logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gorloche  
#1 Posted : 11 April 2010 13:06:57(UTC)
Gorloche

Groups: Registered

That's right. The supergroup, consisting of me on lead vocals (at least most of the time), Mark on bass, Kit from the Nimrods on drums, Jimmy from the Nimrods on guitar, Jakey Comatose on keys, Mike from Axiom on keys, Tim from Axiom on sax, Aaron from Mind on guitar, Corey from Black Gold Reign doing some vocals with us and most of the other guys in the group tossing in vocals as well... We have a name, and we decided on MACHINES. I could explain the logic behind it, but that would cut out a lot of the fun.

We've already finished the rough forms of three tracks. Jakey has been a real trooper and has managed to program some really great parts on his computer while he's in the hospital. He sent us a lot of stuff that he's been messing with and has been really communicative; regardless of how this project turns out, it's getting dedicated to him for being really inspirational with working through his illness and proceeds from it will go towards his medical bills. Anyway, not all of the guys have finished their parts for the three tracks, but enough have to really get it tight. We intend on getting everyone together once all seven tracks seem to be about done so that we can spend a week or two finalizing all of the material and making sure everyone is cool with it before we get to mixing it down.

In terms of sound, the three tracks touch on a lot of ground and are much more "prog rock" than the stuff the other guys have made before (keeping in mind the subtle difference in mental approach to prog rock and prog metal). One track, for instance, named "Seemingly Endless Hours" sounds a bit like... I guess Sieges Even and IQ. There are some other bits in there, but you know. That will give you an idea.

It's exciting! News on our epic we recorded with THE BARDS coming soon!

- Langdon
Offline TheCDs  
#2 Posted : 11 April 2010 13:16:05(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Tim: Exciting stuff. I don't get to play much sax but I love when the opportunities arise. This is going to be great.

Mike: I get to play nice melodic keyboard parts, what is more fun than that. On a side note, I would like to maybe try and work some Hammond organ stuff in if it fits.

Edited by user 11 April 2010 13:17:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline Takeit2thegrave  
#3 Posted : 11 April 2010 14:13:51(UTC)
Takeit2thegrave

I would like to help with the project if you don't mind I can throw in some vocals
-Isaac Hunter
Take It To The Grave:
Isaac Hunter, Lead Vocals
Jeff Kowitz, Lead Guitar
Christian Kitchen, Rhythm Guitar/Back-up vocals
Codey Moore, Bass Guitar
Damion Benson, Drums/Back-up vocals
Tom Crotty Keyboard/Back-up vocals

Label: Unsigned
Albums:0
Singles:0
Touring: Yes In The Doesn't Mean It's Legal Circus Tour w/ Thunder Road, The Walls, And Saburben Sunrise
Music Videos:0
Awards:0
Offline Synxhard  
#4 Posted : 11 April 2010 15:20:40(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
It's such an honor and inspiration to be working with all you guys. The stuff's sounding great, it's a good escape from what I normally do, and I'd like to be the second person to give some serious props to Jakey, got to know him really well on our Asia run, great guy, mind blowing musician, and I think he deserves serious recognition for all the hard work he's done to make this the best musical endeavor it can possibly be.

-Corey
Black Gold Reign