logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 15 April 2010 02:05:51(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8675 time(s) in 2721 post(s)
Stefani Rose Interview

Q: Hi, thanks for agreeing to be interviewed?
Stefani: It’s not a problem, I’m happy to do it

Q: So you’ve recently announced tour dates throughout the USA lasting until June, What can we expect from your performances?
Stefani: I was sort of brought up on the LA bands of the 80’s and 90’s so it’s most likely gonna be more rock oriented because that’s what I’m most comfortable with, My mother was really into Aerosmith and Guns N Roses and that’s been passed onto me, and that’s the kind of music I listen to and that’s the kind of music I base myself around, that kind of sleazy rock sound.

Q: You’ve also been in contact with people about collaborations, who’ve you been in touch with?
Stefani: I’ve been in touch with a couple of people about working on my debut album but it’s not a collaboration with other singers it’s a collaboration with musicians, I want the album to be all me vocally but I wanted to choose who would come in and play drums on a couple of songs or play guitar or bass on a couple of songs, so it’s not a collaboration with other singers, there may be one collaboration with another singer but that would be all.

Q: So who has been confirmed to work on the album?
Stefani: Well so far I’ve got Patrick Lewis confirmed to come into the studio and work with me sometime around July, he’s toured with PANIC so he’s pretty experienced. I’ve also got Bobby Zombie who’s gonna work on a few songs as a guitarist and we’ll also be re-working a couple of tracks together and Drew Kutzle will be producing the album and maybe working on a couple of songs with me. I’m still working on getting some more people in on the album.

Q: Who are you still working on getting in for the album?
Stefani: Well theres quite a few people, I don’t really want to give too much away, Um Adam Webber from Stockholm Syndrome is someone who I’d like to get to play drums on a few songs, I saw his band a couple of weeks ago and he’s pretty fuckin great. Like I say I don’t want to say too much about it yet because I’ve not asked anyone else yet.

Q: Does seem like you album will have a rock sound?
Stefani: Yeah the guys working on the album so far are rock based musicians but the album won’t be just a rock album in the sense that Appetite For Destruction was it’s gonna have a lot of genre’s in it from Pop to Dance, I’ve been in touch with a R&B and Rap singer who’ll hopefully be on the album, so I don’t really want it to be considered just another rock album.

Q: Well you do seem to have the rock lifestyle, you’ve spent a lot of teen years creating trouble and you’ve already had criticism, how do you handle the negative comments?
Stefani; It doesn’t bother me at all, I’ve dealt with a lot more than just negative comments, If the comments were from people who I respected and people who were my idols then I wouldn’t be happy about it but if it’s from people who I’ve never met and who I have no interest in meeting then it doesn’t matter. I know people think that because I’ve got a history of taking drugs and drinking heavily and fucking around in clubs that I’m not a respectable person for the music industry but if it was guys in rock band who did all of this it wouldn’t be considered a bad thing, that’s what people want from rock bands and because I’m girl I’m expected to be polite and live a normal life, Fuck that, I’m 19 and I’m living in LA as a professional singer, I’m gonna use that to my advantage, I can fuck around just as much as before and I’m gonna do what the fuck I want.

Q: Have you got your own place in LA now?
Stefani: Yeah, before I was signed by Metamorphosis Records I was living on a friends bedroom floor because I couldn’t afford to get my own place but Metamorphosis Records have been great, they’ve got me my own place in LA, It’s a basic apartment and I’ve now become the person who has people crashing on my bedroom floor after a night out.

Q: Your outspoken and that could become a problem in the music industry, do you think it will have an effect?
Stefani: Sure every now and then but that would be more of a problem if I was a pop singer, if I was pop singer I’d get a lot more criticism because they tend to have to be squeaky clean and say the right things but with a more rock based singer you’re kinda expected to say controversial things and your expected to be a bit sleazy.

Q: So what made you so controversial?
Stefani: I guess the place I live really, it’s not a quiet place, it’s a rowdy town where there’s parties every night somewhere. When I hit the age of 14-15, I found Appetite For Destruction By Guns N Roses and I was entranced, that’s what I wanted I wanted to be in Guns N Roses. Then at 15 I really began trying to be like the guys from Guns N Roses, I loved Rocket Queen the most from that album mainly because of the sex part halfway through and that’s when I started to become this rowdy, unbelievably sexual teenager and that’s what the guys wanted in LA back then, they didn’t want someone to be in a long term meaningful relationship, they wanted wild one night stand’s with some rock chick and I used that to my advantage. I was one of the first people at my school to lose their virginity and when word got around I became massively popular and I loved it, whats not to love.

I’m sure you’ve got some crazy stories to tell, but sadly that‘s all the time we‘ve got, maybe you can tell us some other time

Edited by user 15 April 2010 02:08:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline SuicideParty  
#2 Posted : 15 April 2010 15:23:14(UTC)
SuicideParty

Groups: Registered

God Stefani Your so fucking sexy!

-Bobby Zombie
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 16 April 2010 20:05:47(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8675 time(s) in 2721 post(s)
SuicideParty wrote:
God Stefani Your so fucking sexy!

-Bobby Zombie

"Thanks, It's gonna be fucking wild when we're on tour together, I can't wait."
- Stefani Rose