logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 19 April 2010 09:23:52(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
TOM LYNCH REVEALED

UserPostedImage

Tom Lynch, to those who don't know, is the lead singer of the emerging rock band Anoesis. Approaching me through the front door, an feminine figure looks and smiles at me. Lynch is well known by his fans for his eccentric stage antics, his wild private life and bisexual encounters. His distinctive vocal style and poetic lyrics have recently earned he and Anoesis a fairly big following.

Morning Tom, let's get this started. First off, how's it going, being in the spotlight?

*Laughs* Well, it's weird. Really weird to be honest, everything's suddenly just gone crazy. We haven't even released an album yet and people are already telling us they love our songs! I guess that shows we do a good job live! I mean we can hardly say we've made it yet, we still have a long way to go. But still, the spotlight, however small, is feeling great.

Do you think it actually benefits the band, musically? Or would it be a fair statement to say you've become tempted to turn commercial?

Yeah I definitely think it benefits the band, and no it wouldn't! It's obvious from the feedback we've been getting that we're doing something right so I don't see any point in changing right now! We love doing what we do and we won't change for publicity or money. Even if we were still playing in shitty bars getting changed in toilet cubical's into £1.99 eye make-up from Claire's, it would be worth it. This feels great having more and more people hearing and liking our music sure, but the kick I get is making it not other people liking it, surprisingly. I know a lot of people are in it to perform in front of people, which of course is amazing, I love it, but the main thing I came into the industry for was to make music that I liked, and that's what we're doing.

Do you think it's keeping you on your toes more though?

Not really, I'm pretty relaxed about the whole thing to be honest. I am who I am and I do what I do, if people think I'm getting lazy I may will be but just don't listen to my music then. I don't really care about people thinking we blur genre's and change around too much, because it's all just experimentation and that's what rock and roll is, just doing something different.

Interesting! Many people would say different! So what can we expect in the new album and when's it going to be out?

Ah man, loads of shit. We're going to try and touch as many of our favourite genres as we can, because that's just who we are! Mainly it's all going to be variants on psychedelic, but we'll definitely mix it up a bit with synths and obviously we've got a sax player in our band, so who knows man. We just try to make good music, that's what you can expect! And it's going to be out sometime next month.

Part two coming soon...

Offline The Nimrods  
#2 Posted : 19 April 2010 09:30:26(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Davey:Bisexual eh? I like you! Did you know they say bass player have big hands? And you know what they say about big hands? Both apply to me sexy.

OOC:Living out your homoerotic fantasies AJ :P
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#3 Posted : 19 April 2010 09:33:01(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Daniel aka Banana Boy: Looking forward to your music.

OOC: Interesting...
Offline Aj  
#4 Posted : 20 April 2010 02:56:29(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Part Two...

Have you started recording yet or are you still in the planning stage?

Well we've kind of mixed it all up a bit really, we've recorded our favourite song's that we've written but we're also still writing song's all the time and only the best ones will actually make it onto the album. I love writing songs, it's basically all I do in my spare time. I just take influence from everything, I'm always coming up with little riffs or lines or catchy chorus's. I'll write a song about a bus journey one minute then a trip to the shops a next then a trip on bud a next. I write songs about my circumstances and what's going on in my life and the world around me. I love books and poetry and I have a pretty extensive vocabulary and I love fitting in a massive word into a line that doesn't make a lot of sense. It's all in the music for me, I mean I can write some songs and I don't even know what the words mean it in it but I love them. It's awesome.

So who in the music world right now would you state as influences in your music?

*Laughs*, people always ask us that. And to be honest I really don't know, I mean we try to be as unique as we can so it's a bit difficult stating influences. But we definitely appreciate bands like CTS, Quarantine, and pretty much all Regan Futrell's work. But also people like Jakey Comatose and Transferium project have there influences both lyrically and musically, especially Transferium Project when we go a bit heavier. But I mean there just very rough influences, lyrically maybe more so but musically I'd have to say without sounding too arrogant that we're not really like anything else you would have heard before.

What have you been listening to recently then?

Recently it's mainly been The Bards' new album, which I think is bloody fantastic. Also, Reported Failures album's great and I think they've got a seriously massive future ahead of them. Not only that but Ryan Ross Hernandez's stuff's been great, and I've been on a bit of a Panic! binge recently.

ooc: Only a little bit of rp to get them in, plus I'm currently writing something for Failed Youth which should be interesting.
And fuck you Ryland.