logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 06 June 2010 00:09:42(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Million's of Failed Youth fan's today are in mourning, as information pours in of charismatic lead guitarist Jack's suicide.

The certified platinum selling band are known for their action filled live performances. Jack's notorious antics cover the news day in day out. His struggle with his heroin addiction is widely known throughout the music industry - something that's becoming an all too recurrent addition to rockstars lives. His death comes as another blow for the industry, after widely popular musical genius Jakey Comatose retired from music.

Any fan of FY will know of Jack and Billy's life stories, growing up from an impoverished background as Romani gypsy travellers. Jack was working on an autobiography at the time of his death, and it is sure to be released soon. Jack's ability's were not just limited to the guitar, and he penned such hits as 'Sick', 'A Christmas Song' and 'Demon's'. Failed Youth's 6 albums sold in total 19,984,864 copies the best selling being 'Various Occurrence's Whilst Intoxicated by Various Substances' selling 4,032,634 copies. An album that experimented in the band's more psychedelic side, whilst remaining true to their harsh hardcore rock they perfected.

Other band members have not been heard of since last Monday, and they have been retreated to their fortified mansion in the country. It was expected they were working on a new album, but no confirmation has been made of this let alone how complete it was. Billy Jacobs is expected to release a statement in the coming days, and the band's record label 'Comatose' are also yet to comment.

UserPostedImage
Above: Jack

Any supportive comments are welcome. Funeral dates are unknown.
Offline Moquel  
#2 Posted : 06 June 2010 02:02:27(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" What I can say, loves is my heart goes out to this talented man's family and band. Keep your head up love."
- Holly Zona
UserPostedImage
Offline Marksy  
#3 Posted : 06 June 2010 02:23:01(UTC)
Marksy

Man

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 113 post(s)
Hopefully Jack's death will teach others to stay away from drugs such as heroin, best wishes for his close friends and family at this troubling time.
- Robert Williams (The Verdict Is Vengeance)
Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 06 June 2010 06:27:06(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8675 time(s) in 2721 post(s)
"Oh man this is a really dark day for music, Your the reason I picked up a guitar, SCREAM is my number one album of all time, It was a total masterpiece. As bands go Failed Youth are the best there has ever been and Jack is the best Guitar player who's ever existed, He's the person who I most aspired to be. If it weren't for Jack I wouldn't be playing in Thunder Road today so from everyone in Thunder Road including myself. Thanks for the memories, they'll continue to live on."
- Brian Richards (Thunder Road)
Offline bikz  
#5 Posted : 06 June 2010 06:33:26(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
((OOC : OMGEEZ DEATH WAVE, THREE IN A ROW. But you did this one well .... Jack's Story was brilliant.))
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline infinite135  
#6 Posted : 06 June 2010 13:56:41(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
This is a really tragic event, obviously.... Jack was a huge influence on all of us, and his death is a huge blow to the music industry. Rest in peace, man...
-Eric Quillington

OOC: I agree completely with Bikz, the way you told his death was really well done. Seriously, good job!
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline Simpleman  
#7 Posted : 06 June 2010 15:57:40(UTC)
Simpleman

Man

I always was a big fan of his music. The rock community ought to put together a tribute album for this great man who had fallen from his perched heights. Truly inspirational music that he made.

- Savannah Lawrence
Offline Aj  
#8 Posted : 06 June 2010 23:13:26(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
A quote from Billy Jacobs -

"I regret with my deepest sadness today to confirm that Jack has committed suicide. His body was found in his car at the bottom of Beachy Head cliffs, a place we used to often visit as children. There was a note attached to his body, but it is our decision to keep the contents from public view for at least a while. All tributes and comment's towards Jack's death have really been touching, and I've found myself in tears many occasions just reading through the support given on the fan site. Truly, Jack was loved by few, hated by many, but the few that loved him showed such great amounts of understanding towards him that I don't think he really cared. Jack was not one to say thing's he didn't mean, and always spoke his mind. Jack will of course, always live on in his music that he wrote and performed. Forgive me for my cheesy, over dramatic final few words, but Jack will live on in the memory of anyone who ever listened to him perform, and nothing can take that away from him, not even death."

Billy released the statement at a quick conference, and quickly left the podium. It's doubted we'll ever know what truly drove Jack to suicide, but questions are still being asked as to what will be done about his unborn child.

Offline the strom  
#9 Posted : 07 June 2010 08:45:55(UTC)
the strom

I remember when we The Strom just started Failed Youth where one of the 1st bands we heard. R.I.P

--Ben (The Strom)

UserPostedImage

HELL YEAH METAL FOR LIFE

THE STROM

the strom website here
the rockstar game music Here

bands

the strom (thrash metal) breaking up?
Band members
Ben
Ray
isacc
psyco
ryan
dlyin

Rp bands
Mind game (prog metal/alt metal)
Ben (guitar)
King (vocalist)
Jace (drums)
Luke (bass)

Offline old.gregg  
#10 Posted : 07 June 2010 08:47:40(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Heartbroken.. really isn't any other way to describe it. He was a great guy, and i'll miss him every day.

- Jakey
-
Offline PANIC!  
#11 Posted : 07 June 2010 12:26:29(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Media outlets caught up with singer-songwriter, Ryan Ross Hernandez, in New Jersey and was asked on how he felt about Jack's death earlier this week.

Ryan Ross Hernandez: "You know, I guess it can be seen as a learning lesson for up-and-coming musicians. That's what you get when you live life fast. I didn't know him personally but I did meet him in a couple of big events and what not, but it is always a shame to see a young man or woman with so much talent not have their full lifespan because of idiotic decisions. I would say that Jack is the James Dean of the 21st century, from the music industry."
UserPostedImage