logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline troy211619  
#1 Posted : 16 March 2010 01:21:37(UTC)
troy211619

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Oxygen is the 4th and final single off Reckoner's debut album ,Invisible, which would be released on March 15. The single is accompanied by a music video unlike its predecessor Scream. The music video, along with the music videos for Negative and Comatose, is directed by the band's close friend Dale Tucker. The song shows the "pop" side of the band unlike the dark and rock side of its predecessors. The single has no B-Sides and for the first time features the band doing a cover.

UserPostedImage

Tracklisting
1.Oxygen(Mascenon)
-Formerly known as Breathe, the track was written back when Troy was 15 and was kept in his song notebook which was lost for 4 years. After the rediscovery of the notebook, Troy stumbled upon the song and thought of polishing the song, it was then renamed into Oxygen. "The song is about living a simple life, about letting go of what brings us down and going back to simplicity" says Troy in an interview. The song begins with a chord progression played in an acoustic guitar by Troy backed up by simple 4/4 drum beats by Tristan and a bass line following the chords by JPC. The piano played by JC comes in after a few seconds and Troy begins to sing. Carl plays his electric guitar during the verses but in a clean state. When the chorus arrives, Carl puts his guitar into heavy distortion and the song starts to bang people's heads off. The bridge contains a guitar solo played by Carl with a whammy pedal. The song ends with one more chorus before all instruments hit their last note except for Carl who attempts to get feedback from his amplifier. "The song would gain a high rank in the charts, people today love to listen to easy pop songs, and this would be one of the soft, easy listening, pop songs we have and it would get a bit popular, no doubt.." Carl says jokingly.
2.I Am The Hang Man(Quarantine Cover)
-"One of the best songs ever made from one of the best bands to ever walk on the face of the music industry. If you haven't noticed, we are all total Quarantine fans and they have inspired us greatly in our music. We have been listening to them since For The Liars, The Cheaters, and The Backstabbers and we were even dragged deeper with RX, Amneisa, and lately, The Catalyst. I Am The Hang Man is one of my favorite Quarantine songs and that's why we decided to cover it. We'd make this cover worth listening to by adding a little bit of Reckoner in that song, we'd make you proud Regan!!" Troy says.
3.Oxygen(Alternate Version)
-This version was created during the Invisible sessions in the Suicide Records studios. We tried to make Oxygen into a heavier rock song with the help of Kieran Marks but the song sounded way better as a pop song so we decided to stick to the old version. The differences of the alternate version from the original version are as follows: 1)the alternate version features 3 guitars played by Carl,Troy, and JC while the original featured an acoustic guitar, a piano, and an electric guitar.2)the alternate version's guitar solo was different and was played by JC, the original version was played by Carl.3)the alternate version contained a one note scream during the bridge of the song while the original did not, and 4) the alternate version has backing vocals provided by Kieran Marks while the original has no featured vocalists.

Other Information
Label:Suicide Records
Released on: March 15
Produced by: Kieran Marks
Track 1 and 3 were written by Troy Mascenon, Track 2 was written by Quarantine

OOC:comments,reactions, or suggestions to make my RPing better please!

Edited by user 17 March 2010 10:50:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline infinite135  
#2 Posted : 16 March 2010 06:01:20(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
OOC: I think you're one of the best RP's on here, I always enjoy reading your stuff. Keep up the good work!
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline troy211619  
#3 Posted : 16 March 2010 06:58:29(UTC)
troy211619

Man

OOC: Thanks man!
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline troy211619  
#4 Posted : 17 March 2010 00:48:36(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Chart Positions:
UK-17
USA-140
Canada-167
Australia and New Zealand-143
South America-156
Asia-155
Europe-39
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline troy211619  
#5 Posted : 17 March 2010 10:50:16(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Chart Positions:
UK-18
USA-99
Canada-180
Australia and New Zealand-117
South America-161
Asia-166
Europe-41
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage