logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Moquel  
#1 Posted : 01 May 2010 12:32:47(UTC)
Moquel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
The Rise of Duke Alexander

Let's see- you can call me cocky, a performer, or anything that comes to your mind when you hear about a teenage boy wanted to do music as a lifetime career. I'm not your typical boy- I like to sit on the beach and think about countless things and also think about things I can think about to myself. I'm actually a classic guy, being only 16 years old, I dont walk up to a girl and ask them random sex questions, or go ball shack the moment that I see them. I find woman a chance- if you want them, chase them because when you get them, it will feel much better of winning when you break up with them. See, I know I probably sound corny, I whether take a girl out on a beach date, then go out to eat, when the whole time you are eating (then worrying about what the guy is actually talking about) I will whether take a girl to a big hill with drinks and talk about out of this world topics, then to sit in a movie theatre, just holding hands and watching a romantic movie that doesnt mean anything after you see it. Just reflects you to be like the actress in the movie. Go thought a lot of stuff with your boyfriend, you break up, you seperate for a long time, and then you go thought that " thinking about memories moment" and then you go back out because you realize you can't be without that person- is that how it goes? I think I'm actually the first guy that knows he doesnt know what love is. LOVE is what my mom is, I only love family at times, when you love girls, some take it to the heart, but some, was hurt so bad in the past, you can't love them because they wont allow it. So why waste your time on love when you SHOULD let that follow you expect you chasing for love? I think all the time about these things- like what if we didnt have music or radios or television? Ever wondered about stuff, like why should we pay for Health Care when people are not working? :) or even songwriters writing another person's music- start with poerty suckers. I know the business- I been in it since the age of nine. I love music and I'm Duke Alexander, I'm a different kind of music. I'm no TEEN POP, I'm pop, but a new rise of pop. No disney music because I dont want too sing about little kiddie music, music that matters. Taking my thoughts and putting them into music, one lyric at a time.

UserPostedImage
Duke is diffrent and he is taking his rise one lyric at a time

ooc: ( I love the character of DUke and I got kind of bored with the Rise of Teen Pop so I will now just focus on Duke)

Edited by user 02 May 2010 09:07:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 02 May 2010 08:24:14(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8675 time(s) in 2721 post(s)
Max: Welcome Duke I'm sure your gonna have crazy success, just keep your feet on the ground and you should be good.
Offline GirlSpice  
#3 Posted : 02 May 2010 08:39:59(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Miss Vanity: You look promising, can't wait to see more of you.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline Moquel  
#4 Posted : 02 May 2010 08:42:20(UTC)
Moquel

GirlSpice wrote:
Miss Vanity: You look promising, can't wait to see more of you.

" Thank you Beauty."
- Duke Alexander
UserPostedImage
Offline Moquel  
#5 Posted : 02 May 2010 08:43:21(UTC)
Moquel

C4AJoh wrote:
Max: Welcome Duke I'm sure your gonna have crazy success, just keep your feet on the ground and you should be good.

" Thanks for the advice, Max. I have to keep my feet on the ground, or else my mom will beat me."
- Duke Alexander
UserPostedImage
Offline Moquel  
#6 Posted : 02 May 2010 09:06:24(UTC)
Moquel

The Rise of Duke Alexander- Continues

The sun shines thought my curtains this morning as I wake up with my jet black guitar on the side of me, a open notebook with the title of " Down to the Hill" I didnt finish that song- a songwriter often does put lyrics and hooks and chrous together that doesnt belong together. An true songwriters often makes mistakes, writes, then erases, writes then erases. My paper wasnt even white anymore, it was more of a dull black color. I had so many mistakes in my songwriting and some of my lyrics was CORNY than ever! I was like, what was I think writing that? I threw my notebook on the ground and picked up my guitar. I just sing and then I write, I sing then I write and then I put together one big song. My mom, Kayla Alexander wasnt never married. She believes that a woman can be indepedent without a man and still rise a kid. My dad is still in my life- when he wants to be. He is a great dad, but tends to pussy out when he comes to my music. All father wants their sons to become sports superstar. When I told my dad I wanted to do music, the first thing he said (what everyone else said too) " Music is not promising" BULLSHIT! I think if you have talent and determination you can do anything you want- my dad was a big time plant walker in the Valley of Mexico years ago, he was a smooth guy with a heavy personality, I'm totally different from my dad, tell you truth I think I took after my mom charm and being humble (when I can) My mom is a businesswoman and a lot of people thought the business world " This is a man's world" but my mom shacked their heads of the top excutives so fast, their head come off or they pissed on thereselfs. That's why I choosed my mother, Kayla to be my manager. No one will run over her and she is a strong woman. Run over her and her son- you better come credit! or harder. Dont let the teacher look fool you- I been in the industry since the age of 10, I did acting gigs, commercial and modeling. Music was on the side until I got harder and older- now I'm 16 and ready to take the world. See I know what it's takes, I didnt get in easy, my mom didnt treat me like a spoiled star, she is still a mother, but a mother with a talented son.

" I feel like if you see your son or anything for money and not their talent, you will fail on whatever you do.."

I started to walk down the streets of Santa Monica, California. A man, stands about 6'1 is on the side of the road, playing a guitar. He sings: Oh California, come I be your rock tonight, I wanna be your state tonight, come on and let me rush you over. Rush You Over.

What the hell?- is music all about that? I just took my head and laughed. Atleast he tried, but around the world is sometimes bullshit music, luckily the artist today is very talented and different. Hey-- cowboy keep your day job. :) I'm so ready for this music.

He stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and ran home and grabbed his notebook.
UserPostedImage
Offline Solful  
#7 Posted : 02 May 2010 10:19:45(UTC)
Solful

Dakota: Nice, Duke. It's not about the music, it's about the lyrics, and I'm sure you'll be great.
piKe-(Grunge)

Dakota Smith - Vocalist;Guitarist
Brannen Leslie - Back-up Vocalist; Rhythm Guitarist
Adam Dunlap - Drums
Barrett Dowell - Bass Guitar
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#8 Posted : 02 May 2010 10:25:19(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Solful wrote:
Dakota: Nice, Duke. It's not about the music, it's about the lyrics, and I'm sure you'll be great.

Stephanie Fierce: Last time i checked the lyrics are part of the music. So if it's about the lyrics it's about the music. Anyway, good luck Duke Alexander!
Offline Moquel  
#9 Posted : 02 May 2010 10:25:32(UTC)
Moquel

Solful wrote:

" Thank you so much. You understand me, Dakota. Keep coming man"
- Duke Alexander
UserPostedImage
Offline Solful  
#10 Posted : 02 May 2010 10:27:13(UTC)
Solful

Dakota: No problem, man. We songwriters gotta stick together.
piKe-(Grunge)

Adam Dunlap - Drums
Offline Moquel  
#11 Posted : 02 May 2010 10:27:50(UTC)
Moquel

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Solful wrote:

Stephanie Fierce: Last time i checked the lyrics are part of the music. So if it's about the lyrics it's about the music. Anyway, good luck Duke Alexander!

" True. The music, I think is what makes the music what it is. Kind of like an foundation of the music, building an foundation"
- Duke Alexander
UserPostedImage
Offline Solful  
#12 Posted : 02 May 2010 10:30:50(UTC)
Solful

Dakota: Either way, music is complex. You can't have instruments without vocals, or else its just...playing. But, you can't have vocals without instruments.
piKe-(Grunge)

Adam Dunlap - Drums
Offline Moquel  
#13 Posted : 02 May 2010 10:30:54(UTC)
Moquel

Solful wrote:
Dakota: No problem, man. We songwriters gotta stick together.

" Yes, it's all about what the point of the music is.."
- Duke Alexander
UserPostedImage