logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrianaRisk  
#1 Posted : 23 March 2010 12:50:18(UTC)
BrianaRisk

Groups: Registered

Briana Risk is playing a show tonight at we got a chance to catch up with Orlando native, to get to know her. (Briana in italics)

First off, welcome to Las Vegas!

Thank You very much! im a big fan of this city and to be invited here to play a show, really means alot to me!

Lets talk about your music. People have been calling you a mix of Peaches and Mazzy Star, whats some of your influences?

Oh so many to name! although my music is played at clubs and i started out as a DJ, im a big fan of 80s new wave, and some of the early days of techno right after the death of disco. Missing Persons is one of my favorites, thier singer really showed that you can be taken serious, yet still be sexy.

Yes! and by the looks of it, you got the sexy part down! do you model?

I do, or i should say i DID model. Ive been back and forth between a few differenct agencies, one in New York, and the other in Orlando. they have kept me in the game enough to be able to finance my music venture.

What kind of modeling did you do?

Just advertisement here in there, a few commericals, this and that. a few years ago i did some magazines but nothing that intresting. im much happier these days for sure

Before the interview i seen that you had gotten out of a limo, with what look like Tim Dunn, care to elaborate?

Yes that was Mr.Dunn, we had a quiet dinner and discussed a few things on a business stand point. Hes a real sweet guy and i learned so much from just the short time we had..

Oh yeah? Could there be something a little more there that you are hinting at??

No hints, it was purely business. A total gentelmen, and gave some great advice about the industry. Hes been around the block a few times and it was nice to talk to someone who has seen alot of success, yet humble enough to accept failure.

It can be tough out there, we have also heard that you have brushed shoulders with the likes of Holly Zona and Tisha Jackson, care to ellaborate?

Holly and Tisha are two of the sweetest people i have ever met, so genuine and real. Ive listen to Tisha for a while now and she inspires me to stay true to myself and just get your name out there. As for Holly, she just released her debut single not too long ago, and she already speaks with the wisdom of a legend. her EP hasnt left my ears since i bought it.

Speaking of which, you have gotten your name out there with some explosive live gigs, when can the world expect to hear some of your music on the radio?

[i] Im not sure yet, im in no hurry to release anything at the moment, i mean im just tyring to build up a following. but its not a closed door by no means, ive written quite a few songs and been playing most of them at shows, so just come out and see me and you will hear them!
B R I A N A - R I S K

Offline Moquel  
#2 Posted : 23 March 2010 13:03:06(UTC)
Moquel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" Really good interview, a quick one and I see you are a very humble person.."
- Moquel
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 25 March 2010 02:15:43(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8675 time(s) in 2721 post(s)
"Cool interview, I can't wait to meet up with you and Tisha when we go on tour, And I'm looking forward to hearing your music."
- Alicia Lena