:42:12(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
OOC: Not your fault, my plan wasnt as...worked out at the time. I didnt know what I was going to do. Sorry.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline genocidal king  
#18 Posted : 16 March 2010 07:03:09(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Here is the Blood Of Wecz Delta Tau video - Vote Blood Of Wecz

Edinburgh Corn Exchange – 15/03/2010 – 9PM

An excited crowd has gathered inside a packed Edinburgh Corn Exchange, and are chatting amongst themselves as the houselights go out.

A Huge Cheer followed by the houselights coming back on, and the crowd boo sarcastically.

Blood! Of! Wecz! Blood! Of! Wecz! Blood ! Of! Wecz! Come the chants from the floor, as the clock ticks nearer to 9.15, the time allocated for Blood Of Wecz’s Delta Tau video recording.

As the solo from Necrophagist’s Fermented Offal Discharge comes to an end on the venue’s PA, the music fades to mute. A half hearted cheer starts, and the chanting begins again.

The houselights go out suddenly and the room is plunged into total darkness. A few mobile phones can be seen being thrust into the air as people hope to catch a memento of their night.
Another deafening cheer and the solo section from Metallica’s Master Of Puppets plays excruciatingly loudly over the PA. The crowd sing along in time to the notes of the solo, and as it draws to a crescendo, the song dies and one huge guitar note can be heard from the still dark stage.

A single spotlight illuminates the drum riser and the fans scream as Santi Padora stands on his stool, both hands thrust into the air, his face split in two by a huge grin. Three further spotlights illuminate the right, left and centre of the stage, and the chanting descends into a frenzy of Blood! Of! Wecz! as Maxxi Starr and Mark Talley walk into view, followed by Ryan Lee who throws the horns to the crowd and tries to get them to go even wilder.

The four members of the band now stand almost motionless on the dark stage, only they are lit up. Suddenly a screen flickers on behind them and the blood drenched words BLOOD OF WECZ stand tall and looming over the band. Santi counts in on his cymbal, and Ryan Lee starts to play a familiar acoustic intro

BLOOD! OF! WECZ! BLOOD! OF! WECZ! BLOOD! OF! WECZ! BLOOD! OF! WECZ!

Scott H (as the stage lights come on to reveal him standing atop a monitor, front and centre stage) – This one’s called "REPENTANCE"

Cheering

Scott H – Yeah? YEAH?! Well fucking SCREEAAM!

Screaming

Scott H – GO!

The band launch into the technical shredding and tremolo melodies of the crowd pleasing opener as Scott H screams and growls through a huge smile at his crowd, who frantically mosh and bounce on the floor below!

Scott H – Alright guys! That was fucking intense!

Cheering

Scott H – In case you don’t know, we are fuckin’ Blood Of Wecz! We’re recording just around the corner at Dime Studios so this was the ideal place to record our video for Delta Tau BOTB video. LET’S HEAR IT FOR DELTA TAU!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott H – Oh Yeah! Now we only got time for three songs tonight, so let’s show those cunts, what we, as a Wecz family, can fucking do!

Screaming again, everyone throwing the horns towards the stage.

Scott H – This is a newer one. You all know it! It’s called BLACK...

WATER!!! YEEAAAAHHH!

Mark Talley nails a huge sweep combo on guitar to the delight of the crowd before bursting into the riffs of Wecz’s newest single. Santi frantically blast beats throughout the song, screaming as he goes to build up the adrenaline he needs to maintain the searing pace. Ryan Lee jumps from one of the stage side amps onto the stage as the song reaches an end, and slips, landing flat on his knee. The crowd are stunned into silence for a moment, filled with tension as Ryan lies face down on the stage. However, Santi plays a comedy badum-tsh on the drum kit, which has Scott and Mark rolling on the stage floor laughing.

Ryan pulls himself gingerly to his feet and the crowd cheer, as he shows them the thumbs up to signal that he’s ok.

Ryan Lee – Let’s hear it for being fucking stupid!

Cheering

Scott H – I can’t stop laughing, I’m sorry man! Anyway guys, we only got one more for you tonight...

Booooooo

Scott H – I know, I know, but we’re back out on tour this June!!!

Yeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhh!

Scott H – So, I wanna know if you can all play a little Blood Of Wecz game here tonight. How about this...I want you all to split into two sides. Right up the middle here... That’s cool, beautiful guys, beautiful. Now, every time you hear Mark or Ry hit a pinch in this song I want to see two guys from each side run at each other. You hit that guy opposite as hard as you can! No punching or shit, just good ol' fashion wall-of-deathing! Then when I signal, the rest of you pile into the middle and lets see the biggest wall-of-death Scotland has ever seen...this song is MIASMA

Cheering loudly.

Miasma is less than ten seconds old when Mark Talley hits the first pinch, sending four shirtless, heavy set guys spiralling into the middle of the empty floor, careering into each other at a frightening pace. As Ryan Lee hits three in a row a group of around ten men break ranks and start circling around thundering into everyone. Following another 12 pinches, some bruised and battered people hobble to the side, whilst a beaming Scott H throws them the horns.

One huge last huge pinch rings out and Scott H raises one hand....

Scott H – Wait for it...1!2!3! GOOOOO!!!!

The song Miasma blares out at a blistering pace as Scott H roars and screams at the crowd. He goes to the barrier and allows members of the audience to sing along into his mic, before he stands atop the barrier and conducts them in an acapella rendition of the chorus whilst the band take a momentary break.

4 minutes of sweeping, pinching, and thundering riffs later, a sweat soaked frontman is standing alongside the crowd as they chant in unison the chorus, as the track slows down

TAKE! A deep breath!
Suck it all up inside
PUTRID MANIFESTATION
A sickening stench of death!
MIASMA!

The song stops and the crowd cheer and chant. Bloof of Wecz throw picks and drumsticks into the crowd before they leave the stage.

Scott H – Thanks you guys! This has been amazing! We’ll see you again soon!

Ryan Lee – VOTE WECZ FOR DELTA TAU!!

Cheering and chanting again as the houselights come back on and the chatter begins, drowned out by the PA....

Setlist

Repentance
Blackwater
Miasma

A coupla pics

Maxxi with some flashy tapping and Mark shreds it up!
UserPostedImage

Ryan gives it a little pinch action as Scott prepares to engage the crowd
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Offline Mt. Epic  
#19 Posted : 16 March 2010 07:38:11(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Blaine, front, singing "Wise Compromise", with drummer Tim Kemp, left, seconds away from first solo at the concert, next to bassist Rob Masovic Jr, right.

Clear Vision played a fabulous show the other night at Taipei. The boys, Blaine, Jimmy, Rob, and the cautious Tim set up on stage after opener Reckoner stepped off. The crowd, already enthusiastic from the Reckoner set are now screaming at the top of their lungs now that the headliners are here. As they get set up, Blaine makes a few jokes and comments about the crowd's energy. Finally, Blaine screams "ARE YOU READY TO MAKE SOME NOISE!?!?" The crowd rises in volume as the band starts off performing their regular opening track, "Red Swans".

UserPostedImage
Guitarist Jimmy Stewart, performing the solo in "Gravity"

The crowd is now forming moshpits below, as the band continues through many of its energetic songs such as "Yelling at the Hoard", "Singe", "Being Fresh", and "American Woman".

Finally, Blaine cuts off the excitement, with Blaine saying to the crowd, "Now, let's take a moment to remember some of the people....that we may have hurt....that we may have dissapointed....that we may have lost forever...." 60 seconds of silence there was, until the band started playing their slow, love ballad "Right Beside You".

UserPostedImage
Blaine, finishing up performing "Right Beside You"

Finally, after the band has performed its 18-track setlist, the band was ready for its encore. First up, the pop classic, "The Sun Shines" literally shined upon the lights of the masses. Next up, a little "Mad Happy"-ness could do the trick. Now, the band was screaming at the top of their lungs as the finishing track was "3am". Prior to preforming, Blaine had one last message to the audience. "Thanks for coming out, everyone. You've been a blast! Thank you Taiwan! Thank you Taipei! Have a safe trip home! This is '3am'!"

UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline gumba  
#20 Posted : 16 March 2010 12:42:21(UTC)
gumba

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Pilot's video begins with a shot of Nick speaking to one of the cameramen.

"Is it on?"

"Yes."

"Rolling and...like we're on now?"

"Yes."

"Alright, let's do this. Delta Tau!"

The band then start playing Seven Seas off their latest album. They are in a large rehearsal hall, a venue in Perth the band co-own with a cousin of Clint's. There is a poorly painted Pilot banner behind the band. Most of the band play fairly stationary but Nick still runs around like a mad man, singing the final chorus from atop Stephen Holland's bas drum.

Clint: "Hey, we should do some fake vomit thing for that line about vomiting over the edge of the boat for the real gigs."

Nick: "Ummm, maybe. Could be a bit gross."

Stephen: "Not on my fucking drums."

Andrew: This is just a rehearsal but should we be, like, doing stuff. For the camera?"

Nick: "Probably, otherwise we'll get kicked out in the first round. (Addressing camera) Okay, this doesn't count as a real gig coz there's no live audience, so no one yell and scream that we're not playing Can't Sit Still. This one's The Brightest Star."

Murray moves over to the keyboards for this song. Clint stands over him and occassionally kicks the keyboard, Murray glares at him and mouths "fuck off" a few times. Andrew walks up to the camera and stands so he's completely blocking it for about 45 seconds.

Andrew: "Ha, this is the worst video ever"

Clint: "the music's good at least...I think so anyway."

Murray: "Stop kicking my fucking keys."

*Stephen throws a stick at Murray*

The band then start playing People Are Animals. Nick, Clint and Murray are all running around the set, Clint and Murray holding their guitars inches from each other to play a solo. At the end of the song Clint smashes his guitar on the floor. Murray runs over and kicks a hole in Stephen's bass drum.

Stephen: "What the fuck?"

Nick: "Weren't we still gonna play Amy?"

Clint: "Oh yeah. Ha, not anymore I guess. Upload that shit."

Setlist

Seven Seas
The Brightest Star
People Are Animals
Amy (not played)

Pilot are: Nick Edmondson (vocals, guitar), Clint Walkingshaw (guitar, vocals), Murrray Catalano (guitar, keys), Andrew Blackwell (bass), Stephen Holland (drums, vocals)

Pants Festival are: Andrew "Rooster" Dunnell (vocals), Kuhilan "Ku" Gounder (guitar), Stephen "Popa" Poepjes (guitar, vocals), Clinton "Gandy" Gandy (bass), Matt Hanson (drums, vocals)

Labrats are: Milton Mitchell (vocals, synths, guitar), Lara Branik (guitar), Liam Mitchell (synths, turntables), Preston Abelford (bass), Bonnie Snell (drums)