logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Raphaela  
#1 Posted : 11 April 2010 09:11:42(UTC)
Raphaela

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
OOC: I felt like coming back to roleplay :D

Rumors have run through the internet over the past few weeks that James Ashton, better known as St. Jimmy of the punk band The Prisoners, is releasing a solo album soon.
To kill off this curiosity that has made his fans excited, we met him at a local pub one day before The Prisoners last part of the tour startd and he told us everything!

Interviewer: Is the rumor that you're releasing a solo album true?

James Ashton: Who leaked the information?! Damn, I was planning it to be a surprise, but apparently everybody knows, so I'll just say that yes, I'm releasing it pretty soon.

I: Tell us a bit more about the album, I'm sure everyone's excited about it!

James: Well, for the past 5 years or so, I've dedicated a bit of my time away from The Prisoners to learn guitar and compose some of my songs. But unlike The Prisoners, these are songs that mostly focus on depression, love and drugs, pretty much how I've lived my entire life.
Those songs were never meant to be released under the name 'The Prisoners' because they don't really fit the whole punk thing we had. It's just something that kept me sane through dark times.

I: What about the melodic part, what is it like?

James: It's mostly acoustic ballads, with piano and guitar. I got a lot of inspiration with British masters, such as Joy Division, The Smiths, Jesus and Mary Chain, Echo & the Bunnymen, etc.

I: Do you intend to follow the solo career when the tour with The Prisoners end?

James: I have an one year old baby to take care of now, if I want him to know his dad, I don't really have much time for everything else.

I: Not even a single tour?

James: If people actually like the album, I may do some small concerts near home and all.

I: When is the album planned to be released, and are you on any label?

James: I guess it'll be done in a couple weeks or maybe less. About label, no, I'm releasing it with my own money, small production and all. Don't think I want to be signed with any label.

I: Thank you for your time!

James: No problem.

That's all we have so far, but it's totally confirmed that The Battleground is Still Red is not the last thing we'll hear by these young talented musicians.
The album cover is promised to be shown to the public soon.

UserPostedImage
James Ashton at the pub.

-Some musical magazine.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline bikz  
#2 Posted : 11 April 2010 09:29:11(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
OOC : Knew you would! :P

Hey welcome back, it's been some time! Missed you! (: This solo project should be good, I look forward to seeing what you've got up your sleeve ja?
See you down the pub sometime,
My name Kaethe and I like mashed potato.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Raphaela  
#3 Posted : 11 April 2010 11:18:40(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

bikz wrote:
OOC : Knew you would! :P

Hey welcome back, it's been some time! Missed you! (: This solo project should be good, I look forward to seeing what you've got up your sleeve ja?
See you down the pub sometime,
My name Kaethe and I like mashed potato.

OOC: Once you start, it's not easy to quit. I sometimes think TRSG comes with heroin :P

Yeah, I miss you, been a long time. How's your baby? Haven't seen you in way long time!
I'll drop by the pub to see you sometime.

-James Ashton
I own:

Offline Raphaela  
#4 Posted : 12 April 2010 12:56:02(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

OOC: I was going to wait a couple more days, but I remembered I only come here on weekends, so I'll just post it now.

And the cover leaked! James Ashton sent us the cover this morning through e-mail because 'he can't wait to hear the fans expectations and opinions about this'.
Here it is, an exclusivity to Some music magazine:

UserPostedImage

The name, Forgotten F Tears, gives us an idea of how deep this album is going to be and antecipate a general feeling of the content.
He also told us that the album will be released on April 23rd, an UK only release (he also said that he's sorry, but he can't afford a world release, maybe in the future).

-Some music magazine.
I own: