logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#1 Posted : 06 June 2010 15:47:57(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Ryan Ross Hernandez Takes On His Inner-Douchebag In New Song 'Vulture'

UserPostedImage

While many were sleeping early Saturday morning, Ryan Ross Hernandez's unofficial hiatus from music came to an abrupt end, whether he wanted it to or not. A new Hernandez' record called by many fans and critics "Vulture" leaked to the Internet.

Hernandez's artists and repertoire (A&R) division of Spice Records released a short statement Saturday afternoon, "We are always disappointed when one of our artists music is leaked on the internet, especially when it is off a highly-anticipated project like this one. Ryan Ross Hernandez has been working on his third studio album for over a year and it is a real shame see an unfinished leak hit the internet." Still the record's release has received plenty of rave reviews on Twitter and elsewhere since the leak.

Indeed he did, but for the past several months, we have been hearing about Hernandez working in various recording studios around the world with acclaimed producers. He was also producing tracks for the likes of Reckoner and Alicia Lena. And he recently popped up in New York to preview new songs, while taking a quick break from the 'Uncertain Pains,' filming set of his television-feature debut.

While just about everyone who's worked with him has declined to speak on specifics, people close to the blues heartthrob have publicly described the supreme boom bap and hard-core experimental edge of Hernandez's upcoming album rumored to be titled, Words Speak Louder Than Actions.

"Vulture" has an unusual edge to it, exploring elements from all across the music board. Musically it has furious drums and guitars, a bass line that body slams your ears and epic wordplay that lyrically releases his frustration and confusion.

The song kicks off with a hard-hitting drum intro, unlike other Hernandez songs that usually sport laid-back, mellow drums. The drums are joined by a Gospel-like intro to the song, with Ryan Ross singing over it with a hint of despair in his intense vocals; "Is anybody out there?/ It feels like I'm talking to myself/ No one seems to know my struggle or everything I done for/ Can anybody hear me?/ I guess I keep talking to myself/ It feels like I am going insane/ Am I the one who's crazy?" The singer sings with a reverb effect added in the background, just add some claps and you got yourself a church chorus.

He continues in the chorus: "There's a vulture on my shoulder/ And he's telling me to give in/ Always hissing right in my ear/ Like it's coming from my own head/ It's got me mixed up, trying not to give up/ Tell me there's a way to get out of here/ To find my true self."

Ryan then directs his attention toward the idea of, superficially leaving his own body, adding to the already 'barely-hanging-from-the-edge-of-loneliness' tune.

"I've learned to speak without thinking/ I've learned to define myself with verbiage/ My feelings put aside to become my own worst enemy/ Until I reach that one-way L.A. house to never hear that home phone ring/ Sadly that's my favorite sound to hear," Hernandez declares. "Oh make my bones feel something true/ Ever wanna jump out your skin?/ Swallow a bottle of prescription highs/ Anticipate until the sidewalk ends its trail/ Where you fall in and there's no where to go," Hernandez sings, maybe even better said almost shouts thorough the speakers. Taking the musical journey song to an almost Eminem stage.

As "Vulture" progresses, probably the only man who wears Giorgio Armani suits almost everywhere he goes, including one he plays live shows, talks about his sudden departure from the music scene.

"I just needed time alone with my own thoughts," he says. "Found hidden treasures in the back of my mind/ Gotta find right combination/ Before reality catches up with me/ / I'm fighting for custody."

As "Vulture" nears a close, Ryan once again signs the Gospel-intro of the sing and uses it as the outro to leave the listener awaiting for more.

Hernandez's label, Spice Records, has not yet announced a release date for the blues man's third studio effort, although it is rumored for a Fall 2010 release. Ryan has denied to comment on the leak, and no calls haven't been answered since the artist has recently sold his Hollywood home and has relocated to an unknown location in New Jersey where he is filming.

What did you think of "Vulture"? Hernandez's experimental song. Do you think this marks the end of Ryan Ross Hernandez "The Douche"-persona?

(OOC: Yeah I know it sucks but just wanted to get something up to not have RRH completely fall out of the public eye. In around 2 in a half weeks I will start posting the roleplays for Uncertain Pains which I'll post a sneak peak of early this coming week.)
UserPostedImage