logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#1 Posted : 16 April 2010 10:11:53(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
The new Reported Failure album hit stores yesterday. It is titled 'Flux of the Run' and debuted at #49 in the world and #8 in the USA. Guitarist and backing vocalist Vincent Peters gave a short track by track analysis of the album which can be found below.
UserPostedImage
1. Wind Tunnel
"A blusey track. It has a great bridge. the lyrics are about self doubt, home sickness, and wanting to belong."
2. Hope To Get Out
"One of my favorite songs off the album. Great guitar riffs and vocals. The song was written while we were on tour fter the release of Ive known You. So the song is just emotions that were being felt around that time."
3. Preachin' (Hate, Hate, Hate)
"This is a song about stuff that's going on in the world today. I think the title says it all."
4. Short
"This is one of my favorite songs to play. It has a sick guitar solo. It came as sort of a frankenstein song. Some of the riffs were from other songs we were working on that didn't work out. The lyrics are about falling short of something."
.5 Change
"acoustic song about a relationship."
6. Summer
"This song was going to be on the album, then it wasn't but now it has made it back onto the album for the final release. It has a great guitar riff and solo."
7. Into This Guitar
"3 minute insturmental."
8. Bee-Keeper
"Amazing song, if you ask me. Great riffs, skillful little melodic tweaks. Lyrics tackling important issues such as war, and suicide."
9. Sickman
"Mostly insturmental. Our heaviest song on the album."
10. King of Caves
"I think of this song as the sister song of Bee-Keeper because it has similar tone and the lyrics are about similar things. This song however is a bit slower and starts out acoustic."

Check out how the album sits on the charts.

UK - #4
USA - #8
Canada - #4
Aus & NZ - #1
South America - #8
World - #49
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly