logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline troy211619  
#1 Posted : 25 April 2010 12:38:00(UTC)
troy211619

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Slow Down is the first single to be released from Reckoner's sophomore album which is temporarily under the name Backstabber. The single is scheduled to be released on the 27 of April while the album is to be released the 10th of May. The music video was directed by Paul Reed who used a camcorder to record the first part of the video and a normal video camera for the rest of the video. It was shot in 2 different locations, a local studio in London and the Neolithic Long barrow Wayland's Smithy in Oxfordshire. The music video was completed in only 3 days and was the fastest music video shoot of the band.

Plot:
The video starts off in the view of a camcorder facing the floor of a film studio, it is then picked up by the cameraman as the drums begin to play. The cameraman runs around the film studio as if trying to look for something or someone. As the chorus starts, it is revealed that the cameraman was actually looking for Reckoner, who were playing the song in a house set in the studio. The cameraman films the band as if spying on them since he is a few meters away from them and is only zooming the camera in. He then looks around the set and sees several other cameras spying on the band from afar. The format is then changed to the video camera view where the band is seen playing the song in their house set. A few seconds later, Troy notices the cameras that are spying them and gets irritated, he then kicks down the wall behind him and it breaks down. The band continue to play the song as if Troy was never there. It is then revealed that behind the wall was a red carpet full of flashing cameras on the side. Troy runs through and is feasted upon the paparazzi, flashing their cameras on him, he reacts as if the cameras were weapons slowly killing him. Troy screams for help and tries to get through the red carpet only to meet his fate when one crazed fan waits for him at the end of the carpet. aiming a pistol at him. The fan mercilessly shoots Troy with "flashes" instead of bullets. The camera then goes slow mo as Troy falls down on his back followed by a bright flash. After the flash, Troy is then shown in a coffin with his band members carrying it to its final stop. At the end of the song where he is almost buried, Troy opens his eyes wide.

Explanation:
Here is what Paul Reed had to say about the video...

The video was a message to the public, not all celebrities want to live their lives with the public, they sometimes need some private time. It was also a reference to Troy's experience with a brutal fan during their early days, it happened on the Chromosome 13 Tour when he was violently jumped on by a fan who just wanted to get his autograph, she is now presented here as the crazed fan who shoots Troy down near the end. This video also referenced Troy's hatred for the paparazzi, I remember the time when I asked him what we would do about the video and he told me to "Make a video that says, Fuck the paparazzi, you know what I mean?", and I instantly had a vision of what the video would look like and this was it.
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage