logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aquiliz  
#1 Posted : 05 April 2010 04:38:50(UTC)
Aquiliz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
[OOC Disclaimer: You can't make IC replies to this, OOC comments are welcome, though. It's not very good, but I was bored. So, yeah.]

Hour One.

People were slowly filling up the venue. I had a great view on the hall, looking at the people from a darkened window at the top of the hall, looking from out of the dressing room. The idea behind the construction was that the performing act could get psyched, buzzed up and all those other ways of expressing the same fucking thing. They, the people below, would not be able to see the window unless they knew it was there. The sight of all those expectant people did not psych, buzz or thrill me. Quite the contrary. It gave me a sick feeling in my gut. I had to swallow hard to keep that pizza in my stomach. Those people did not yet know that Siren's Call Soundsystem would be the special mystery guest. The pressure was on, and the pressure was getting lethal.

I looked at Jazzy. He looked at me. It was like we were part of a fucking hyvemind. He thought what I was thinking. He felt what I was feeling. We had aced such venues before, but... that was quite some time ago. Jazzy nodded, I nodded. He went back to looking at a faraway neverland, muttering his rhymes. His gaze was blank, unending. Extreme focus.

Morrigan was behaving like our polar opposite. She had performed with us in Ye Olde Days, but only as a guest. Now she was part of the team. Our equal. She was psyched. Knowing that the people coming for a wild night would not recognize her, she told us that she was going to 'taste the atmosphere' on the floor. She left.

Moments later I saw her standing in the venue. She waved at my direction, even though she could not see me.

Hour Two.

The first act, some ambient-trance collective, started playing. I watched their set on the big LED-tv that hung in the corner of the room. They were pretty good. A bit bland for my taste, maybe. They knew how their shit works, though.

I began to roll a joint and lit it; inhaling the familiar sweet smoke like I have done countless of times before.

It did not calm me out. I was feeling the pressure and stress. It was cramping my style.

Hour Three.

Morrigan got back from the dancefloor. Told me she already had her sight on this 'really hot guy' she wanted 'for dessert, tonight'. I was already stoned out of my mind. I laugh. Told her to look for a nice girl for me, too. Morrigan agrees. She and Jazzy went back to the floor. I decided to fuck around with my mini-KORG SK1. It mellowed me out.

I lost myself in the music. When I stopped messing around, I had made a few nice tunes that could be used for the album.

Hour Four.

Jazzy and Morrigan got back again. The current performer, some trance fag, was boring them out. We all hit a capsule of 2C-B. Felt like we were on the top of the world. Definitive setlist was decided on.

Slow Sundays
Godchild
The Doll's House
A Game of You
World War Zero [Super Highway Techno Buddha cover]
Generic Dance Smash Hit #5
Tranquillity Run
Hollywood Bablyon
Tranquillity Re-Run

Hour Five.

The crowd cheered when we were announced. Slow Sundays hits like a bomb. For a moment I was shell shocked, wondering wether or not the venue was going to give in. Fortunately it holds and Jazzy and Morrigan nailed the vocals. The soundsystem is absolutely wonderful.

We never performed The Doll's House, instead extending Godchild with an impromptu jam and improvised vocals by Jazzy. Fucking awesome!

Hour Six.

The crowd ate our new tracks 'Tranquility Run' and 'Hollywood Babylon'. By this time the entire crowd is high on some drug, be it angel dust, ecstacy or love. The three of us are tripping hard, too. We ended the set with 'Tranquillity Re-Run'. The cheers, claps and excitement of the crowd was intoxicating.

The afterparty was in the performer's lounge of the venue. I vaguely remember more drugs and nice, honest people. At some point, my memory blanked out.

We were good. It's good to be back.
The Disstopian
The Disstopian is simultaneously bringing hiphop back to its root and launching it into the future.