logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bdylan88  
#1 Posted : 18 March 2010 02:16:45(UTC)
bdylan88

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Rock Gods, The Bards, have finished their second world tour which was a huge success. Selling out ALL venues world wide! The Bards started out in the USA and ended in ASIA with a electric, mind blowing performance of the entire Magic Machine album and other hits.

Back in his Hollywood home, we got to sit down with lead singer Marc Rolan who sat comfortably on his balcony sofa with a cigarette and ice water.

Q: So Marc you've just conquered the world for a second time. How was it?

A: (laughs) It was defiantly easier the second time around. The fan base seemed to multiply by the thousands which is great! The fans are the reason why THe Bards are still kicking.

Q: The fans seem to love you guys but kinda get scarred about change?

A: Yes and No. Our latest album, Sky-Fire didn't open with a bang but it is slowly climbing. A secret climb. A slow, secret climb. But Thunder On The Mountain became a huge success. That is defiantly a new pair of socks for the band. The Fans loved it. I guess the blues angle needed some warming up to.

Q: Now since you've released this album with fresh faces. J.R Rhythm came back and Matt Slick left because of a creative difference?

A: Well Slick left because he wanted to do a Bards album and that wasn't my agenda or the bands. My goal was to make a blues album. Slick was a blues player but guess he wanted change, I dunnno. As for J.R, he just got that itch and jumped on when Slick left.

Q: Did you guys discuss further projects and plans?

A: Of course but it was kinda like a talk session/ brain storm chit chat. Nothing serious.

Q: Can you share what you talked about?

A: J.R has an idea for 3 disc album but that would take alot of work and time. I don't think I'm ready for that. But I did discuss returning to Mars album... not sure.

Q: That would be really awesome. SO what are you currently up to?

A: The band gave me complete control of all material so I'm gonna be releasing some Bootlegs and rare tracks. WE've just released a single called Death Letter Blues which has a rare Graveyard Moon track on it.

Edited by user 19 March 2010 10:25:16(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

The Bards are signed with HOT EYE RECORDS

Offline Synxhard  
#2 Posted : 18 March 2010 06:49:41(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Didn't you fucking dinosaurs already die in a car crash or something? For god sake, do the world a favor and quit the nostalgia tours, stop putting out old shit no one dares about, and just go die alone in some Florida retirement home.

-Jason Byrne
Suicidal Mainiacs
Offline old.gregg  
#3 Posted : 18 March 2010 07:19:56(UTC)
old.gregg

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
In contrast to the comments from my fellow 'musician' above, I think it's great that you guys are still touring and making music. True music legends right here.

-Jakey
-
Offline Synxhard  
#4 Posted : 18 March 2010 07:35:56(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Ah fuck you! Every musician I've listened to who's even remotely old sucks. This is why there should be more fucking bands like us. Someone needs to get rid of these crazy old nostalgia bands, they've been dying for the last 15 years. Fuck the old, bring on the new.

-Jason Byrne
Suicidal Maniacs
Offline bdylan88  
#5 Posted : 19 March 2010 10:02:51(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Synxhard wrote:
Ah fuck you! Every musician I've listened to who's even remotely old sucks. This is why there should be more fucking bands like us. Someone needs to get rid of these crazy old nostalgia bands, they've been dying for the last 15 years. Fuck the old, bring on the new.

-Jason Byrne
Suicidal Maniacs

Suicidal Maniac's? What is that? Some sort of 80's slasher flick... Respect your elders and maybe someday you will be as good as us...maybe
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

Offline Synxhard  
#6 Posted : 19 March 2010 10:45:43(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

It's the best hardcore punk song ever written, but you wouldn't know that, now would you? I don't need to respect my elders, that's for dudes like Wolfmother, who just want to repeat every AC/DC record known to man. You guys think your sooooo fucking good, well let me tell you something. Your 50 year old fans love you, that's about it. I would never say the Suicidal Maniacs are a good band, we fucking suck. But I love the music we make, whether it sucks or not, so I'd really rather stay underground making whatever the fuck I want, than hitting it mainstream and ending up playing the same fucking songs for the rest of my life. How do you think Rush feels when they gotta play "Tom Sawyer"? Not too fantastic I'd bet, and I'm not gonna see the day where my band is put in that situation, ever.

-Jason
Suicidal Maniacs
Offline Cooper  
#7 Posted : 19 March 2010 16:54:25(UTC)
Cooper

Aaron: hey im a big fan of The Bards, but then again i love nostalgia too. there is a certain quality about older stuff thats just missing these days. so many bands are trying so hard to have that something but they will never get it because they want to be trendy and make millions, but are stuck up to play what will make them millions and claim its 'selling out'

im not talking any particular band here, or person, im just talking about scenesters and hippsters.
......................................................................................................................

Aaron Cooper. guitar, vocals
Brandon Fisher. guitar, backing vocals
Tom Popps. Bass guitar
Don Cafe. Drums
UserPostedImage
Offline bdylan88  
#8 Posted : 20 March 2010 18:30:47(UTC)
bdylan88

Man

Synxhard wrote:
It's the best hardcore punk song ever written, but you wouldn't know that, now would you? I don't need to respect my elders, that's for dudes like Wolfmother, who just want to repeat every AC/DC record known to man. You guys think your sooooo fucking good, well let me tell you something. Your 50 year old fans love you, that's about it. I would never say the Suicidal Maniacs are a good band, we fucking suck. But I love the music we make, whether it sucks or not, so I'd really rather stay underground making whatever the fuck I want, than hitting it mainstream and ending up playing the same fucking songs for the rest of my life. How do you think Rush feels when they gotta play "Tom Sawyer"? Not too fantastic I'd bet, and I'm not gonna see the day where my band is put in that situation, ever.

-Jason
Suicidal Maniacs

The Bards have been churning out their own music since the beginning. We go against what the current mainstream is...hip hop/pop. Our fan base has crossed generations. We cater to ALL. And when Rush plays Tom Sawyer I am sure they love it...but not sure what that has to do with TRGF... We are the only Fantasty/Rock group around and we haven't always been liked. But that doesn't stop us. Nothing Can.
I own...

The Bards

Jack Frost (deceased)

Jimmy Merchant

Offline troy211619  
#9 Posted : 20 March 2010 19:34:15(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
bdylan88 wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

-Jason
Suicidal Maniacs

The Bards have been churning out their own music since the beginning. We go against what the current mainstream is...hip hop/pop. Our fan base has crossed generations. We cater to ALL. And when Rush plays Tom Sawyer I am sure they love it...but not sure what that has to do with TRGF... We are the only Fantasty/Rock group around and we haven't always been liked. But that doesn't stop us. Nothing Can.

Now that''s The Bards!
Bad Ass Rock Domination Soldiers!!!
-Troy Mascenon(Reckoner/Frontman)
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#10 Posted : 20 March 2010 19:39:27(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
bdylan88 wrote:

1. The current mainstream is rock, pop is dead, and hip-hop was never alive in the first place.
2. You are probably not the only fantasy rock group around. Whatever that means, you're very rarely alone in a genre. Unique as a band, yes, but unique as a genre, no.
-SCB.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline troy211619  
#11 Posted : 20 March 2010 19:41:37(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
bikz wrote:

1. The current mainstream is rock, pop is dead, and hip-hop was never alive in the first place.
2. You are probably not the only fantasy rock group around. Whatever that means, you're very rarely alone in a genre. Unique as a band, yes, but unique as a genre, no.
-SCB.

True, true...
-Troy Mascenon(Reckoner)
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage